Sony Will Not Be Focusing on Vita At All For TGS

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

As if you needed or wanted any more proof that Sony has completely and entirely given up on the PlayStation Vita, basically treating it as dead beyond enlisting some indie developers to make their games compatible with the system- if somehow, after E3 2012, E3 2013, Gamescom 2013, E3 2014, and Gamescom 2014, you still needed proof that Sony doesn't give a damn, that the Vita is all but dead to them internally, here it is.

TGS will not showcase any Vita games. Sony's internal teams in Japan as well are only going to show PS4 games.

Why is this a big deal you ask? Well, let me walk you through it one by one:

• Earlier this year, Sony explicitly confirms its western teams will not release any more AAA content for the Vita.
  • At the same time, they confirm indie games, and major games from Sony Japan, will continue to come.
  • Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, and Oreshika seem to be good steps towards Sony Japan actually coming through on that promise. It looks like Sony's western branches will focus on PS4, and Japanese branches on Vita, which is a fair compromise.
  • Vita gets royally ignored at E3 and Gamescom- in keeping with the idea that only Sony Japan will focus on the Vita now, that can still be excused with the assumption that there will be new Vita content at TGS.
  • Sony announces a full PS4 focus for Vita.

So... good going guys. The Vita is dead. I would say long live Vita, but that would be hilariously incorrect, since the Vita never lived to begin with, Sony saw to that.

SOURCE

EDIT: There was some slight incorrect comprehension on my part of the NeoGAF translation in my original OP, where I thought Sony had said there will be no sign of the Vita at TGS, whereas it turns out that was talking about no sign of the Vita in the interview itself. Nonetheless, the point of Vita abandonment of course stands, since Sony will be focusing on PS4 over Vita for TGS, so by all means, carry on. I have edited the title and OP to reflect the actual proper meaning, however.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@speak_low said:

Why didn't you post the original title of your linked NeoGaf thread: Shu Yoshida: PS4 will be heavily focused on at TGS

We cows don't care for Vita (happy to announce its death so Sony can throw it off the balcony and move on), and constantly holding out hope for The Last Guardian news is a waste of time (that's like making a thread "There is no mention of Metroid U to announce this time, sorry!")

There's more positives hidden in that thread regarding Sony and Japan/TGS, but those were not highlighted at all. HMMMMMM

Because I am making this thread to highlight Sony's mishandling of the Vita, not their great handling of the PS4. Sony's great handling of the PS4 is known, and they get the credit they deserve for that. Sony's terrible handling of the Vita they equally deserve to be called out on, especially since Japan was the last region focusing on Vita. The intent of this thread, therefore, is to talk about the Vita being a no-show (as in, at all). Not the PS4 being shown off.

And your Metroid and The Last Guardian analogy is laughable. The difference is, one game was shown off, promised for a release date, and then delayed. The other does not exist except for in wishlists.

It seems to me that you are so heavily invested in Sony, you can't handle any criticism leveled at them, even when they deserve it. That strikes me as very interesting

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Vita means death.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Even though I really do hate how sony is handling the vita right now sony needs to try as much as possible to salvage the playstation 4 in Japan even though they may fail at doing this by the end of the gen in Japan.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@super600 said:

Even though I really do hate how sony is handling the vita right now sony needs to try as much as possible to salvage the playstation 4 in Japan even though they may fail at doing this by the end of the gen in Japan.

I don't pay attention to numbers. PS4 is doing poorly in japan?

They just need monster hunter, right?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Not even Nintendo is giving up like this. I know I said this before, but still...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@speak_low said:

@charizard1605 said:

Because I am making this thread to highlight Sony's mishandling of the Vita, not their great handling of the PS4. Sony's great handling of the PS4 is known, and they get the credit they deserve for that. Sony's terrible handling of the Vita they equally deserve to be called out on, especially since Japan was the last region focusing on Vita. The intent of this thread, therefore, is to talk about the Vita being a no-show (as in, at all). Not the PS4 being shown off.

And your Metroid and The Last Guardian analogy is laughable. The difference is, one game was shown off, promised for a release date, and then delayed. The other does not exist except for in wishlists.

It seems to me that you are so heavily invested in Sony, you can't handle any criticism leveled at them, even when they deserve it. That strikes me as very interesting.

Well I already said I don't care about Vita, and I know Sony messed it up and are unable to bring it back to life. I can handle Sony criticisms. I didn't say "b-b-but Vita turnaround momentums!!" I said "throw it off the balcony." Good riddance.

The Last Guardian sort of exists in that purgatory of gaming, where low expectations exist. Very few think it's actually happening, or believe the game has any development priority now, or is even in any advanced state on the PS4 (it's become a joke at NeoGaf like Rockstar's 'Agent' game).

You put on a quick one-two punch of making two threads in less than 5 seconds with negative Sony news/disappointments, and quietly link to the NeoGaf thread that has a bigger list of other major (positive) news to announce. I don't care about Sony criticism (there's knocks on Sony all over the first few pages), and I'm not asking for only positive Sony news posted here. But what's up with making two threads back to back so quickly, over two things most Cows don't even care that much about?

If I made two threads back to back about Nintendo, and link to a thread with a list of some good Nintendo news and developments, I doubt both of my threads would stay open. HMMMMM

Look, at the end of the day, it's not that big of a deal. There's threads all over the place. But you activated my suspicious mind with two "Bad News, Sony Peeps" threads made within a minute. You activated my HMMMM.

The extremely funny thing is, I don't seem to activate your HMMM when I post negative news about Nintendo. Or positive news about Sony.

Why would both your threads not stay open? As a matter of fact, when has any of your threads ever actually been locked? Make a thread either with proper discussion that does not overlap, or with new material, backed by sources, and not repeated in a thread elsewhere, it doesn't matter who the thread is negative about. This is System Wars. The point of this forum is to get on the three console manufacturer's case. Unfortunately, that also includes Sony and PS4, which yes, is the veritable God Machine, but is still prone to tripping every so often.

Was that Wii U comeback comment directed at me? I find that so amusing- I have always maintained that system has no chance of making any real, sustained, viable comeback. I have always claimed it is irrelevant to the larger industry, and Nintendo's best bet is to just support it for the shortest amount of acceptable period before trying again. I think you confuse my getting happy about good Wii U sales (just FYI, I also get happy about good Vita and 3DS sales- you see, I have no issues with systems selling well at all, unlike so many people on this board) with some sort of misplaced idea that I actually think the Wii U has a shot of a legitimate comeback or something.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bigboi500
Loading Video...

@speak_low: Here's something you should watch and maybe then re-think your fanboy life.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#11 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

If Sony starts considering putting out another handheld, they are going to have to be pretty focused in their direction and upfront about what they want it to be for me to even start considering getting it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

You can say whatever you want. I'll be playing Tales of Hearts R, Freedom Wars, Oreshika, Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited, Velocity 2X, CounterSpy, Abe's Oddysey, Hotline Miami 2 on my Vita :) Also, it's also impossible to say Sony will completely pull the plug when it's doing alright in Japan. Also, Shahid from Sony will continue to hook us up with indies which most of the time are just naturally better on a portable. And then there's remote play which is actually not bad.

But anyway, can't really blame Sony. They did get their first party to make some great games for Vita. People just didn't show up to buy it. Real unfortunate, but what can you do.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The Link actually says, "Shu Yoshida: PS4 will be heavily focused on at TGSView First Unread"

No Vita Focus?!!! :)

---

MORE
LOVE
FOR
THE
FOUR!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic: Yo, I'm glad you enjoy your Vita, I still enjoy mine (just played Proteus on it a few hours ago, what a wonderful game, if you have not already, I heavily recommend that you check it out. It's free on PS+, and very short as well, so you can actually finish it in one sitting), but the thing is dead, and I am saying it as it is. You have to accept that, independent of your enjoyment of the system, the Vita is dead. Sony itself doesn't care, and what games you are getting are either Sony games made before they dropped the Vita like a rotten hot potato, or games coming from third parties, for whom it's a simple and cheap matter of making their games Vita compatible, so might as well.

I don't constantly get on the Vita's case out of any misplaced hatred for the system, I get on its case because I have one and I love mine. If Sony hadn't screwed the pooch with it, this would flat out, legitimately, have been the greatest handheld ever made. As it stands now? It's a lot of lost potential, with Sony not caring about it, and it not getting the support it deserves, while an objectively inferior machine got all the first and third party backing and beat it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: Yo, I'm glad you enjoy your Vita, I still enjoy mine (just played Proteus on it a few hours ago, what a wonderful game, if you have not already, I heavily recommend that you check it out. It's free on PS+, and very short as well, so you can actually finish it in one sitting), but the thing is dead, and I am saying it as it is. You have to accept that, independent of your enjoyment of the system, the Vita is dead. Sony itself doesn't care, and what games you are getting are either Sony games made before they dropped the Vita like a rotten hot potato, or games coming from third parties, for whom it's a simple and cheap matter of making their games Vita compatible, so might as well.

I don't constantly get on the Vita's case out of any misplaced hatred for the system, I get on its case because I have one and I love mine. If Sony hadn't screwed the pooch with it, this would flat out, legitimately, have been the greatest handheld ever made. As it stands now? It's a lot of lost potential, with Sony not caring about it, and it not getting the support it deserves, while an objectively inferior machine got all the first and third party backing and beat it.

lol you're funny. do you even read my posts? "But anyway, can't really blame Sony. They did get their first party to make some great games for Vita. People just didn't show up to buy it. Real unfortunate, but what can you do."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@speak_low said:

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal (I think I'll live with negative news posted) and I agree that all consoles are fair game for criticism. I'm not arguing against the posting of bad news. I'm just wondering why two threads were made so quickly when the linked Gaf thread had good news about Sony trying to revive the PS4 in Japan with Morpheus and other things (haven't people been constantly laughing at PS4 sales in Japan and calling it "shit" every week?). We know Sony is doing well elsewhere, but they are attempting to fix things for Japan and (to me and many others) that is equally newsworthy.

But let's move on. I'm not freaking out, just wondering at the news selectivity.

And Bigboi500, sorry, but I ain't watching that. Something tells me it's some 20 year old who finished a semester in Sociology 1, who thinks they see things differently. I have yet to find substantive Youtube wisdom from vids like that. Something also tells me, without clicking on the video, the person talking probably needs a shave and/or shower.

Let me guess what he says - we should stop arguing and play the games. Wow, he's deep. I never heard that before.

See, to me, Sony working overtime to fix the PS4 is not news. I would expect nothing less from them, I have great respect for how they handle their consoles, and after they took literally a billion dollar hit to get the PS3 back on track last generation, I know they will always treat their consoles with respect. That's not news to me. That's something I take for granted, as does everybody- it's a PlayStation console, of course it will have Sony's full backing.

But their handhelds? Why are their handhelds treated as second class citizens? As a handheld gamer myself, as someone who gets excited by their machines, as someone who loved the PSP in spite of all the shit leveled at it by Sony, I find that troubling and disrespectful towards a certain segment of their customers (that just so happens to include me too). I know, the argument is, their handhelds are stupid little side projects, who cares anyway, drop them and move on, focus on the consoles- you know what, if Sony really doesn't care about the handheld market, why did it bother putting out two of them anyway? They released those two handhelds, they sold them with the promise of lots of premium high end support. The Vita is a $250 (for many, $300) investment, bought into because Sony promised a lot of games, not indie ports, glorified HD collections, and it being reduced to a PS4 accessory. If Sony treats it bad, then I, as a PS Vita consumer, have full right to call them out on it, and I will continue to do so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic: So you agree the Vita is dead and Sony has moved on? Whatever the reason, it sounds like you agree that Sony has moved on and the Vita is dead. You argue this is because they made an effort with first party games and no one bought them.

Speaking of which...

I read it. I completely disagree that Sony made a legitimate effort with the Vita. Hence my argument.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500

@speak_low: No. He points out how these company leaders are all really friends who get along, and that it's just the stupid tools (aka fanboys) who piss and moan about pieces of plastic.

You know, System Wars is great for light-hearted ribbing and silliness. We all enjoy it in moderation and for laughs. It's when people get serious about hating the comp that things get creepy and stupid. I read your posts and how you go on and on, and are so serious about the hating that it seems to play a big part in your life.

You go on and on about sales as if they're the everything about everything. What did you do last gen when Wii shat all over both Sony and Microsoft? Things change all the time in the industry, and fans shouldn't have vendetta's and live the video game business instead of just simply enjoying it the way those companies intended you to.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

@charizard1605:why did you change the original title of the article which is not talking about the vita ?!

you are a mod here you should not post misleading titles like trolls do here ...shame on you

no wonder this place is like a ghost town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@shadiezz2012 said:

@charizard1605:why did you change the original title of the article which is not talking about the vita ?!

you are a mod here you should not post misleading titles ...shame on you

@charizard1605 said:

Incidentally, if you can point out anything misleading about my title, I will edit it to whatever you want. The title is not misleading- just focusing on a different aspect of the discussion than the GAF thread.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: I read it. I completely disagree that Sony made a legitimate effort with the Vita. Hence my argument.

PS Vita

SCEA Launch Day Titles
Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048

Launch Window Titles
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13

Third Party Publisher Launch Day Titles

Army Corps of HellSquare Enix, Inc.
Asphalt InjectionUbisoft, Inc.
BEN10 GALACTIC RACINGD3 Publisher of America
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTENDAksys Games Localization, Inc.
Dungeon Hunter AllianceUbisoft, Inc.
Dynasty Warriors NextTecmo Koei America Corporation
F1 2011Codemasters
EA SPORTS FIFA SoccerElectronic Arts, Inc.
Lumines Electronic SymphonyUbisoft, Inc.
Michael Jackson The ExperienceUbisoft, Inc.
Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only)Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Rayman OriginsUbisoft, Inc.
Shinobido 2: Revenge of ZenNamco Bandai Games America Inc.
Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs (PSN Only)Drinkbox Studios
Touch My KatamariNamco Bandai Games America Inc.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour EditionSega of America

Launch Window Titles

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7Warner Bros. Interactive Ent. Inc.
Disgaea 3: Absence of DetentionNIS America, Inc.
NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUSTecmo Koei America Corporation
Ridge RacerNamco Bandai Games America Inc.
Silent Hill Book of MemoriesKonami Digital Ent. America, Inc.
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted505 Games

3DS launch

• Pilotwings Resort – Nintendo
  • Steel Diver – Nintendo
  • nintendogs + cats – Nintendo
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition – CAPCOM
  • The Sims 3 – EA
  • Madden NFL Football – EA SPORTS
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D – Konami
  • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars – LucasArts
  • RIDGE RACER 3D – NAMCO BANDAI
  • Super Monkey Ball 3D – SEGA
  • BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE – Square-Enix
  • SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles – TECMO KOEI
  • Asphalt 3D – UBISOFT
  • Combat of Giants Dinosaurs 3D – UBISOFT
  • Rayman 3D – UBISOFT
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars – UBISOFT

PSP launch

TitlePublisher
Ape Escape: On the LooseSCEA
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos TowerCapcom
Dynasty WarriorsKoei
Gretzky NHLSCEA
LuminesUbisoft
Metal Gear AcidKonami
NBASCEA
Need for Speed: Underground RivalsElectronic Arts
NFL Street 2 UnleashedElectronic Arts
Ridge RacerNamco Bandai Games
Spider-Man 2Activision
Tiger Woods PGA TourElectronic Arts
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 RemixActivision
Twisted Metal: Head-OnSCEA
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the BladeSony Online Entertainment
Wipeout PureSCEA
World Tour SoccerSCEA

Available shortly thereafter:[2]

TitlePublisher
Dead to Rights ReckoningNamco Bandai Games
Midnight Club 3: DUB EditionRockstar Games
MVP BaseballElectronic Arts
Smart BombEidos Interactive
Hot Shots Golf: Open TeeSCEA
NBA Street ShowdownElectronic Arts
Rengoku: Tower of PurgatoryKonami
FIFA SoccerElectronic Arts
ATV Offroad Fury : Blazin' TrailsSCEA
MLBSCEA
MercuryIgnition Entertainment

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Heirren said:

@super600 said:

I don't pay attention to numbers. PS4 is doing poorly in japan?

They just need monster hunter, right?

FF is bigger than monster hunter but not bigger than dragon quest or pokemon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic: Stop listing third party shit. I am talking about Sony's games, not third party games.

You want to know something amazing? Even when Sony managed to score some legitimately 'big' content for the Vita- Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, or their own in house Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway- it all bombed. Do you know why? Because Sony didn't even care to advertise those games. Of course they will flop if no one knows they exist. Sony didn't even care to let people know. You know what I call that? Brace yourself, the answer may shock you: a lack of effort.

You think just putting the games (on a poorly performing machine) without getting the word out there is it, that's the end of it? How in the world will they sell if Sony doesn't advertise them? Why were they not highlighted during Sony's conferences? Why were they not given the marketing push that The Last of Us Remastered, a port, got?

Of course those games didn't sell. That's not the gamers' fault. That's Sony's fault.

Also, why in the world are PSP's launch games listed there?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605:

1. now do the same for 3ds

2. Knack has a score of 54% on metacritic. Shadow Fall, 73%. Point is, Sony knows how to launch a system. Launch games have always been about showcasing the hardware. Vita's launch was actually better than most launches. The games I had then were great.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@shadiezz2012 said:

you are a mod here you should not post misleading titles ...shame on you

@charizard1605 said:

Incidentally, if you can point out anything misleading about my title, I will edit it to whatever you want. The title is not misleading- just focusing on a different aspect of the discussion than the GAF thread.

What was the original title for the article ?! ....you turned something good to something bad somehow

the article isn't talking about vita it talking about sony foucs on ps4 in TGS (which is a very good thing)...also we don't know what sony will do with vita yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic: For what, for 3DS's first party launch games? Lol, 3DS had shit all for launch from Nintendo. it had, what, Pilotwings (lol), Nintendogs (lol), and Steel Diver (loooool)?

My point is Nintendo still stuck with it Nintendo made better games. Sony did not bother sticking with the Vita. Nintendo went out of their way to ensure 3DS games would sell. Sony didn't care. Hence, Nintendo made an effort. Sony did not.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: For what, for 3DS's first party launch games? Lol, 3DS had shit all for launch from Nintendo. it had, what, Pilotwings (lol), Nintendogs (lol), and Steel Diver (loooool)?

My point is Nintendo still stuck with it Nintendo made better games. Sony did not bother sticking with the Vita. Nintendo went out of their way to ensure 3DS games would sell. Sony didn't care. Hence, Nintendo made an effort. Sony did not.

oh come on, they did quite a bit of marketing with Killzone Mercenary. Tearaway was great. LBP Vita is criminally underrated (story mode, level creator, co-op - what handhand has that?). Gravity Rush was a totally unique game. Soul Sacrifice was a breakout hit in Japan (delta version on sale this week!). Freedom Wars will be ok. Murasaki baby! Oreshika is having some legs in Japan. Tales of Hearts R wouldn't be coming if it wasn't for Sony.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Why are you - Charizard - arguing with Speak_Low .. believe me it is useless :)

And yes I agree with Charizard that Nintendo at least is trying to put some effort into reviving WiiU and did put effort before into reviving 3DS while Sony have just abandoned the Vita completely .. But I don't blame Sony because PS4 is doing excellent so they have the privilege to focus on PS4 and forget about the Vita ..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

oh come on, they did quite a bit of marketing with Killzone Mercenary. Tearaway was great. LBP Vita is criminally underrated (story mode, level creator, co-op - what handhand has that?). Gravity Rush was a totally unique game. Soul Sacrifice was a breakout hit in Japan (delta version on sale this week!). Freedom Wars will be ok. Murasaki baby! Oreshika is having some legs in Japan. Tales of Hearts R wouldn't be coming if it wasn't for Sony.

I am not debating the quality of their post launch period games, I am debating the push Sony made for them. Mercenary didn't get any advertising, especially compared to Shadow Fall. Tearaway was released without any ads (some retailers didn't even know when shipments were coming in, and how many), and also, sent out on the same day as Mario and Zelda :| Gravity Rush, same issue, except this one actually sold a little because it had a little advertising. LBP Vita? No marketing. game bombed.

The three games that are a hit in Japan are a hit there because Sony advertises the thing there. They make (or used to make) an effort in Japan. Them not making an effort in the west with their games on Vita is precisely what I am calling them out on. Simply getting games isn't enough, you have to ensure they sell too, and if Nintendo can make a ten year old Zelda game sell on Wii U, with an install base of 3 million, then Sony has no excuse.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Good. Now they need to tell us that they aren't focusing on indie and we have a good conference.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#32 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Vita is a PS4 accessory now.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Well, poop. I was hoping at least some games would be announced or featured. There are definitely some quirky and interesting titles releasing for the Vita I'm highly interested in.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Sad to see Sony completely dropping the Vita like this. The thing had a lot of potential but it simply launched at the wrong time...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

It's a shame that they're seemingly writing off the Vita. Though, any platform can make a miracle comeback to at least sell well enough. That's why the Vita and Wii U shouldn't be declared "failures" until the end of the generation. The PS3 picked up very good sales by the end of the gen despite all of its problems and slow start.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This isn't surprising at all. Sony doesn't make games for the Vita anymore, so they won't have anything to show at TGS.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Good. Handheld gaming sucks.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Heil68 said:

NO

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

It probably has more to do with Japanese corporate culture where they ignore poor-selling properties so to avoid embarrassment. The 3DS was far too important to Nintendo to let that afflict them. Sony? They're too big to realize the importance of the Vita.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

There's not gonna be The Last Guardian there, either. Confirmed by Sony themselves.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Sony needs to stop producing handhelds altogether.

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#42 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts

The Vita could do well in Japan, it won't do PSP numbers but doesn't mean it cant become a viable platform.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

well as long as japanese devs still support it then i guess it doesnt matter if it gets shown off right?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605: I don't think you're ever going to convince him. Since apparently he does this IRL, "also, if people diss my Vita, I be like "yo, the Vita has games" and then I'll name a bunch right in their face to their awe."

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Heil68 said:

+1. good on sony, **** vita and **** handhelds

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

Yes, they will be focusing on the PS4 like the original source claimed.

Which is just what I wanted. I hope we will get alot of announcements because I believe japanese games are the heart of the console industry even if they were weak in the last few years.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Um.... thats a good thing. More focus on PS4 and PSN

And we already knew the VITA is a waste of time and no one would of really cared for anything that was announced for VITA, so at least SONY straight up telling us that they aint gonna talk VITA. Thats a bold and honest move by them. They could of said nothing and people would of either been waiting for something for VITA, or just bash them for ignoring the VITA.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

i love my PSVita and would love some more "AAA" games for it. It sucks that Sony is abandoning a decent handheld system. Not taking anything from the 3DS, as I love that handheld just as much. Both of them have huge potential to last for another 3+ years if they get the support they deserve.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I guess I'll just sell mine... wtf why the hell did I buy this! Put in 100 hrs into P4G and then it collected dust.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Makes me glad I never bought a Vita and bought a 3DS XL instead.