Stuff Happened In This Industry That Made You Legit Asshurt

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

You'd have to be one spectacular loser in life to get upset over anything in the toy related video game industry.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 Renegade_Fury  Online
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
@twizded said:

Jedi Knight series skipping a generation..I hate the force unleashed for that.

This X1000

And now we'll probably never get a JK game again, because the EU is dead. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Call of Duty 4 (a good game itself) ruining the FPS genre. When CoD 4 was something different from the old 90's style shooters it was fun. When that was the only damn thing on the market it makes me sad that I can't play one of the genres I grew up on. Thankfully things like Ziggurat, Wrack, Shadow Warrior and Serious Sam 3 exist now.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@davem1992 said:

SellOutEnix becoming retarded and locking an IP from my childhood to a console I have zero interest in using any time soon with the worst fanbase in existence.....not much else.

Just means one less series to support.

dude the game will come to pc and ps4 6 months later, no biggie.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@davem1992 said:

SellOutEnix becoming retarded and locking an IP from my childhood to a console I have zero interest in using any time soon with the worst fanbase in existence.....not much else.

Wait, which franchise?

Then again, i doubt they can be worse than Nippon Ichi Software and Bandai Namco Studio.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Krelian-co

@flashn00b said:

@Krelian-co said:

@davem1992 said:

Wait, which franchise?

Then again, i doubt they can be worse than Nippon Ichi Software and Bandai Namco Studio.

i am assuming he is talking about rise of the tomb raider.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#107 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

The existence and increase of micro transactions in games is making me sad

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#108  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@davem1992 said:

Not to mention, somehow putting TR exclusively (timed) on XBOX makes them "sellouts?" What the hell were they during the PSOne and PS2 era? What if the new Tomb Raider was Sony exclusive, are they still sellouts then to them? Nope, because it's apparently always a different story with Sony.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Krelian-co

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@davem1992 said:

Not to mention, somehow putting TR exclusively (timed) on XBOX makes them "sellouts?" What the hell were they during the PSOne and PS2 era? What if the new Tomb Raider was Sony exclusive, are they still sellouts then to them? Nope, because it's apparently always a different story with Sony.

actually your argument makes no sense, he means sellout because the franchise was always on playstation and then made an exclusive deal with xbox even if timed, if a franchise has always been on a console and continues being in that console why would it be sellout? Seems to me you are just butthurt about sony.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

The putting out of unfinished games on consoles. Still angry at DICE for BF4.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 5 going multiplat. It should always be a Playstation exclusive.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

actually your argument makes no sense, he means sellout because the franchise was always on playstation and then made an exclusive deal with xbox even if timed, if a franchise has always been on a console and continues being in that console why would it be sellout? Seems to me you are just butthurt about sony.

From the very beginning Tomb Raider was also on Sega and PC. It's not a PS franchise, it's no shock that PS misses one.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#113 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

Metal Gear Solid 5 going multiplat. It should always be a Playstation exclusive.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

@PsychoLemons said:

Day one DLC

DRM

Final Fantasy Versus XIII XV and Kingdom Hearts III being released on the PS4, despite me having one myself.

That shit pisses me off. If you want day 1 DLC, make it free.

So yes, Evolve pissed me off for that and the price tag

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Krelian-co

@locopatho said:

@Krelian-co said:

From the very beginning Tomb Raider was also on Sega and PC. It's not a PS franchise, it's no shock that PS misses one.

was ALSO on sega and pc, but i don't remember a tomb raider game that has not been on playstation do you? still rise of the tomb raider will go to ps4 too so i don't really see the problem.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

was ALSO on sega and pc, but i don't remember a tomb raider game that has not been on playstation do you? still rise of the tomb raider will go to ps4 too so i don't really see the problem.

Yep, the point is though it wasn't a PS exclusive franchise, so there's no special rights or treatment deserved. PS is just another platform the series has been on.

It will be on PS4 one day I'm sure.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

I always laugh when someone gets pissed if an exclusive goes MP. As long as you can still play it, why should you care that people with a different console can? I do understand people getting pissed if a MP goes exclusive though and you can't play it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Krelian-co said:

It's not Sony, it's gamers fucking hypocrisy in general about exclusivity (something that pissed be off and STILL to no end when Bayonetta 2 was announced in 2012, Wii U exclusive and published by Nintendo) and in this case, the cows. I haven't been pissed off about exclusivity since SoulCalibur III (a game I still haven't bought yet, almost did as one of my first ever PS2 games I almost owned, but went for 007: Everything or Nothing instead; and no, my confusion for RER2 not being on Nintendo platforms doesn't count because my rage on that game was for another reason, being episodic and Capcom's alienating history with DLC). I don't give a DAMN if TR was mostly known on PlayStation (I surely don't for Metal Gear and I play that on XBOX), it'd still be hypocritical all the same if Sony bought exclusive rights to RoTR because it's been multiplatform for quite sometime, even if it was mostly known on PlayStation (PC and XBOX, rarely, if ever on Nintendo consoles and handheld; formerly SEGA until the Dreamcast went to hell). The sad part is, gamers would cheer them for it (because it's so wrong for MS and Ninty to get third party exclusives, am I right?). Hell, I remember several PlayStation fans being pissed off about Dragon Quest being mostly on Nintendo handhelds in recent memory before they ruined that series rep with DQX and that series NEVER started on PlayStation.

Besides, cows will get what they want in regards to third party support soon anyway (always have). So expect RoTR to be on PS4.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@nintendoboy16: That moment where I'm a PC TR fan and have been since 1996, I swear this RoTR move has almost killed ANY desire I have to support this series entirely.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 nintendoboy16

@davem1992 said:

@nintendoboy16: That moment where I'm a PC TR fan and have been since 1996, I swear this RoTR move has almost killed ANY desire I have to support this series entirely.

Last I checked, the game is considered a TIMED exclusive. I'm damn sure PC gamers are still getting the freaking game. Jeez, RE fans weren't this bad when RE4 was a timed exclusive to the GameCube.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Not necessarily butthurt, but when Sega pulled out of the race, I was very disappointed. Especially buying a DC at $99 in 2001 and that's a few weeks before they announced ceasing hardware development.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I don't care what it's considered, the moment SellOutEnix sold out to MS they lost me as a customer permanently, every game from now on will be either pirated or pre-owned.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#123 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

1. Microsoft deciding not release Gears of War 2 and 3 for the PC after releasing Gears 1 for PC leaving PC Gamers like me who played Gears 1 left to dry. :(. I am not spending $150 + just to buy X360 to play and Gears 2/3 at/below 720P resolution when I played Gears 1 at 1080P maxed out on the PC.

2. AMD falling behind technology compared to competitors, thus hurting them financially and to certain extent screwing PC Gamers. AMD went all of 2014 without releasing a high end single-GPU graphics card, first time this has happened in the 15+ years I have been following AMD/ATI. So sad.

3. Halo 1/2 coming to PC. Then Microsoft deciding not to put Halo 3 on the PC. Really M$?

4. Games for Windows Live was an utter Piece of Crap! Losing saved games and now having issues with installing games that used Games for Windows Live as it's no longer available.

5. Lack of original and new content lacking as the video game market is more focused on Call of Duty run off the mill type of games and Assassins Creed coming out yearly instead of quality and original content that used to come out 10+ years ago. Looks like publishers don't want to take risks with new and original IPs. Although, it has somewhat been mitigated with indie/kickstarter titles.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

Dead or Alive 3 going to XBox360. I had fun playing DoA on Dreamcast and DoA2 Hardcore on PS2. So when I heard a DoA3 was coming out exclusively on the 360, I was legitimately butthurt.

ldustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125 ldustin
Member since 2014 • 133 Posts

1. Dreamcast being discontinued was the biggest suck that ever happened. And then MS decided to launch a fourth console that generation which damaged Nintendo GameCube (cutting the users between Dreamcast, PS2, XB, and GC). MS should have just picked up the Dreamcast brand or Sega should have ended the price cut after Christmas instead of pulling the plug on the whole damn thing.

2. Sega not going exclusive to one console after killing the Dreamcast. How stupid do you have to be to run a video game company? Sega's brand value was splintered and ruined by going multiplatform. Those 10 million Dreamcast owners were scattered to the wind instead of being lead to Nintendo's doorstep as one mass.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Paid online and trying to force me to revert to Dual Analogs for FPS by removing superior Pointer Controls.