Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#352 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

SFIV has a huge following on 360.

Are Capcom that dumb? They think a payment up front will make up for angry, lost customers?

They might just go to the PS4. Not everybody sticks with one brand.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#353 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@gameofthering said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Are Capcom that dumb? They think a payment up front will make up for angry, lost customers?

They might just go to the PS4. Not everybody sticks with one brand.

Many might have bought a 360 in anticipation of it coming to Xbone.

Either way, cutting out one of the major platforms is dumb for a multiplatform title, no matter what way you spin it.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#354  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Maybe Lemmings should go on a month long cry fest like Cows and Hermits did.

Probably won't though since I have a great fighter in KI.

Any announced time frame when this multiplat title roles out????? Of course not its Soony.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#355  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The PC is such a badass platform. I'm so glad I made that investment 8 years ago. I was worried at the time about it not getting console games, but now it seems to get more console games than the consoles do.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#356 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@Planeforger: Except it will be best on PS4. Whatever minor visual advantage the PC has won't make up for its pitiful community on PC. SFV on PC? Really? Lmao.

SF5 has cross platform play between PC and PS4, so yes, it will be best on PC.

Plus you can use whatever fightstick you have on PC instead of having to buying a new one.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

*shrugs*

It's a fighter. It'll sell great at first, people will have fun. The FGC will start to gain a larger foothold and dominate competition, as time progresses casual players just trying to have fun will get frustrated at the steep learning curve and being stomped repeatedly by the FGC people. Six months after launch only the FGC will still be playing it online and used copies will be absolutely everywhere.

A new version will be released and the cycle will repeat, but on a much smaller scale.

Maybe even a third (or more if Capcom) version will be released and almost exclusively consumed by the FGC only.

This is the Street Fighter cycle.

The FGC is passionate, but not really THAT big. This won't actually make much of a difference in the grand scheme of the System Wars, no fighting franchise will. Fighting games are a closed genre, and every single game in the genre follows the Street Fighter cycle, Mortal Kombat 9 did, Killer Instinct did, Injustice did, Guilty Gear Xrd will, etc. I'm surprised people still get suckered in to buying these… if you don't post at a FGC site, don't watch fight match vids and study things like frames and hitboxes obsessively, and you don't have a $200 arcade stick, these games are not designed for you.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@deadline-zero0: and it's being partially published by Sony which means 0 visual advantage.

Enjoy.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 DEadliNE-Zero0

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: and it's being partially published by Sony which means 0 visual advantage.

Enjoy.

I guess higher resolutions and downsampling don't exist.

Has for your point, i do agree actually. Not because of what you said, but because fighting games don't tend to push the bar graphically. I fully expect SF5 on the PS4 to be equal to teh highest pre-sets on PC. And i can't see any special post processing effects from NVIDIA in this case either.

Still, between what i said about fightsticks, resolution and the fact that you don't have to pay for multiplayer, looks like the pc version is definitive version................................again.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Enjoy.

You can read the future? That aside, even if it looks the same, mods can make it look better oO

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Lets face it. Capcom probably could not get it to run on the ONE's inferior ram without substantial cutbacks to the Game. This generation is going to be awesome. I expect less and less games going to the ONE. Lets see what Sony revealed.

SF5 Platform exclusive

Uncharted - smokes anything on the ONE

The Order - looking really good

New shooter - looks really neat with the hand drawn effect

BloodBorne - hahahahahahahahah NEVER on the ONE

New God of War in development.

M$ blew it load too soon with a piss poor broken piece of shit Halo Master Chief Collection. Hahahahahahahha

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 AM-Gamer

@deadline-zero0: Keep grasping for straws. I wouldn't be surprised if it only supports 1080p. And you can use multiple fighting sticks on PS4. And who the **** pays for online to just play SF5.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By AM-Gamer

@ArchoNils2: mods? Are there any graphic mods for SF4? You can't do mods if they don't support it.

Sony isn't going to spend Money on the PC version.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I'm one of them.. but lucky I own a PS4 as well. I believe the XBO will see a version (probably the re-release of SSFV or something sometime in 2016). Quote me..

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@AM-Gamer: street fighter fans?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 AM-Gamer

@lostrib: Its the best selling fighting game. And yes I love SF.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: Keep grasping for straws. I wouldn't be surprised if it only supports 1080p. And you can use multiple fighting sticks on PS4. And who the **** pays for online to just play SF5.

not sure whcih straws i'm grasping at

Unlikely, but even if 1080p is the max res, the are tools on PC to force downsampling. Obviously, native res is better, but still. Plus, other AA techiniques

Yes, but they have to be supported by the game, other wise they don't work. A 360 fightstick, if you were a 360 owner last gen, won't work. On PC, different tools are available to make almost any fightstick emulatable.

And how are you going to play online for free on ps4?

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

TLHBO!

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 AM-Gamer

@deadline-zero0: The PS4 already supports multiple sticks. And you act as if people are paying $50 a year just to to play one game. The fee covers every game and gets you lots of other things with it.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: The PS4 already supports multiple sticks. And you act as if people are paying $50 a year just to to play one game. The fee covers every game and gets you lots of other things with it.

The PS4 supports PS3 sticks? Xbox 360 sticks? Xbox One sticks? PC does, no special hacks or emulation required for almost all of them, just plug and play USB. Or use any gamepad ever, including 360 controllers (wired or wireless), DualShock 3, DualShock 4, Gamecube controllers, pretty much anything. Or a mix of any of the above all at the same time. Your particular USB stick doesn't work? Get Xpadder or Pinnacle and remap the controls, problem solved. SFV will look better on PC with additional AA/AF even on mid range PCs, with free online play to boot. PC wins just like always.

For some reason, even though these sticks are all USB, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions typically don't work with the new consoles...I wonder why that is...hmmmmmm

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 DEadliNE-Zero0

@AM-Gamer said:

I know it does, which is why i uses a 360 stick has an example. Simialr to drivewheels, if you run into the bad luck of not having a compatible model with the game and/or console, you'll have to buy a new one. And those thigns are expensive. On pc, while not perfect, tehre are ways to counter.

And i wasn't implying your secodn point. I'm refering to the fact that in order to play inline, you have to pay the money. Funny thing, xbox owners who do want to play SF5 will now either get on PC, or have to buy a ps4 and pay an addiitonal 50 for the online, in that particular case.

Regardless, i don't see what your issue seems to be. I'm not saying the ps4 version will be shit. It'll almost certanly be 1080p 60fps, and DS4 is a great d-pad anyway.

I was simply pointing out features that the pc version will have that make it a better.

In fact, if there was no cross play, there would be an issue, actually. There's lots of people to play fighting games on PC, but even i won't deny that most will be on consoles. How much of a split, i have no idea. But without cross play, it could be a big bonus to go with the ps4. But now, i don't see any advantage if you can play both.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 AM-Gamer

@mikhail: There are multiple PS3/PS4 fight sticks. Madkats most recent SF4 stick works for both.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@mikhail: There are multiple PS3/PS4 fight sticks. Madkats most recent SF4 stick works for both.

A couple of them do. Not all.

Every USB fight stick for any system ever can be used on PC. Even old serial and PS/2 controllers and sticks can be used on PC.

PS4 loses this one dude, nothing you can say will change that. Face it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 AM-Gamer

@mikhail: That's convenient, but I have yet to own a fight stick. I would expect most popular ones would release a simple patch. But I was thinking about buying one myself.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tacoma1972 said:

Lets face it. Capcom probably could not get it to run on the ONE's inferior ram without substantial cutbacks to the Game. This generation is going to be awesome. I expect less and less games going to the ONE. Lets see what Sony revealed.

SF5 Platform exclusive (True, but Capcom will be the loser in the end, not Microsoft)

Uncharted - smokes anything on the ONE (Looks good, but so does Quantum Break. We haven't even seen Halo 5 or Tomb Raider yet. lol!!)

The Order - looking really good (Another linear quicktime game where you lose control of your character, every other minute. Game was not impressive)

New shooter - looks really neat with the hand drawn effect (Liked the unique look of the game but it still reminded me of an Indie game like M$ Super Hot)

BloodBorne - hahahahahahahahah NEVER on the ONE (Quantum Break. Fable Legends, Sunet Overdrive. Crackdown 3, Halo 5, Scalebound, Phanton dust, etc.. NEVER on PS4 - Hahahhaah. I don't think anyone cares either way.).

New God of War in development. (They should kill this series after the poorly done God of War 4. Same will Killzone. They've outstayed their welcome.)

M$ blew it load too soon with a piss poor broken piece of shit Halo Master Chief Collection. Hahahahahahahha (M$ hasn't even shown their load yet for 2015. Halo: MCC is just about fixed now. Gamers aren't have many issues with it now. )

Keep spinning your opinions to make yourself happy.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@AM-Gamer said:

@mikhail: That's convenient, but I have yet to own a fight stick. I would expect most popular ones would release a simple patch. But I was thinking about buying one myself.

So, because it doens't affect you and some people, it doesn't matter. You also realize it's not just SF5, but everygame. Just like racing wheels, not every fighting game supports the same sticks and the equivilant models.

On PC, 1 stick for all games. On consoles, you might find that your current one doesn't connect with the game, and a new, proper one, costs a good deal of money.

Again, it's not some extreme advantage over the ps4 verion of SF5, and most people will play with controllers anyway. But it's still a great feature to have.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By AM-Gamer

@deadline-zero0: So the new Madcatz stick will work on every fighting game on pc but not PS4? That makes no sense. I would think that would vary on the game.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 DEadliNE-Zero0

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: So the new Madcatz stick will work on every fighting game on pc but not PS4? That makes no sense. I would think that would vary on the game.

But that's what i said. I don't know about that particular stick, but some, like Mikhail said, are meant for other consoles. A 360 stick clearly won't work on the ps4. And if a game doens't support stick x, it just won't work. It was the same issue with the wheels in Driveclub.

It's a player per player situation to give an edge to the pc version, whcih si why i said it's not extreme, but if you fidn yourself in it, boy, odes it save you money.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@blackace said:

LOL...ironically that is the exact same thing you did in this thread....so why complain about his post.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By AM-Gamer

@deadline-zero0: That pisses me off about the sticks. I have 3 fighting games coming out I want. SFV, MKX and Guilty Gear Xrd. I'm thinking about getting The new madcats stick but I hope it works for all three. The problem with pc though eventhough it's getting alot more fighting games there's always several that don't make it. If you love fighting games you pretty much have to get a console.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@farrell2k

Whats your oppinion on the Block Breaking rumors ?

I don't know anything about it, but if it is anything like the parrying nonsense from SF3, I don't even want to. All of this unnecessary complexity to the game has turned me off from the franchise. The golden days of SF2 are long gone...

The thing is...SF2 was really complex for its time, we played the shit ouf of that game, that's why we think is so simple, but back in the days, we didn't have anything like that, we didn't know about Dragon Punches, about Fireballs, about Combos, people take too many things for granted that were invented or perfectioned in SF2.

Funny thing, SF is among the easiest figthing games in the market, you have solid bases then you know how to play the game, if you want truly complexity in figthing games, play KOF, play VF, play GG.

Is sad to see people don't like to learn anything new.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@madsnakehhh

I love learning new things.... What I don't like is any new thing I learn rendering the previous things I learned pretty much useless. Thats just wrong.... That plus Street Fighter doesn't actually teach you anything usefull. The character move list doesn't even cover 10% of the game's capabilities.

And what do you mean Street Fighter is one of the easiest games ? Its movelist commands are more complicated than the ones in VF..... VF is much easier to learn.... It uses fewer buttons, its execution windows are not as short and strict and its got far fewer meters and gauges than Street Fighter. I'd say Naruto is also easy but what good is that if its unbalanced as hell...... Terrible game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Lulu_Lulu

@farrell2k

You should say hello again.... One just needs to find a Fighting Game best suited for them.

If you're a fan of Asymmetry and massive Local Multiplayer, theres Super Smash Siblings.... If you're a fan of gore and violence theres Mortal Kombat..... If you like a fair fight and would like someway to defend yourself in the middle of a Combo, theres Killer Instinct and Dead or Alive.......

And the rest I haven't tried yet..... I played Guilty Gear along time ago..... I didn't understand it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@farrell2k

Break my heart. :(

but its cool that you play it with a buddy....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#387 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@farrell2k

You should say hello again.... One just needs to find a Fighting Game best suited for them.

If you're a fan of Asymmetry and massive Local Multiplayer, theres Super Smash Siblings.... If you're a fan of gore and violence theres Mortal Kombat..... If you like a fair fight and would like someway to defend yourself in the middle of a Combo, theres Killer Instinct and Dead or Alive.......

And the rest I haven't tried yet..... I played Guilty Gear along time ago..... I didn't understand it.

I am too old and too set in my ways, brah. Every once in a while a buddy and myself will fire up some Street Fighter Alpha and do a Ken + Ryu vs Bison.

Loading Video...

I liked that video, but to clarify, it's Alpha 3, not Alpha. I own/most all the StreetFighter games released in the US.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:

LOL...ironically that is the exact same thing you did in this thread....so why complain about his post.

I didn't spin anything. i countered everything he said with simple facts and opinions.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@SonySoldier-_-

Hey you remembered DoA5 ! :D.... I'm So proud of you man !

Well it's kind of hard to forgot those big bouncing boobies :D! jk lol But yeah the DOA series actually didn't go down the toilet like Team Ninja's other franchise did, the Ninja Gaiden series. Hasn't been the same since NGB.

Soul Calibur is another series that went down the toilet unfortunately. Remember how godly Soul Calibur for Dreamcast was? It got the perfect 10 score. I don't think any other fighting game got a perfect score here. Tekken 3 being the closest.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@madsnakehhh said:

@farrell2k said:

I don't know anything about it, but if it is anything like the parrying nonsense from SF3, I don't even want to. All of this unnecessary complexity to the game has turned me off from the franchise. The golden days of SF2 are long gone...

The thing is...SF2 was really complex for its time, we played the shit ouf of that game, that's why we think is so simple, but back in the days, we didn't have anything like that, we didn't know about Dragon Punches, about Fireballs, about Combos, people take too many things for granted that were invented or perfectioned in SF2.

Funny thing, SF is among the easiest figthing games in the market, you have solid bases then you know how to play the game, if you want truly complexity in figthing games, play KOF, play VF, play GG.

The heydey of fighting games is long past. They went the way of the dinosaur with arcades. Sometimes you just have to say goodbye. I did that more than a decade ago.

For me I agree. I still play and like Mortal Kombat though. I have fond memories of long gone arcades with the first game and seeing the franchise grow, expand, sometimes stumble and from the last game to the next X game rebound and be bad ass.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 Lulu_Lulu

@SonySoldier-_-

Rhe final fighting games I use to play back in the day were Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 and my brother use to mop the floor with me those 2 games..... Not exactly fond memories. :(

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#393 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

I have 0 hope for the PC version and expect it to suck horribly with lag issues.

Street fighter 4 to ultra 4 has been one of the worse experiences on PC and has been a continuation capcom lolfest for pc versions of games.

• original was on gfwl which while not bad was a bit of a sore thumb for many.
  • horrible integration over to steam
  • late pc releases compared to console version.
  • Horrible lag issues in game that were never fixed.
  • Promises of game patches but never actually happen. For example, ultra street fighter 4 is still waiting on the ghostly patch to fix the horrendous netcode. Its to the point that the representative for capcom on the forums has changes name and left the forums after promising a october patch on the way....
  • Promises of new game modes but instead we get new showing of a New street fighter. No idea what ever happened to this "omega mode" they promised

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Lulu_Lulu

@jedikevin2

They did that on purpose so you could play against people in Real Life.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Being a huge SF fan(boy) am glad PS4 will be getting Ultra SF4 & SF5...

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Liquid_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Liquid_ said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Mulitplat megaton. Gotcha.

Keepin that greatness alive.

dont worry, at least you have Microtransaction Instinct

That's just ironic considering how Capcom treated SF4.

How is this ironic? SF4 was a multiplat.

What? 4 versions with their own DLC. I don't think SF4 could point at others with micro-transactions.

Thats not what a microtransaction is at all....

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

love of god...add blood!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Liquid_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Liquid_ said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Mulitplat megaton. Gotcha.

Keepin that greatness alive.

dont worry, at least you have Microtransaction Instinct

That's just ironic considering how Capcom treated SF4.

How is this ironic? SF4 was a multiplat.

What? 4 versions with their own DLC. I don't think SF4 could point at others with micro-transactions.

Thats not what a microtransaction is at all....

Same nickle and diming nonsesnse.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@madsnakehhh said:

@farrell2k said:

The heydey of fighting games is long past. They went the way of the dinosaur with arcades. Sometimes you just have to say goodbye. I did that more than a decade ago.

It seems that you quit just before the big renaissance from last gen, sad to read that, you missed the best age of figthing games since 90's arcades.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@jedikevin2 said:

I have 0 hope for the PC version and expect it to suck horribly with lag issues.

Street fighter 4 to ultra 4 has been one of the worse experiences on PC and has been a continuation capcom lolfest for pc versions of games.

• original was on gfwl which while not bad was a bit of a sore thumb for many.
  • horrible integration over to steam
  • late pc releases compared to console version.
  • Horrible lag issues in game that were never fixed.
  • Promises of game patches but never actually happen. For example, ultra street fighter 4 is still waiting on the ghostly patch to fix the horrendous netcode. Its to the point that the representative for capcom on the forums has changes name and left the forums after promising a october patch on the way....
  • Promises of new game modes but instead we get new showing of a New street fighter. No idea what ever happened to this "omega mode" they promised

Well SF V is supposed to be cross-platform play so they would need to keep both versions equally up to date