Sony has already won...

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#51 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That's what happens when you give one of the most important franchises in the industry to a second-rate developer.CanYouDiglt

I think 343 has potential. Their problem is they try too hard to mimic Bungie. They need thier own unique spin.

That makes zero sense. I will give a example I love Mass Effect but if Bungie put their own spin on it I probably would not have the same feelings for it. People love the Halo gameplay, the world, the characters, ect so changing the game sure as heck would not help it. Also Halo 4 is different from the other Halo games from new race, differences in multiplayer, and more cinamatic atmosphere but completely changing it sure as heck will not make Halo fans happy.

If Bungie made Mass Effect it probably wouldn't be so mediocre. It would certainly have better gameplay.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Barring a massive screw-up by Sony (not implausible) I want someone to give a legit reason how the Nextbox can outsell the PS4 released at the same time or earlier. It virtually impossible...

With full year head start M$ will still end up last place in sells. Big step up, but get ready to step down again. Nintendo will be last though.

CanYouDiglt

The 360 had massive hardware issues that created a stigma to the general public and still the PS3 could not outsell the 360. PS4 is a dead console walking. It is on Deathrow just like Sony.

Hardware issues....is that the best you have. You know M$ is inferior. Yeah Sony may be in financial trouble but I suppor their creativity. Movies, music and gaming. Microsoft is a typical generic corp that gaming and lemmings like them for no good reason. Microsoft is a wannabe Apple without the spark.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

I think 343 has potential. Their problem is they try too hard to mimic Bungie. They need thier own unique spin.

Master_ShakeXXX

That makes zero sense. I will give a example I love Mass Effect but if Bungie put their own spin on it I probably would not have the same feelings for it. People love the Halo gameplay, the world, the characters, ect so changing the game sure as heck would not help it. Also Halo 4 is different from the other Halo games from new race, differences in multiplayer, and more cinamatic atmosphere but completely changing it sure as heck will not make Halo fans happy.

If Bungie made Mass Effect it probably wouldn't be so mediocre. It would certainly have better gameplay.

Type of response I expected from you.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

I don't need provide any reasoning. We all know Sony is trending up while Xbox is huge question mark.

lundy86_4

stupidtown.gif

Yeah, you do.

Sony were taken down quite a few pegs this generation. They were top dog for two generations, and ended up playing third fiddle in this generation.

To be fair they were only top dog out of sheer luck(for Sony that is), they would likely not have a console if Nintendo hadn't back stabbed them years ago.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StrongBlackVine

I don't need provide any reasoning. We all know Sony is trending up while Xbox is huge question mark.

lundy86_4

stupidtown.gif

Yeah, you do.

Sony were taken down quite a few pegs this generation. They were top dog for two generations, and ended up playing third fiddle in this generation.

Playstation is trending up, M$ is trending down....

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]That makes zero sense. I will give a example I love Mass Effect but if Bungie put their own spin on it I probably would not have the same feelings for it. People love the Halo gameplay, the world, the characters, ect so changing the game sure as heck would not help it. Also Halo 4 is different from the other Halo games from new race, differences in multiplayer, and more cinamatic atmosphere but completely changing it sure as heck will not make Halo fans happy.CanYouDiglt

The sad thing is, he's probably not wrong.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]That makes zero sense. I will give a example I love Mass Effect but if Bungie put their own spin on it I probably would not have the same feelings for it. People love the Halo gameplay, the world, the characters, ect so changing the game sure as heck would not help it. Also Halo 4 is different from the other Halo games from new race, differences in multiplayer, and more cinamatic atmosphere but completely changing it sure as heck will not make Halo fans happy.CanYouDiglt

Just telling the truth.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]The only console I'm truly excited about. blue_hazy_basic

The only console I really care about is when i press the "~" button :P

(wonder how many peeps understand that?)

Isn't that a command console prompt on PC.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

See how lems are all talking about sales already, when it's pretty obvious people are excited about the hardware not the low price point mass market gimmick appeal :lol:

Lems just want to watch M$ get rich, they don't care about anything else.

Eddie-Vedder
]the thread is about sales, did you even read the op?
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

JohnF111

stupidtown.gif

Yeah, you do.

To be fair they were only top dog out of sheer luck(for Sony that is), they would likely not have a console if Nintendo hadn't back stabbed them years ago.

And the Wii wasn't a fluke of good luck after Nintendo wasted away for a couple of generations? Now they are falling back again...

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Barring a massive screw-up by Sony (not implausible) I want someone to give a legit reason how the Nextbox can outsell the PS4 released at the same time or earlier. It virtually impossible...

With full year head start M$ will still end up last place in sells. Big step up, but get ready to step down again. Nintendo will be last though.

StrongBlackVine

I like how you listed a whole bunch of games, only on ps4.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 CanYouDiglt

Master_ShakeXXX

Just telling the truth.

Is it pointless to debate Mass Effect with you and not the right thread. Please stay on topic though. You said 343 should do their own take on Halo. Just curious what do you think was their own take?
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Let me see . PS2 sold what about 150million. Ps3 sells just half of that Xbox sells about 40-50 million. Xbox 360 sells 75 million Call me crazy but if we learn anything is MS actually that did a better job here
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 StrongBlackVine

sony is almost dead they had to sell their HQ!

osirisx3

Almost dead companies are do not push out new hardware like Sony is doing right. You have no understanding of business. Companies come back financial ruin all the time.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Type of response I expected from you.CanYouDiglt

Just telling the truth.

Is it pointless to debate Mass Effect with you and not the right thread. Please stay on topic though. You said 343 should do their own take on Halo. Just curious what do you think was their own take?

How should I know? They haven't tried their own take. 

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 StrongBlackVine

Let me see . PS2 sold what about 150million. Ps3 sells just half of that Xbox sells about 40-50 million. Xbox 360 sells 75 million Call me crazy but if we learn anything is MS actually that did a better job here adamosmaki

Yeah Microsoflt did a great job. I don't think it will be that close this time around. M$ has literaly no advantages. The one advantage could have used was money to build a superior system and sell it at loss to cripple Sony, but M$ is greedy and didn't do it.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Nintendo_Ownes7

Let me see . PS2 sold what about 150million. Ps3 sells just half of that Xbox sells about 40-50 million. Xbox 360 sells 75 million Call me crazy but if we learn anything is MS actually that did a better job here adamosmaki
I thought the Xbox had 24 Million sales. Because it was only 3 Million ahead of the GCN in sales when both were discontinued.

But it still proves your point.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#68 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

StrongBlackVine

The 360 had massive hardware issues that created a stigma to the general public and still the PS3 could not outsell the 360. PS4 is a dead console walking. It is on Deathrow just like Sony.

Hardware issues....is that the best you have. You know M$ is inferior. Yeah Sony may be in financial trouble but I suppor their creativity. Movies, music and gaming. Microsoft is a typical generic corp that gaming and lemmings like them for no good reason. Microsoft is a wannabe Apple without the spark.

And the true colors show...

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 StrongBlackVine

mysticstryk

How long do you think Halo and Gears can prop Xbox up?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CanYouDiglt

Just telling the truth.

Master_ShakeXXX

So since many of the members are from Bungie maybe they love the lore and gameplay just like millions of fans. Also even if they had this crazy new concept why would it make sense to change the game? Millions of people love Halo so changing the game will make them not fans. Also like I said before they did change some areas but there is no reason at all to do some revamp.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I can't wait until the PS4 is announced, I'm so sick of these cows bragging about a system that we know nothing about, and I'm even more excited for its release where it will most likely have even worse sales that the Wii U.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Well Cows are at least getting pretty efficient. Why wait for to see what reality does when you're just gonna ignore it anyway?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Is it pointless to debate Mass Effect with you and not the right thread. Please stay on topic though. You said 343 should do their own take on Halo. Just curious what do you think was their own take?CanYouDiglt

So since many of the members are from Bungie maybe they love the lore and gameplay just like millions of fans. Also even if they had this crazy new concept why would it make sense to change the game? Millions of people love Halo so changing the game will make them not fans. Also like I said before they did change some areas but there is no reason at all to do some revamp.

That's a lie. There's like 5-6 people at 343 from Bungie and none of them had a major role in the old games.

They should have tried to make their game unique instead of changing sh!t that didn't need to be changed and not evolving the game where they should have.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 StrongBlackVine

I can't wait until the PS4 is announced, I'm so sick of these cows bragging about a system that we know nothing about, and I'm even more excited for its release where it will most likely have even worse sales that the Wii U.layton2012

As long as Sony sales more than M$ I'm content. At least Nintendo is a real gaming company.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StrongBlackVine

Well Cows are at least getting pretty efficient. Why wait for to see what reality does when you're just gonna ignore it anyway?locopatho

What is reality? Do you expect the next Xbox to outsell the PS4?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Well Cows are at least getting pretty efficient. Why wait for to see what reality does when you're just gonna ignore it anyway?StrongBlackVine

No... but it doesn't matter what reality is, cows will find some way to proclaim victory even if they actually win nothing... (aka this gen)
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="layton2012"]I can't wait until the PS4 is announced, I'm so sick of these cows bragging about a system that we know nothing about, and I'm even more excited for its release where it will most likely have even worse sales that the Wii U.StrongBlackVine

As long as Sony sales more than M$ I'm content. At least Nintendo is a real gaming company.

You must have been really upset this gen.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

StrongBlackVine

Please, explain in detail. Relative to prior generations, Microsoft is in a better condition. They're also raking in money hand over fist, a massive difference from Sony.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CanYouDiglt

DarkLink77

That's a lie. There's like 5-6 people at 343 from Bungie and none of them had a major role in the old games.

They should have tried to make their game unique instead of changing sh!t that didn't need to be changed and not evolving the game where they should have.

So you are saying they did make it unique in areas but just not what YOU WANTED even though before you are claiming they did not have their own take? Ok I get it.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

For gamers they've won, but lems would rather have worse graphics, unreliable hardware, pay to play online have no games and get ripped off all gen long as long as M$ makes money.

I mean let's be realistic here, Sony has the multiplats, they get the oddball big budget third party exclusive more often the M$ and they have an insane amount of amazingly talented first/second party devs that share resources and makes amazing games.

It's so one sided.

kuraimen
QFFT

And the beautiful irony is that MS will lose money on it, anyway.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Well Cows are at least getting pretty efficient. Why wait for to see what reality does when you're just gonna ignore it anyway?StrongBlackVine

I just say wait until they get released or even announced.

The NeXbox could win that generation or it could succumb to the 3rd Console curse and end up in last place.

Any system has the chance to be a success or a massive failure it all depends on the way the market will respond to them.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]So since many of the members are from Bungie maybe they love the lore and gameplay just like millions of fans. Also even if they had this crazy new concept why would it make sense to change the game? Millions of people love Halo so changing the game will make them not fans. Also like I said before they did change some areas but there is no reason at all to do some revamp.CanYouDiglt

So you are saying they did make it unique in areas but just not what YOU WANTED even though before you are claiming they did not have their own take? Ok I get it.

No, I'm claiming they sacrificed the franchises' identity in the multiplayer by making changes the fanbase is against while moving the single-player backwards. That's what I'm saying.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="layton2012"]I can't wait until the PS4 is announced, I'm so sick of these cows bragging about a system that we know nothing about, and I'm even more excited for its release where it will most likely have even worse sales that the Wii U.DarkLink77

You must have been really upset this gen.

Nah I just got back in console gaming in Dec 2011. I missed the dark days of the PS3 this generation. I Just want to see how Xbox fans react to being on the bottom again. Judging from what I have seen so far not very well. Plus M$ doesn't really care about gaming...

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 CanYouDiglt

The 360 outsold the PS3 so why not.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

it's a good spin but that's just what happens when you're too good. You only compete against yourself. The Playstation brand peaked with the PS2 and there's nothing wrong with that because not even the DS could surpass its sales.   :cool:

And the first Xbox sold less than 25 millions BTW. It was impossible for M$ to do worse than that.   :lol:

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mysticstryk

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

StrongBlackVine

Based on the sales numbers for Halo 4, I'd say quite awhile.  Not to mention those couple of studios Microsoft has formed to make 1st party games over the past year or so.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Did anyone expect the Wii to win this gen?

/thread

RR360DD

Yes of course I expected it, it had a unqiue feature and non gamers loved it because of this and this is why it won but the Wii U has nothing unique

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]Let me see . PS2 sold what about 150million. Ps3 sells just half of that Xbox sells about 40-50 million. Xbox 360 sells 75 million Call me crazy but if we learn anything is MS actually that did a better job here Gue1

it's a good spin but that's just what happens when you're too good. You only compete against yourself. The Playstation brand peaked with the PS2 and there's nothing wrong with that because not even the DS could surpass its sales.   :cool:

And the first Xbox sold less than 25 millions BTW. It was impossible for M$ to do worse than that.   :lol:

The DS has actually outsold the PS2.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 StrongBlackVine

lundy86_4

Please, explain in detail. Relative to prior generations, Microsoft is in a better condition. They're also raking in money hand over fist, a massive difference from Sony.

I'm talking RIGHT NOW in the current generation M$ is trending down. And look to be down starting the next one.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

mysticstryk

Based on the sales numbers for Halo 4, I'd say quite awhile.  Not to mention those couple of studios Microsoft has formed to make 1st party games over the past year or so.

Halo and Gears will get them second place next generation.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

No, I'm claiming they sacrificed the franchises' identity in the multiplayer by making changes the fanbase is against while moving the single-player backwards. That's what I'm saying.

That is just another way of saying they did make changes but just not the ones you wanted. I think 343 did a great job overall not perfect but still great but clearly you do not. Do not say they should have had their own take though when you keep saying they did make changes but just ones you did not like. You sound like you just want to hate on Halo 4 or 343 without a real reason why so at least say listen they made these changes and I do not like them . I do not know maybe you were never a big Halo fan or maybe it just does not interest you anymore but saying they should have made changes because of the changes they made I do not like does not make any sense.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I'm talking RIGHT NOW in the current generation M$ is trending down. And look to be down starting the next one.

StrongBlackVine

You didn't explain in detail. In what way, specifically, are they trending down?

They are consistently selling their console, and they are profiting off of the console/games/Live. How are they "trending down"?

----

It's also odd how you won't take into account the generations where Sony was on top, but you wish to use the last generation (where MS is supposedly "trending down") as an indicator for the current one.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mysticstryk

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

StrongBlackVine

Halo and Gears will get them second place next generation.

Can I borrow your crystal ball when your done with it?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]So you are saying they did make it unique in areas but just not what YOU WANTED even though before you are claiming they did not have their own take? Ok I get it.CanYouDiglt

That is just another way of saying they did make changes but just not the ones you wanted. I think 343 did a great job overall not perfect but still great but clearly you do not. Do not say they should have had their own take though when you keep saying they did make changes but just ones you did not like. You sound like you just want to hate on Halo 4 or 343 without a real reason why so at least say listen they made these changes and I do not like them . I do not know maybe you were never a big Halo fan or maybe it just does not interest you anymore but saying they should have made changes because of the changes they made I do not like does not make any sense.

Didn't 343 admit they did a subpar job? Game only sold by name.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] No, I'm claiming they sacrificed the franchises' identity in the multiplayer by making changes the fanbase is against while moving the single-player backwards. That's what I'm saying.StrongBlackVine

Not that I have heard of. Do you have a link? I doubt I will get one though.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]That is just another way of saying they did make changes but just not the ones you wanted. I think 343 did a great job overall not perfect but still great but clearly you do not. Do not say they should have had their own take though when you keep saying they did make changes but just ones you did not like. You sound like you just want to hate on Halo 4 or 343 without a real reason why so at least say listen they made these changes and I do not like them . I do not know maybe you were never a big Halo fan or maybe it just does not interest you anymore but saying they should have made changes because of the changes they made I do not like does not make any sense.CanYouDiglt

No because why would I keep a link to that? They did say there were a lot of things the could have done better.....

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

No because why would I keep a link to that? They did say there were a lot of things the could have done better.....

So typical cow trying to spread lies. Ok gotcha.