Star Ocean 4 Internationl ( PS3 ) Hype Thread! and First Review!!

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
[QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

GS isn't the only site that gave WKC a bad review. And I find it strange how you seem to think the 360's JRPG lineup is mediocre, but then you hype year old ports from the 360, and badly scoring PS3 JRPGs. I've always wondered what you base your assumption that the 360's JRPGs are mediocre upon....comeonthehoops

Please tell me where have i ever said anything about 360's JRPG's?? show me where have i ever said JRPG's there are medicore?? show me proof right now.. i never even talk about the games on the 360 mainly because i dont own the system so i have never said any JRPG is medcore on 360 i dont talk about games on systems i dont own so again i never said anything bad about the games on 360 :)

final dont bother with them.. a bunch of jealous lems with no exclusive yet to be seen on their system :lol:

360 owners dont have exclusives? :S
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#102 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="reaver-x"]its gamespot they will not give this an 8.0 regardless of what it offers. we all learned that the hard way from WKC. Ill never trust this site againStevo_the_gamer

Couldnt agree more, i can now officially say after playing WKC for almost 4 hours that GS dosnet know how to score, after playing the game WKC deserves an 8.0 and higher.. i dont trust this site anymore.. never did with site or anyone when it comes to JRPG's. if anyone not sure about WKC its an amazing game. you'll know when u get to try it out yourself

Well, you also think Infamous, LBP, Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank deserve AAAA so... are you sure GAMESPOT is the one who doesn't know how to score? :P

can you be less fanboy stevo, urPS3 hateis beoming more apparant.

infanous isn't AAA material tho, but it's a solid AA.

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Im not talking about other games, each game you just mentioned deserves the currect score but when it comes to WKC i think it wasnt fair at all.. again after putting many hours on the game yesterday i cant agree with the score.. it has great animation, great voice acting, story is just intresting, graphics are great, battle system was new and really easy to learn.. you wont know unless you try it out yourself.. people shpuldnt limit their selfs with what one guy think about a game.. the game is for you to decide.. anyways im just glad that a lot of people got the game day 1.. there were exactly over 45 people playing the game yesterday on my friends list including myself.. GS seem to only know how to score shooters

finalstar2007

GS isn't the only site that gave WKC a bad review. And I find it strange how you seem to think the 360's JRPG lineup is mediocre, but then you hype year old ports from the 360, and badly scoring PS3 JRPGs. I've always wondered what you base your assumption that the 360's JRPGs are mediocre upon....

Please tell me where have i ever said anything about 360's JRPG's?? show me where have i ever said JRPG's there are medicore?? show me proof right now.. i never even talk about the games on the 360 mainly because i dont own the system so i have never said any JRPG is medcore on 360 i dont talk about games on systems i dont own so again i never said anything bad about the games on 360 :)

I'm sure I've seen people suggest that you buy a 360 because some believe it has a better JRPG lineup, but you've responded by telling them that it isn't worth it for what you believe to be a mediocre lineup. But maybe I have you mistaken. I'm not saying you're a fanboy or anything, but I do find it strange that a huge JRPG fan would be hyped for titles like WKC, but wouldn't buy a 360 for titles like Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. But hey, each to their own :P
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"] GS isn't the only site that gave WKC a bad review. And I find it strange how you seem to think the 360's JRPG lineup is mediocre, but then you hype year old ports from the 360, and badly scoring PS3 JRPGs. I've always wondered what you base your assumption that the 360's JRPGs are mediocre upon....comeonthehoops

I'm sure I've seen people suggest that you buy a 360 because some believe it has a better JRPG lineup, but you've responded by telling them that it isn't worth it for what you believe to be a mediocre lineup. But maybe I have you mistaken. I'm not saying you're a fanboy or anything, but I do find it strange that a huge JRPG fan would be hyped for titles like WKC, but wouldn't buy a 360 for titles like Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. But hey, each to their own :P

Nope i neevr said medicore man.. dont accuse me for something i didn't say :cry: .. lol.. well the reason i havent because ps3 is getting the same games with extra content and i can pretty much have all multiplats so thats mainly why... WKC is a great game.. at least rent it and you'll see.. it has this old school RPG type in it which i like a lot... ToV is already on ps3 so if it comes i'll get it if not then oh well :P its namco's fault for not wanting to get more money.. Lost Odyssey look good but i cant pay almost $350 for one game :P

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
It's too bad I picked up the 360 version a year ago, I would kill for the Japanese audio track as some of the english voice actors are gastly at best.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#106 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Unless something really makes it THAT much better, guaranteed 7 to 7.5 range.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

It'll probably get an 8.0 due to the extra time being worked on it to add improvement and a few extras. Not going to be that different from the 360 version. If you own the 360 version, there's really no need to get this. I hope they make a Valkyria Chronicles collectors edition for the 360 with VC 1 & 2 on it. Bring this out at the end of the year or even next year, and I'd get it. Microsoft should have bought out SEGA when they were making all those games for the original XBox. If RARE doesn't produce anything worthwhile this year (PDZ2, Killer Instinct 3, Conker 3, Kameo 2, new IP) M$ needs to dump them and acquire some other companies. I heard EA was up for auction. Even Rockstar would be good. If they aren't going to go that route, expand their studio with sports, RPG, racing and fighting games. I'd like to see another MechAssault, RallySport, Links and Crimson Skies game. Those were good series. They could make a new basketball and baseball game.

Oh yeah.. Star Ocean. :lol: If you don't have it and own both PS3 and 360, get the PS3 version.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 finalstar2007

So 2 updates 1 the games first review by 1UP giving it a B

launch pics ( viwed on the first post )

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

If they've fixed how the characters look like dolls, I'll consider it. Uncanny Valley did a number on this game.

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 fire-dragon-90
Member since 2009 • 700 Posts

They scored it higher for the PS3 version which is good. Gamespot possibily will score it a 0.5 higher

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 finalstar2007

If they've fixed how the characters look like dolls, I'll consider it. Uncanny Valley did a number on this game.

felipebo

Hmm i dont think that will be changed but with the ps3 version you dont have to see them in CGI during the menu's as you'll eb able to switch to anime :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 finalstar2007

They scored it higher for the PS3 version which is good. Gamespot possibily will score it a 0.5 higher

fire-dragon-90

Correct!.. im kinda sure it will be scored a little higher but will see.. a couple more days to go

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="felipebo"]

finalstar2007

Hmm i dont think that will be changed but with the ps3 version you dont have to see them in CGI during the menu's as you'll eb able to switch to anime :P

that was also in the japanese 360 version of the game:P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="felipebo"]

lawlessx

that was also in the japanese 360 version of the game:P

Yup but it wasnt on the NA version :P.. ps3 version gets both :o

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

They should include the Japanese audio as DLC for the 360 version. =/

HaxxySax_7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 HaxxySax_7777
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
This games was utter crap the first time it was released. What could possibly change?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 finalstar2007

This games was utter crap the first time it was released. What could possibly change?HaxxySax_7777

• Improved Gameplay
  • Slightly Improved graphics
  • A whole new layout for the menu, setup and battle system
  • The ability to switch from Anime and CGI
  • Daul Audio Japanese and English
  • 6 diffrent languages
  • New characters
  • Some kind of connection between SO4 ps3 and SO1/SO2 PSP
  • co-op
  • 1 Disk
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#120 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

Any reason why GameSpot hasn't reviewed the game? Because PS3 would most certainly get another AA out of it.