Stop claiming that the xbox 360 will outsell the PS3!!!

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

360 isn't in HD, hmm somebody should sue MS for false advertising. jrhawk42

I could not agree more! I remeber Microsoft claiming the 360 was going to be next gen and have a ton of great titles? I am confused as to where these promises now are?

superman2OO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 superman2OO7
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts

jrhawk42 wrote:360 isn't in HD, hmm somebody should sue MS for false advertising.

I could not agree more! I remeber Microsoft claiming the 360 was going to be next gen and have a ton of great titles? I am confused as to where these promises now are?

I agree ! some of the xbox 360 titles are not so good ! ... how long has it been out since nov last year 6 months in & still only has about 10 games for the system !

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkSlain"]

Most of you lot don't get it, the PS3 is a next generation console! It will have Blue-Ray (which xbox 360 hasn't got) and will all be in HD! In fact just stop saying that the xbox 360 will outsell the PS3, be thankful that all console developers are going forward with their technology, at least give the PS3 a chance!

DevKaz

PS3 will win this war, don't worry it will be the same with what happened between PS2 and dreamcast.

ps3 being the dreamcast
Yeah_its_Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Yeah_its_Geno
Member since 2006 • 917 Posts
It won't.  Xbox does not have wide appeal like PS and all its doing to draw in casuals is....Viva Pinata? No one gives a crap. Xbox isn't going to sell far past the Halo marker.   arounf the same amount as last time...probably a little more..or less. But if casuals wanted it, they would have already had it.
TrueHighlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 TrueHighlen
Member since 2006 • 2132 Posts

man the 360 is not on the level of the ps3 i have the 360 and the games most of them suck in graphics i mean half of the fan boys just don't understand 360 as a life span of 4 years just like the xbox they will kill there system again just to make another after another  just to stop Sony

ps3 as a life span of 10 years

360 just 4 like there first one

TrueHighlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 TrueHighlen
[QUOTE="DevKaz"][QUOTE="DarkSlain"]

Most of you lot don't get it, the PS3 is a next generation console! It will have Blue-Ray (which xbox 360 hasn't got) and will all be in HD! In fact just stop saying that the xbox 360 will outsell the PS3, be thankful that all console developers are going forward with their technology, at least give the PS3 a chance!

omarguy01

PS3 will win this war, don't worry it will be the same with what happened between PS2 and dreamcast.

ps3 being the dreamcast

i never seen a company priase another company after they dis there inovation just to stop sony

sorry xbox is like the dreamcast

TrueHighlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 TrueHighlen

[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]360 isn't in HD, hmm somebody should sue MS for false advertising. Khansoul

there games suck graw as a AI issue oblivion as a lag issue etc

i mean graw looks good but if you have to make the AI stupid just to make it look pretty dont make the game

and why is the online mode dont have graphics like the the solo game

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
PS3 is going to be a dreamcast if any, I mean, 600 dollars for MGS4 and FFXIII,......right........

GTAIV is not even in the question, they are going to pick the one that is less, plus Halo 3. Sony is ignorant toward casual gamers, and that will be there downfall.

Edit: To anyone that says PS3 will be free, PC is also, and MMORPG companies are going to force you to play the fees.
Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Spamwell
Member since 2004 • 464 Posts
[QUOTE="Lazy_Boy88"] [QUOTE="saruman354"]Technically, 360 is currently outselling PS3...but, next-gen or not, nobody wants to pay $500+ for a video game console.

No one wants to pay $400 for a dumbed down PC that offers nothing new from last gen when for  $100/$200 more you can get the most powerful system with many useful multimedia features and the best/most exclusive games.

Most all console sales are long after launch when price breaks come around any ways.... and at the point when both consoles are affordable to most people, won't they want to get the better one?

It didn't happen with the original XBOX, it's not gonna happend with the PS3...
Mordros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Mordros
Member since 2005 • 2336 Posts

Most of you lot don't get it, the PS3 is a next generation console! It will have Blue-Ray (which xbox 360 hasn't got) and will all be in HD! In fact just stop saying that the xbox 360 will outsell the PS3, be thankful that all console developers are going forward with their technology, at least give the PS3 a chance!

DarkSlain

DarkSlain, the Xbox 360 will outsell the PS3.
Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Spamwell
Member since 2004 • 464 Posts
If Saints Row is even half decent, it'll win over a lot of casuals too... It's a 360 exclusive GTA clone that's coming out in late August for those that dont know...
SOAD3PAUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 SOAD3PAUL
Member since 2005 • 4607 Posts

DarkSlain
xbox 360 is outselling ps3..so stfu noob
kingpin601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 kingpin601
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
You Blu-Ray doubters all fail at life. Bloody retards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheDude6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TheDude6666
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
PS3 will outsell it eventualy.
victor_c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 victor_c26
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

Most of you lot don't get it, the PS3 is a next generation console! It will have Blue-Ray (which xbox 360 hasn't got) and will all be in HD! In fact just stop saying that the xbox 360 will outsell the PS3, be thankful that all console developers are going forward with their technology, at least give the PS3 a chance!

DarkSlain

Not with that price. I won't give any console a chance with that price, no matter how technologically advanced it is. Until I see a $200 price drop, nothing will make me buy a PS3, not even MGS4 or Nippon Ichi SRPG games.
X-chuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 X-chuck
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts

DarkSlain

Is your name Ken Kutaragi or Kazuo Hirai by chance?

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkSlain"]

SOAD3PAUL

xbox 360 is outselling ps3..so stfu noob

and the wii is outselling them both.. all system have to come out be4 anyone can say anything close to that..

kingpin601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kingpin601

Who would want a crappy xbox360 console??? It has a bad history if anyone remembers what happend when they first came out, they all start malfuntioning. Microsoft rushed the console because they were obviously afraid of Sony's plans with the PS3. So far Sony has not released a console that has failed, so there retards.

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
360 is next gen:|
360 has HD too :|
kingpin601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kingpin601

360 is next gen:|
360 has HD too :|omarguy01

No it does not have HD yet!!!

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#123 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
Only people who haven't played an x360 would say it's not HD.
victor_c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 victor_c26
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

Who would want a crappy xbox360 console??? It has a bad history if anyone remembers what happend when they first came out, they all start malfuntioning. Microsoft rushed the console because they were obviously afraid of Sony's plans with the PS3. So far Sony has not released a console that has failed, so there retards.

kingpin601

Oh come on! You can't honestly say that with a straight face.

Sony has a much worse track record for their consoles. The PSX with it's overheating issues, and the PS2 with it's malfunctioning DVD-ROM drive issues. Sony isn't exactly great in the hardware department either.
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#125 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts
"Stop claiming that the xbox 360 will outsell the PS3!!!"

...but it's true.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#126 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

DarkSlain

Seriously..  stop hyping BluRay as a reason to buy the PS3.

BluRay is going to fail and it is one of the major reasons the PS3 is going to fail.

BluRay has about a 20% chance of still being around in three years.  The PS3 will look obsolete when BluRay fails. 

Sony ruined their gaming console to try to corner the market on a media format.

X-chuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 X-chuck
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts

Blu-ray is a bad gimmick for cows to justify the price of the crap Ps3 (talk about the worst launch in history, its coming), and Blu-ray is a reason for Sony to charge the price they do, making people think they are getting something special - oh wait, Blu-ray wasn't special enough, so Sony added a motion sensor to the dual-rehash controller. And Sony talks about what is next-gen and brings out the same controller design with a few new little enhancements that are crap. 

justiceboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#128 justiceboy13
Member since 2004 • 11295 Posts
there are only supposed to be like 20 PS3 launch titles or fewer. That also coincides with a 360 price drop, and the Wii launch, which is looking great.
nybritboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 nybritboy
Member since 2005 • 774 Posts
Im going to bet that within 2 years MS is going to announce that you stream HD movies to 360, and no-one will care about blu ray or HD-DVD
Mordros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Mordros

[QUOTE="omarguy01"]360 is next gen:|
360 has HD too :|kingpin601

No it does not have HD yet!!!

It most certainly does.  Not HD movies, granted, but HD video output nonetheless.
lfc_legend2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lfc_legend2006
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
[QUOTE="Kwazy1981"]

DarkSlain

thats like saying xbox 1 was next gen because it had a hard drive built in, even if MS sells more what do you care? Unless you have a stock option on Sony then just buy whatever you want and enjoy.

Oh thank god someone who agrees with me. As long as you're happy with what you've bought when you've bought it, who the hell cares if other people buy it!
lfc_legend2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lfc_legend2006

All I know is the PS3 has a lot of catching up to do.....and I'm guessing that in these next few months 360 sales will rise now that everyone knows the real PS3 will be $600....which is absolutely out of the price range of gamers of age 18 and under which is the majority. Also now that GTA isn't a PS3 exclusive what is Sony's selling point? That was their selling point with the PS2!!

Toyeboy

The simple answer is, the blu ray disc format. It is a risk but a company like Sony can afford to make it.
I think it is really really unfair to judge the PS3 solely on E3 which is what many are doing, the closer it gets to launch, the better it will look and the more consumers it will attract. I am giving it more time to show me what it's got. I for one was impressed by some of the features that it holds, especially with the psp.
Mordros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Mordros
[QUOTE="lfc_legend2006"] [QUOTE="Kwazy1981"]

DarkSlain

thats like saying xbox 1 was next gen because it had a hard drive built in, even if MS sells more what do you care? Unless you have a stock option on Sony then just buy whatever you want and enjoy.

Oh thank god someone who agrees with me. As long as you're happy with what you've bought when you've bought it, who the hell cares if other people buy it!

If not enough other people buy it the supply of games dries up, so anyone who wants to play games should care if other people buy it.  Also, more people owning the same console as you = more online opponents.
lfc_legend2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lfc_legend2006
[QUOTE="Mordros"] [QUOTE="lfc_legend2006"] [QUOTE="Kwazy1981"]

DarkSlain

If not enough other people buy it the supply of games dries up, so anyone who wants to play games should care if other people buy it. Also, more people owning the same console as you = more online opponents.

Everyone knows for a fact that more than enough people will buy the PS3. Whether it will be more than the Xbox 360 or Wii, you never know. But who cares about that. Approx 13% of gamers got the Xbox, around 9% got Xbox live which produced how many members online?? For the PS3, you'll have a proportion of the massive 60% playstation fanbase to go online and play. You've raised a good point but I think they'll be enough buyers.

PS: Could people be a bit more respectful on these boards, it gets depressing when you read what people say about each others opinions.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

360 has to outsell the PS2 first, never mind the PS3.mave198

Lol i thought that was pretty funny cause its true.

Mordros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Mordros

Everyone knows for a fact that more than enough people will buy the PS3.
lfc_legend2006

No, they don't.  In fact, right now I would say that a majority of people have serious doubts about the viability of the PS3.  Every single poll I've seen since E3 shows that interest in purchasing the PS3 has dropped like a stone.

Check this out - these results from a Japanese poll are quite surprising.  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101215&highlight=Japan

Avatar image for dsturbedspecter
dsturbedspecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 dsturbedspecter
Member since 2005 • 3032 Posts
    seeing how all xbox games are in hd, i don't get what you're saying. are u aware that many middle school kids buy their consoles and with the ps3's price, tag they'll just opt to a 360 if they're not biased
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
ill pay a 1000 u.s for a ps3.
Avatar image for dsturbedspecter
dsturbedspecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 dsturbedspecter
Member since 2005 • 3032 Posts
ill pay a 1000 u.s for a ps3.dcm06
why?
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#141 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

DarkSlain
What does BluRay have to do with gaming at this time? NOTHING thats what!!! Name a game that you know of currently being developed that will need to utilize all of the extra space BluRay would offer?? I mean seriously Oblivion is on one DVD and that game is friggin huge!!! Tell me how many people do you persoanlly know that own a 1080p HDTV! Because you cant take adavntage of BluRay movies with 1080p capabilites. If the PS3 is so godly, why are all of Sonys biggest devs making games for the 360...i.e. Rockstar...Table Tennis and GTA 4, Capcom...Dead Rising, Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet and strong rumors say DMC 4 is 360 bound as well. Heck how long before MGS 4 hit the 360 with extra content? Dude you need to face the fact that the playing field has been leveled and if anything more people will side with the XBOX 360 because of its lower price tag. Until and if the point and time comes that the PS3 is showing that its is undoubtably the superior console, Sony will have a hard time pushing a $600 console on the guy that only wants to play Madden and GTA!!!
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

:P Wheres your arguement now???