Star Citizen - Alpha Patch 1.1.5 - Meet the Merlin P52!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

New pre-FPS Module patch (Which is now scheduled for 3-5 weeks time, after gamescon) has been released making the Merlin P52 Snub fighter available! Amongst other goodies:

• Vanduul Scythe Alien ship available to fly (though currently cant select it)
  • Player limit increased to 16
  • Optimisation - Game is much smoother all round, download speeds are better etc.
  • New Sound system, sounds are now much better.
  • Flight and balance updates.

However - the Merlin P52 is beautiful! It's a small Snub fighter designed to be housed in one of the bigger ships (Constellation) check these out:

Gamescon will be amazing:

• Arena Commander 2.0 - Multi-Crew fully developed demo for the first time!
  • FPS Module
  • Social Module

Merlin Videos:

Merlin Pictures:

PC Master Race.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Uncharted 4 looks better. It has deforming rice bags too.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Everytime I see a ship fly in SC it baffles me just how poorly it looks. So stiff and lacking any kind of momentum. Screenshots are fantastic, actually flying not so much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Sushiglutton said:

Everytime I see a ship fly in SC it baffles me just how poorly it looks. So stiff and lacking any kind of momentum. Screenshots are fantastic, actually flying not so much.

Aye, the acceleration isn't finished properly yet. The on-board computer just stops the ship unless you use a certain mode... suppose to make it easier, however looks poor when you are trying to land.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

The hermits The Last Guardian since 2012. Have fun with the full thing in 2019 bros :P

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@MBirdy88 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Aye, the acceleration isn't finished properly yet. The on-board computer just stops the ship unless you use a certain mode... suppose to make it easier, however looks poor when you are trying to land.

Yeah, CIG already pointed out that speed values aren't final because AC isn't the PU. Ships are still oving to slow. That and the thruster thing.

@Desmonic said:

The hermits The Last Guardian since 2012. Have fun with the full thing in 2019 bros :P

SC only started showing exreme potential like this around late 2013. Plus, SC's scope is bigger than anything else. TLG isn't.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Desmonic  Moderator

@deadline-zero0: That relates to absolutely zero of what I said :D

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Star Citizen hasn't even been in development for 3 years yet. Last Guardian? 8 years.

8 years.

The current development schedule for star citizen is completely average. Games have very long development periods compared to other forms of media. People are only butthurt because 1. they don't understand what I just said. 2. The kickstarter began before development even began, giving the illusion of an above average dev length. Normally, games are announced after maybe 2 years of development.

With that said, this is a clear demonstration that you shouldn't announce a game before you've even made an alpha. Crowd Funding only works for stuff like this because the nerd-hunger for space exploration is fucking huge.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Desmonic  Moderator

@parkurtommo: Worry not, you'll get there. Slowly but surely, you'll get there :P

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#10 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Can't wait for Gamescom to see full system demo of the game. They've converted the engine into 64 bit and now it supports open levels.

@Desmonic said:

The Last Guardian wasn't playable, Star Citizen is... The Last Guardian was almost canceled, Star Citizen wasn't. TLG looks outdated, Star Citizen doesn't.

Star Citizen's development began in early 2013 from scratch. Squadron 42 campaign is probably coming out next year (20 hours long). As for MMO part (Star Citizen itself), it is easily a title that will release between 2017-2019. Anyone who expected otherwise doesn't know how stuff works.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Desmonic said:

The Last Guardian wasn't playable, Star Citizen is... The Last Guardian was almost canceled, Star Citizen wasn't. TLG looks outdated, Star Citizen doesn't.

Star Citizen's development began in early 2013 from scratch. Squadron 42 campaign is probably coming out next year (20 hours long). As for MMO part (Star Citizen itself),

it is easily a title that will release between 2017-2019.

Anyone who expected otherwise doesn't know how stuff works.

Thank you for agreeing :D

PS: Late 2012 =/= Early 2013. Just sayin' bro, just sayin'. :P

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cloud_imperium

I'm glad this time they are preparing the demo early and have a guy who is helping them to make stage and their presentations better. Too bad there won't be Squadron 42 trailer though. I think it'll be showcased at Citizen Con or in November livestream. Ben said, it's expected later this year but not at Gamescom. May be they'll announce the cast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Desmonic said:

@parkurtommo: Worry not, you'll get there. Slowly but surely, you'll get there :P

Meh, release day doesn't matter. By the end of this year, besides perhaps the first release of the MMO element... the game will have all its core modes... from there out its just making it content rich, polished and balanced.

The Problem at the moment, due to ofcourse, systems not being finished, the playerbase is small... rightfully so. But by the end of this year it'l have enough content for a full game. balance/polish on the other hand.

Most games of this size take 4-5+ years. its only 2 1/2 years now. so no worries!

One of the most interesting games to test and watch develop ever to be honest, its an experience in itself.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Desmonic  Moderator

@MBirdy88: So, like I said. Enjoy the full thing in 2019! :D

---

Main problem, depending on what kind of minimum requirements they'll aim for, will be the player base. In terms of PR, they really don't need to do much at this point in time. It's well known as is.

Otherwise, any worries will be the development time/possible issues (at least) for the foreseeable future.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cloud_imperium
@Desmonic said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Desmonic said:

Star Citizen's development began in early 2013 from scratch. Squadron 42 campaign is probably coming out next year (20 hours long). As for MMO part (Star Citizen itself),

You are comparing it to The Last Guardian. I proved you wrong. You said it'll come out in 2019.... I never said, I disagree but they are currently planning on releasing it in 2017, not 2019 (which I used as worst case scenario). In any case it'll come out between 2017 and 19. so it's not The Last Guardian. As long as I'm getting my Squadron 42 next year (yes they are working on two games, not one), I don't care when PU comes out.

Development began in early 2013, this chart says December because Crowd funding ended in November but they didn't have offices or started to hire until January 2013. But keep nitpicking.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Desmonic  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Desmonic said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Desmonic said:

You are comparing it to The Last Guardian. I proved you wrong. You said it'll come out in 2019.... I never said, I disagree but they are currently planning on releasing it in 2017, not 2019 (which I used as worst case scenario). In any case it'll come out between 2017 and 19. so it's not The Last Guardian. As long as I'm getting my Squadron 42 next year (yes they are working on two games, not one), I don't care when PU comes out.

Development began in early 2013, this chart says December because Crowd funding ended in November but they didn't have offices or started to hire until January 2013. But keep nitpicking.

Proved me wrong, by what? In what way? How?

You just agreed it'll take a crap load of time to release the full product. Just like TLG has taken a lot of time to develop. Soooooo....you proved me wrong by agreeing? Because that was literally all I said. Anything else, it's on you guys. Check my replies

Also, hey, remember when TLG aimed for 2011? :D Fun times!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cloud_imperium
@Desmonic said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Desmonic said:

You just agreed it'll take a crap load of time to release the full product. Just like TLG has taken a lot of time to develop. Soooooo....you proved me wrong by agreeing? Because that was literally all I said. Anything else, it's on you guys. Check my replies

Nah.... You compared it to TLG, which wasn't playable (so your comparison is wrong), TLG has no release date even after 8 years while Star Citizen/Squadron 42 are in development for less than 3 years (again wrong) and your 2019 release date is just a guess (wrong again). Try again.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Desmonic: TLG wasn't never suppose to take so long to release. SC's scope makes it so that it takes so long.

So while i agree that the game will take time, it's not same has cows waiting for TLG.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Desmonic  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Desmonic said:

Nah.... You compared it to TLG, which wasn't playable (so your comparison is wrong), TLG has no release date even after 8 years while Star Citizen/Squadron 42 are in development for less than 3 years (again wrong) and your 2019 release date is just a guess (wrong again). Try again.

Someone missed E3 it seems! :D

If you get all that from "The hermits The Last Guardian since 2012. Have fun with the full thing in 2019 bros :P", more power to you, but time was all I compared.

I never said it was in development for 3 years. I said it was your TLG since 2012. And that you'll enjoy the full thing by 2019 :D And I'm sure you will!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Sorry Desmonic ... that comparison is terrible. it makes no sense, time to give it up.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Desmonic  Moderator

@deadline-zero0: I'd say its worse, since you payed for it! :D

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cloud_imperium
@Desmonic said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Desmonic said:

Someone missed E3 it seems! :D

If you get all that from "The hermits The Last Guardian since 2012. Have fun with the full thing in 2019 bros :P", more power to you, but time was all I compared.

I never said it was in development for 3 years. I said it was your TLG since 2012. And that you'll enjoy the full thing by 2019 :D And I'm sure you will!

You are just grasping for straws. You are just guessing, nothing more, nothing less. Keep trying.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Desmonic  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium: Am I now? :D

It seems to me that you're quite upset that it is indeed your TLG. Hey, when will the full thing release again? When can you play it? :D

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Desmonic said:

Which is fine and better actually.

SC can only exist because it's free of publishers. The game would be too hardcore and big in scope and aiming at a non-large, casual audiance for the kind of money it demanded.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Desmonic  Moderator

@deadline-zero0 said:
@Desmonic said:

Which is fine and better actually.

SC can only exist because it's free of publishers. The game would be too hardcore and big in scope and aiming at a non-large, casual audiance for the kind of money it demanded.

Yeah, which again may or may not be a problem in the future depending on what kind of min requirements they'll aim for.

Sure the project is payed for (least a big chunk of it), but a large user base ensures it's future as a franchise/service/long enduring MMO. I'm guessing balancing the amazing graphics with at least some decent entry point will be an issue. We'll see. I really think that's their main problem at this point in time, other than that it's all stuff that may or may not happen so we can't really say much about it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@Desmonic said:

It seems to me that you're quite upset that it is indeed your TLG. Hey, when will the full thing release again? When can you play it? :D

Squadron 42 is planned for 2016 release. Star Citizen is planned for 2017 release, just like any other game like Uncharted 4, Deus Ex etc that says coming xyz year. No release date =/= TLG. Come on man.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Ah, hopefully that's why. It's strange to me that they are doing all these extras (like FPS etc) but still haven't nailed the very core of the gameplay experience. If the moment to moment flying doesn't feel excellent everything breaks down imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Desmonic said:

Come on man.

Come now... comparing a game that hasn't been even playable ... or hell viewable until its 8th year is somehow comparable to a project we can actively play and have been able to since its 1 1/2 point.! LOGIKED

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Desmonic  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium:

Come on, what? Not my fault you got upset at simple, tongue-in-cheek comment, now is it? :P

Lighten up bro, have some fun ;)

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Desmonic  Moderator

@MBirdy88: Someone also missed this E3 :D And previous E3's where gameplay was shown :D

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cloud_imperium
@Desmonic said:

@Cloud_imperium:

Come on, what? Not my fault you got upset at simple, tongue-in-cheek comment, now is it? :P

Lighten up bro, have some fun ;)

No one is upset. Your comparison was terrible and you were proven wrong. Nothing more.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Desmonic  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium: "Wrong". :D

Call me when the full game is playable! ;)

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

No one is upset. Your comparison was terrible and you were proven wrong. Nothing more.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. He made an obvious joke comment and you went all Captian Serious on him, trying to make a big comparison out of it. Quite embarrassing to see, really. Now go and write down some more facts to refute his super serious post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Desmonic said:

@MBirdy88: Someone also missed this E3 :D And previous E3's where gameplay was shown :D

... E3 was this year, so my 8 year comment is correct... we saw .. "concept gameplay" like what 6 years ago? I know we have gameplay now... but why are you ignoring what we are saying? they are not comparable even the slightest.

We did't back Star Citizen 8 years ago and not see ACTUAL GAMEPLAY until 8 years in.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cloud_imperium
@Desmonic said:

Call me when it doesn't come out after 8 years. I've nothing more to say so please you can stop trolling now.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@nethernova said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Don't get your panties in a bunch. He made an obvious joke comment and you went all Captian Serious on him, trying to make a big comparison out of it. Quite embarrassing to see, really. Now go and write down some more facts to refute his super serious post.

Here comes another troll. I've nothing more to say. His comparison was bad and he was corrected. No need to act like his boyfriend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Back on topic before a mod decided to troll us ":P".

Merlin fly by vid:

Loading Video...

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@Desmonic said:

This comment right here. The source of all this. A joke comment.

Honestly, lolhermits at this point. "Bu-bu-but 8 years! Bu-bu-but wrong! Bu-bu-but "concept gameplay"! (lolwut?) Bu-bu-but mah Starz Citizenzzz!"

Sweet Jebus. Will laugh even more when it does only finish by 2019, if that.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@Desmonic said:

watch out not to miss gamescom

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Desmonic said:

and you may even be able to buy a console capable of good graphics, 1080p and 60fps by then :p

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Some serious Tom Foolery up in here.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

This game will look great on my new PC I get in 2018....around the same time the game comes out.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Can we play this now or..?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@mr_huggles_dog said:

This game will look great on my new PC I get in 2018....around the same time the game comes out.

Game is out.

@bobrossperm said:

yes... thats would the videos suggest do they not?

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Game is out.

@bobrossperm said:

How would you go about doing that?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@MBirdy88: Full release?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

How much does that ship cost?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@bobrossperm said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Game is out.

@bobrossperm said:

How would you go about doing that?

clicking the star citizen exe.

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MBirdy88: Full release?

nope. who wants to wait for that?

@freedomfreak said:

$20, or free if you own a consetllation.

or free if you play the game and get ingame credits.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DEadliNE-Zero0

@freedomfreak said:

It's a scub fighter that included with one of the Constellation models.