Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@arunsunk said:

@The_Last_Ride:

Right...so by that reasoning it should be Microsoft's XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / XBox / XBox 360 / XBox 1 vs. PS2 / PS3 / PSP/ Vita / PS4. You actually want to combine two systems with that logic LOL.

System user base / Company user base. I'd pick the logical one but that is just me.

I hope you truly don't believe that it should be Microsoft's PC/XBox vs Sony Playstation. Because that would be really pathetic.

Whats funny is even if he combines all Sony systems through PSN, it still has less concurrent,total,active than just Steam.

I can only imagine if you include Battle.net, LoL, Origin, etc.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: Console gaming would be a lot healthier if Ubisoft games didn't sell as well on them.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

F**K Steam and Valve Corp! GOG Galaxy is where its at! True DRM-Free gaming is the way PC gaming should go, not giving your money to a fat guy that over promises stuffs and under delivers *cough* Steam Machine *cough*

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#104 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Krelian-co said:
@arunsunk said:

@The_Last_Ride:

Right...so by that reasoning it should be Microsoft's XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / XBox / XBox 360 / XBox 1 vs. PS2 / PS3 / PSP/ Vita / PS4. You actually want to combine two systems with that logic LOL.

System user base / Company user base. I'd pick the logical one but that is just me.

I hope you truly don't believe that it should be Microsoft's PC/XBox vs Sony Playstation. Because that would be really pathetic.

lems have been trying to pull that card for a while now, they are that desperate.

Wait what? I am using the sony system vs pc. An open fucking system vs closed systems that Sony have provided. How is that pathetic? I really don't think people have common sense here sometimes in SW

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 The_Last_Ride

@-God- said:
@arunsunk said:

@The_Last_Ride:

Whats funny is even if he combines all Sony systems through PSN, it still has less concurrent,total,active than just Steam.

Oh god... You don't get it, i am comparing one companies eco system vs another ones...

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 -God-

@The_Last_Ride said:
@-God- said:
@arunsunk said:

@The_Last_Ride:

Oh god... You don't get it, i am comparing one companies eco system vs another ones...

PC Gaming > Sony Gaming

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 The_Last_Ride

@-God- said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

PC Gaming > Sony Gaming

In YOUR opinion...

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By -God-

@The_Last_Ride said:
@-God- said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

PC Gaming > Sony Gaming

In YOUR opinion...

Factually, in relevance to this thread. PSN's total accounts doesn't even approach Steam's mere active accounts.

And then we have Battle.net, LOL, Origin, etc. gamers who aren't as active on Steam. It's not even close.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:
@arunsunk said:

@The_Last_Ride:

lems have been trying to pull that card for a while now, they are that desperate.

Wait what? I am using the sony system vs pc. An open fucking system vs closed systems that Sony have provided. How is that pathetic? I really don't think people have common sense here sometimes in SW

You are using the Sony overall system vs a single PC subsystem. If it is about company then all the subsystems under Microsoft OS equate to the PC user base. If it is about the system then it doesn't matter whether it is open or closed, it is still a system and all the subsystems form the system. Steam is only the front runner and the only time it should be regarded as a complete individual PC system is when Steam-OS is out of beta.

Going by company is what was pathetic as that combines PC and XBox into one entity which makes no sense.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#110 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@-God- said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

PC Gaming > Sony Gaming

In YOUR opinion...

Looking at all your posts trying to discredit this milestone.

Why do you care?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:
@arunsunk said:

@The_Last_Ride:

notice how you use singular when talking about pc and plural when talking about sony? yeah, that's where your "common sense" ends. The fact that is open is just one of the devastating advantages pc have.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 The_Last_Ride

@Krelian-co said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:

notice how you use singular when talking about pc and plural when talking about sony? yeah, that's where your "common sense" ends. The fact that is open is just one of the devastating advantages pc have.

My comparison was Sony vs Valve....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 The_Last_Ride

@illmatic87 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@-God- said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

PC Gaming > Sony Gaming

In YOUR opinion...

Why do you care?

Why is this a milestone? It's YOUR opinion if you prefer one platform over another, that's not fact

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 -God-

@The_Last_Ride said:

Why is this a milestone? It's YOUR opinion if you prefer one platform over another, that's not fact

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Krelian-co

@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:

valve has one platform, sony has several, sound to me you are quite desperate to find a way to join all playstations vs pc, it's like the dumb people trying to mix pc and xbox because "windows is a microsoft platform", how dumb is that, this gen is pc, ps4, xbone and wii u, each is a different single system, dealwithit.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Krelian-co said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:

valve has one platform, sony has several, sound to me you are quite desperate to find a way to join all playstations vs pc, it's like the dumb people trying to mix pc and xbox because "windows is a microsoft platform", how dumb is that, this gen is pc, ps4, xbone and wii u, each is a different single system, dealwithit.

Even if you went by his rules it would still be Valve > Sony.

There's roughly 250 million Steam accounts in existence, and as of three months ago 125 million of them were active.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By illmatic87

@The_Last_Ride said:
@illmatic87 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@-God- said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

PC Gaming > Sony Gaming

In YOUR opinion...

Why do you care?

What the hell are you talking about? I never said anything about preferring any platform in my post? nor did I state any facts about platform superiority. 9 million is the milestone in the source in the OP and is right there in the Steam user statistics.

You sound so insecure with this whole thing. Posting away. like you're desperately trying to convince yourself about something.

Also, you never answered my question of why you even care about all of this. you are spending a whole lot of effort going around this source for some stupid ass reasons.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#118 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

This thread got ugly real fast. lol.

PC and WiiU are the best platforms to play. Otherwise, you're stuck defending those game-less, fad piles of shit the PS4 and XO.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'm here to make up lies to defend my plastic box.....wait, I don't have to do that, I use PC

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

One thing that i don't get is why PSN and XBL doesn't show concurrent user stats.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

So since consoles have more accounts, what's next for PC?

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -God-

@Heil68 said:

So since consoles have more accounts, what's next for PC?

PSN doesn't even have more total accounts than Steam's active accounts...

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

Consolites still trying to convince themselves that gaming industry only revolves around them

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 The_Last_Ride

@nyadc said:
@Krelian-co said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:

There's roughly 250 million Steam accounts in existence, and as of three months ago 125 million of them were active.

Get your facts straight mate...

Link

Again, that is your opinion. Doesn't mean it's fact

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By -God-

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

That's active accounts, not total.

And its now at 125million. http://kotaku.com/there-are-over-125-million-steam-accounts-1687820875

This is what we mean by people not understanding total, active, concurrent. All of which PC has more of.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Consolites still trying to convince themselves that gaming industry only revolves around them

Yep.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 NyaDC

@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:
@Krelian-co said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@Krelian-co said:

Link

I've been a Steam user since it was in beta for Counter-Strike 1.6, when I get home from work I will explain the account generation algorithm and the Unique ID / Steam ID creation to you.

There's roughly 250 million accounts in existence and as of three months ago 125 million are active.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Wow, so many fans for the MOBA rip off genre.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -God-

@Suppaman100 said:

Wow, so many fans for the MOBA rip off genre.

Sure beats being fans of the Movie rip off genre.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#130  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Honestly I really don't care how popular my platform of choice gets, I just hope it doesn't turn into what consoles have become with mass marketed bullshit of AAA games.. Now a days I am finding the niche games by smaller devs far more interesting most of the time because they are actually willing to take risks and specifically target a fanbase rather than trying to mass market their shit.. We really saw this with World of Warcraft, a excellent game at it's release in shaking up many of the MMO formulas, but it also caused a lot of negative things in the genre.. Publishers saw money signs when they saw the once niche market, mmorpg's, get upwards to multi million subscribers from this game.. Than came the flood of many unimaginative mmorpg theme park games, some good ones, that were victims of their own ridiculous expectations.. Before WoW, EQ1 was considered the grand daddy and during its hay day it only had around 500k subscribers (which was seen as huge)..

This led to many ridiculous expectations because these publishers started basing their success around the unrealistic goals of reaching WoW.. Warhammer Online is a huge example of this, it had some great qualities to it, but it didn't meet EA's expectations with subscriber base and they slowly pulled funding from the game from getting anywhere to where it eventually died. I don't want to see this in which a game's success is automatically passed or failed based on an expectation comparison of a leader of the industry.. That is what we are seeing as of late with many of these FPS's for instance that the publisher is pushing to be as successful as CoD instead of trying to make their own game.. Where if it isn't a instant multi million copy seller, it's not worth making all of a sudden.. We saw this with Capcom, completely abandoning the Megaman series, to ruining Resident Evil.. Because these companies for some reason can't have smaller projects with more realistic expectations, it has to be a massive hit or it's just not worth the effort. This is what is going to cause a crash, where devs are hinging massive funds to "safe" developments of games based on the leaders of the market.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 The_Last_Ride

@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:

Link

I've been a Steam user since it was in beta for Counter-Strike 1.6, when I get home from work I will explain the account generation algorithm and the Unique ID / Steam ID creation to you.

There's roughly 250 million accounts in existence and as of three months ago 125 million are active.

I showed my evidence, unless you have some proof of this, i won't believe you and you have nothing to back it up with

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ArunsunK

@The_Last_Ride:

GDC 2015 will mark the 13th anniversary of Valve's first public announcement of Steam, which has since become the leading platform for PC, Mac, and Linux games and software. In the last year, Steam realized the addition of many new services and features - including In-Home Streaming, Broadcasting, Music, and user-created stores - as it grew to over 125 million active accounts worldwide.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/16000/

I'll let NyaDC provide the total account information but it is readily available that steam passed 125 million active accounts a while ago.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By NyaDC

@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:

Link

I showed my evidence, unless you have some proof of this, i won't believe you and you have nothing to back it up with

Steam has Steam ID's and 32 bit unique ID's, your Steam ID is generated by the division of your unique ID. When a Steam account is created you're issued a unique ID which is your actual account creation position in relation to how many accounts were created before yours. For example my unique ID is U:1:15399 as my account was the 15,399th account generated on the platform, my corresponding Steam ID is STEAM_0:1:7699, as you can see below.

The 0:0 or 0:1 in a Steam ID is a direct result of your unique ID being divided by two, 15,399 / 2 = 7699.5, when your unique ID divides in half with a .5 remainder on the end you will be generated a 0:1 ID designation, if it divides evenly you will be parsed a 0:0 designation. Here is an example of that.

U:1:16000 divides evenly to 8,000 and gives this user a Steam ID of 0:0:8000

This user also has a Steam ID which equals 8,000, however as you can see his unique ID is 16,001 which like I said earlier leaves a .5 remainder which nets him a 0:1 to create 0:1:8000

Every Steam ID has a mate, however a small percentage of accounts are created within another universe in the Steam network and do not have a public mate, for example my 0:1:7699 account does not have a 0:0:7699 mate, not public anyways. It was created in one of the 4 other universes which would make it 2:0:7699, 3:0:7699, 4:0:7699 or 5:0:7699, none of these are publicly accessible, they are created by developers or Valve employees. In the universes 1 is simply the new Steam ID format for games created post Left 4 Dead, your account will show up as 1:1 or 1:0, it' simply a newer network but your ID does not actually change in relation to its initial creation, it's still 0:0 or 0:1.

Here are the known universes, there are two others but they are not listed anywhere that is publicly viewable and their numerical identifiers are unknown.

So with that in mind let's get to the point of this entire post shall we, we have established that your unique ID is your actual position in line in terms of account generation, we have established that your Steam ID is the result of that ID being divided by two, we have gone over Steam ID mates, the different universe of accounts and so on an so forth, so where does that leave us?

Well I'll show you, I created a new Steam account 30 minutes ago and ran over the generation information and this is where we are left.

As of 30 minutes ago I was generated the unique ID of U:1:235982049, or in other words, 235,982,049, there are nearly 236 million Steam accounts in existence as of today.

236 MILLION STEAM ACCOUNTS

Can I help you with anything else?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#134 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

Honestly I really don't care how popular my platform of choice gets, I just hope it doesn't turn into what consoles have become with mass marketed bullshit of AAA games.. Now a days I am finding the niche games by smaller devs far more interesting most of the time because they are actually willing to take risks and specifically target a fanbase rather than trying to mass market their shit.. We really saw this with World of Warcraft, a excellent game at it's release in shaking up many of the MMO formulas, but it also caused a lot of negative things in the genre.. Publishers saw money signs when they saw the once niche market, mmorpg's, get upwards to multi million subscribers from this game.. Than came the flood of many unimaginative mmorpg theme park games, some good ones, that were victims of their own ridiculous expectations.. Before WoW, EQ1 was considered the grand daddy and during its hay day it only had around 500k subscribers (which was seen as huge)..

This led to many ridiculous expectations because these publishers started basing their success around the unrealistic goals of reaching WoW.. Warhammer Online is a huge example of this, it had some great qualities to it, but it didn't meet EA's expectations with subscriber base and they slowly pulled funding from the game from getting anywhere to where it eventually died. I don't want to see this in which a game's success is automatically passed or failed based on an expectation comparison of a leader of the industry.. That is what we are seeing as of late with many of these FPS's for instance that the publisher is pushing to be as successful as CoD instead of trying to make their own game.. Where if it isn't a instant multi million copy seller, it's not worth making all of a sudden.. We saw this with Capcom, completely abandoning the Megaman series, to ruining Resident Evil.. Because these companies for some reason can't have smaller projects with more realistic expectations, it has to be a massive hit or it's just not worth the effort. This is what is going to cause a crash, where devs are hinging massive funds to "safe" developments of games based on the leaders of the market.

Post of the year.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#135 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

The only logical explanation is that PC gaming is already dead, and this is just a corpse bloating, ergo inflating its size.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 illmatic87

Eh, I totally forgot.

The Last Ride is the same guy that always makes an anti-steam thread every time a Steam Sale rolls out.

Nothing to see here, folks

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Steam has peasant level prices for games. Some are soo cheap they might as well give it for free. On the other note Origin is still shit

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#138 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

Eh, I totally forgot.

The Last Ride is the same guy that always makes an anti-steam thread every time a Steam Sale rolls out.

Well, to be fair, not like anti-Steam mentality hasn't grown in light of the paid mods controversy.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ArunsunK

@nyadc said:

As of 30 minutes ago I was generated the unique ID of U:1:235982049, or in other words, 235,982,049, there are nearly 236 million Steam accounts in existence as of today.

Lavenders2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Lavenders2001
Member since 2014 • 58 Posts

@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:

Link

Steam has Steam ID's and 32 bit unique ID's, your Steam ID is generated by the division of your unique ID. When a Steam account is created you're issued a unique ID which is your actual account creation position in relation to how many accounts were created before yours. For example my unique ID is U:1:15399 as my account was the 15,399th account generated on the platform, my corresponding Steam ID is STEAM_0:1:7699, as you can see below.

The 0:0 or 0:1 in a Steam ID is a direct result of your unique ID being divided by two, 15,399 / 2 = 7699.5, when your unique ID divides in half with a .5 remainder on the end you will be generated a 0:1 ID designation, if it divides evenly you will be parsed a 0:0 designation. Here is an example of that.

This user also has a Steam ID which equals 8,000, however as you can see his unique ID is 16,001 which like I said earlier leaves a .5 remainder which nets him a 0:1 to create 0:1:8000

Every Steam ID has a mate, however a small percentage of accounts are created within another universe in the Steam network and do not have a public mate, for example my 0:1:7699 account does not have a 0:0:7699 mate, not public anyways. It was created in one of the 4 other universes which would make it 2:0:7699, 3:0:7699, 4:0:7699 or 5:0:7699, none of these are publicly accessible, they are created by developers or Valve employees. In the universes 1 is simply the new Steam ID format for games created post Left 4 Dead, your account will show up as 1:1 or 1:0, it' simply a newer network but your ID does not actually change in relation to its initial creation, it's still 0:0 or 0:1.

Here are the known universes, there are two others but they are not listed anywhere that is publicly viewable and their numerical identifiers are unknown.

So with that in mind let's get to the point of this entire post shall we, we have established that your unique ID is your actual position in line in terms of account generation, we have established that your Steam ID is the result of that ID being divided by two, we have gone over Steam ID mates, the different universe of accounts and so on an so forth, so where does that leave us?

Well I'll show you, I created a new Steam account 30 minutes ago and ran over the generation information and this is where we are left.

I think you may have rekt him a little too hard.
But lets continue a little bit:
Based on this data, we know that there are approximately 236 million steam accounts, 125 million of which were confirmed active early this year.
125/236 = around 53% of steam accounts that have ever been made are still active.
In other words, over half of the accounts ever created in the last 11+ years are still being used today. Unfortunately, I can't prove any ratios for PSN because I can't find any data on how many active accounts there are, and the last time total accounts were counted was around a year ago.
I also wanted to see how many concurrent users were ever online for PSN, but whenever I search that I just get results for Steam. I wouldn't be surprised if the data wasn't released because it wasn't anything special compared to Steam...
I would love it if someone had more data for PSN or even XBL because I would like to see what the retention rate is for the consoles vs PC.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Krelian-co

@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:

Link

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@Krelian-co said:
@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:

Link

No proper research results to ^

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 NyaDC

@anthonyautumns said:

I don't blame the guy for being skeptical, I'm probably one out of a few thousand people tops that actually knows about that stuff.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@mr_huggles_dog: Console gaming would be a lot healthier if Ubisoft games didn't sell as well on them.

underrated post

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 The_Last_Ride

@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Alright fair enough, you had evidence to back it up

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 The_Last_Ride

@illmatic87 said:

Eh, I totally forgot.

Wrong. Steam doesn't give refunds and the service got an F in costumer service by the BBB. It's a shitty service imho

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 NyaDC

@The_Last_Ride said:
@illmatic87 said:

Eh, I totally forgot.

Wrong. Steam doesn't give refunds and the service got an F in costumer service by the BBB. It's a shitty service imho

Steam gives out refunds in the event of product failure, in other words a game that doesn't work, work properly or is extremely bugged. Why would they give out refunds because you changed your mind? That's stupid, you also agree to their terms of service outlined in the SSA so even asking for a refund is stupid, getting pissed at them for not refunding you is stupid, you agreed to their terms so if you buy a game and seek a refund if the game is not broken you're a fucking moron...

Do you know how many good businesses have F ratings on the BBB? Thousands... It's not hard to get an F rating and the Better Business Bureau doesn't mean shit, also Valve's rating is mostly based upon their customer service system and lack of issuing refunds... Ironically over the last 12 years I've been on Steam I've not had a single issue that support did not handle in a relatively timely manner.

So why exactly is the service shitty?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 The_Last_Ride

@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@illmatic87 said:

Eh, I totally forgot.

Steam gives out refunds in the event of product failure, in other words a game that doesn't work, work properly or is extremely bugged. Why would they give out refunds because you changed your mind? That's stupid, you also agree to their terms of service outlined in the SSA so even asking for a refund is stupid, getting pissed at them for not refunding you is stupid, you agreed to their terms so if you buy a game and seek a refund if the game is not broken you're a fucking moron...

Do you know how many good businesses have F ratings on the BBB? Thousands... It's not hard to get an F rating and the Better Business Bureau doesn't mean shit, also Valve's rating is mostly based upon their customer service system and lack of issuing refunds... Ironically over the last 12 years I've been on Steam I've not had a single issue that support did not handle in a relatively timely manner.

No, they do not give refunds. Hell Origin is better giving you a refund even after downloading the game within 24 hours. Valve doesn't do that. They even violated European law by doing that and had to fix it. Attack my argument and don't result to ad hominems...

There 2000 complaints about them, they're irrelevant? They even acknowledged that themselves

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By NyaDC
@The_Last_Ride said:
@nyadc said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@illmatic87 said:

Eh, I totally forgot.

No, they do not give refunds. Hell Origin is better giving you a refund even after downloading the game within 24 hours. Valve doesn't do that. They even violated European law by doing that and had to fix it. Attack my argument and don't result to ad hominems...

There 2000 complaints about them, they're irrelevant? They even acknowledged that themselves

Yes they absolutely do, if there are widespread issues with a game and it will not function properly for you they will issue a refund if requested, that is the only event they will ever oblige one, the most recent example of this was Grand Theft Auto V. Valve does not have to issue refunds to EU Steam users, as an American company they have found a loophole which allows them the right to inform EU users that a game sale is FINAL, if they agree to it and go forward with the purchase they waive their rights entirely as they were expressly warned and agreed to this binding contract. That does not make Valve a bad company, that makes them a smart business who is covering their own ass.

Yes the BBB is irrelevant, do you see their complaints doing anything other than just being listed on a website? No, because they can't do anything.

So again I have to ask, how is Steam a bad service?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

So this thread has gone from the amount of concurrent user to amount of active users and now its about steam customer service? WTF.

And the amount of butthurtness and rekt is too damn high on this thread.