Sony Direct: Web Based Conference To Announce PS Vita Games (Lol PS Vita)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 JLF1MarkII
Member since 2012 • 1416 Posts

Why should he have to?

Imagine if Windows 7 wasn't backwards compatible with software designed for older versions of Windows, or imagine if modern day CPUs and GPUs weren't BC with older software, it would be an outrage...

It's amazing how some people try to undermine the importance of backwards compatbility... sad.

And Vita is doomed for bigger reasons outside of the lack of UMD BC, though it is still a reason. PSP is outselling the Vita badly in Japan right now.

PillyChickle

Um, PSP software is compatible with the Vita. If you bought a PSP game through PSN on your PSP you can play it on the Vita.

The UMD is an outdated piece of hardware that would simply cost too much money and was too easy to pirate. If the Vita used UMD and still wouldn't have PSP UMDs work in it you would have a point.

Did you also complain when he Gamecube wasn't compatible with the N64 cartridges? It's simply, you want to play your UMDs? Keep your PSP. Deal with it.

PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 PillyChickle
Member since 2011 • 745 Posts

[QUOTE="PillyChickle"]

Why should he have to?

Imagine if Windows 7 wasn't backwards compatible with software designed for older versions of Windows, or imagine if modern day CPUs and GPUs weren't BC with older software, it would be an outrage...

It's amazing how some people try to undermine the importance of backwards compatbility... sad.

And Vita is doomed for bigger reasons outside of the lack of UMD BC, though it is still a reason. PSP is outselling the Vita badly in Japan right now.

JLF1MarkII

Um, PSP software is compatible with the Vita. If you bought a PSP game through PSN on your PSP you can play it on the Vita.

The UMD is an outdated piece of hardware that would simply cost too much money and was too easy to pirate. If the Vita used UMD and still wouldn't have PSP UMDs work in it you would have a point.

Did you also complain when he Gamecube wasn't compatible with the N64 cartridges? It's simply, you want to play your UMDs? Keep your PSP. Deal with it.

I'm talking UMDs, obviously.

That's Sony's problem. The point is that people paid premium for physical PSP games, and people would be hard pressed to pay twice for a game they already have. Fact is that the PSP is cannibalising the Vita in Japan, if the Vita was BC with UMDs, I doubt this would be happening.

It's a nuisance, yes. But standards have changed since then, Sony have no excuses.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I don't own a PSP but might get a Vita. It's gonna suck that I won't get to play some PSP games since they aren't on the back catalog on Vita.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
The vita will dominate handheld gaming. i can see the future lineup now: FF15 Persona 5 Uncharted mp Silent Hill Resident Evil Demons Souls 2 KZ 4 Resistance 4 The Last Guardian 2 The last of us 2 MLB Tha Show 13 NHL 13 Fifa 13 (all online) Bioshock Dead Space 3 the list goes on and on folks, no handheld in history, nor iphony gaming can touch this piece of hardware in terms of hardware, games, development, and development support. I think it will last at least 10 years as the #1 handheld in history. Come E3, the games will speak.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]The vita will dominate handheld gaming. i can see the future lineup now: FF15 Persona 5 Uncharted mp Silent Hill Resident Evil Demons Souls 2 KZ 4 Resistance 4 The Last Guardian 2 The last of us 2 MLB Tha Show 13 NHL 13 Fifa 13 (all online) Bioshock Dead Space 3 the list goes on and on folks, no handheld in history, nor iphony gaming can touch this piece of hardware in terms of hardware, games, development, and development support. I think it will last at least 10 years as the #1 handheld in history. Come E3, the games will speak.

will there be anything left for the ps4? :P
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Can't wait. Vita has been destroying the 3DS with it's launch library, and will continue the curb stomping with the upcoming titles.
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

Hell yeah this is why i love March! not only does Spring begin with this month but it always has tons of game announcments, tons of game releases, my brithday :P and more!

i get really excited when i know sony is about to announce something :P

finalstar2007

LOL I knew I liked you for a reason, my bday is in March too (15th)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#108 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]The vita will dominate handheld gaming. i can see the future lineup now: FF15 Persona 5 Uncharted mp Silent Hill Resident Evil Demons Souls 2 KZ 4 Resistance 4 The Last Guardian 2 The last of us 2 MLB Tha Show 13 NHL 13 Fifa 13 (all online) Bioshock Dead Space 3 the list goes on and on folks, no handheld in history, nor iphony gaming can touch this piece of hardware in terms of hardware, games, development, and development support. I think it will last at least 10 years as the #1 handheld in history. Come E3, the games will speak.

Can't wait. Vita has been destroying the 3DS with it's launch library, and will continue the curb stomping with the upcoming titles.ispeakfact
Talk about delusional...
RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

Thank god they didn't drop support for it yet. I want Resistance and Killzone!

And everyone knows an inFamous spin off would be a system seller!

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]The vita will dominate handheld gaming. i can see the future lineup now: FF15 Persona 5 Uncharted mp Silent Hill Resident Evil Demons Souls 2 KZ 4 Resistance 4 The Last Guardian 2 The last of us 2 MLB Tha Show 13 NHL 13 Fifa 13 (all online) Bioshock Dead Space 3 the list goes on and on folks, no handheld in history, nor iphony gaming can touch this piece of hardware in terms of hardware, games, development, and development support. I think it will last at least 10 years as the #1 handheld in history. Come E3, the games will speak.

Can't wait. Vita has been destroying the 3DS with it's launch library, and will continue the curb stomping with the upcoming titles.ispeakfact
Talk about delusional...

More like sarcastic fakeboy/trolls. :P
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
besides, Japan =/= world, just like America =/= world.. world = worldRenzokucant
Thank you for clearing that up. I was getting confused. Maybe I should get off SW?
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

That will not dominate. That + some actual exclusives might have a shot. If Nintendo stopped making games.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Teaser featuring Japanese developers LINK

The people in the vid are (via gaf):

• Satoshi Sakai (Sega): Phantasy Star Universe/Portable
  • Katsura Hashino (Atlus): SMT/Persona
  • Toshihiro Kondo (Falcom): Legend of Heroes/Ys
  • Takanobu Terada (Bandai Namco Games): Super Robot Wars

Possibly related Phantasy Star Victory?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

shinrabanshou

Meh to all of those :( , unless Atlus is the same Atlus that published Demon's Souls, in which case I'm listening.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 shinrabanshou

Meh to all of those :( , unless Atlus is the same Atlus that published Demon's Souls, in which case I'm listening.

_Matt_

Atlus is the Atlus that make Persona and Shin Megami Tensei... although yes, they did publish Demon's Souls - it's not what they're known for or at least not what they should be known for considering the quality of their games.

Anyway, the announcements are geared towards Japan. And Phantasy Star is a pretty successful series there.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]they NEED japanese centric games... badcharizard1605
To quote myself from Neogaf: [Quote=" "]A new Demons/Dark Souls game exclusive to the Vita by From Software. It's the one arrangement that would really not only legitimize the Vita in Japan, but also open up the series to a wider audience.

I'm not interested in the vita at all but THAT would make me buy it in a second! If they do it I hope it's demon's souls 2 and not dark/crap souls 2
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#120 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

More Japanese games that'll never see the light of day overseas?

Gxgear
May not be released over here but remember PSV is region free unlike the 3DS so you could just buy them online.
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

shinrabanshou

I know I'm probably the only one that wants itbut now that Asura's Wrath is out Cyber Connect 2 and Namco Bandai need to make another .Hack// game for the Vita!!!!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] To quote myself from Neogaf: [Quote=" "]A new Demons/Dark Souls game exclusive to the Vita by From Software. It's the one arrangement that would really not only legitimize the Vita in Japan, but also open up the series to a wider audience.

I'm not interested in the vita at all but THAT would make me buy it in a second! If they do it I hope it's demon's souls 2 and not dark/crap souls 2

notice how he called it a series...

eeeeeeh ....
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
gonna be at work during this... :/
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
gonna be at work during this... :/Bangerman15
sucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

shinrabanshou
If this is it, it won't be enough.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 shinrabanshou

If this is it, it won't be enough.charizard1605
Phantasy Star was a mid-to-high tier PSP seller, and SRW is mid-tier. It's good for the system to get more of these titles: Hatsune Miku is also expected and I wouldn't be that surprised if a Yakuza game ends up on it.

BUT they still need a high-to-god tier game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]If this is it, it won't be enough.shinrabanshou

Phantasy Star was a mid-to-high tier PSP seller, and SRW is mid-tier. It's good for the system to get more of these titles.

These mid tier games can be good for the slow seasons that every season is bound to eventually experience. However, it is important for every system to have its own unique system seller. Worldwide as well as in Japan, but more in Japan than anywhere else, the Vita still lacks its system selling title. A Phantasy Star won't change that much. Sony needs something else entirely. Like I said, a Souls game. If they find that they CANT secure any system selling exclusives, then it may be time for them to create one.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]If this is it, it won't be enough.charizard1605

Phantasy Star was a mid-to-high tier PSP seller, and SRW is mid-tier. It's good for the system to get more of these titles.

These mid tier games can be good for the slow seasons that every season is bound to eventually experience. However, it is important for every system to have its own unique system seller. Worldwide as well as in Japan, but more in Japan than anywhere else, the Vita still lacks its system selling title. A Phantasy Star won't change that much. Sony needs something else entirely. Like I said, a Souls game. If they find that they CANT secure any system selling exclusives, then it may be time for them to create one.

I don't really get how a Souls game would be more likely to move hardware than a Phantasy Star or Super Robot Wars - considering the latter franchises sell more than the Souls games (Phantasy Star Portable has probably sold as much as the entire Souls series in Japan.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]Phantasy Star was a mid-to-high tier PSP seller, and SRW is mid-tier. It's good for the system to get more of these titles.

shinrabanshou

I don't really get how a Souls game would be more likely to move hardware than a Phantasy Star or Super Robot Wars - considering the latter franchises sell more than the Souls games (Phantasy Star Portable has probably sold as much as the entire Souls series in Japan.)

If I remember correctly, Dark Souls literally exploded its first week on sale in Japan, right? Anyway, I assume that Souls on Vita would see a kind of renaissance in popularity that Monster Hunter did on the PSP- the games were never anything special as far as commercial success went on the home consoles, but int he handheld environment, they thrived. I foresee something very similar for Souls and Vita.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#130 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

charizard1605

Phantasy Star Victory alone would make me jump for joy. Another SMT game would seal the deal. :o Price cut would be ideal, but that doesn't like the type of place to reveal such information.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 shinrabanshou

If I remember correctly, Dark Souls literally exploded its first week on sale in Japan, right? Anyway, I assume that Souls on Vita would see a kind of renaissance in popularity that Monster Hunter did on the PSP- the games were never anything special as far as commercial success went on the home consoles, but int he handheld environment, they thrived. I foresee something very similar for Souls and Vita.charizard1605
Dark Souls did a good 300K+ over its first few weeks. Demon's Souls has done around 250K iirc.

But the Phantasy Star Portable Games have done around 600K a piece.

But you could be right, maybe the Souls will find a home on portable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

Eponique

Phantasy Star Victory alone would make me jump for joy. Another SMT game would seal the deal. :o Price cut would be ideal, but that doesn't like the type of place to reveal such information.

My post was not a judgement on the quality of these games, but rather just one on the sales potential of these titles, which is admittedly much lesser than what the Vita needs at the moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] If I remember correctly, Dark Souls literally exploded its first week on sale in Japan, right? Anyway, I assume that Souls on Vita would see a kind of renaissance in popularity that Monster Hunter did on the PSP- the games were never anything special as far as commercial success went on the home consoles, but int he handheld environment, they thrived. I foresee something very similar for Souls and Vita.shinrabanshou

Dark Souls did a good 300K+ over its first few weeks. Demon's Souls has done around 250K iirc.

But the Phantasy Star Games have done around 600K a piece.

But you could be right, maybe the Souls will find a home on portable.

The social structure of the games is ideal. If Sony gets From to make Demons Souls on the Vita, then they could have a system selling franchise on their hands for their handheld system, and the best thing is, it would be THEIR franchise. There would be no risk of them losing it to Nintendo the next generation, because its THEIR franchise. It's one of the best moves they could make, why won't they? I really hope they do. Btw shinra, do you have any indication as to whether we can expect any Wii U information at GDC? If yes, when?
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#134 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"] My post was not a judgement on the quality of these games, but rather just one on the sales potential of these titles, which is admittedly much lesser than what the Vita needs at the moment.

Phantasy Star is pretty huge. Isn't it the third best selling franchise on the PSP after Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy? The games are usually international million sellers and sell 600k+ in Japan. That would make it bigger than games like Kingdom Hearts 3D :P
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 shinrabanshou

The social structure of the games is ideal. If Sony gets From to make Demons Souls on the Vita, then they could have a system selling franchise on their hands for their handheld system, and the best thing is, it would be THEIR franchise. There would be no risk of them losing it to Nintendo the next generation, because its THEIR franchise. It's one of the best moves they could make, why won't they? I really hope they do. Btw shinra, do you have any indication as to whether we can expect any Wii U information at GDC? If yes, when?charizard1605
I'm as in the dark as you.

Nintendo of America are an exhibitor. Not sure if any Nintendo engineers or game designers are giving talks.

---

Also that Demon's Souls was Sony owned, didn't really stop the creation of Dark Souls though. If it blew up on portable, little would stop From Software from making a new Souls IP for 3DS, Vita or both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The social structure of the games is ideal. If Sony gets From to make Demons Souls on the Vita, then they could have a system selling franchise on their hands for their handheld system, and the best thing is, it would be THEIR franchise. There would be no risk of them losing it to Nintendo the next generation, because its THEIR franchise. It's one of the best moves they could make, why won't they? I really hope they do. Btw shinra, do you have any indication as to whether we can expect any Wii U information at GDC? If yes, when?shinrabanshou

I'm as in the dark as you.

Nintendo of America are an exhibitor. Not sure if any Nintendo engineers or game designers are giving talks.

---

Also that Demon's Souls was Sony owned, didn't really stop the creation of Dark Souls though. If it blew up on portable, little would stop From Software from making a new Souls IP for 3DS, Vita or both.

Ah okay, thanks. As for that, yes, you are right. However, From only made Dark Souls because of Sony's mishandling of Demons Souls. That may well be water under the bridge- but remember, even if From did set out to create a Dark Souls 3D for the 3DS (which I find highly unlikely, but okay), Sony itself owns Demons Souls, and they could always counter it with a 'true' Souls game. Something tells me that a Souls game would have much more of an impact on the Vita than it would on the 3DS anyway.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 shinrabanshou

Ah okay, thanks. As for that, yes, you are right. However, From only made Dark Souls because of Sony's mishandling of Demons Souls. That may well be water under the bridge- but remember, even if From did set out to create a Dark Souls 3D for the 3DS (which I find highly unlikely, but okay), Sony itself owns Demons Souls, and they could always counter it with a 'true' Souls game. Something tells me that a Souls game would have much more of an impact on the Vita than it would on the 3DS anyway.charizard1605
It would probably be better received on the Vita, I imagine.

A thought that crossed my mind was that Dragon's Dogma could work on the Vita. Maybe only Capcom can compete with MonHun.

The other one was God Eater - Sony should have gotten Squenix to make God Eater 2 for the Vita.

----

Also, had a look, two Nintendo speaker I could find:-

Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land Game DesignKoichi Hayashida (Nintendo)Existential Crisis: Do We Really Need AI? AI SummitSteve RabinSo not sure we'll get anything directly from Nintendo - maybe leaks?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Ah okay, thanks. As for that, yes, you are right. However, From only made Dark Souls because of Sony's mishandling of Demons Souls. That may well be water under the bridge- but remember, even if From did set out to create a Dark Souls 3D for the 3DS (which I find highly unlikely, but okay), Sony itself owns Demons Souls, and they could always counter it with a 'true' Souls game. Something tells me that a Souls game would have much more of an impact on the Vita than it would on the 3DS anyway.shinrabanshou

It would probably be better received on the Vita, I imagine.

A thought that crossed my mind was that Dragon's Dogma could work on the Vita. Maybe only Capcom can compete with MonHun.

The other one was God Eater - Sony should have gotten Squenix to make God Eater 2 for the Vita.

----

Also, had a look, two Nintendo speaker I could find:-

Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land Game DesignKoichi Hayashida (Nintendo)Existential Crisis: Do We Really Need AI? AI SummitSteve RabinSo not sure we'll get anything directly from Nintendo - maybe leaks?

Dragon's Dogma would actually be great, although would Capcom want to risk the dilution of its brand by propping up its own competition? And the PSP/PS Vita game development situation is a mess. The one thing I can say, I suppose, is that at least Sony has focused all its first party resources towards the PS Vita, which is more than I can say for Nintendo with the DS and 3DS (*cough Pokemon Black/White 2, cough*) And those seem disappointing :? Maybe we'll get tangential information via third parties? Like today's announcement that AssCreed 3 would be on the Wii U?
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
It's amazing how some people try to undermine the importance of backwards compatbility... sad.PillyChickl
Why do you stop at just complaining about the Vitas lack of BC? You do know my DS and 3DS can't play my Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and GBA games! In this day in age all of Nintendo's systems should be backwards compatible with their entire catalog right?!
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 shinrabanshou

Dragon's Dogma would actually be great, although would Capcom want to risk the dilution of its brand by propping up its own competition? And the PSP/PS Vita game development situation is a mess. The one thing I can say, I suppose, is that at least Sony has focused all its first party resources towards the PS Vita, which is more than I can say for Nintendo with the DS and 3DS (*cough Pokemon Black/White 2, cough*) And those seem disappointing :? Maybe we'll get tangential information via third parties? Like today's announcement that AssCreed 3 would be on the Wii U?charizard1605
If Dragon's Dogma does only moderately well - then I could see a potential port to Vita - where I think it would actually be more suited for the Japanese audience.

Dragon's Dogma Freedom.

Another thing I'm curious about is whether if Monster Hunter 4 does eventually get announced as multiplatform - whether the audience would migrate to the Vita or just remain on the 3DS. The Vita would in theory offer more suited controls, even if there's no disparity in graphical power, and 3G could serve a function. But people might be satisfied with just staying on the 3DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Dragon's Dogma would actually be great, although would Capcom want to risk the dilution of its brand by propping up its own competition? And the PSP/PS Vita game development situation is a mess. The one thing I can say, I suppose, is that at least Sony has focused all its first party resources towards the PS Vita, which is more than I can say for Nintendo with the DS and 3DS (*cough Pokemon Black/White 2, cough*) And those seem disappointing :? Maybe we'll get tangential information via third parties? Like today's announcement that AssCreed 3 would be on the Wii U?shinrabanshou

If Dragon's Dogma does only moderately well - then I could see a potential port to Vita - where I think it would actually be more suited for the Japanese audience.

Dragon's Dogma Freedom.

Another thing I'm curious about is whether if Monster Hunter 4 does eventually get announced as multiplatform - whether the audience would migrate to the Vita or just remain on the 3DS. The Vita would in theory offer more suited controls, even if there's no disparity in graphical power, and 3G could serve a function. But people might be satisfied with just staying on the 3DS.

And if THAT explodes like Monster Hunter did, Capcom will indeed be in an enviable position, though they will then have the UNenviable task of juggling two very similar franchises that could potentially cannibalize each other. And assuming Monster Hunter 4 goes multiplatform, I think it depends- are we looking at a multiplatform release starting day one, or are we looking at the game being ported to the Vita later?
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 shinrabanshou

And if THAT explodes like Monster Hunter did, Capcom will indeed be in an enviable position, though they will then have the UNenviable task of juggling two very similar franchises that could potentially cannibalize each other. And assuming Monster Hunter 4 goes multiplatform, I think it depends- are we looking at a multiplatform release starting day one, or are we looking at the game being ported to the Vita later?charizard1605
I'm thinking more the situation of a multiplatform simultaneous release.

I wonder how the Japanese consumer would react.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] And if THAT explodes like Monster Hunter did, Capcom will indeed be in an enviable position, though they will then have the UNenviable task of juggling two very similar franchises that could potentially cannibalize each other. And assuming Monster Hunter 4 goes multiplatform, I think it depends- are we looking at a multiplatform release starting day one, or are we looking at the game being ported to the Vita later?shinrabanshou

I'm thinking more the situation of a multiplatform simultaneous release.

I wonder how the Japanese consumer would react.

It depends on how securely Capcom manages to transition the fanbase from the PSP to the 3DS. I'd say they have done a good job with Tri G, but is it enough? I suppose most gamers wouldn't be arsed to go buy an entirely new system for some minor enhancements to a game, when they could just get it for the system they already own. Moreover, there is the community effect- most of them will just buy the game on the 3DS, because their friends will be buying it on the 3DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
8 hours left, folks.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#145 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Final Fantasy game! thats all i want or show us CoD playing on vita

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Sooo?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Sooo?Giancar
Yooooooo
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#148 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"]Sooo?charizard1605
Yooooooo

like mudkipz?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Giancar"]Sooo?zarshack

Yooooooo

like mudkipz?

I liek Mudkipz
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

This is apparently at 6am EST, huh? lol f*ck that I'll be asleep then.

Hopefully when I awake I'll see some good stuff announced and if not, oh well.