Square knows you hate them

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

But they just wanted to let you know that they're trying to make The 3rd Birthday the "highest rated PSP game" (ever?) and to please trust them (also with Agito). Even though you'll still hate them for being on the PSP.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/09/the-3rd-birthday-director-wants-to-earn-your-trust/

Parasite Eve is one of the major IPs Square is trying to resurrect along with Front Mission (which did terribly, but wasn't made by Square). Oh and Europe is confirmed for both PE games on PSN, so keep an eye out.

I'm too lazy to go back in time and grab these sources, so please trust me. I assure you this is some of the most "reliable information on system wars."

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts

we got reasons for our hate, they dun goof'd up this gen and for giving the PS3 the cold shoulder

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Hmm so basically square did the whole "I got this bro" routine? It looks good from what I've seen though so maybe we should cut them some slack.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

I hate them because they take a great game, like KH, make a sequel with an unnecessary plot, then make 30 spin offs rather than making an actual SEQUEL!!! I hate square, if they went bankrupt and had to pass up all their franchises to other developers I'd probably throw a parade.

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 J-WOW

Hmm so basically square did the whole "I got this bro" routine? It looks good from what I've seen though so maybe we should cut them some slack.

Espada12
NO, thats just wat they want. They have been pretty meh this gen and we need to make sure they get back on track
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hakanakumono

we got reasons for our hate, they dun goof'd up this gen and for giving the PS3 the cold shoulder

J-WOW

They basically tried to create a single engine for any potential project they would ever want to do on PS3, but it turned out to be a terrible idea and it took them forever.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hakanakumono

I hate them because they take a great game, like KH, make a sequel with an unnecessary plot, then make 30 spin offs rather than making an actual SEQUEL!!! I hate square, if they went bankrupt and had to pass up all their franchises to other developers I'd probably throw a parade.

RandomWinner

What KH game doesn't have an unnecessary plot?

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
They need to realese FF VS XIII and KH3 then i'll forgive them for those horrible games they realesed.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Good. That saves me from having to actually tell them.What the hell are they doing and why does everything the do suck lately?

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

I hate them because they take a great game, like KH, make a sequel with an unnecessary plot, then make 30 spin offs rather than making an actual SEQUEL!!!RandomWinner

Erm. Birth by sleep is a good prequel and the only spinoff you should care about is Chain of Memories.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
I trust nomura, is he is handling most of the upcoming projects. The rest of SE has almost lost all of my trust. :|
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 J-WOW
I trust nomura, is he is handling most of the upcoming projects. The rest of SE has almost lost all of my trust. :|110million
lets hope he doesnt goof up
Chubith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chubith
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

I stopped hating them after I realised that they will never reclaim the glory of the old days simply due to nostalgia. FFXIII was alright, but such a disappointment. I would love a classic square soft rpg, too bad square soft doesn't exist anymore.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#14 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

Well, as long as they know :)

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Just release KH3 on HD consoles already dang it!!!!!

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johny300
Tatsuya momoura is just milking KH series, for gods sake give me KH3.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hakanakumono

I trust nomura, is he is handling most of the upcoming projects. The rest of SE has almost lost all of my trust. :|110million

Nomura isn't really "handling" T3B or Agito.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

[QUOTE="RandomWinner"]

hakanakumono

What KH game doesn't have an unnecessary plot?

Everything after the first. The first was great, but can anybody say that they cared about Roxas at all and were happy with the start? I got over played the game, and enjoyed it. Then I started waiting for a sequel on the PS3 (or 360) but they won't deliver. I wish that 1. They kept it simple and 2. They'd at least announce KH3 before GT5 came out. It's milking at its finest.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

i want to see parasite eve and kingdom hearts on the ps3, not the psp.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hakanakumono

lazerface216

It's going to happen, but they can't justify creating a PS3 game from the get go. PE has always been associated with extremely high graphics (which is why T3B looks so good) and it's been 10 years since they've released anything PE. Costs have risen exponentially and they're going to test the waters first. But they're talking as if a PS3 title is assured.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

SE is OK on handhelds so I'm not worried about the 3rd birthday or Agito but they are sucking a lot lately on Home consoles so i'm worried about their home consoles projects.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

hakanakumono

It's going to happen, but they can't justify creating a PS3 game from the get go. PE has always been associated with extremely high graphics (which is why T3B looks so good) and it's been 10 years since they've released anything PE. Costs have risen exponentially and they're going to test the waters first. But they're talking as if a PS3 title is assured.

i hope you're right.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

i hope you're right.

The level of transparency and enthusiasm regarding T3B and the "rebirth of the PE IP" has been ridiculously high. So I'm optimistic.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johny300
Is the 3rd birthday a sequal to parasite eve 2?
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

They ever get around to releasing the games they've been talking about for years and they'll start feeling the love again from a lot of gamers...

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johny300
I remember the girl with the glasses in PE2 ewww lol.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
They dun goof'd. The mighty have fallen. Say whatever you want. At the end of the day, SE need to step their game up.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hakanakumono

Is the 3rd birthday a sequal to parasite eve 2?johny300

It's the sequel to the PE series as a continuation of Aya's story, but not as a continuation of the mitochondria story. In a way T3B is a sequel to PE2 specifically because it deals with Kyle and Eve (#2). It's supposed to be the first in a number of new PE titles.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#29 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
square is just wayyyyyy too lazy IMO...also they never listen to the fans, and always throw excuses about how their latest games have not sucked...pls almost every person who played FFXIII hated the game or didnt thought it was close to the FF standards, and what did square do? they just said "oh, its a great game, they just received the game with too much a western standards lulz" yeah that must be the problem!...we received the game with western standards...so thats why we also thought that games like FFVII, VIII, IX and X sucked... if they want to earn my trust back...they should just stop being lazy and support more consoles with GOOD games...a FFVIII remake would be awesome to see..with voice acting and all that crap...they already have the engine so it wouldnt take much to develop and it would sell faster than cinnamon rolls...or at least bring dissidia to the PS3...come on, its a FIGHTING game! one of the easiest (if not THE easiest) genre to develop
caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

Enix and Taito are the only parts of Square Enix that I care about anymore. I really don't care what happens to Square anymore.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hakanakumono

They ever get around to releasing the games they've been talking about for years and they'll start feeling the love again from a lot of gamers...

santoron

T3B - Early next year

FFXIII Versus - Probably early 2012

FFXIII Agito - Earlier than Versus

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 johny300

[QUOTE="johny300"]Is the 3rd birthday a sequal to parasite eve 2?hakanakumono

It's the sequel to the PE series as a continuation of Aya's story, but not as a continuation of the mitochondria story. In a way T3B is a sequel to PE2 specifically because it deals with Kyle and Eve (#2). It's supposed to be the first in a number of new PE titles.

Thanks i'll get it when it's realesed :).
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hakanakumono

square is just wayyyyyy too lazy IMO...also they never listen to the fans, and always throw excuses about how their latest games have not sucked...pls almost every person who played FFXIII hated the game or didnt thought it was close to the FF standards, and what did square do? they just said "oh, its a great game, they just received the game with too much a western standards lulz" yeah that must be the problem!...we received the game with western standards...so thats why we also thought that games like FFVII, VIII, IX and X sucked... if they want to earn my trust back...they should just stop being lazy and support more consoles with GOOD games...a FFVIII remake would be awesome to see..with voice acting and all that crap...they already have the engine so it wouldnt take much to develop and it would sell faster than cinnamon rolls...or at least bring dissidia to the PS3...come on, its a FIGHTING game! one of the easiest (if not THE easiest) genre to developlightleggy

They actually explained that with FFXIII the development of the engine absorbed all their time and resources and took them a lot longer than it they anticipated, and they didn't succeed in creating what they wanted. Because their projects relied on the engine, they were at a standstill and by the time FFXIII statrted production time and money limitations forced them to prioritize what they felt was the most important in favor of passing on th very things people would complain about once it was released.

Which is part of why we saw nothing but shots of FMV for quite some time.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]square is just wayyyyyy too lazy IMO...also they never listen to the fans, and always throw excuses about how their latest games have not sucked...pls almost every person who played FFXIII hated the game or didnt thought it was close to the FF standards, and what did square do? they just said "oh, its a great game, they just received the game with too much a western standards lulz" yeah that must be the problem!...we received the game with western standards...so thats why we also thought that games like FFVII, VIII, IX and X sucked... if they want to earn my trust back...they should just stop being lazy and support more consoles with GOOD games...a FFVIII remake would be awesome to see..with voice acting and all that crap...they already have the engine so it wouldnt take much to develop and it would sell faster than cinnamon rolls...or at least bring dissidia to the PS3...come on, its a FIGHTING game! one of the easiest (if not THE easiest) genre to develophakanakumono

They actually explained that with FFXIII the development of the engine absorbed all their time and resources and took them a lot longer than it they anticipated, and they didn't succeed in creating what they wanted. Because their projects relied on the engine, they were at a standstill and by the time FFXIII statrted production time and money limitations forced them to prioritize what they felt was the most important in favor of passing on th very things people would complain about once it was released.

I know....but my point is that they tried to justify the fact that the game sucked with "oh its because you guys met the game with western POV but the game is actually great it was definitly worth the 4 or 5 years that you waited since the first announcement until its release"
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I do not hate Square I'm just very disappointed with them this gen.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]square is just wayyyyyy too lazy IMO...also they never listen to the fans, and always throw excuses about how their latest games have not sucked...pls almost every person who played FFXIII hated the game or didnt thought it was close to the FF standards, and what did square do? they just said "oh, its a great game, they just received the game with too much a western standards lulz" yeah that must be the problem!...we received the game with western standards...so thats why we also thought that games like FFVII, VIII, IX and X sucked... if they want to earn my trust back...they should just stop being lazy and support more consoles with GOOD games...a FFVIII remake would be awesome to see..with voice acting and all that crap...they already have the engine so it wouldnt take much to develop and it would sell faster than cinnamon rolls...or at least bring dissidia to the PS3...come on, its a FIGHTING game! one of the easiest (if not THE easiest) genre to developlightleggy

I know....but my point is that they tried to justify the fact that the game sucked with "oh its because you guys met the game with western POV but the game is actually great it was definitly worth the 4 or 5 years that you waited since the first announcement until its release"

Well, Square said that they didn't feel that they could "create an open world game like western developers and still tell a story," but I don't think they referenced this afterwards. I know they said something, but I don't think it was this.

Which was a misinterpretation of western expectations to some degree. They're just generally very confused about the whole linearity thing.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

My faith in Square has lessened with each generation since the PS1 days. I don't know if it's possible for them to recover in my eyes; although, I do think their handhelds games are much better than their console games and definitely worth looking into. But they don't seem as strong as their past titles.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
third Birthday looks great enough for me to have an urge to play first two Parasite Eve games to just see what the whole shebang is about.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#39 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

I wish they would just release KH3 and TWEWY 2 instead of making all these spinoffs and remakes.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hakanakumono

third Birthday looks great enough for me to have an urge to play first two Parasite Eve games to just see what the whole shebang is about.funsohng

Chances are you'll get to before it comes out. Especially if you have access to the JP PSN, which already has them on it. But idk if you speak Japanese.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Well, Square said that they didn't feel that they could "create an open world game like western developers and still tell a story," but I don't think they referenced this afterwards. I know they said something, but I don't think it was this.

Which was a misinterpretation of western expectations to some degree. They're just generally very confused about the whole linearity thing.

but fans were not asking for some open world game like shadow of the colossus or fallout or stalker...they were asking for a regular final fantasy...where you could travel through the world map/use an airship to move also, the western thing they said is bs...we received FF13 expecting it to be as good as the previous tittles have been...and if the other tittles have not had a problem with that, then why FF13 did? let me answer you: because the game actually sucks
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

I don't hate them, but I am somewhat disappointed in some of their games.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Even though some here will hate Equare-Enix, but a new character for the upcoming new Final Fantasy: Dissidia 012 has been revealed.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasonharris48

Even though some here will hate Equare-Enix, but a new character for the upcoming new Final Fantasy: Dissidia 012 has been revealed.

thom_maytees

You just gave me another reason to be disappointed in Square lol. Out of all the male characters in FFXII they picked Vaan?

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lightleggy

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

jasonharris48

You just gave me another reason to be disappointed in Square lol. Out of all the male characters in FFXII they picked Vaan?

oh dear...I dont feel any regret for not playing FFXII after remembering that the main char looks extremely...ehm...disgusting to say the least
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

jasonharris48

Damn,that´s the worst possible choice...

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

lightleggy

oh dear...I dont feel any regret for not playing FFXII after remembering that the main char looks extremely...ehm...disgusting to say the least

I loved FFXII for the most part. But I hated Vaan and Penelo, they were such awful characters.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

jasonharris48

Should have been Ashe. I don't have a problem with Vaan though. Except for upside down abs.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] You just gave me another reason to be disappointed in Square lol. Out of all the male characters in FFXII they picked Vaan?

jasonharris48

I loved FFXII for the most part. But I hated Vaan and Penelo, they were such awful characters.

They were barely there enough for me to have something to base my hate on.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

hakanakumono

Should have been Ashe. I don't have a problem with Vaan though. Except for upside down abs.

I was hoping for Ashe or Basch.