Sony: Just plain arrogant or purely smart?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I'm just wondering what people think of these words from Sony's Phil Harrison in an IGN interview about GTAIV and losing its exlusivity. He seems very confident (or maybe it's just arrogance?).

"He stressed that third-party exclusives would come in good time. The newly-announced PlayStation Edge toolset is expected to help ease development for PS3, particularly for cross-platform titles. Titles using PS Edge could come as early as this fall, because the tools are "simple to implement."

"I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own,"
Harrison told the assembled bloggers. The first next-gen Grand Theft Auto game likely cost Rockstar considerable money and development time. That being such, it couldn't have sold enough copies on PS3 alone to make exclusivity worthwhile. In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

Phil on IGN.

In the PS1 gen they started just with MGS, GT and FF and ended up getting pretty much every major exclusive (despite Nintendo's dominance in the market before the PS1). In the PS2 gen they started with GTA, GT, MGS and FF and ended up getting every major exclusive in the end again (Even now we're seeing GTA:LCS/VCS only on PS2 and not Xbox/GC).

I personally think Phil is right on the ball and rather than being arrogant I think it's just confidence. Do you think FF/GT/MGS and a few others will be enough or is Sony just being arrogant?
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
I'm just wondering what people think of these words from Sony's Phil Harrison in an IGN interview about GTAIV and losing its exlusivity. He seems very confident (or maybe it's just arrogance?).

"He stressed that third-party exclusives would come in good time. The newly-announced PlayStation Edge toolset is expected to help ease development for PS3, particularly for cross-platform titles. Titles using PS Edge could come as early as this fall, because the tools are "simple to implement."

"I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own," Harrison told the assembled bloggers. The first next-gen Grand Theft Auto game likely cost Rockstar considerable money and development time. That being such, it couldn't have sold enough copies on PS3 alone to make exclusivity worthwhile. In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

When I read this I was a little surprised at the very realistic/true response about GTAIV coming from Phil who's known to have lied many times in the past.

His attitude is quite level-headed and it seems as if he's lost a little bit of the arrogance Sony has but then he goes and says that 3rd party exclusives will come because he implied PS3 will eventually sell much more than 360.

Do you think that's being arrogant/over confident or will Sony manage to get these exclusives?

In the PS1 gen they started just with MGS, GT and FF and ended up getting pretty much every major exclusive (despite Nintendo's dominance in the market before the PS1). In the PS2 gen they started with GTA, GT, MGS and FF and ended up getting every major exclusive in the end again (Even now we're seeing GTA:LCS/VCS only on PS2 and not Xbox/GC).

Do you think FF/GT/MGS and a few others will be enough or is Sony just being arrogant?
the-very-best
FF/GT/MGS will all help if they are hits. Gears of War is helping the 360 tremendously right now, and that's one game. A short game mind you.
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#3 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
Seems pretty humble to me. At least he didn't say that third party exclusives come when we say they do. Perhaps they've realized the media hates them lately.
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts
I like how he avoided mentioning the real reason they lost GTAIV.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the-very-best
I like how he avoided mentioning the real reason they lost GTAIV.Ptolemaueus

What would that be?
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts

"I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own,"
Harrison told the assembled bloggers. The first next-gen Grand Theft Auto game likely cost Rockstar considerable money and development time. That being such, it couldn't have sold enough copies on PS3 alone to make exclusivity worthwhile. In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

Phil on IGN.

When I read this I was a little surprised at the very realistic/true response about GTAIV coming from Phil who's known to have lied many times in the past. His attitude is quite level-headed and it seems as if he's lost a little bit of the arrogance Sony has but then he goes and says that 3rd party exclusives will come because he implied PS3 will eventually sell much more than 360.

Do you think FF/GT/MGS and a few others will be enough or is Sony just being arrogant?
the-very-best

SW thinks LOGIC = ARROGANCE.

SW is sad at times.

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

"I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own," Harrison told the assembled bloggers. The first next-gen Grand Theft Auto game likely cost Rockstar considerable money and development time. That being such, it couldn't have sold enough copies on PS3 alone to make exclusivity worthwhile. In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

When I read this I was a little surprised at the very realistic/true response about GTAIV coming from Phil who's known to have lied many times in the past.

His attitude is quite level-headed and it seems as if he's lost a little bit of the arrogance Sony has but then he goes and says that 3rd party exclusives will come because he implied PS3 will eventually sell much more than 360.

Do you think that's being arrogant/over confident or will Sony manage to get these exclusives?

the-very-best
I think its more confidence than arrogance.They know they have a great product with the PS3.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the-very-best
Seems pretty humble to me. At least he didn't say that third party exclusives come when we say they do. Perhaps they've realized the media hates them lately.DrHyde

I agree. It seems they've definitely been affected by the media.

I think it's a good thing giving the media what they want right now and this "humble" attitude seems to be paying off, especially with the positive news Sony got after GDC all over the net.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Not arrogant, but confident.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the-very-best

SW is sad at times.

XTy

None of the responses have called Sony arrogant yet. Looks like people are finally starting to see Sony in a new light which is a good thing (especially on SW).
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ptolemaueus

[QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"]I like how he avoided mentioning the real reason they lost GTAIV.the-very-best

What would that be?

Sony was too slow.  I believe someone at Rockstar may have said that, but I'm not entirely sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Remember that Phil's job is to spin, just like that other goober, Moore from MS and that goofball reggie from Nintendo.  It's not like they are going to admit that something isn't going well.
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

the-very-best

They hope.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the-very-best

[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"]I like how he avoided mentioning the real reason they lost GTAIV.Ptolemaueus

What would that be?

Sony was too slow. I believe someone at Rockstar may have said that, but I'm not entirely sure.

There was a rumour saying Kutaragi did not bother talking to Rockstar to secure GTAIV.

That seems very biased though considering Sony competed with MS/Nintendo to get Heavenly Sword. They secured NG too now. They're certainly not trying to lose exclusives.
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts
[QUOTE="XTy"]

SW is sad at times.

the-very-best

None of the responses have called Sony arrogant yet. Looks like people are finally starting to see Sony in a new light which is a good thing (especially on SW).

The Fanboys are still doing their homework, or are still in school. Wait till tonight when they put down the crayolas to post here.

YOull see.

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ptolemaueus

Remember that Phil's job is to spin, just like that other goober, Moore from MS and that goofball reggie from Nintendo.  It's not like they are going to admit that something isn't going well.sonicare

But doesn't kicking ass and taking names count for something?  Reggie should at the least be head goofball.

atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Sony exclusives going by the way side!!!
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the-very-best

[QUOTE="the-very-best"] In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

They hope.

There's no denying GT, MGS, FF will make that come true though so his statement is not silly.
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
Whatever makes you happy.  How does this effect the PS3?
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts
[QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

[QUOTE="the-very-best"] In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

the-very-best

They hope.

There's no denying GT, MGS, FF will make that come true though so his statement is not silly.

I didn't say it was silly, but it seems that they are still thinking that they will go from PS3s on the shelves very soon after launch, to selling enough consoles so that the PS3 is more attractive to developers than the 360 or Wii, despite  that developing on the system is apparently a pain. MGS and FF can't do that by themselves.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Phil Harrison is arrogant, and his interviews almost always suck. He spends way too much time staying on message and dodging questions..Reggie too...I can't stand when either of them do an interview..Peter Moore seems to come off a bit more casual and friendly than both of them...And for the record, J. Allard sucked too. It was a good move for MS to have Peter step in.
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#22 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
Whatever makes you happy. How does this effect the PS3?youngtongue
I suspect some people may be unwilling to purchase a PS3 after all of the arrogance. Working towards humility with confidence could help them gain sales after PS3 didn't match the hype. Phil is at least being honest as far as I can tell here.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
That's an excellent point Phil made.
The Ps3 is made to last atleast 7 years,Sony know that in 7 years they'll have buckets of exclusives,improved graphics,cheaper price,and a much bigger installbase.
Snatching GTA 4 as an exclusive right now wouldnt be a good move for Sony and Rockstar,as the Ps3 hasnt sold 10's of millions of units yet,and the only thing that is holding back Ps3 sales is the 600$ price tag.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
I would guess that Rockstar expected a ton of compensation this time considering what both the userbases at the time would be at the time of the GTA IV release. It probably put Sony in a very tough spot and they had to make a tough decision. Hopefully , Bully can grow a bit and they can make a deal there for the next one. L.A.Noire might still be up for grabs(not sure) as a timed game. Those would cost Sony a considerably less money to aquire and it would give the playstation3 its own flavor.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]I'm just wondering what people think of these words from Sony's Phil Harrison in an IGN interview about GTAIV and losing its exlusivity. He seems very confident (or maybe it's just arrogance?).

gsx1100
I think its more confidence than arrogance.They know they have a great product with the PS3.

Sure your points are fine but confidence, and a great product alone will not bring you out of the woods alone. But with there track record with the PS brand, I would say they would have the market easily. But with alot of PS3's sitting on shelves, that doesn't make me happy been a PS3 owner. My biggest beef is that theres no games, I haven't played a PS3 game since R:FOM, thats been almost 3 months. This time last year at least I had Oblivion, and GRAW to warrant my purchase of the 360. But it's early, and thats just my 2 cents.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Phil Harrison is arrogant, and his interviews almost always suck. He spends way too much time staying on message and dodging questions..Reggie too...I can't stand when either of them do an interview..Peter Moore seems to come off a bit more casual and friendly than both of them...And for the record, J. Allard sucked too. It was a good move for MS to have Peter step in.heretrix

I agree that some previous statements from Sony have a hint of arrogancy in them,but what would you expect from a company that has dominated the videogame industry for over 10 years counting?
Look at Reggie,he recently made a remark about beating Ps3 in terms of sales.Now ask yourself,4  years from now,when Ps3 has undergone price cuts,has the major exclusives out,HD-tv's installbase increased thus in turn leading to demand for bluray,has multiplatform system sellers such as GTA4 and possibly GTA5,etc.
What position will Nintendo have in the race then?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]Phil Harrison is arrogant, and his interviews almost always suck. He spends way too much time staying on message and dodging questions..Reggie too...I can't stand when either of them do an interview..Peter Moore seems to come off a bit more casual and friendly than both of them...And for the record, J. Allard sucked too. It was a good move for MS to have Peter step in.Dualshockin

I agree that some previous statements from Sony have a hint of arrogancy in them,but what would you expect from a company that has dominated the videogame industry for over 10 years counting?
Look at Reggie,he recently made a remark about beating Ps3 in terms of sales.Now ask yourself,4  years from now,when Ps3 has undergone price cuts,has the major exclusives out,HD-tv's installbase increased thus in turn leading to demand for bluray,has multiplatform system sellers such as GTA4 and possibly GTA5,etc.
What position will Nintendo have in the race then?

I'm not debating anything with anyone who would take a bullet for Ken Kutaragi.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#28 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
I believe this gen is their strongest competition. N64 was nothing, and Dreamcast was nothing (it was sweet to me though), GC was a joke (to the masses), and Ms was just getting started. This gen is the first to see three arguably strong consoles that have video games more popular then ever. Sony has to learn to fight for something for once.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the-very-best
I would guess that Rockstar expected a ton of compensation this time considering what both the userbases at the time would be at the time of the GTA IV release. It probably put Sony in a very tough spot and they had to make a tough decision. Hopefully , Bully can grow a bit and they can make a deal there for the next one. L.A.Noire might still be up for grabs(not sure) as a timed game. Those would cost Sony a considerably less money to aquire and it would give the playstation3 its own flavor.
Nike_Air

Bully won't see a sequel I think (unfortunately, it was an excellent game) but the fact that Rockstar are still supporting Sony with GTA:LCS, VCS, Manhunt 2 and now L.A.Noire for PS3 could potentially mean GTA may once again be timed exclusive in the future, if PS3's userbase is enough by the time the next GTA (after GTAIV) is out, and it more than likely will be since it will have GT5, MGSIV, FFXIII by then.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the-very-best
I believe this gen is their strongest competition. N64 was nothing, and Dreamcast was nothing (it was sweet to me though), GC was a joke (to the masses), and Ms was just getting started. This gen is the first to see three arguably strong consoles that have video games more popular then ever. Sony has to learn to fight for something for once.immortality20

N64 was nothing? Sony had just began and they destroyed Nintendo who had been massively successful with the SNES, NES...

Last gen was competitive too but PS2 proved too strong for DC, but both Nintendo and MS had plenty of games to sway consumers away from Sony.

I do agree the competition is strong this gen, but you can't claim the last 2 gens were nothing.
Lazy_not_fat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lazy_not_fat
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
That's an excellent point Phil made.
The Ps3 is made to last atleast 7 years,Sony know that in 7 years they'll have buckets of exclusives,improved graphics,cheaper price,and a much bigger installbase.
Snatching GTA 4 as an exclusive right now wouldnt be a good move for Sony and Rockstar,as the Ps3 hasnt sold 10's of millions of units yet,and the only thing that is holding back Ps3 sales is the 600$ price tag.

Dualshockin

oh, i can name a few more reasons than that :roll:
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
They got GTA City storys and SA storys because DS cant handle them :S And they never sold enough copies obviously, as they stuck it on the PS2.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 elpoep
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts
[QUOTE="XTy"]

SW is sad at times.

the-very-best

But are you not employed by a marketing company hired by Sony to write these types of threads?

I read about people like you in the Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) Article "Spies Like Us" magazine number 213 March 2007.

They say you operate in teams that back each other's comments up and artificially keep threads at the top of forum boards.

I also know I'm not the first person to suspect you.

If anyone does a forum search (not a regular GS search) there are several threads from several different people concerning you being hired by Sony; most date pretty far back and some are pretty recent.

Also, your account conveniently was created right before launch of the Wii and PS3 in 2006.

Please stop your undermining advertising.

Sparkys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sparkys
Member since 2004 • 4074 Posts
Phil Harrison seem to me the only Sony exec that has something in his brain other than cold air.
bluebrad1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bluebrad1974
Member since 2005 • 5162 Posts
Sony and all of the pompous retards that run that poor excuse for a videogame industry leader company are arrogant, detached lazy ***es.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the-very-best
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="XTy"]

SW is sad at times.

elpoep

But are you not employed by a marketing company hired by Sony to write these types of threads?

I read about people like you in the Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) Article "Spies Like Us" magazine number 213 March 2007.

They say you operate in teams that back each other's comments up and artificially keep threads at the top of forum boards.

I also know I'm not the first person to suspect you.

If anyone does a forum search (not a regular GS search) there are several threads from several different people concerning you being hired by Sony; most date pretty far back and some are pretty recent.

Also, your account conveniently was created right before launch of the Wii and PS3 in 2006.

Please stop your undermining advertising.

I like how if someone praises Sony they are automatically labelled as an employee yet when someone praises MS (which happens a lot in SW) then it's just OK.

I don't bash the other consoles when I praise PS3 like some people in SW. I do have a preference to the console but what you're basically saying is as soon as somebody has a preference to a certain console they are immediately an employee.

I don't know whether you're serious or not (well actually you sound very serious) and I can't believe that someone would actually think that I'm an employee because I praise Sony. I don't label lemmings as employees despite many bashing the PS3 and praising the 360.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
I think what exclusives Sony still has will be enough sell PS3'sj. However, arguing that letting GTAIV slip from being exclusive with how he puts it is just silly. It's a no-brainer that GTAIV would be a huge benefit to Sony as an exclusive. That game is a system seller if there ever was one true system seller. I don't think that they will be nearly as dominating this generation as they were during the PS1/PS2 days. That is pretty much a given at this point. Sony may keep their number one spot, but they are going to loose a huge chunk of market share.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="immortality20"]I believe this gen is their strongest competition. N64 was nothing, and Dreamcast was nothing (it was sweet to me though), GC was a joke (to the masses), and Ms was just getting started. This gen is the first to see three arguably strong consoles that have video games more popular then ever. Sony has to learn to fight for something for once.the-very-best

N64 was nothing? Sony had just began and they destroyed Nintendo who had been massively successful with the SNES, NES...

Last gen was competitive too but PS2 proved too strong for DC, but both Nintendo and MS had plenty of games to sway consumers away from Sony.

I do agree the competition is strong this gen, but you can't claim the last 2 gens were nothing.

Sony had it a LOT easier the last 2 generations: Nintendo went with carts (Hay Square...where you guys going eh?) Sega went with CD, and the following 3rd party developers: er..... (And Sony's victory was complete) The DC went with the following 3rd parties: uh.... (Another victory!) Xbox came out a year later (Hay guys..we made it! whew.. what's going on eh? GTAII? What's that all about?) (Yet another, quite early, victory) This round Sony is a year later then MS whom is actually managing to get 3rd parties on the wagon. There is no clear disadvantage for Sony's competition this round. They are going to have to dig in a bit more then before.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 elpoep

Phil on IGN.

I personally think Phil is right on the ball and rather than being arrogant I think it's just confidence. Do you think FF/GT/MGS and a few others will be enough or is Sony just being arrogant?
the-very-best

Wrong-- again. RIP 8/31/08 (end of a contract?)

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

elpoep

stop bumping old threads :|

elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 elpoep
[QUOTE="elpoep"]

Giancar

stop bumping old threads :|

When you read throught the history of these threads and the history of system wars-- you can look back and see who was wrong.

The "just wait argument" and "the only thing that is holding Sony back or SNE:

http://quotes.nasdaq.com/quote.dll?page=charting&mode=basics&intraday=off&timeframe=18m&charttype=ohlc&splits=off&earnings=off&movingaverage=None&lowerstudy=volume&comparison=off&index=&drilldown=off&symbol=SNE&selected=SNE

Is the $600 price tag, just wait till its $399!!!" and "we have great exclusives like .... and... and... FFXIII and..."

were dead wrong.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Heh, it's the PlayStation life cycle what can you expect. I've experienced it & know by practice that the man is right. The people who argue here at system wars just think Sony doesn't know what they are doing, & that they suck and are stupid. The PS3 is a joke right? ;) Don't expect the 360 to be the best console this gen. The addition of how long each PlayStation system has been supported & has lasted is another fact that Sony are veterans. No one has been able to pull of that kind of emphasis on hardware. There is no doubt Microsoft will improve each generation.That said Sony is just plain smart.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 elpoep

Apparently, not that smart: LOOK! Now that's a sinking ship!

I wonder what things will be like after X-mas? I wonder if Sir Howard Stringer will still have his job?

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

Apparently, not that smart: LOOK! Now that's a sinking ship!

I wonder what things will be like after X-mas? I wonder if Sir Howard Stringer will still have his job?

elpoep
Prove that they're even merely out of business. That's just fanboyish & ignorant.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

--

Nothing related to arrogancy in there imo. Honest/realistic answers to 2 major questions

Nice find TVB

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#47 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i think sonys cocky and rude lol,

and arrogant, ever since psp, at least ,

theyll make their exuse as to why they fall behind nintendo , a company of which fell behind just 2 gens earlier,

dont defend microsoft as they never seen the top for a full generation lol, wii over took 360 in less then a year ,

and doesnt look like that ship is stopin any time soon ,

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

I think it is not arrogant response.

It is logical conclusion that they will get exclusives as the install base becomes bigger.

But the problem is that without good exclusives install base will not grow fast enough.

Also someone from Microsoft could said that.

But at the end primary goal for all is money, not you or me and our satisfaction

ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

Sony deserves what they are getting this gen because they acted like no one could touch them for the last 2 gens. I wonder how they feel now with losing Final Fantasy XIII as a exclusive

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rofflecopter_
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts
wow tc is owned