sony has already lost--but how much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elpoep
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts
Sony has already lost market share and exclusives.-- FACT

There are factors here that are were not present in other system wars:

360 has a 8 million unit lead.  There price is $200 less than  Sony.

360 has HUNDREDS of games in its library-- some of which are AAA here in GS.

Nintendo has a 4 million unit lead-- there price is $350less than Sony.

The question is now, how much will Siny lose of install fan base?
FACTS
Sony has less than 50 games available right now.
None of them have are AAA on GS.
Motorstorm does not have offline multiplay--you cant play with your brothers at home.
Sony continues to lose exclusoves to the 360 install base

lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
There is no lost until atleast 1-2 years after. Its the same people like threadmaker that hated on the PS1 and the PS2 and as they slaughtered the competition, people like this watched their feeble arguments explode in their own faces. /thread.
l1mIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 l1mIt
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
ps3 will outsell xflop1.5

acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
Its far too early to tell IF Sony will LOOSE. --FACT
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
It's way to early to tell what you're writing off as "facts".

Casuals are still playing their PS2's. As if they're going to pay so much money for a next gen console when the big guns like GTAIV, GT5, Halo 3 etc aren't even out.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elpoep
[QUOTE="lilrush"]There is no lost until atleast 1-2 years after. Its the same people like threadmaker that hated on the PS1 and the PS2 and as they slaughtered the competition, people like this watched their feeble arguments explode in their own faces. /thread.

You sound like a fanboy and not an educated consumer or gamer.

I've owned a PS1 and TWO PS2s (One broke down--I admitally played the hell out of it for 3 years).

I'm stoked about God Of War 2 which will be AAA.

I'm just mad that Sony decided if I wanted the PS3 then I needed to buy a Blu-Ray player too.

Its no doubt in my mind that if PS3 had no Blu-Ray it would have made launch-- cost the same as the 360 and would be far in the lead by now.

Sony-- take out Blu-Ray and charge $399. I'll by a PS3 and so would many others!
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elpoep
It's way to early to tell what you're writing off as "facts".

Casuals are still playing their PS2's. As if they're going to pay so much money for a next gen console when the big guns like GTAIV, GT5, Halo 3 etc aren't even out.
the-very-best

What under my fact sheet was not a fact?

They do not have AAA on GS right now.

They have and are loosing exclusives to the 360

Motorsport has no off-line multiplayer

There are less than 50 titles for the machine right now
--ALL FACTS
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elpoep
Its far too early to tell IF Sony will LOOSE. --FACTacviper123

Its not too early to look at the facts we have now.

Sony has already lost exclusives.

Are you unaware of this?
topcatyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 topcatyo
Member since 2006 • 1732 Posts

Its far too early to tell IF Sony will LOSE. --FACTacviper123

Fixed, and couldn't tell it better myself.

[QUOTE="acviper123"]Its far too early to tell IF Sony will LOOSE. --FACTelpoep

Its not too early to look at the facts we have now.

Sony has already lost exclusives.

Are you unaware of this?

Yes, we are aware of this, but is' 4 months, man.  4 months.  A baby can't even be born in that amount of time, let alone anything really big impact a console yet.

When DMC, MGS, HS, and the other big name titles come out, Sony will probably get a lot of consoles sold, and we'll see where exclusives go from there.

justcause1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 justcause1
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts

[QUOTE="lilrush"]There is no lost until atleast 1-2 years after. Its the same people like threadmaker that hated on the PS1 and the PS2 and as they slaughtered the competition, people like this watched their feeble arguments explode in their own faces. /thread.elpoep

I've owned a PS1 and TWO PS2s  (One broke down--I admitally played the hell out of it for 3 years).

I'm stoked about God Of War which will be AAA.

I'm just mad that Sony decided if I wanted the PS3 then I needed to buy a Blu-Ray player too.

Its no doubt in my mind that if PS3 had no Blu-Ray it would have made launch-- cost the same as the 360 and would be far in the lead by now.

Sony-- take out Blu-Ray and charge $399.  I'll by a PS3 and so would many others!

no maybe after some while but even without the blueray and same price as 360 it would NOT be far in the lead

Ben3128947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ben3128947
Member since 2005 • 182 Posts
it's been out for like 4 months, and most people don't check gamespot for reviews. "loosing exclusives" lol.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elpoep

[QUOTE="elpoep"][QUOTE="lilrush"]There is no lost until atleast 1-2 years after. Its the same people like threadmaker that hated on the PS1 and the PS2 and as they slaughtered the competition, people like this watched their feeble arguments explode in their own faces. /thread.justcause1

I've owned a PS1 and TWO PS2s (One broke down--I admitally played the hell out of it for 3 years).

I'm stoked about God Of War which will be AAA.

Sony-- take out Blu-Ray and charge $399. I'll by a PS3 and so would many others!

no maybe after some while but even without the blueray and same price as 360 it would NOT be far in the lead

???  You are saing that the PS3 would not have launched on time and would not be in a far lead in consoles sold if it was elling for $399???

make a poll and find out what everyone here thinks.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
Sony hasn't lost anything, nor has anyone lost anything yet. In terms of war whatever you wanna call it.

But what Sony has lost is they huge gigantic lead they had in the console market.
They went from outselling their opponents at a minimum of 4 to 1 to now where if they even win this console war which is now feeling more and more like something debatable... they will do so by a small margin. They'll be lucky if they are with a 2 to 1 lead in terms of consoles sold over the Wii or 360 at the end of the gen's cycle.

And with that Sony has to take the blame for it. They will bounce back and win in my opinion but the gigantic lead they had before will be next to nothing when the next gen of systems come out. I believe the next gen is when Sony will finally be dethrowned thanks to how then handled the PS3 IMO...
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elpoep
it's been out for like 4 months, and most people don't check gamespot for reviews. "loosing exclusives" lol.Ben3128947

In just four months the PS3 has been on magazine covers like EGM with a headline story that Sony and the PS3 are not doing so well in sales, company image and losing  exclusives is  definately a  sign that  3rd party publishers favor the  Xbox 360.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elpoep
Sony hasn't lost anything, nor has anyone lost anything yet. In terms of war whatever you wanna call it.

But what Sony has lost is they huge gigantic lead they had in the console market.
They went from outselling their opponents at a minimum of 4 to 1 to now where if they even win this console war which is now feeling more and more like something debatable... they will do so by a small margin. They'll be lucky if they are with a 2 to 1 lead in terms of consoles sold over the Wii or 360 at the end of the gen's cycle.

And with that Sony has to take the blame for it. They will bounce back and win in my opinion but the gigantic lead they had before will be next to nothing when the next gen of systems come out. I believe the next gen is when Sony will finally be dethrowned thanks to how then handled the PS3 IMO...
kcpp2b

Sony did'nt lose exclusive titles?
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lilrush
[QUOTE="elpoep"][QUOTE="lilrush"]There is no lost until atleast 1-2 years after. Its the same people like threadmaker that hated on the PS1 and the PS2 and as they slaughtered the competition, people like this watched their feeble arguments explode in their own faces. /thread.

Fanboy. Not even close. I buy every console that drops and play it to death. Of the next gen consoles, I currently only have the 360, with a Wii in the near future and a PS3 around xmas.
yoourrmoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yoourrmoom
Member since 2006 • 840 Posts
 that's why i'm a sheep. since nintendo is only a VIDEO GAME COMPANY, they don't try to force their formats on you (CD, DVD, Blu-ray, UMD). i understand that it worked for the PS2 (DVD), but i'm not sure if Blu-ray will. So far, Sony is 2 for 3 (can we agree now that UMD is a failure?).
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 elpoep
that's why i'm a sheep. since nintendo is only a VIDEO GAME COMPANY, they don't try to force their formats on you (CD, DVD, Blu-ray, UMD). i understand that it worked for the PS2 (DVD), but i'm not sure if Blu-ray will. So far, Sony is 2 for 3 (can we agree now that UMD is a failure?). yoourrmoom

If you are a sheep you are missing out.  You don't own a PS2?

A 360? 

Any how, you would'nt buy a PS3 for $399?

groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts

l1mIt
Oooh what a hard core gamer..."boo hoo xflop 1.5"...so original. As if nobody and their mom's use that line :|
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lilrush
[QUOTE="l1mIt"]ps3 will outsell xflop1.5

groovdafied
Oooh what a hard core gamer..."boo hoo xflop 1.5"...so original. As if nobody and their mom's use that line :|

Yeah saying stuff like xflop and POS3 really cause you to lose any and all credibility you had on the boards.
topcatyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 topcatyo

[QUOTE="groovdafied"][QUOTE="l1mIt"]ps3 will outsell xflop1.5

lilrush

Yeah saying stuff like xflop and POS3 really cause you to lose any and all credibility you had on the boards.

Are you kidding?  Name calling makes you very adult and your opinions valid [/sarcasm]

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts

l1mIt

you spelled flopstation3 wrong

elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elpoep
Sony has lost its bond rating too. It went from the highest credit rating (AAA) to (AA). Its like its game scores.

Plus,

Howard Stringer-- the new CEO closed down 7 Sony factories and fired 10,000 employees.

Then Stringer put Blu-Ray in the PS3-- caused the delay and raised the price.

Sony is losing. Losing in court over dead batteries and stealing RUMBLE.

Sony is losing $200 for every PS3 sold.

lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lilrush

ImagineGamer

A perfect example of what I just discussed.
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts

ImagineGamer

The maturity shows. Don't croch your brain, or you'll smash the pea.
topcatyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 topcatyo

ImagineGamer

My how witty and original you are!  Where do you get your ideas?  I must know.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
Why DO you keep using bolded words??
orangeonxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 orangeonxbox
Member since 2005 • 429 Posts
personally, it is fun to see Sony eat a big chunk of humble pie after that crazy outburst in 2005, but we need to keep MS in line, (horse armor anybody?) so I hope they pull back and get at least some damn good games out that give gears a run for its money, competition is good.
brainiac24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 brainiac24
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
[QUOTE="elpoep"][QUOTE="lilrush"]There is no lost until atleast 1-2 years after. Its the same people like threadmaker that hated on the PS1 and the PS2 and as they slaughtered the competition, people like this watched their feeble arguments explode in their own faces. /thread.

if they did take out the $200 bluray drive i probably would buy a ps3. but once again, GOW2 is still a ps2 game.
Avatar image for machitocaliente
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 machitocaliente
Member since 2007 • 832 Posts
2 much FACTS ....  :roll:  

why do you even care if it flops?  i know i dont care...
yoourrmoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yoourrmoom
Member since 2006 • 840 Posts
[QUOTE="yoourrmoom"] that's why i'm a sheep. since nintendo is only a VIDEO GAME COMPANY, they don't try to force their formats on you (CD, DVD, Blu-ray, UMD). i understand that it worked for the PS2 (DVD), but i'm not sure if Blu-ray will. So far, Sony is 2 for 3 (can we agree now that UMD is a failure?). elpoep

If you are a sheep you are missing out.  You don't own a PS2?

A 360? 

Any how, you would'nt buy a PS3 for $399?

no, i don't own any last gen systems but i am thinking about getting a 360. i need to get my shooters and RPGs somewhere. i seriously wouldn't buy a PS3 for $399 tho. if i had a HDTV that did 1080p and knew that blu-ray would win the format war, i'd consider it. but beside that, i'd probably have to say no.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
They will come up but, imma stick to my 360