Standards drop, Sales increase?!?!?! wtf

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cheapness1
Member since 2003 • 883 Posts

I'm not one to hate on a particular console or company but this article from IGN disturbed me a bit!

Its not about the console but instead the fact that a company would brag that a crap game is selling well...and the implications if other developers/publishers decided to let quality take a back seat! Especially when they go on about appealing to casual gamers and all that! Hope it isn't a glimpse at the future! (maybe I'm over-reacting a little:P )

Link

Wandering what you guyz think about this?

edit: added poll!

Brawndo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Brawndo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

ehh its mario party, theyre always crap and they alway sell well

i dont think its an indication of anything except maybe a game drought

what was the fastest selling game before this?

TheBigDrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TheBigDrat
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts

game prices go up, game length goes down

that makes me say WTF?

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
I like Mario Party. But there're too many sequels:x Here's to hoping Mario Party 9'll be online.
cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cheapness1
Member since 2003 • 883 Posts

game prices go up, game length goes down

that makes me say WTF?

TheBigDrat

well i alwayz say quality over quantity... :D just cos you can play for 70 hours doesn't mean u'll enjoy it!

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Its mario party. its got an established fanbase and sells well, everyone knows that. most bad games dont sell that well.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts

Games used to be only a few hours long, if that. Video games these days have become rather bloated, and lose the point of 'fun', replacing it with hype and eye candy. They've also become far more fast paced, and thus a lot of detail is lost because it's skipped over; or it's not developed to the extent it can because it can be skipped over quickly.

Believe it or not, but a lot of people don't have hours on end to burn playing games. The only ones who do are the ones completely devoid of a life and friends, and that's a relatively small demographic. Most people have lives, or havea social life so they only have a few hours to burn now and then to play a game. Having a 40+ hour game is sorta pointless, especially those devoid of plot. In the 'old' days, games that took over 20 hours to complete were RPGs and a good chunk of that time was spent leveling up , puzzle solving, or exploring.