Sony; "We don't buy exclusivity."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RaveRabbid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 RaveRabbid
Member since 2006 • 1587 Posts

Well for Sony, why throw out money to a 3rd party developer when you have a bunch of 1 party developers making games that will probably end up being better than those third party games anyway.

Microsoft has very little first party so why not throw money at third parties.

Sony's 1st party as far as quality of games go is even greater than Nintendo's.

CajunShooter

Only 1 sony madetitle to achieve 8.0 and above

Resistance fall of man AA

The rest have failed

Motorstorm - 7.9

Formula One Championship Edition - 7.2

Genji Days of the Blade - 6.4

NBA 07 - 4.9

Untold Legends Dark Kingdom - 6.0

Infact, Sony's first party initiative has failed miserably compared to the competition
such as MS or Nintendo. Sony and 1st party quality??? Don't make everyone laugh.

More over, the only AAA titles the console has is 3rd party.

The PS2 claim to fame was 3rd Party exclusives. Without 3rd party, the PS3 doesn't exist.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

If I were in a very high position of power at Sony, I'd buy exclusives. Why? Because developers develop games forsystems with the largest userbase and the PS3's userbase is small compared to the competition. Without reasons to buy a PS3, sales start to diminish and the userbase will stay small while the competition just gets larger until the PS3 is forgotten almost completely by developers.

If you aren't going to get exclusives, at least announce a price drop!

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

He's right, PS1 and PS2 got Exclusive because it earned 100 million consoles sold, making developers wanna make games for those systems.
peacebringer

because no games came out until then. :|

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
[QUOTE="Blinblingthing"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

[QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"]"we don't buy exclusives, we lose exclusives" :lol:Yellow_Rose

dont be mad your xbox flop and 360 is likely to follow in its footsteps. All Ms does is throw money around, which shows how much improving they need.

I'm sorry, remind me by how much did the 360 outsold the PS3 last month? ;)

ABout the same amount PS2 outsold 360 by.

Yep, when all else fails, hide under the PS2's skirt

The PS2 didn't stop Sony's game division from lose $1 billion on one quarter alone now did it?

just like how the numbers of 360 breaking is not helping microsft.:twisted:

_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

[QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"]"we don't buy exclusives, we lose exclusives" :lol:hockeyruler12

ownage approved

Ownage sent in mail via UPS to Peter Moore to be approved a second time.

Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
`i dont like Tretton. I perfer Kaz or P.Harrison.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#207 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

[QUOTE="peacebringer"] XBOX is already affordable people don't really care about it, PS3 is also a Blueray player and it has Sony Franchises, People want a PS3 so there waiting for a price drop, if people wanted a Xbox they would already own one. But they don't , if MS drops price with the PS3 it won't matter PS3 will still sell more units. the Xbox 360 core is 299 are people buying it up? no, for people who don't play online the 360 isn't worth it. and market research shows less than 60% of gamers play online anyways. MS console is only appealing to Shooter and online fans.
Yellow_Rose

You never did answer my question.

Name the one and only $400 console to ever sell 10 million units in 13 months.

And which part of "over 80% of people buy their gaming consoles at $199 or less" have you missed in the past 5 generations?

hmm the only $400 console to sell 10 million units in 13 months???? hmmmm there only been 1 $400 console so answer you own ignorant question.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="Blinblingthing"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

[QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"]"we don't buy exclusives, we lose exclusives" :lol:ff7isnumbaone

dont be mad your xbox flop and 360 is likely to follow in its footsteps. All Ms does is throw money around, which shows how much improving they need.

The PS2 didn't stop Sony's game division from lose $1 billion on one quarter alone now did it?

How? It's beating the PS3, and is selling at a higher rate. How is this not helping them? :|

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#209 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="Blinblingthing"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

[QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"]"we don't buy exclusives, we lose exclusives" :lol:Verge_6

How? It's beating the PS3, and is selling at a higher rate. How is this not helping them? :|

Cmon man we saw the Era of PS1 an PS2 the 360 is just not it, it's selling to slow to be the clear Winner. It's slowly dying, The 360 hasn't even sold amillion in 2007. if it did it isn't many more, yeah it sold 13 million but most of those are old Xbox fans the 360 is doing nothing for new owners who never bought a Xbox. Xbox 360 will be lucky to sell 25 million in 4 years. It's true.
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts

SCEA president Jack Tretton says "We have a very different approach to exclusives than some of our competitors. We don't buy exclusivity. We don't fund development. We don't, for lack of a better term, bribe somebody to only do a game on our platform. We earn it."

Is this naive or admirable?

Link

cakeorrdeath

I would say admirable. They're not throwing a bunch of money at a game which could turn out to be unsuccessful and regardless of what half the people here think, multiplat is not a bad thing when you're a gamer. Not everybody wants to own all three systems, so games going multiplat is a benefit for all.
cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts
ps3 is nothing but a sinking ship, the general consumer gets nothing but bad news on it, they don't want it, and if people are waiting for a price drop, heh, they ll be waiting along time, plus ms will just drop the price at the same time, and if they are waiting for the games, they aren't waiting for games on the wii, it has very little and is selling pretty good, the cows are just desperatly throwing buckets over the side to delay the inevitable, the ps3 mistake setting on the bottom of the sea, glub, glub
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

Cmon man we saw the Era of PS1 an PS2 the 360 is just not it, it's selling to slow to be the clear Winner. It's slowly dying, The 360 hasn't even sold amillion in 2007. if it did it isn't many more, yeah it sold 13 million but most of those are old Xbox fans the 360 is doing nothing for new owners who never bought a Xbox. Xbox 360 will be lucky to sell 25 million in 4 years. It's true.
peacebringer

Pop Quiz, kid.

1) At what price point did both the PS1 and PS2 launch at?

2) How long did it take for the PS1 to sell 1 million in Japan? In NA?

3) how long did it take the PS2 to "ship" 1 million units?