Square knows you hate them

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]its not like other people haven't come in and shown that a great rpg could be made on an HD console. Just look at lost odyssey or white knight chronicles.savagetwinkie
I'm looking, but I only see one "decently good" RPG and one "meh" RPG. Do people really put WKC above FF13? Lost Odyssey I can BARELY understand people putting over FF13 (and I heavily disagree with said people), but WKC? That has to be a joke.

Lost Odyssey is one of my favorite games this gen, and I never said either was better than ff13, I havn't played wkc but heard it was decent enough. But when it takes 20 hours to get to the good parts of ffxiii is stupid, completely linear levels, few towns... While I might agree that FF has more polish on what it has, its got a lot of bad designs that will leave a horrible taste in your mouth. When I played Lost Odyssey I was completely absorbed into the world, from the second I started playing it to the boss, the game was great all around, I never made it past that first 20 hours of ff13, I felt I had to force myself to get to the good spots...

I remeber after playing lost oddyssey getting so psyched for FFXIII, because i reasoned if they can make a JRPG like this in 2 years imagine what Square will do with FFXIII.... Now I can't beleive I would actually recommend LO over FFXIII to someone ..thats just insane

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 crippled_ram
Member since 2010 • 1583 Posts

we got reasons for our hate, they dun goof'd up this gen and for giving the PS3 the cold shoulder

J-WOW
Wait, they gave PS3 the cold shoulder by making it the lead platform for their biggest game ever, and by keeping quite a few of their upcoming games PS3 exclusive? Ok.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#103 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
[QUOTE="J-WOW"]

we got reasons for our hate, they dun goof'd up this gen and for giving the PS3 the cold shoulder

crippled_ram
Wait, they gave PS3 the cold shoulder by making it the lead platform for their biggest game ever, and by keeping quite a few of their upcoming games PS3 exclusive? Ok.

Wich ended up being one of the most disapointing FF main series game for many people and then after that they came up with the lowest rated FF game ever(and,unlike you said,not even out on the PS3 yet). Add that to FF X-2,wich was already a game loathed by a lot of people(especially the hardcore FFX fans that thougth the ending ruined FFX story)and you can see how some people are very sceptical of what SE brings out in the future.
conquerorsaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#104 conquerorsaint
Member since 2003 • 1338 Posts

FF series have been crap since Sakaguchi & co. left for Mistwalker. FF12 had a lot of potential but was a major disappointment (bland characters, 90% dungeon drudgery, 10% uninteresting/underwhelming story). Crisis Core's only good parts were the during the revisiting of Nibelheim and even then they can't claim it as their own since Sakaguchi was responsible for that during FF7. Angeal having the Buster sword was lame as hell and don't get me started on Sephiroth wannabe (literally and figuratively) Genesis with lame and bland genesis copy enemies who eat hair lol.

It seems they are bankrupt creatively and while FFv13 looks nice, after the mass disappointment from FF13 I will definitely wait for it at the bargain bin. They really should just remake the ****c FFs (Starting with FF6), since clearly they have no more magic in their games and just know how to pad their games with repetitive and boring sidequests (Crisis Core/FF12).

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

SE is OK on handhelds so I'm not worried about the 3rd birthday or Agito but they are sucking a lot lately on Home consoles so i'm worried about their home consoles projects.

Kashiwaba

Alot? All I can recall is ff13 and imo that was good. Besides that I dont remember any other home console games. All iv seen from them is handheld stuff.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It's funny really. FFXII and FFXIII are probably two of the most different FF titles there are (Other than the MMORPG FFs), and both just so happen to be the most hated main FF titles there are...

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Actually I liked their PSP games but didn't like most of their games on pretty much every other platform this gen :S

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
At least they know they're doing terribly bad, if Parasite Eve fails then I'm abandoning SE for good.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I guess it's commendable that they know that they suck.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#110 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Hmmm, I also can't help but wonder if Square even means what they are saying and aren't just trying to suck up to all the haters by saying they have been doing badly.

That's almost what it feels like to me.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Good. Maybe they will clean up their act and give us what we want. :o Chances are they won't.
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

Square would have been a better developer if they stuck closer to Sony.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

argetlam00

Explain?

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#114 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

The only game from them this generation that I've had any desire to play was The World Ends With You, which was actually fantastic. Everything else I just passed over because it didn't look that good to me.

A lot of their talent landed in Mistwalker. I'm playing Lost Odyssey right now and loving it.

OmegaPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 OmegaPillow
Member since 2010 • 1055 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="RandomWinner"]

I hate them because they take a great game, like KH, make a sequel with an unnecessary plot, then make 30 spin offs rather than making an actual SEQUEL!!! I hate square, if they went bankrupt and had to pass up all their franchises to other developers I'd probably throw a parade.

RandomWinner

What KH game doesn't have an unnecessary plot?

Everything after the first. The first was great, but can anybody say that they cared about Roxas at all and were happy with the start? I got over played the game, and enjoyed it. Then I started waiting for a sequel on the PS3 (or 360) but they won't deliver. I wish that 1. They kept it simple and 2. They'd at least announce KH3 before GT5 came out. It's milking at its finest.

I cared for roxas, i just dont care what people have to say about my beloved kingdom hearts!
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

Other than DQX, I don't care about any of their console games now. Their handheld efforts are good though. TWEWY is still one of my favorite games this gen. I still need to pick up DQIX. Agito, 3rd Birthday and Tactics Ogre look awesome too.

GLove093093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GLove093093
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts
I don't hate Square. Anyway we'll see how it goes I guess.
Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

Still can't get over the fact that somebody at Square thought it was a good idea to make a sequel for FFX but not VII. And that it should have a Charlie's Angels theme. And that no one did anything to stop them. Square should just go away, IMO.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 finalfantasy94

It's funny really. FFXII and FFXIII are probably two of the most different FF titles there are (Other than the MMORPG FFs), and both just so happen to be the most hated main FF titles there are...

DJ-Lafleur

Its impossible to please everyone in the fanbase. Some are going to complain. Hell eveniv done it some time or another.I actually like and enjoyed both 12 and 13.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

jasonharris48

Explain?

Magic sony wizard duh:P

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i will still buy squeenix games...well as long as they are publishing stuff like just cause 2 and not any of the games they are famous for making popular then running into the ground.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

J-WOW
How did they give Sony the ocld shoulder? As far as I know, all their games are available on the PS3 too.
GLove093093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GLove093093
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts
[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="J-WOW"]

How did they give Sony the ocld shoulder? As far as I know, all their games are available on the PS3 too.

Maybe he wants exclusives?:?
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 NEStorianPriest

[QUOTE="J-WOW"]

Phazevariance

Imagine how I felt in the 90s when Square anounced they were putting FF7 on the PS1 instead of the N64. :o

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
what games again did they make for pS3 this gen? FF13 only :lol: then it went Multiplat....(might have affected the quality) Good Job! /sarcasm :x
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Haters gonna hate.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Hoping FF VS XIII will be better than XIII what a total and utter disgrace that game was lol.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I don't really understand the hate, but ok.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="NEStorianPriest"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="J-WOW"]

Imagine how I felt in the 90s when Square anounced they were putting FF7 on the PS1 instead of the N64. :o

Seriously. I bet all the nintendo fans cried that night, saying "SQUARE has given nintendo the cold shoulder!"
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

If they truly acknowledged the hate they would do something about it. I'm just not seeing any results at all.

NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 NEStorianPriest

[QUOTE="NEStorianPriest"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"] How did they give Sony the ocld shoulder? As far as I know, all their games are available on the PS3 too.Phazevariance

Seriously. I bet all the nintendo fans cried that night, saying "SQUARE has given nintendo the cold shoulder!"

Yeah. Wonder how many people were trying to decide wether they wanted a console that could play Demon Souls or Mass-Effect 2, only to learn after they bought a 360 they could've with a PS3 if they had just waited.

Now you just expect that the industry will find a way to stick it to you. :|

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#132 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
That alone justifies me buying a PSP. I played the orignal for couple of hours but i borrowed Final Fantasy Tactics (probaly my favourite RPG) also at the same time and never got around to finishing the game but loved every minute which i did play. I can play all 3 then and FFT again. Front Mission? Where is that going? hakanakumono thanks for that.
Ever_Grande

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Ever_Grande
Member since 2010 • 284 Posts

If Square would justget to work onKingdom Hearts 3, I would hate them less.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I don't know if I care anymore.

The only new game I've enjoyed from them this generation are Crisis core and The World Ends With You.

I've been waiting years for the real KH3 and vs13 are slowly getting into vaporware territory.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

what games again did they make for pS3 this gen? FF13 only :lol: then it went Multiplat....(might have affected the quality) Good Job! /sarcasm :xRatchet_Fan8

Well they did also publish Star Ocean 4.

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

I wouldnt say I hate square. I would say im Disappointed. I mean....Huge Delays on games. KH3(Not announced) FFV13, FF Agito. I can't hate square enix.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#137 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Well, Square said that they didn't feel that they could "create an open world game like western developers and still tell a story," but I don't think they referenced this afterwards. I know they said something, but I don't think it was this.

Which was a misinterpretation of western expectations to some degree. They're just generally very confused about the whole linearity thing.

hakanakumono

but fans were not asking for some open world game like shadow of the colossus or fallout or stalker...they were asking for a regular final fantasy...where you could travel through the world map/use an airship to move also, the western thing they said is bs...we received FF13 expecting it to be as good as the previous tittles have been...and if the other tittles have not had a problem with that, then why FF13 did? let me answer you: because the game actually sucks

I don't think fans really know what they want.

Many fans talk about "linearity," when in reality they mean "diversity of/and optional content." Moreover, fans complained about the nonlinearity of FFXII. A lot. More than that, FFXIII was originally less linear but was changed to be more linear so "it would be less confusing," which probably suggests that focus groups originally complained about more complicated areas in the game like the areas where Lightning makes reference to more complicated map designs that are now completely linear.

Playing FFXIII and FFX back to back and comparing actual map design, the dungeon design is very similar, but FFXIII is actually often more open than FFX and offers more to explore on the sides and more optional routes. I don't think it's the actual linearity of these dungeons that bothers people so much as how obvious it is. FFX was split into multiple maps and utilized set camera angles that masked the linearity and element of "moving forward." They were also much smaller so the length of the main path didn't make it as obvious how prominent it was. Perception is everything (yet I do think FFX is a less linear game in a broader sense).

How do world maps make a game better or worse?

I don't think FFXIII "sucks," especially not based on the idea that it's not designed exactly like previous FF games which were flawed in their own right. FFXIII offers what is probably the best battle system in the series, and passable design as a game. Yet the lack of diversity in content, the poor pacing and use of resources, as well as the failure to tell and communicate a decent story bring it down.

the point of making a turn based game is basically to allow you control your whole party at once...without having to use a "swap button" that might cut the action/focus...and since you can only control 1 char in FFXIII I really dont see why they didnt made the game in a kingdom heart style...where you only controlled one character and had 2 AI support characters behind you
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

SE is OK on handhelds so I'm not worried about the 3rd birthday or Agito but they are sucking a lot lately on Home consoles so i'm worried about their home consoles projects.

finalfantasy94

Alot? All I can recall is ff13 and imo that was good. Besides that I dont remember any other home console games. All iv seen from them is handheld stuff.

FF13 was a good game but it didn't feel like playing a JRPG, Star ocean 4 an OK game, Front mission evolved sucked hard, Nier (I enjoyed it especially the music) but overall it was an average game, Infinite undiscovery below average and The last remnant was good but also bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#139 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

i hate square-enix for ff 13 and 14, but they get a pass for kh: bbs

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#140 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

I started hating square when they started making crap rpg's. They know the're crap.

Shin Megami Tensei is where it's all at now. I've moved on, eff you square.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#141 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I don't hate SE. I just hate being disappointed with some of the games I love not being what I hoped. Maybe it's me for having hopes, but it's also fair share on their part. They shouldn't hype things for me that they don't deliver.