Spider-Man 2: 8/10 GS, 90MC UPDATE: 5 million copies over 10 days!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23037 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:
@freedomfreak said:

Dull franchise. Wish Insomniac would do something good. PS5 might have something worth playing next year.

Third game doing the exact same stuff.... Diminishing returns are real. I too hope insomniac gets to be freed from sequals....

What sequel doesn’t build on the original 😎

In meaningful ways? Spiderman 2 seemingly.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8480 Posts

Gamespot posted "Every GameSpot 10/10 Review Score" on the front page.

They only really post this when a 10/10 game is upon us.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11277 Posts

@davillain said:

Oh yeah, a Spider-Man 2 thread now becomes a Starfield topic all of a sudden? How ironic😏

LOL! It's not our fault everything was riding on Starfield to save Xbox. Now MS has to keep spending billions they'll never make back trying to play catch-up in the video game market. Go, Spidey, Go! Maybe Uncle Phil can still pay for some GotY noms.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Needed to dust this one off. lolol :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#305 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44679 Posts

@SecretPolice: Always love me the classics. LOL

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Archangel3371

@jaydan: I think they did this for the recent Baldur’s Gate III review.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#307 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70616 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL! It's not our fault everything was riding on Starfield to save Xbox. Now MS has to keep spending billions they'll never make back trying to play catch-up in the video game market. Go, Spidey, Go! Maybe Uncle Phil can still pay for some GotY noms.

Except for the fact everything was not riding on Starfield.🤭

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#308 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@gifford38: Part of the Bungie deal was that Bungie would never be made to make exclusive games... For 3.4B Sony didn't tell them to f**k off with that? :-S

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#309 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4587 Posts

I really want to play Spiderman 2, but with my limited gaming time, I will end up waiting for a sale. No need paying $70 for something I won't have time to play for a month or two.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#310  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13126 Posts

@gifford38 said:

what video did you watch or play? starfield is more cut and paste from fallout. starfield ambition is over 10 years to late. fast travel to fast travel to load screen to load screen over and over again.

ancominac changed the combat, side missions are different, the traverse is different but again its a sequel. do gamers expect a 100% different game?

thats like xbox fans expecting Halo not to be Halo.

Microsoft left overs? more like lets buy ever third party. then get credit for it like they started the developer.

you expect destiny to be sony game only to?

This game is like 30 years old in game play. It's cut and paste from the last 25 Spider-Man games. Starfield is new and ambitious.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 KvallyX

12 months....no games...then finally a game....and it's a 8.

😂

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16617 Posts

@SecretPolice: lmfao 🤣, that one is definitely a classic

I give it an 8/10

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1410 Posts

Poor Spidey. He just wanted his time in the lime light. XD

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

what video did you watch or play? starfield is more cut and paste from fallout. starfield ambition is over 10 years to late. fast travel to fast travel to load screen to load screen over and over again.

ancominac changed the combat, side missions are different, the traverse is different but again its a sequel. do gamers expect a 100% different game?

Microsoft left overs? more like lets buy ever third party. then get credit for it like they started the developer.

This game is like 30 years old in game play. It's cut and paste from the last 25 Spider-Man games. Starfield is new and ambitious.

🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 KvallyX

@Chutebox said:
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7102 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

This is trolling right? Starfield feels like a Fall out 4 mod in space. It feels like every Bethesda game since Oblivion.

Spiderman 2018 set the bar. So you can argue its to similar to that but every Spider-Man game before that was average at best.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Silentchief
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I give it an 8/10

91 MC. That puts it ahead of any Xbox release this year. It's also Insomniacs first 9+ on Metacritic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Pedro

Since we are on the topic of Starfield....😂

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Except for the fact everything was not riding on Starfield.🤭

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts
@silentchief said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I give it an 8/10

91 MC. That puts it ahead of any Xbox release this year. It's also Insomniacs first 9+ on Metacritic.

Yep per usual, Sony killing it and MS fannies still waiting for greatness.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:

Tell me why I am upset.🤭 I will wait.😌

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@silentchief said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I give it an 8/10

Spyro 3 and 2 PS2 Ratchet & Clank have scored over 90, but for almost 20 years, yes, kudos to insomniac.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Silentchief

@me2002 said:
@silentchief said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I give it an 8/10

Spyro 3 and 2 PS2 Ratchet & Clank have scored over 90, but for almost 20 years, yes, kudos to insomniac.

Aww nice! Yea i forgot how long ago that was. Congrats to them!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@kvallyx said:

This is trolling right? Starfield feels like a Fall out 4 mod in space. It feels like every Bethesda game since Oblivion.

Spiderman 2018 set the bar. So you can argue its to similar to that but every Spider-Man game before that was average at best.

This is trolling right? Spider-Man 2018 and Miles Morales feels like almost every Spider-Man before it for the past 25 years. They should have just called this Spider-Man 26. Or Spider-Man 1 ReReReReReReReRe-Mastered.

Starfield feels and plays nothing like FO4. It may be like Skyrim in space, but it's still better than any Spider-Man game, even after 40 Spider-Man games have been released.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Silentchief

@kvallyx said:
@silentchief said:
@kvallyx said:

This is trolling right? Spider-Man 2018 and Miles Morales feels like almost every Spider-Man before it for the past 25 years. They should have just called this Spider-Man 26. Or Spider-Man 1 ReReReReReReReRe-Mastered.

Starfield feels and plays nothing like FO4. It may be like Skyrim in space, but it's still better than any Spider-Man game, even after 40 Spider-Man games have been released.

Yea this is just a shitty take. I don't think you ever really played Spider-Man games before. There is only one other that had decent web-swinging. The combat on the other's were trash as well.

It plays worse actually. The shooting especially feels far worse. It's not better then Spider-Man by any metric other then your opinion. Lower GS score, lower Metacritic score.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 KvallyX

@silentchief said:

Yea this is just a shitty take. I don't think you ever really played Spider-Man games before. There is only one other that had decent web-swinging. The combat on the other's were trash as well.

It plays worse actually. The shooting especially feels far worse. It's not better then Spider-Man by any metric other then your opinion. Lower GS score, lower Metacritic score.

Now we know you are just trolling after that^ post. You got us!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23037 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@silentchief said:
@kvallyx said:

Whoa whoa whoa.... Nobody gets the Rererererere mastered treatment unless you're a creatively absent developer like Naughty dog....

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 KvallyX

@TheEroica said:
@kvallyx said:

Whoa whoa whoa.... Nobody gets the Rererererere mastered treatment unless you're a creatively absent developer like Naughty dog....

I stand corrected! Please do forgive my lapse in judgement. I want 20 web lashings from you come this Friday!

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Silentchief

@kvallyx said:
@TheEroica said:
@kvallyx said:

I stand corrected! Please do forgive my lapse in judgement. I want 20 web lashings from you come this Friday!

This really says it all.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@kvallyx said:
@TheEroica said:
@kvallyx said:

This really says it all.

As does this..

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16617 Posts

@silentchief: lmfao 🤣 I've never seen so much butt hurt and cows getting triggered than spiderman 2 getting an 8. So sad, so so sad 😔 Like I could care about your bs metacritic score. Us lems are feasting right now.

Putting this butt hurt aside, Personally, my thoughts on spiderman is one of the only franchises worth getting a ps5 for.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Silentchief

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@silentchief: lmfao 🤣 I've never seen so much butt hurt and cows getting triggered than spiderman 2 getting an 8. So sad, so so sad 😔 Like I could care about your bs metacritic score. Us lems are feasting right now.

Putting this butt hurt aside, Personally, my thoughts on spiderman is one of the only franchises worth getting a ps5 for.

Why would cows be butthurt? It's harder to get a 9+ on metacritic then a 9 on Gamespot. Companies care about the Metascore they don't give two shits about gamespot. If you care about Gamespot scores what are you feasting on exactly? Starfield was a 7 🤣.

Spiderman 2 could have got a 6 on GS and I would have bought it Day 1. I love this franchise.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Pedro

When GS score hurts MC comes to rescue.😂

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 653 Posts

I wonder if the open world is a slog like the first game

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@Pedro:

Yeah imagine in the entire world only GS has a review of a video game or movie. Lul

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Pedro

@eni232 said:

@Pedro:

Yeah imagine in the entire world only GS has a review of a video game or movie. Lul

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45581 Posts

lems still upset about Starfield getting a 7 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

lems still upset about Starfield getting a 7 😂

And you all still talking about Starfield in a Spiderman 2 thread.😂

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Another overrated Sony cartoony game! This game ain't no 90 Bias media once again! 😆

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45581 Posts

^ got ‘em! 😁

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#341 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39906 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Another overrated Sony cartoony game! This game ain't no 90 Bias media once again! 😆

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 ENI232

@Pedro:

Good one Pedro. It's on your iq level. Chimpanzees started hearing crickets.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Pedro

@eni232 said:

@Pedro:

Good one Pedro. It's on your iq level. Chimpanzees started hearing crickets.

Not only did you miss the fact that I am communicating on your level, you make it more challenging by dropping lower.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Savage. 😅

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11277 Posts

LOL @ all the lems still upset that Spidey 2 did a Mexican hat dance all over Xbox's releases this year. I guess they think we're supposed to be jealous of Redfall or something

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 ENI232

@Pedro:

I'm surprised you were able to find this website today Pedro.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#347 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Look forward to playing this. After starfield

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Pedro

@cainetao11 said:

Look forward to playing this. After starfield

How far are you in Starfield? Are you sidequesting or doing the main mission?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1445 Posts

🐃🐄🐂 really struggling with the simple concept of GS review first metacritic second,thats why when a score prediction for a game thread is made everyone gives their prediction as GS?? Meta ??.

You may not like it but crymore bitches.

Yes thats right spiderman scored better than Starfield 👍

But TLOU,TLOU2,Spiderman,Siderman 2,HZD,HFW Ghosts of tsunami and GOWR couldn't outscore xbox studios Hi-Fi rush.

You live by the scores,you die by them OOOOOOOOOF

Deal with it

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@hardwenzen: Halo and Forza Motorsport both outscored Spider-Man 2 on Gamespot! 😂 No need to be Upset! 😂