Students at Foxconn Manufacturer Sabotage PS4 Systems?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

@Ballroompirate:

Typical American, thinks the whole world revolves around the laws of America. China doesn't have states.

This is a universal human rights declaration, meaning it applies to the whole world. China is a signatory to this declaration, and helped to draft it.

Also, if you would bother to read what I posted, then you would understand that you are wrong.

They were also forced to work overtime even though the company had a policy that student interns are not allowed to work overtime. Students had no obligation to work overtime, because of the company's policy, but they were forced to, else they forfeit their degree.

Being forced to work overtime is not a violation if it is in the contract, but being forced to work overtime as a student intern is, because Foxconn had a policy saying that students should not be forced or allowed to work overtime or have night shifts. So students were not obligated to work overtime or have nights shifts. The problem here is they were forced to work overtime, if they did not work overtime, they would lose credits.

They were not at all under favourable and just conditions, as stated in the Universal Human Rights Declaration.

Quotes :

Quote from one student:

"Since Foxconn are not treating us well, we will not treat the PS4 console well. The PS4 console we assemble can be turned on at best."

Another student:

You have no idea how hard it was to work in the factories as a recent high school graduate.

Terrible workplace conditions there.

Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/foxconn-interns-overtime-ps4,news-17680.html

Also, you know what's funny?

China actually was a co-author to the Declaration of Universal Human Rights, and voted in favor for it. So if the rights had to apply to any country, it most definitely must apply to them.

Typical un educated poster

For starters do you realize how bad China's Human Rights are? (the Middle East/Africa is still worse but China is not far off). Do you even know how China's Human Rights work?, I'm guessing you don't have any idea on ether of those, do you realize people get put in jail for simply saying or doing something against the governments wishes, so do you expect China to follow a "Universal Human Rights"?. The UN has tried to go in and talk to China about their lack of Human Rights while China has pretty much ignored the matter.

These are college students who are adults, if they were children then that would be a whole **** storm of wrong and guess what, China has a very "black" area when it comes to Children's Rights as well.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

According to some cows there's no performance issue and if there hypothetically was one it only effects just a small number of consoles; so which story we going with here?

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

The stomach moves the ox. Shitty treatment always goes on circular fashion.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

For starters do you realize how bad China's Human Rights are? (the Middle East/Africa is still worse but China is not far off). Do you even know how China's Human Rights work?, I'm guessing you don't have any idea on ether of those, do you realize people get put in jail for simply saying or doing something against the governments wishes, so do you expect China to follow a "Universal Human Rights"?. The UN has tried to go in and talk to China about their lack of Human Rights while China has pretty much ignored the matter.

These are college students who are adults, if they were children then that would be a whole **** storm of wrong and guess what, China has a very "black" area when it comes to Children's Rights as well.

Thanks. You just validated my point and proved yourself wrong. This argument wasn't about whether China would take action about it, it was about whether what Foxconn did is considered a human rights violation.

Tons of human rights violations have happened in China and are happening right now, especially in the labor force. An example is this Foxconn issue with the students.

So you are basically admitting you are wrong by admitting that there are plenty of Human Rights violations in China.

Just because China won't follow protocol, doesn't mean that their aren't any human rights violations. Just because China ignores the declaration doesn't mean there aren't human rights violations. Idiot.

Let me define protocol for your feeble mind in case you don't know, because your grammar is pretty shitty.

Protocol - the original draft of a diplomatic document, especially of the terms of a treaty agreed to in conference and signed by the parties.

You said it yourself, a lot of human rights violations are happening right now there. That's the whole point of the argument right? Whether what Foxconn did to the students was a human rights violation.

I added an article from the Universal declaration of Human Rights to prove my point that what Foxconn did was indeed a human rights violation because they have violated Article 23.1 of the Universal declaration of Human rights, which China is a signatory and co-author of.

It just validates my point even further because China is supposed to be advocating for Human Rights since they are a signatory and co-author, but they aren't. They are violating the fundamental human rights of people. China is a member of the UN, which created the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 23.1 Universal declaration of Human Rights states:

Everyone has the right to work, to FREE CHOICE of employment, to JUST and FAVOURABLE conditions of work, and to protection against unemployment.

You just proved yourself wrong for me. LOL. Even you yourself admit that there are plenty of human rights violations in China. Just because China ignores the declaration doesn't mean there aren't human rights violations.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

What you see here is Nvidia's GeForce GTX 470 PCB.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Thanks. You just validated my point and proved yourself wrong. This argument wasn't about whether China would take action about it, it was about whether what Foxconn did is considered a human rights violation.

Tons of human rights violations have happened in China and are happening right now, especially in the labor force. An example is this Foxconn issue with the students.

So you are basically admitting you are wrong by admitting that there are plenty of Human Rights violations in China.

Just because China won't follow protocol, doesn't mean that their aren't any human rights violations. Just because China ignores the declaration doesn't mean there aren't human rights violations. Idiot.

Let me define protocol for your feeble mind in case you don't know, because your grammar is pretty shitty.

Protocol - the original draft of a diplomatic document, especially of the terms of a treaty agreed to in conference and signed by the parties.

You said it yourself, a lot of human rights violations are happening right now there. That's the whole point of the argument right? Whether what Foxconn did to the students was a human rights violation.

I added an article from the Universal declaration of Human Rights to prove my point that what Foxconn did was indeed a human rights violation because they have violated Article 23.1 of the Universal declaration of Human rights, which China is a signatory and co-author of.

It just validates my point even further because China is supposed to be advocating for Human Rights since they are a signatory and co-author, but they aren't. They are violating the fundamental human rights of people. China is a member of the UN, which created the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 23.1 Universal declaration of Human Rights states:

Everyone has the right to work, to FREE CHOICE of employment, to JUST and FAVOURABLE conditions of work, and to protection against unemployment.

You just proved yourself wrong for me. LOL. Even you yourself admit that there are plenty of human rights violations in China. Just because China ignores the declaration doesn't mean there aren't human rights violations.

The stupidity of your posts is just astonishing, I said "Being forced to work overtime is NOT a violation of human rights, if you don't get paid for said overtime then that's a different story." Every job out there will have overtime if it requires it, I've myself had to work overtime even during school, hell I have a friend who was an intern for Microsoft and he had to work overtime. It's not against Human Rights to work someone overtime UNLESS key word >UNLESS< THEY DON'T PAY FOR OVERTIME at which point you can even get away with suing a person/company (that works only America as far as I know) . Every working person here, on Gamespot and even the world will at least work a overtime shift at least once in there life or come close to it. But go ahead and tell yourself that you can tell your boss someday when he or she asks you to work overtime, I want to be there when you tell them no, cause I want to see the look on your face when they had you that pink slip.

Also I find it how you keep on quoting

"Article 23.1 Universal declaration of Human Rights states:

Everyone has the right to work, to FREE CHOICE of employment, to JUST and FAVOURABLE conditions of work, and to protection against unemployment."

Go ahead pretend you know ANYTHING about Human Rights, it's funny watching you try to justify yourself and failing, quoting the same crap over and over.

If you want to talk about piss poor working conditions they probably have to deal with then yea that is a HR issue (which can be an over looked issue anywhere, not just china), which i said nothing negative about and I can even relate to working in a piss poor working environment since I use to work 14.5 hours a day around oil rings, so I sympathize with them on that. If you want to continue trying to justify working paid overtime is a human rights issue then you are gonna to continue to make yourself look like a fool.

geralsmith0286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 geralsmith0286
Member since 2013 • 41 Posts

@blackace: That picture is just too goddamn awesome