Sony killing online play for MLB 14... already

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@nyadc said:

Did it ever occur to these retards at Sony to move games which they feel they should no longer host networks for to integrate P2P network functionality into the games so players could host matches on their own network connections...

No of course not, that would make too much sense, better to just kill games entirety....

Idiots...

Lol dude that's not how multiplayer works. The game probably already is P2P, but even if you have a game that's P2P there has to be a master server which connects the players together - and that's the part they're shutting down.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Soony or later all things must come to an end...........

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

@gago-gago said:

@StealthMonkey4 said:

@gago-gago:

You could say the same for many PS3 games. This is more of an issue with yearly sports games.

Nope the issue here is PSN and Sony games. This isn't the first time they shut online down for their games. The last one was not a sports game but were Sony games. I don't recall any non-Sony game that shut down their online. There's a reason why old Madden and old Fifa games are still up and running, because Sony and PSN doesn't control them.

Metal Gear Online and Red Dead Redemption are non-Sony games that shut down their online and they are the only ones. It's not "a Sony thing".

Anyway, I find all sports boring. Baseball is more fun to play than watch and the NFL is just gay.

MGO is PS3 exclusive. Red Dead Redemption multiplayer still works, it's only the Social Club services that got shut down and guess which version multiplayer leaderboards got removed, you guessed it only the PS3 version. Resistance 1, 2, 3, MAG, Warhawk just to name a few shut down sooner than later due to Sony's decisions. I do agree that if there are yearly sports games, sure the older ones should get shut down but MLB 2014 is not even old compared to the ones that eventually shut down because they're old. All I'm saying since these are Sony games, Sony can ultimately decide to shut them down sooner than later. That's the difference between these Sony games and old sports games. Sony can't shut down Madden 2014 but they could with MLB 2014 in 2015 because it's theirs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Perhaps it isn't being used....ever think of that? I'm not claiming to have their stats but you don't know the traffic either. So this thread is lacking.

Shit excuse, **** Sony. Seriously, is this how you treat your fans? Forza 3 server is still online. That game is 6 years old. They are just trying to save money, and earn money by forcing people to buy the next version. Can you imagine EA shutting down FIFA 15 servers in November? Everyone would be hatin' on EA.

I know what you are going to say: " But we know FIFA is successful, maybe MLB14 is barely played". Then why would they even develop MLB15, if it doesn't earn them any money. This is just a classic, douchy Sony move.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@nyadc said:

Did it ever occur to these retards at Sony to move games which they feel they should no longer host networks for to integrate P2P network functionality into the games so players could host matches on their own network connections...

No of course not, that would make too much sense, better to just kill games entirety....

Idiots...

Lol dude that's not how multiplayer works. The game probably already is P2P, but even if you have a game that's P2P there has to be a master server which connects the players together - and that's the part they're shutting down.

every sony game is peer to peer in the past 2+ years except drive club

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Perhaps it isn't being used....ever think of that? I'm not claiming to have their stats but you don't know the traffic either. So this thread is lacking.

Shit excuse, **** Sony. Seriously, is this how you treat your fans? Forza 3 server is still online. That game is 6 years old. They are just trying to save money, and earn money by forcing people to buy the next version. Can you imagine EA shutting down FIFA 15 servers in November? Everyone would be hatin' on EA.

I know what you are going to say: " But we know FIFA is successful, maybe MLB14 is barely played". Then why would they even develop MLB15, if it doesn't earn them any money. This is just a classic, douchy Sony move.

Also - matchmaking servers aren't terribly expensive. They aren't taxing to run. They really can't spare one shitty server or piggyback on another server? Why not just put all the barely played games on a couple of their least powerful servers?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. I have extra PC's just sitting in my basement that could be used as servers - you're telling me this big rich business doesn't have any extra PC's they can't leave hooked up?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@KHAndAnime said:

@FastRobby said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Also - matchmaking servers aren't terribly expensive. They aren't taxing to run. They really can't spare one shitty server or piggyback on another server? Why not just put all the barely played games on a couple of their least powerful servers?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. I have extra PC's just sitting in my basement that could be used as servers - you're telling me this big rich business doesn't have any extra PC's they can't leave hooked up?

Indeed, it's just forcing people to buy the next MLB game

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Eh.....FYI for the kiddies in here that like to slap labels on my posts....my post would be the same were it a PC game, an Xbox game, or a Nintendo game [lol]. Has nothing to do with who owns the game. If the game is dead then the resources would be better spent on servers where people were actually playing the game. Nonetheless....I like single player games so this doesn't affect me.

Also is there an actual official source for this?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LJS9502_basic

@FastRobby said:

I hear you on that.....but my question is....would anyone buy the next MLB game after this [if true...the source is not official]?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#60  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Only the worst kind of Sony apologist will make excuses for this.

Thankfully this thread lets us identify just those kind of people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LJS9502_basic: The source is Sony announcing it. If you own the game, you'll get the notification on your system too.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LJS9502_basic
@charizard1605 said:

@LJS9502_basic: The source is Sony announcing it. If you own the game, you'll get the notification on your system too.

Okay. Nah I don't own it. Haven't even bought a game for the PS4 yet except for the Christmas gift for my child.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LJS9502_basic: Lol, I wasn't implying you don't own the game haha, just telling you the source. Sorry for the misimplication.

Getting Bloodborne?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LJS9502_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Lol, I wasn't implying you don't own the game haha, just telling you the source. Sorry for the misimplication.

Getting Bloodborne?

Maybe. Have to pick up FF Type O and the new Batman. And a Wii U soon.:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LJS9502_basic: Yeah, in spite of the recent spate of bad news, this is still looking to be a good year for gaming all around.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Love The Show and buy it every couple years, including last year. Personally I can't imagine trying to play the game online, where even an almost imperceptible amount of lag would throw off your swing.

But that's not to defend this development. It's a crappy move, and Sony deserves any bad press they get for it. Guess I'll have to remember to snag roster updates right before the end, because they aren't going to get me to buy this year.

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

Greatness awaits

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

Sadly sooner or later this is the future of all online games. Or better, online "console" games. At least on the PC you can run your own servers for many old games. Console gamers that only play online games on consoles are not thinking of the long term investment this doesn't provide.

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

Shutdown after a year? What's the added benefit of paying for psn ignoring having a forced charge to play online at all?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Most people who play MLB play for season or with their friends. Online was pretty meh anyway.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Most people who play MLB play for season or with their friends.

source?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Where is that Ps+ money going hmmm?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Most people who play MLB play for season or with their friends.

source?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Chozofication said:

Where is that Ps+ money going hmmm?

hookers and blow

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#76 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@nyadc said:

Idiots...

I understand this, my point is there is no reason to not solely let the game survive on P2P. A single dual quad Xeon blade server could handle the entire dataload of connecting players to each other, one server is capable of doing that. Them shutting this down is senseless, it accomplishes nothing more than gouging people for more money than they are already paying, it's extremely anti-consumer.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I believe they've been doing this for the last few versions.

It does suck, even if the online is 99.99% dead, I feel like sports games should at least go 2 seasons before shutting down. Even EA usually seems to give more like 3 or 4 seasons before shutting them down.

That being said, when i last bought this game (think it was MLB 12 or 13), I didn't play a single online game anyway

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Send Sony a message people, don't buy this year's game

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Bookmarking this. Man you claim to not be a cow but you sure defend PS a lot. Cutting the online a year later would be blasted by most for any game. I can fire up NHL 13 and still play online. We all know they are doing it to shoehorn people into the MLB15 game.

if he's not a cow he's the worst unbiased poster of all time.

Its one thing I agree with tormentos on. It doesn't matter what you own, it matters who you defend more often than not. Anything can be rationalized from a fiscal standpoint in business. Hypothetical: If MS was doing this to online for Titanfall just before Titanfall 2 was coming out, it would be open season here even if the online was barren.

titanfall on pc is a fucking wasteland and thats still running.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FastRobby said:

I hear you on that.....but my question is....would anyone buy the next MLB game after this?

Yes. DC sold very well, even the first weeks when it was shit. Halo MCC sold very well, while the MP was crap. So people don't care about getting slapped in the face apparently

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Not liek the console market will shed a tear, they'll buy the next flavor of the month and forget about it in a few months, pull the plug, and the cycle continues.

Me, I'd rather have classics that last for years.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#83 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Probably a good reason.

Cutting the lag from pervious titles seems like the best options for one.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#84 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Praise Godny and their love for the gamer.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Sony has a monopoly on Baseball games at the moment and has zero competitors so they can do whatever they want and Baseball fans will continue to buy since they have no other option

jimmydonegood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jimmydonegood
Member since 2015 • 188 Posts

Disgusting of Sony. No wonder they are losing billions. No one should trust Sony with anything to be honest.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

*Greatness Awaits..............

**Greatness is limited to a certain amount of time when it gets here. This way we can sell you another $60 game with a roster update and the same graphics.