Star Ocean 4 Internationl ( PS3 ) Hype Thread! and First Review!!

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#52 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Star Ocean 4 is like Mass Effect if done by Disney and Mattel

You have your own star ship is Star Ocean, where you can interact with you crew between missions, kind of like Mass effect. If you talk to lymle I think you get some cool sidequest for lollipops

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

You have your own star ship is Star Ocean, where you can interact with you crew between missions, kind of like Mass effect.

Supabul

You mean kingdom hearts?Also I can guarentee you Star ocean had a similar format far before ME.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#54 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

My hype is.... The same score as the 360 version :P

clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]I dont get your excitement TC.the-obiwan
my friend final always hype every jrpg that is on ps3 :P but hes a good guy xD

Ah right. Ive played the 360 version and its pretty mediocre.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

hah you finally made the thread! you should know that this "improved gameplay" is really just a targetting system..something the 360 version lacked. They are also including co-op in the ps3 version

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#58 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Too bad that the improvements don't make up for the one year gap. 7.5

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

You have your own star ship is Star Ocean, where you can interact with you crew between missions, kind of like Mass effect.

Animal-Mother

You mean kingdom hearts?Also I can guarentee you Star ocean had a similar format far before ME.

This is the first game where you actually get to fly your own ship and go to different planets. In all the older Star Oceans, you start in a ship, crash, and stay on some backwater planet for 80% of the game, which IMO, was pretty lame. If only SO4 had a better script and VAs, along with not so anime-ish character archetypes and more dungeons, it definitely would have been one of the defining RPGs of this gen.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

6.0-7.5, I played the original 360 version. I didn't find the game to be good in most cases.

Rai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Rai
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts

What's this about PSP connectivity?

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Umm, Finalstar, Im pretty sure there is no PSP connectivity between The Last Hope PS3 and the PSP games. There are CONNECTIONS the games have though.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#63 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Whatever the 360 got. Only good thing about that game was the battle system. I could not stand the characters, voice acting, and especially the story.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#64 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]7.5, just like the Xbox 360 version.yokofox33

Yep. I think so too. At least it will be better than WKC though.

Still devastated with how hard it is flopping.

Have you or the other people actually played wkc? I have it and its great!! Remember people unless you played the game reveiws are just opinions look at the ratchet tools of destruction reviews... or hell Legend of Dragoon.. One of the Best RPGs from the PS1 era , my personal favorite got a 6.0 here just like WKC.... so there you go.. Just saying you guys play system wars too much and not enough games. I even had someone tell me to skip wkc because it flopped and go buy me2 on the pc... I don't listen to people who haven't actually played the game. There have been a lot of games mostly jrpgs that got stoned on this site and I loved them. Crimson Gem saga on PSp is another example. Same with Sacred 2 fallen Angel.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Animal-Mother

Too bad that the improvements don't make up for the one year gap. 7.5

2-10-08
You have the game?
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

xionvalkyrie

This is the first game where you actually get to fly your own ship and go to different planets. In all the older Star Oceans, you start in a ship, crash, and stay on some backwater planet for 80% of the game, which IMO, was pretty lame. If only SO4 had a better script and VAs, along with not so anime-ish character archetypes and more dungeons, it definitely would have been one of the defining RPGs of this gen.

I never said you could do that. I never said it was better than ME If anything star ocean is an OK series, nothing spectacular. Just something to feed the hunger.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#67 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]I think that it will score like an 8; anyways, I don't care the score of the game, as soon as I get the money I'll buy this one. Need a RPG soon for my ps3. hayato_

There White Knight Chronicles :P its already out.. i actually got it today.. and its an amazing game from what i played.. going to focus on getting a plat on it :P

Good, I don't feel like the only one on system wars that bought it lol

Oh and im going with 8.0 . I heard they made some graphical changes to the game as well. If true im going with 8.0.

I bought WKC and love it so far... Screw the GS score... GS also gave my favorite rpg Legend of Dragoon from PS1 (also a Sony published jrpg btw..hmm) a 6.0...which i was shocked to hell when i seen that. WKC is fine people aren't playing it on here because they think GS is god... Make your own mids up people , at least rent it if you like jrpgs!!! I already have SO4i and Last REbellion payed for. Yeah LAst rebellion i can see the bad score and the bashers already ("uhhh that's not next gen" crap that graphic peeps say).
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]7.5, just like the Xbox 360 version.Midnightshade29

Have you or the other people actually played wkc? I have it and its great!! Remember people unless you played the game reveiws are just opinions look at the ratchet tools of destruction reviews... or hell Legend of Dragoon.. One of the Best RPGs from the PS1 era , my personal favorite got a 6.0 here just like WKC.... so there you go.. Just saying you guys play system wars too much and not enough games. I even had someone tell me to skip wkc because it flopped and go buy me2 on the pc... I don't listen to people who haven't actually played the game. There have been a lot of games mostly jrpgs that got stoned on this site and I loved them. Crimson Gem saga on PSp is another example. Same with Sacred 2 fallen Angel.

Im playing WKC right now and I agree with GameSpot, SO4 is better than WKC.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Shirokishi_

I think this is gonna be a hit or miss game tbh (WKC). Wish me luck, im about to go in later after Nip/Tuck, but So4 seems to be the better game I guess, well scorewise.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"] Have you or the other people actually played wkc? I have it and its great!! Remember people unless you played the game reveiws are just opinions look at the ratchet tools of destruction reviews... or hell Legend of Dragoon.. One of the Best RPGs from the PS1 era , my personal favorite got a 6.0 here just like WKC.... so there you go.. Just saying you guys play system wars too much and not enough games. I even had someone tell me to skip wkc because it flopped and go buy me2 on the pc... I don't listen to people who haven't actually played the game. There have been a lot of games mostly jrpgs that got stoned on this site and I loved them. Crimson Gem saga on PSp is another example. Same with Sacred 2 fallen Angel. hayato_

I think this is gonna be a hit or miss game tbh (WKC). Wish me luck, im about to go in later after Nip/Tuck, but So4 seems to be the better game I guess, well scorewise.

Its not a bad game (Just not as good as SO4), if youve been anticipating it and like JRPGs youll have fun with this game, I know I am. Just dont expet an all around AA game because this is honestly a seriously lacking JRPG.

Have fun and good luck ;)

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#71 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Either 7.0 or 7.5

If it's an 8.0, I'll buy it.:P (jk, Heavy Rain firstXD)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]7.5, just like the Xbox 360 version.yokofox33

Ok i guess now.. i can understand the lower score for WKC... first thing i got to notice was the slow save.. it could take up to 40 seconds just to save but its not really that big of a deal.. i still have yet to find anything.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 finalstar2007

who gave a 10 to the poll? im just curious i really wanna know.the-obiwan

For sure not me :P.. i picked AA.. im so sure it will make it to 8.0.. dual audio alone counts.. and not having to swipe disks also counts :P.. will see..time to go back to WKC

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 finalstar2007

Why isnt there an option lower than 7/A. Imo it will score lower since the game has huge flaws + its 1 year old.

WinnerByTKO

I actually thought about adding a 6.0 but then after seeing the 360 scored a 7.5 i thought there's just no way for this to score lower + extra content it has to be an 8.0.. at least a 0.5 more

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 finalstar2007

hah you finally made the thread! you should know that this "improved gameplay" is really just a targetting system..something the 360 version lacked. They are also including co-op in the ps3 version

lawlessx

Yup lol :P.. wait you sure about the co-op? i dont remember reading that but guess will add it.. having co-op sounds intresting

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 finalstar2007

Umm, Finalstar, Im pretty sure there is no PSP connectivity between The Last Hope PS3 and the PSP games. There are CONNECTIONS the games have though.

Shirokishi_

I read that i think a couple of months ago that it has some kind of connectivity with the psp games.. u know i'll just edit the post and say connections between SO4 ps3 and PSP

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
going to say AA and lease the box art for star ocean 4 for ps3 better looking than 360 version
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#78 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

now that the game is coming to PS3 with more content and better looking what score do you think GS will give it?? i see there's no way for them to give it the same score.finalstar2007
Given the time gap it'll probably get the same score. Just like Eternal Sonata.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
its gamespot they will not give this an 8.0 regardless of what it offers. we all learned that the hard way from WKC. Ill never trust this site again
tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80 tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
i didn't even finish disc 1 and i loved Star Ocean 2 to death. Tale of Vesparia is a much better game.
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

I will say, if you didn't have a chance to play the 360 version that it is a great game, I had a lot of fun with it, I'm thinking about picking it up again depending on the extras.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 finalstar2007

its gamespot they will not give this an 8.0 regardless of what it offers. we all learned that the hard way from WKC. Ill never trust this site againreaver-x

Couldnt agree more, i can now officially say after playing WKC for almost 4 hours that GS dosnet know how to score, after playing the game WKC deserves an 8.0 and higher.. i dont trust this site anymore.. never did with any site or anyone when it comes to JRPG's. if anyone not sure about WKC its an amazing game. you'll know when u get to try it out yourself

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#84 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49600 Posts

[QUOTE="reaver-x"]its gamespot they will not give this an 8.0 regardless of what it offers. we all learned that the hard way from WKC. Ill never trust this site againfinalstar2007

Couldnt agree more, i can now officially say after playing WKC for almost 4 hours that GS dosnet know how to score, after playing the game WKC deserves an 8.0 and higher.. i dont trust this site anymore.. never did with any site or anyone when it comes to JRPG's. if anyone not sure about WKC its an amazing game. you'll know when u get to try it out yourself

Well, you also think Infamous, LBP, Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank deserve AAAA so... are you sure GAMESPOT is the one who doesn't know how to score? :P
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="reaver-x"]its gamespot they will not give this an 8.0 regardless of what it offers. we all learned that the hard way from WKC. Ill never trust this site againStevo_the_gamer

Well, you also think Infamous, LBP, Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank deserve AAAA so... are you sure GAMESPOT is the one who doesn't know how to score? :P

Im not talking about other games, each game you just mentioned deserves the currect score but when it comes to WKC i think it wasnt fair at all.. again after putting many hours on the game yesterday i cant agree with the score.. it has great animation, great voice acting, story is just intresting, graphics are great, battle system was new and really easy to learn.. you wont know unless you try it out yourself.. people shpuldnt limit their selfs with what one guy think about a game.. the game is for you to decide.. anyways im just glad that a lot of people got the game day 1.. there were exactly over 45 people playing the game yesterday on my friends list including myself.. GS seem to only know how to score shooters

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#86 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49600 Posts

Im not talking about other games, each game you just mentioned deserves the currect score but when it comes to WKC i think it wasnt fair at all.. again after putting many hours on the game yesterday i cant agree with the score.. it has great animation, great voice acting, story is just intresting, graphics are great, battle system was new and really easy to learn.. you wont know unless you try it out yourself.. people shpuldnt limit their selfs with what one guy think about a game.. the game is for you to decide.. anyways im just glad that a lot of people got the game day 1.. there were exactly over 45 people playing the game yesterday on my friends list including myself..

GS seem to only know how to score shooters

finalstar2007

I'm just saying that it's ironic that YOU'RE the one who's accusing Gamespot of not being able to score properly, but you then -- under your own ratings -- showcase the games I said earlier getting AAAA. :P

And that last part... come on. You can't be serious. :?

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I'm so glad this game is coming to the PS3.

When Microsoft announced this as an 360 exclusive I wanted to kick down Sony HQs door and scream "What the hell are you doing Sony?"

methinksyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 methinksyou
Member since 2010 • 393 Posts
Will score better no doubt the question is how much. I'm betting 8.Odrec
At least 8 or gamespot is biased, since this version is much better ;)
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

I love this game , alot more than i thought i would. Its going to score 7.5 here.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
First AAAE this year :P
Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
7.5 or 8.
Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Im not talking about other games, each game you just mentioned deserves the currect score but when it comes to WKC i think it wasnt fair at all.. again after putting many hours on the game yesterday i cant agree with the score.. it has great animation, great voice acting, story is just intresting, graphics are great, battle system was new and really easy to learn.. you wont know unless you try it out yourself.. people shpuldnt limit their selfs with what one guy think about a game.. the game is for you to decide.. anyways im just glad that a lot of people got the game day 1.. there were exactly over 45 people playing the game yesterday on my friends list including myself.. GS seem to only know how to score shooters

GS isn't the only site that gave WKC a bad review. And I find it strange how you seem to think the 360's JRPG lineup is mediocre, but then you hype year old ports from the 360, and badly scoring PS3 JRPGs. I've always wondered what you base your assumption that the 360's JRPGs are mediocre upon....
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
I've always wondered what you base your assumption that the 360's JRPGs are mediocre upon....comeonthehoops
He's a massive cow..
Wolf_BladeGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Wolf_BladeGX
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

Japanese dubbing. if nothing else, that fact will bring it up to 8. Not having to suffer the horrible english voice acting will be a boon.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Well, you also think Infamous, LBP, Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank deserve AAAA so... are you sure GAMESPOT is the one who doesn't know how to score? :Pcomeonthehoops

GS isn't the only site that gave WKC a bad review. And I find it strange how you seem to think the 360's JRPG lineup is mediocre, but then you hype year old ports from the 360, and badly scoring PS3 JRPGs. I've always wondered what you base your assumption that the 360's JRPGs are mediocre upon....

All WKC reviews

GT 7.6/10

Eurogamer 8/10

GS 6/10

IGN 5.1/10

Gamezone 8/10

game informer 7.25/10

Game revolution B-

POM UK 8/10

Well and from all people who tried the game seems its more like a 7/10 game but GS and IGN were very harsh in reviewing it.

SolidSiems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SolidSiems
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

Dull characters, bad voice acting = 7 or less in my book.

Star Ocean on the psp was terrible, expecting nothing more from this.

No hype, no sale.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Well, you also think Infamous, LBP, Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank deserve AAAA so... are you sure GAMESPOT is the one who doesn't know how to score? :Pcomeonthehoops

Please tell me where have i ever said anything about 360's JRPG's?? show me where have i ever said JRPG's there are medicore?? show me proof right now.. i never even talk about the games on the 360 mainly because i dont own the system so i have never said any JRPG is medcore on 360 i dont talk about games on systems i dont own so again i never said anything bad about the games on 360 :)

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 fire-dragon-90
Member since 2009 • 700 Posts

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Please tell me where have i ever said anything about 360's JRPG's?? show me where have i ever said JRPG's there are medicore?? show me proof right now.. i never even talk about the games on the 360 mainly because i dont own the system so i have never said any JRPG is medcore on 360 i dont talk about games on systems i dont own so again i never said anything bad about the games on 360 :)

final dont bother with them.. a bunch of jealous lems with no exclusive yet to be seen on their system :lol:

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

why did they change the cover? the other one was so...BADASS.