SW battlestations

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@_Matt_:

He uses his for gaming, I don't remember what kind it is but i'll ask him later today

This is what is basically looks like

I have 2 U2713HM's really nice. Good for gaming, but best for photo and 3D work.

EDIT: Also, that's pretty much the same looks as every DELL monitor from the back :P

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#152 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@_Matt_:

I just went by what the stand looks like lol :P

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Took me a while to see the light, but im glad I finally did.

Now I know why PC gamers are the "master race"....ps4 and xone seem irrelevant now.

specs:

i5 4670, 8gb ram, 120g ssd, 1tb wd blue, r9 290 twin forza

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@Evo_nine: tropical fish tank? good idea in australia. i'd even go salt water.

also, very tasteful set up.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

Took me a while to see the light, but im glad I finally did.

Now I know why PC gamers are the "master race"

Das it mane. You should have got the k version of the 4670 though.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Evo_nine You really need to get a aftermarket CPU cooler. Even if you aren't going to OC, it will improve your temps which means longer lifespan of your chip plus a lot less noise.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Evo_nine You really need to get a aftermarket CPU cooler. Even if you aren't going to OC, it will improve your temps which means longer lifespan of your chip plus a lot less noise.

It should be fine. Neither the CPU or the Mobo is overclockable which probably means this PC won't go the distance (5+ years) anyway

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By clyde46

@Couth_ said:

@clyde46 said:

It should be fine. Neither the CPU or the Mobo is overclockable which probably means this PC won't go the distance (5+ years) anyway

Less noise is always good plus, running my 2600K at 100% on the stock cooler made it hit 90'C and that was at stock. Gaming temps would hit 65-70'C.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Evo_nine

@clyde46 said:

@Couth_ said:

@clyde46 said:

Less noise is always good plus, running my 2600K at 100% on the stock cooler made it hit 90'C and that was at stock. Gaming temps would hit 65-70'C.

Yeah not looking to overclock, too much mucking around for me!

I cant really hear anything, its quiet as a mouse....especially compared to the 360.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Evo_nine

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Evo_nine: tropical fish tank? good idea in australia. i'd even go salt water.

also, very tasteful set up.

thnx mate.

Yeap theyre cichlids, would love to go saltwater one day :) looking into it atm.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#161  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I barely game. Still great for video encoding and basic tasks. :P

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 clyde46

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Couth_ said:

@clyde46 said:

I cant really hear anything, its quiet as a mouse....especially compared to the 360.

Are you an Aussie? Do you have AC? Because if you are and don't have AC you will so find the limits of that cooler very fast.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Evo_nine

@clyde46 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Couth_ said:

@clyde46 said:

Are you an Aussie? Do you have AC? Because if you are and don't have AC you will so find the limits of that cooler very fast.

yes and yes....

but I will keep an eye on things now that you mention it.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

This is all I have of my pc atm. It's kinda messy.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2aafxft.jpg

That was when I was using these specs

Cooler Master Haf 912, Phenom II x4 965 @3.8, 4 GB G Skill, 212 EVO, x2 7870 OC (MSI/Sapphire), x1 2TB HDD, x1 300GB, x1 60GB (pulled from one of my broken ps3s), 700watt psu

I did some upgrades in the past month or so, sig should explain. But I'll paste my sig anyways.

New specs

Cooler Master Haf 912|MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz| Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO| 8GB GSkill Ripjaws X | x2 7870 (crossfire) | 2 TB HDD

waiting on this to come in the mail http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129030

If you guys want pics, I'll post one tomorrow

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 clyde46

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Couth_ said:

@clyde46 said:

yes and yes....

Something like a Corsair H40 or a Coolermaster 212, both are really cheap and simple to install.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#166 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Couth_ said:

@clyde46 said:

yes and yes....

Something like a Corsair H40 or a Coolermaster 212, both are really cheap and simple to install.

I used to have a H40 in my old build, ran like a charm and probably super cheap now.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Evo_nine

@clyde46 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@clyde46 said:

@Couth_ said:

@clyde46 said:

yes and yes....

thanks, cant seem to find a h40 in aus, coolermaster looks the go.

will pick one up next time im out.