Star Citizen new FPS looks damn smooth

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

https://fpdl.vimeocdn.com/vimeo-prod-skyfire-std-us/01/1494/7/182473899/599017693.mp4?token=57dc48e5_0x87218586fb233bf1a4c1965c291c82b65e4c077b

Star Marine here we come

Junky-trunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Junky-trunk
Member since 2016 • 228 Posts

Meh..... No Man's Sky clone with an outdated CryEngine

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@junky-trunk said:

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@junky-trunk said:

What no scam or vapourware claims? Come on you can do better than that.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts
Loading Video...

There you go!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Does nothing for me, looks so bland.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59119 Posts

Will be cautiously optimistic in expecting this game to be a travesty.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GarGx1

@uninspiredcup said:

Hope you don't mind being disappointed because it's all starting to come together very nicely.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Holy shit. This looks better than actual shooters even. Remember when shooting segments were glitchy and people acted as if it is going to remain like that forever? Trolls gonna troll I guess.

The most impressive thing to keep in mind here is, both third and first person views are using same animations. So, if you are watching other player through your eyes in the game, pulling those moves, it'll still look realistic without affecting responsiveness of that player's controls.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cloud_imperium

@GarGx1 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Hope you don't mind being disappointed because it's all starting to come together very nicely.

Have to say I'm blown away by this demo. They finally did it man. The thing that no one else could do (even though many tried). The combined first and third person animations without affecting responsiveness of controls. Look at that full body movement. Absolutely stunning.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#11 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Buttery.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

So when is this game releasing?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GarGx1

@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Have to say I'm blown away by this demo. They finally did it man. The thing that no one else could do (even though many tried). The combined first and third person animations without affecting responsiveness of controls. Look at that full body movement. Absolutely stunning.

There's been so many things we have been told C.I.G. would never be able to do but with every update the alpha gets the more the haters and fail wishers are losing their voice. They are even pushing out features that were never going to be in the game for launch, such as the planetary landings coming with patch 3.0.

Star Marine is looking like it will be a great add on to the alpha.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GarGx1

@chikenfriedrice said:

It's strange that the only people I see that seem to be concerned by a release date are non backers. Weird that.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cloud_imperium

@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

There's been so many things we have been told C.I.G. would never be able to do but with every update the alpha gets the more the haters and fail wishers are losing their voice. They are even pushing out features that were never going to be in the game for launch, such as the planetary landings coming with patch 3.0.

Yeah, I never doubted Chris and his world class team. Sure from time to time I move away for couple of months and don't follow the project, but I never stopped believing them and every time when something good shows up, it makes me excited. This FPS demo looked better than my expectations. They are making something very special Squadron 42 and Persistent Universe.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Hopefully they can fix the alpha servers so we can actually get higher than 15-20fps in the PU. It's kinda hard to have fun with FPS elements when the framerates are so atrocious for most people.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

C all us back when the PU is ready. Already tons of FPS to play, I want spaceships.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chikenfriedrice

@GarGx1 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

It's strange that the only people I see that seem to be concerned by a release date are non backers. Weird that.

I am just wondering because I have heard about this game for years it seems....and no I will never fund a game.

Seems like backers are easy to jump on the defense over a simple question.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@flipclic said:
Loading Video...

There you go!

Was only apprehensive about gunplay, which now i'm sold on that too.

This is simply awesome! buttery smooth.

The game is shaping up to be a masterpiece.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mjorh

@GarGx1 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Let'em keep hating.

i have no doubt that the final product will be great.

To all haters :P

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GarGx1

@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

Yeah, I never doubted Chris and his world class team. Sure from time to time I move away for couple of months and don't follow the project, but I never stopped believing them and every time when something good shows up, it makes me excited. This FPS demo looked better than my expectations. They are making something very special Squadron 42 and Persistent Universe.

generally I pop on after each patch to see what's changed or if I want to show a mate the game. I don't want to get bored before it comes out :)

The only thing I've ever thought "shut up and stop talking" is in the early development days when Chris came out with launch target dates. Right from the off, when he came out with the two year thing, if I could have spoken to him directly I'd have said "STFU! When have you ever met a launch target date for anything? I'll bet your kids were even over due". He's a micromanaging perfectionist, not something that makes for accurate targets especially when there's no publisher sitting on his shoulder. Not once have I thought that C.I.G. will not deliver the goods though, it's just a matter of time until they get it up to the boss's standards. As long as we keep getting updates and can see actual improvements, I'm happy to wait.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

It looks good. but unfortunately it will never coming out anytime soon. if we are lucy. it will be in 2025.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chikenfriedrice

@mjorh said:
@GarGx1 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Let'em keep hating.

Lol...I am not hating! The graphics look amazing, I am wondering when the game releases. You are playing defense against no offense.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

October 9 can't come soon enough, SQ42 ♡♡

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cloud_imperium

@chikenfriedrice said:
@mjorh said:
@GarGx1 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Let'em keep hating.

Lol...I am not hating! The graphics look amazing, I am wondering when the game releases. You are playing defense against no offense.

Squadron 42 (Single Player Standalone game) will probably release early next year. It was scheduled to release later this year but minor delay is to be expected. Persistent Universe will probably release 1.5-2 years after that but mini PU will go online later this year, which means a lot of features will and first star system will be available. After that it'll be just matter of adding more content and polishing the game. Hope this helps.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chikenfriedrice

@Cloud_imperium: Thank you very much for the info, I will keep my eye out for Squadron 42

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_imperium

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Cloud_imperium: Thank you very much for the info, I will keep my eye out for Squadron 42

They will share more info about Squadron 42 and showcase new footage at their Citizen Con event on October 9. So visit SW for livestream thread if you are interested.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mjorh

@chikenfriedrice said:
@mjorh said:
@GarGx1 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Let'em keep hating.

My statement was in general, not to you specifically.

Yeah you don't strike me as the usual suspects :D , alright you ain't hater.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Cant wait for SQ42.

I wonder what final system requirements going to be. I hope you can buy else where apart from there store too.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GarGx1

@chikenfriedrice said:
@GarGx1 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

I am just wondering because I have heard about this game for years it seems....and no I will never fund a game.

Seems like backers are easy to jump on the defense over a simple question.

If you want a serious answer to this, that's fine but I'm sure your well aware it's one of the normal "lol, this game will never release" responses.

The simple answer is, it doesn't have one (you know that already). What the backer community is expecting though is Squadron 42 Q1 or Q2 next year and Star Citizen (if we're really lucky) end of 2017 but more likely Q1 or Q2 2018. not that it matters because it is perfectly playable right now and getting better on a near monthly basis. Some people like @quadknight seem to have frame rate issues but I see that posted more here than on the RSi forums.

The reason the last 4 years (3 years and 7 months of actual development) seems like you've been hearing about it forever is down to one simple fact. It's quite possibly the most open development process, published or crowd funded, any game has ever had. Those of us who have followed the game since the start have watched it go from a vague single page website to a functioning permanent alpha that is regularly updated with fixes and new content. Most games are in development for a couple of years before we even know about them and then it's several years before they launch and we hear nothing in the interim.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Beautiful.

Now if only I could run the Persistent Universe at 60 FPS.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

They will share more info about Squadron 42 and showcase new footage at their Citizen Con event on October 9. So visit SW for livestream thread if you are interested.

most likely they will show sneek peek what they are doing behind studio like we care about them instead of proper footage.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Looks impressive indeed. This has potential to rival some dedicated shooters tbh. Now lets hope 3.0 will give us the framerate to match these new animations. I'll play 3.0 regardless but some nice framerate is always appreciated ofc.

On a sidenote, can't wait for Citizencon. I hope they'll finally give us a release date for SQ42, at least something less vague than a year. Just 3 more weeks...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#34  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Cloud_imperium:

Bethesda should take note from these guys. Then we'll finally have some smooth character animations in Fallout and Skyrim. Hope Star Citizen does well in the market!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Must admit I'm pleasantly surprised. SP is not the challenge though, getting this to work in the PU is all that matters in my mind.

What this doesn't explain to many people saying "whats so special" this FPS has unified 1st /3rd person animations... no cheating animations, no being clipped out of sight like 99% of multiplayer shooters, the only other game to do this (to any success) is ARMA series... yet theirs is considerably more clunky.... this is now butter smooth, for a First Person MMO, this is big... everything the other characters do you see, and looks more believable than past games... no players holding floating objects etc.... animations that look CLOSE to that of A.I (more believable).

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Looking better and better every month

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@ghosts4ever said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

most likely they will show sneek peek what they are doing behind studio like we care about them instead of proper footage.

Stop being so toxic. Last year they showcased over 15 minutes of footage. This year they will probably do the same. Now please don't say they didn't show anything and just showed story parts because that's what Squadron 42 is all about. We already know how rest of the game plays, as you can see from the video above.

Sure it would be nice if they showed in game objectives or scripted events or whatever but don't say they'll just show "sneak peek" because that's just not true. CIG has shared more info than any other dev out there. Sure this is not your type of game because you expected it to be a full blown shooter instead of being a Space Sim primarily, but that's not a good reason to start hating it and post same thing over and over again.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium: I don't care how hard they are working, how many Hollywood actors they hire, etc

I care about proper footage that I have been waiting for 2 years. I'm not expecting it to be full blown shooter. Just space sim/fps hybrid. I'm huge fan of sci fi space.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:

Must admit I'm pleasantly surprised. SP is not the challenge though, getting this to work in the PU is all that matters in my mind.

What this doesn't explain to many people saying "whats so special" this FPS has unified 1st /3rd person animations... no cheating animations, no being clipped out of sight like 99% of multiplayer shooters, the only other game to do this (to any success) is ARMA series... yet theirs is considerably more clunky.... this is now butter smooth, for a First Person MMO, this is big... everything the other characters do you see, and looks more believable than past games... no players holding floating objects etc.... animations that look CLOSE to that of A.I (more believable).

I honestly thought they were gonna have to go back to basics and forget the 1st/3rd person animations.

glad to see they pulled it off

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@junky-trunk said:

right..because..engines don't get updates at all.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cloud_imperium

@ghosts4ever said:

@Cloud_imperium: I don't care how hard they are working, how many Hollywood actors they hire, etc

I care about proper footage that I have been waiting for 2 years. I'm not expecting it to be full blown shooter. Just space sim/fps hybrid. I'm huge fan of sci fi space.

Yeah, as I said, keep repeating same stuff. It might make it true.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@quadknight said:

Hopefully they can fix the alpha servers so we can actually get higher than 15-20fps in the PU. It's kinda hard to have fun with FPS elements when the framerates are so atrocious for most people.

3.0 alpha end of the years I beat

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

@quadknight said:

QFT

They need to get on this ASAP. Adding in more crap into the game can wait... but the core gameplay mechanics need to get ironed out firstly... you know, start doing optimization and what not. I think 4+ years in development is more than enough time to start doing this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Metallic_Blade said:
@quadknight said:

QFT

They need to get on this ASAP. Adding in more crap into the game can wait... but the core gameplay mechanics need to get ironed out firstly... you know, start doing optimization and what not. I think 4+ years in development is more than enough time to start doing this.

To be fair, they are doing that.... but you have to keep developing and adding the content regardless of how long it takes.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

@flipclic: Ok that looks kinda impressive, graphically. It still needs a bit polish as the particles look placeholder ones and the screen-space artifacts are kinda distracting. Other than that, the ragdolls look very weird.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@junky-trunk said:

with no manly beard or chest hairs either.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@junky-trunk said:

with no manly beard or chest hairs either.

What, not manly enough?

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Ok that is pretty damn impressive, for a space sim, it moves with better fluidity than most, if not all FPS i've seen. Particularly the hit registration looks solid and the rag doll mechanics gave a satisfying feedback to the shooter.

But of course, this is obviously a scam and they haven't been developing any game. Everyone knows this right? CR needs a new pool table so yeah, buy more ships people. Probably a trump supporter too!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Why are the guns modeled on ballistics? Do they not have laser guns in this universe? Seems like a pretty big failure of imagination, if I wanted to fire bullets I'd play CoD. This is science fiction in space.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Why are the guns modeled on ballistics? Do they not have laser guns in this universe? Seems like a pretty big failure of imagination, if I wanted to fire bullets I'd play CoD. This is science fiction in space.

If you had watched the video you would have seen the laser shotgun, Also there are laser Gatling guns and laser cannons on ships, so yeah, there are lasers. They were showing some of the more basic guns, I think.

If you want to get technical, ballistic bullets are far more deadly than lasers due to the fact that they fragment in your body. But that's a rather boring explanation.