Street Fighter 5 PS4 exclusive?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

Link

Would be a megaton if true. The DS4 alredy seems to be far better than the XO pad for fighters. Not to mention fighting games always sell better on PlayStation. Id say this would be a good move for them.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Yes I'm sure a broke company like Capcom would benefit greatly to partner with another broke company in Sony.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I seriously doubt it will be an exclusive. But if it is that's definitely a good score for Sony, snagging the most popular fighting game franchise.

I myself am not really a fan of Street Fighter, well not since the SNES anyways.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NineTailedGoku

@SonofK said:

Yes I'm sure a broke company like Capcom would benefit greatly to partner with another broke company in Sony.

Someones mad. To answer your question, Sony has plenty of money for games. Why do you think they had the best most expensive exclusives all this gen. Sorry if this hurts your feelings.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@SonofK said:

Killzone:SF has more pre-orders than all of the Xbone games combined.

Looks to me like Capcom would benefit from them sales

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

That is not much of a confirmation about exclusivity.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Would be a megaton if true. The DS4 alredy seems to be far better than the XO pad for fighters. Not to mention fighting games always sell better on PlayStation. Id say this would be a good move for them.

If you think releasing SF5 exclusively for one console is a "good move" you should take some business courses....or pick up a class in common sense.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

As long as it comes ot PC too, I couldn't care less.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

If you think releasing SF5 exclusively for one console is a "good move" you should take some business courses....or pick up a class in common sense.

Could be a good move if the rest of the consoles sell bad.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

Yea uMmmm not a good comeback since KZ IS PS4's entire launch.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

However, by making it exclusive, they also miss out of them X1 sales too. Swings and roundabouts my friend.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

You do know that anybody who loves fighting games use fightsticks right? I never owned an Xbox 360 last gen, but it was commonly thought amongst fighting game enthusiasts that 360 was the better console for Street Fighter. They were essentially the same, but the online was far better on 360 so everybody migrated that way.

This gen I can see the PS4 taking it if they do improve their online service. I imagine that the booing at the mention of Xbox One at Evo may push the developers to make the next street fighter PS4 exclusive.

P.S. I bet, if anything, this will just suggest that they're making a next gen version of Ultra Street Fighter

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro: @Douevenlift_bro:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

Gathering information out of your ass does not make it legit.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

@SonofK said:

Someones mad. To answer your question, Sony has plenty of money for games. Why do you think they had the best most expensive exclusives all this gen. Sorry if this hurts your feelings.

@lawlessx said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Beat me to it

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NineTailedGoku

@Pikminmaniac said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

You do know that anybody who loves fighting games use fightsticks right? I never owned an Xbox 360 last gen, but it was commonly thought amongst fighting game enthusiasts that 360 was the better console for Street Fighter. They were essentially the same, but the online was far better on 360 so everybody migrated that way.

This gen I can see the PS4 taking it if they do improve their online service. I imagine that the booing at the mention of Xbox One at Evo may push the developers to make the next street fighter PS4 exclusive.

Not true, me and my friend are fighting vets and use pads. How did you come to the conclusion that no one uses pads?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

You look at once exclusives series, Tekken, DMC etc... Games like that need the sales from both consoles. Back in the PS2 era, you could have exclusives like that because the PS2 had demolished the competition.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Um, SF5 won't come out for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom released Ultra Street FIghter 4 Ps4 addition with updated graphics. And no that is not a joke, and yes I would buy it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Street Fighter

Exclusive

Pick one.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lawlessx

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Not true, me and my friend are fighting vets and use pads. How did you come to the conclusion that no one uses pads?

might be the same way you came to the conclusion that fighting games would suck on the xbox one controller.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Well it's super rare in the fighting game community. I'd say about 5% might use pads. Nobody I know uses them for fighters and I've only seen about 2 people at evo or any other fighting tournament use them.

These games were designed for fight sticks and being able to use all five of your fingers to reach the six input buttons. I can't even imagine how tough it would be to p-link on a game pad.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

This would be huge ownage, lemmings better pray this isn't true.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Yeah it would be better if exclusives became extinct. They're bad moves. Lets just have all games be 3rd party so lems, sheep, and cows can always share the same games.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Oh really, where have you competed and what have you won?.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Look at you troll. This story has nothing to do with XB1 and still you have to make a negative reference to the XB1 controller. You are one scared sad bias little troll. lmao!!

Capcom isn't going to make a SF game for one platform. SF has been on PS, XB, PC, PSVita & 3DS and it has sold millions. Capcom is not going to make it just for the PS4.

@billing said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

But that's where cows get more of their information. The rest they get from random people on forums pretending to be managers and developers. lmao!!

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Exclusive?? Capcom??? no freaking way, unless Sony pay them tons of cash!

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NineTailedGoku

@Snugenz said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

So you have to go to Evo to be a fighting vet? I'm a top Tekken player online. Evo competitors aren't the only ones who play fighting games. Its asanine to assume a small group of gamers (evo competitors) represent everyone who plays fighting games.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Snugenz said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

So you have to go to Evo to be a fighting vet? I'm a top Tekken player online. Evo competitors aren't the only ones who play fighting games. Its asanine to assume a small group of gamers (evo competitors) represent everyone who plays fighting games.

Link to you being a top player online?.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Snugenz said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Evo aint the only fighting tournament... I attend a number of local tournaments myself. Besides, online is a really bad gauge for skill. At least it is for Street Fighter IV.

You should try to check out if your town has any local tournaments. You might be missing out on a good time. It's so much more enjoyable to get together face to face with a bunch of people with similar passions.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#29 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

It would be another plus on Sony's part, but chances of that happening are slim to none since Capcom is hurting right now and needs all the money it can get. Though I'm surprised Dead Rising is an exclusive to the One.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

No Street Fighter game is exclusive to any platform. Think about the number of main titles and spin-offs, and let that dwell in your mind for a couple of minutes as to why the next Street Fighter game will never be exclusive to one platform.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NineTailedGoku

@blackace said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Link

Look at you troll. This story has nothing to do with XB1 and still you have to make a negative reference to the XB1 controller. You are one scared sad bias little troll. lmao!!

Capcom isn't going to make a SF game for one platform. SF has been on PS, XB, PC, PSVita & 3DS and it has sold millions. Capcom is not going to make it just for the PS4.

@billing said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

But that's where cows get more of their information. The rest they get from random people on forums pretending to be managers and developers. lmao!!

The fact that you take that so personal and as trolling is hilarious. Its so much to admit the 360 pad is shit for fighters. I can admit that DS3 isn't the best for shooters, see I don't care. Being a Lem and being so defensive over a piece of plastic is ridiculous. DS4 however is far better for shooters in my experience. Feels more natural in the hand than the X1 controller.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lawlessx

@D3dr0_0 said:

It would be another plus on Sony's part, but chances of that happening are slim to none since Capcom is hurting right now and needs all the money it can get. Though I'm surprised Dead Rising is an exclusive to the One.

im willing to bet it's a 6 month timed exclusive.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NineTailedGoku

If PS4 sells a lot more than X1, I'm sure that SF5 will be exclusive. Fighting games have always had a bigger audience on PlayStation than xbox.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

Why do you think that is? Honestly?

Could it be the reality that Killzone is essentially the entire PS4 exclusive launch catalog? (Yes, I am discounting Knack entirely)

Or is Killzone actually better than all the XB 0N3 720zors launch titles putz togethar!!!!!

Yeah, you're right, definitely the latter. Looks like I better get Killzone too!

That said, Resogun looks awesome. Main game I would consider a launch PS4 for. New documentary up on Gamersyde regarding it.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NineTailedGoku

@Bruin1986 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

Why do you think that is? Honestly?

Could it be the reality that Killzone is essentially the entire PS4 exclusive launch catalog? (Yes, I am discounting Knack entirely)

Or is Killzone actually better than all the XB 0N3 720zors launch titles putz togethar!!!!!

Yeah, you're right, definitely the latter. Looks like I better get Killzone too!

That said, Resogun looks awesome. Main game I would consider a launch PS4 for. New documentary up on Gamersyde regarding it.

That doesn't stop you from gloating over Halo sales lol.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

If PS4 sells a lot more than X1, I'm sure that SF5 will be exclusive. Fighting games have always had a bigger audience on PlayStation than xbox.

Only if Sony pays the BIG BUCKS to Capcom will that happen. Most likely it would be timed exclusive. Also, I use a Fight Stick or Fight Pad when I play SF games. I don't use a DS3, DS4, XBox 360 or XB1 controllers for that type of game. Most gamers don't.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

That would be a pretty epic answer to Killer Instinct.....and lol at the vid!

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

Maybe exclusive to PS4 in Japan since the XBone wont be retailed there.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

@SonofK said:

rofl

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

No way is it going to be exclusive.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NineTailedGoku

@blackace said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Only if Sony pays the BIG BUCKS to Capcom will that happen. Most likely it would be timed exclusive. Also, I use a Fight Stick or Fight Pad when I play SF games. I don't use a DS3, DS4, XBox 360 or XB1 controllers for that type of game. Most gamers don't.

LOL, Sony funds huge exclusives all the time. I know the running joke is that Sony is broke but in reality they're not. They're a Billion dollar company. MS isn't the only ones that can buy exclusive games. MS bought GTA4 exclusive content for 50 mil, you think Sony can't swing that? LOL. Sony in most cases don't have to buy exclusives though as they have a robust league of devs. Everything is leading to Sony heavily outselling the Xbox One, if that happens, we may see this as exclusive.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@SonofK said:

Guilty Gear XRD is PS4 exclusive too. So deal with it!

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#43  Edited By D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@D3dr0_0 said:

im willing to bet it's a 6 month timed exclusive.

Hopefully.

EDIT: What is Guilty Gear XRD?

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

It will be exclusive just like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, MGS, DMC, Tekken, and Resident Evil.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

slightly off topic but...

SSF4 AE is hopping on Steam... community is great and matches are plentiful even still. Could find games much quicker than I could ever find them on PS3.... this is not flame bait, but I just want to debunk the whole fighting scene is dead on PC thing

and lol at thinking Cap will tease Street Fighter 5 before Ultra SF4 drops in march (and the inevitable Ultra SSF4 Turbo Mix Arcade Edition that will be soon to follow)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lawlessx

@enzyme36 said:

slightly off topic but...

SSF4 AE is hopping on Steam... community is great and matches are plentiful even still. Could find games much quicker than I could ever find them on PS3.... this is not flame bait, but I just want to debunk the whole fighting scene is dead on PC thing

and lol at thinking Cap will tease Street Fighter 5 before Ultra SF4 drops in march (and the inevitable Ultra SSF4 Turbo Mix Arcade Edition that will be soon to follow)

Fighing games being dead online is a myth. i play street fighter and king of fighers on steam and there is no shortage of players

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

@SonofK said:

More expensive? You talk so much out your ass you can't even see now because your head is firmly inside?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Sure, why would they want to make more money?

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Or they could be porting Ultra to PS4.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NineTailedGoku

@heretrix said:

Sure, why would they want to make more money?

I don't see you applying the same logic to Dead Rising 3, Fake Hermit. Defending XBone hard I see.