Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24982 Posts
@pc_rocks said:

I told you before, no game that I know of benefited from consolization. And Ghost hyping it just cemented that Stalker 2 would most probably be crap and will only be Stalker in name only.

It benefits.

This on other hand Recover after consolization of second part. while this being consolized too still manage to become masterpiece on its own.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8491 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

I told you before, no game that I know of benefited from consolization. And Ghost hyping it just cemented that Stalker 2 would most probably be crap and will only be Stalker in name only.

It benefits.

This on other hand Recover after consolization of second part. while this being consolized too still manage to become masterpiece on its own.

Already debunked that garbage rebuttal before. May be go and look at that again to refresh your gold fish memory.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

It benefits.

Already debunked that garbage rebuttal before. May be go and look at that again to refresh your gold fish memory.

debunked it again.

Hitman codename 47 was worst in series (well before absolution) and it was PC exclusive. Hitman 2 being multiplat yet it was heavily improved.

Deus Ex HR live up to original and was successful.

as of recent based on Demo. System shock remake is still SS2 like immersive sim with inventory and deep level design.

If Deus Ex works, Prey works, System shock works. why cant STALKER 2? why its only immersive sim that single out?

System shock is far more immersive and deep than STALKER and it works today.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks: Also Far cry 2 was better and more Dynamic than Crysis 1 despite former being multiplat and later being PC exclusive but FC2 play more like PC game with having health bar, realism, immersion, and no cutscene or on rail segments that Crysis had.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

of course I have beaten STALKER 1 numerious times and call of pripyat multiple time.

also fan of Metro which is another masterpiece franchise.

all they Show STALKER 2 was trailer which involve exploration and finding anomolies. and also graphical showcase.

you must be living in fantasy world if you think they remove immersive sim mechanics like inventory and realism.

No, I’m living in a time where I don’t hold much faith that the design philosophy and market the original game was built in exists anymore towards producing another similar experience.

STALKER’s strength is that The Zone is entirely indifferent towards the player’s presence……that it’s not catered to them. This is one franchise that I find has an incredibly weak early-game due to this design, but an incredibly strong mid-late game also due to it. It throws you into the deep end with a peashooter and pair of sweats and says “Good luck!”. The world exists, it’s brutal, uncompromising, alive. Most of the mass market won’t have the patience for this philosophy, and consequently, the game will be designed in accommodation of that because if it’s not, and the market rejects it, it’s a lost investment.

In short, STALKER was a product of its time, a time that has long passed, and I suspect the fundamental design tenets that’ve made the original so beloved and that the market was conducive to at that time are no longer tenable towards certain current market predilections and fiscal considerations.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

of course I have beaten STALKER 1 numerious times and call of pripyat multiple time.

also fan of Metro which is another masterpiece franchise.

all they Show STALKER 2 was trailer which involve exploration and finding anomolies. and also graphical showcase.

you must be living in fantasy world if you think they remove immersive sim mechanics like inventory and realism.

No, I’m living in a time where I don’t hold much faith that the design philosophy and market the original game was built in exists anymore towards producing another similar experience.

STALKER’s strength is that The Zone is entirely indifferent towards the player’s presence……that it’s not catered to them. This is one franchise that I find has an incredibly weak early-game due to this design, but an incredibly strong mid-late game also due to it. It throws you into the deep end with a peashooter and pair of sweats and says “Good luck!”. The world exists, it’s brutal, uncompromising, alive. Most of the mass market won’t have the patience for this philosophy, and consequently, the game will be designed in accommodation of that because if it’s not, and the market rejects it, it’s a lost investment.

In short, STALKER was a product of its time, a time that has long passed, and I suspect the fundamental design tenets that’ve made the original so beloved and that the market was conducive to at that time are no longer fiscally tenable towards certain market predilections.

Metro did capture STALKER atmosphere well. Exodus at a time feel like STALKERish.

why couldnot STALKER 2 knowing if they didnot remove inventory, RPG elements, immersive sim elements.

and if System shock and Prey work as immersive sim why cant STALKER 2?

beside im more excited for Atomic heart due to its a new thing from russian immersive sim but still. i dont see any design flaw since they never reveal actual gameplay and based on info it has all things of STALKER 1 had.

Prey is as deep as STALKER 1 was and it works.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

In short, STALKER was a product of its time, a time that has long passed, and I suspect the fundamental design tenets that’ve made the original so beloved and that the market was conducive to at that time are no longer fiscally tenable towards certain market predilections.

Metro did capture STALKER atmosphere well. Exodus at a time feel like STALKERish.

why couldnot STALKER 2 knowing if they didnot remove inventory, RPG elements, immersive sim elements.

beside im more excited for Atomic heart due to its a new thing from russian immersive sim but still. i dont see any design flaw since they never reveal actual gameplay and based on info it has all things of STALKER 1 had.

You’re not understanding what I’m arguing. I’m not talking about any specific gameplay mechanics (inventory, RPG elements). Many other games have these; they are not the defining attribute.

I‘m speaking on the overall philosophy underpinning the game’s design that everything rests upon. Think about it…..what fundamentally differentiates a game like STALKER from Metro?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

You’re not understanding what I’m arguing. I’m not talking about any specific gameplay mechanics (inventory, RPG elements). Many other games have these; they are not the defining attribute.

I‘m speaking on the overall philosophy underpinning the game’s design that everything rests upon. Think about it…..what fundamentally differentiates a game like STALKER from Metro?

Metro did atmosphere better especially dark atmosphere while Metro is cinematic shooter but nicely done.

STALKER is immersive sim, open worldish, have realism and big inventory. none of those Metro have.

you can love STALKER and Metro both. but all i heard is "herr Metroz Badz cuz its not STALKER like its bad"

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cows will get stalkers watching YouTube walkthroughs, though it will be back to flob knobs when they realise they can't find the game on ps store 🤣

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MirkoS77
@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Metro did atmosphere better especially dark atmosphere while Metro is cinematic shooter but nicely done.

STALKER is immersive sim, open worldish, have realism and big inventory. none of those Metro have.

you can love STALKER and Metro both. but all i heard is "herr Metroz Badz cuz its not STALKER like its bad"

I'd say STALKER puts Metro's atmosphere to shame, but not due to aesthetic or presentation reasons, but because it's a living, dynamic, unpredictable, emergent playground. That's what makes it so immersive and atmospheric. Metro is vapid, meaningless surface gloss. Pretty, but superficial.

You can probably tell I'm not too keen on Metro. I find it a wholly average series, and comparatively to STALKER, laughably poor.

Just out of curiosity, have you yet played Escape From Pripyat (this is a fairly new mod, not a single player game) or delved into the STALKER modding scene, or is your knowledge of the franchise based exclusively on the three single player games from years back?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I'd say STALKER puts Metro's atmosphere to shame, but not due to aesthetic or presentation reasons, but because it's a living, dynamic, unpredictable world. That's what makes it so immersive. Metro is vapid, meaningless surface gloss. Pretty, but superficial.

You can probably tell I'm not too keen on Metro. I find it a wholly average series, and comparatively to STALKER, laughably poor.

Just out of curiosity, have you yet played Escape From Pripyat (this is a fairly new mod, not a single player game) or delved into the STALKER modding scene, or is your knowledge of the franchise based exclusively on the three single player games from years back?

I only play SP games. so dont care about non SP anything.

Metro is not avg series. it did lot of things better, story, graphics, atmosphere, etc.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MirkoS77
@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I'd say STALKER puts Metro's atmosphere to shame, but not due to aesthetic or presentation reasons, but because it's a living, dynamic, unpredictable world. That's what makes it so immersive. Metro is vapid, meaningless surface gloss. Pretty, but superficial.

I only play SP games. so dont care about non SP anything.

Metro is not avg series. it did lot of things better, story, graphics, atmosphere, etc.

Escape from Pripyat is SP (sorry, when I said “not a single player game” I meant not the original trilogy). All mods for STALKER are (though I believe there’s a mod in the works to implement MP). But if you claim yourself a STALKER fan, you need to play this mod. It is incredible.

If your only knowledge of the franchise is based on vanilla STALKER from many years ago, then you’ve no idea how mods have changed it. You must be a PC gamer if you’ve played it, so why haven’t you taken a look at ModDB to see what’s available?

Or do you no longer game on PC or it isn’t powerful enough?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ghosts4ever
@MirkoS77 said:

Or do you no longer game on PC or it isn’t powerful enough?

of course I dont own any console. and even STALKER 2 will struggle on my potato PC. last mod I played was Call of Chernobyl. but my fav mod was complete mod back in days it was mod that really deliver.

@MirkoS77said: then you’ve no idea how mods have changed it.

Exactly my point, if mods changed so much. why cant it change STALKER 2 if it has flaws like arcadey gameplay (while unlike you im not jumping to conclusion)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:

of course I dont own any console. and even STALKER 2 will struggle on my potato PC. last mod I played was Call of Chernobyl. but my fav mod was complete mod back in days it was mod that really deliver.

Exactly my point, if mods changed so much. why cant it change STALKER 2 if it has flaws like arcadey gameplay (while unlike you im not jumping to conclusion)

Because STALKER, despite all the mods, is still at its core, STALKER. The mods are not fundamentally changing the game into something else, it’s building, tweaking, and expanding upon what already exists.

You seem to believe mods can magically change a game like Metro into STALKER. They can’t, because the core design of the engine is fundamentally different in what it strives to achieve and/or allows. While there is some wiggle room, there are limitations. Have you ever read in a mod’s readme that something couldn’t be done because the engine won’t allow it? There you go….it would need to be recoded from the ground up.

Think of it as putting prosthetics on someone‘s face for movie makeup. That’s different than replacing the entire face itself, which is what you’re arguing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Because STALKER, despite all the mods, is still at its core, STALKER. The mods are not fundamentally changing the game into something else, it’s building, tweaking, and expanding upon what already exists.

You seem to believe mods can magically change a game like Metro into STALKER. They can’t, because the core design of the engine is fundamentally different in what it strives to achieve and/or allows. While there is some wiggle room, there are limitations. Have you ever read in a mod’s readme that something couldn’t be done because the engine won’t allow it? There you go….it would need to be recoded from the ground up.

Think of it as putting prosthetics on someone‘s face for movie makeup. That’s different than replacing the entire face itself, which is what you’re arguing.

No because its not Metro its still STALKER and you are just living in delusion. it still have A life system, RPG elements, inventory.

mods can tweek by changing arcade gameplay into realism and thats it. but keep living in delusion.

you will be proven wrong.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I'd say STALKER puts Metro's atmosphere to shame, but not due to aesthetic or presentation reasons, but because it's a living, dynamic, unpredictable, emergent playground. That's what makes it so immersive and atmospheric. Metro is vapid, meaningless surface gloss. Pretty, but superficial.

100% correct

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:
@MirkoS77 said:

100% correct

PC gamers shill Crysis 1 which was consolzied shooter despite of being PC exclusive with having health regen and on rail segments and less dynamic than Far cry 2 lol.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:

@pc_rocks: Also Far cry 2 was better and more Dynamic than Crysis 1 despite former being multiplat and later being PC exclusive but FC2 play more like PC game with having health bar, realism, immersion, and no cutscene or on rail segments that Crysis had.

That was really good. Tell me another joke!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:

LOL Hypocrycy for PC kids. Crysis OMG OMG so deep and FC2 and Metro suck because because no reasons. despite FC2 did almost everything better than Crysis except graphics.

Loading Video...

Far cry 2 was ahead of its time.

Loading Video...

your health magically regenerated ala console FPS. you are in gun turret and do on rail shooting segment.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

@mrbojangles25: nice explanation. How does a developer add this to there game? What's the difference between a game with and without nft.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MirkoS77
@ghosts4ever said:

No because its not Metro its still STALKER and you are just living in delusion. it still have A life system, RPG elements, inventory.

mods can tweek by changing arcade gameplay into realism and thats it. but keep living in delusion.

you will be proven wrong.

It's not released yet, so that remains to be seen.

That they were even humoring NFTs is not a comforting sign to me, even considering the retraction because it's an insight into their thought process and priorities. Again, I don't think where the industry is in the modern age will afford us another STALKER-esque experience. Which, if we're being honest, is pretty niche.....it will fall victim to gaming's success and expansion into mass market appeal precisely because the niche appeal that affords it its brilliance isn't an interesting prospect to the broader market that supports it. And unfortunately, that market's backing is required to justify its existence so its design will more than likely accommodate those considerations to its detriment, but conducive to its commercial viability.

Will I be proven wrong? Perhaps, and if so, there will be no one happier than me as STALKER is my favorite game of all-time (not the originals, but modded and due to the underlying philosophy), and a brilliant testament to exemplary game design that is seldom, if ever, seen in the industry. It is an absolute gem shining bright in a pool of mediocrity and superficiality, made by three guys who could barely afford running cars.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:

LOL Hypocrycy for PC kids. Crysis OMG OMG so deep and FC2 and Metro suck because because no reasons. despite FC2 did almost everything better than Crysis except graphics.

Far cry 2 was ahead of its time.

your health magically regenerated ala console FPS. you are in gun turret and do on rail shooting segment.

That was even better. Another joke please!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts

@faponte13 said:

@mrbojangles25: nice explanation. How does a developer add this to there game? What's the difference between a game with and without nft.

TBH I am not entirely sure in a singleplayer game.

With art this is pretty standard: you make a picture or piece of art or a song, attach a code to it, and send it into circulation. Every time someone trades it, the artist get's a percentage of the sale. Seems fair. Artists should be able to make money off their work in perpetuity to one degree or another.

With video games I am not sure. Maybe make a limited-edition skin for Fortnite and attach a code to it. You'd then have to make some sort of marketplace where you could trade (I don't play Fortnite, does this already exist?) for cryptocurrency or real-world money.

Again I am not really sure, it's a really dumb and abstract thing and the fact that the only people trying to pull this shit off are large publishers does not bode well because those are some greedy twerps.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@MirkoS77 said:

100% correct

PC gamers shill Crysis 1 which was consolzied shooter despite of being PC exclusive with having health regen and on rail segments and less dynamic than Far cry 2 lol.

you are as insightful as you are wise my friend