Sonic and All star racing transformed scores high on IGN.83 on 3DJuegos

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

the runner up in kart racer is shaping up to be sonic all star racing...

going to pikc this up when its cheap

burgeg

Ah the ignorance. Because nothing could possibly top Mario Kart, right? Runner up my arse. I'm sorry, but to say any Mario Kart is even in the same league as this game is an insult. It's an insult to Sumo and it's an insult to the gaming industry in general. You see, this is why I ****ing hate nostalgia, and hate nostalgia blinded fanboys. This game is FACTUALLY the best kart racer ever. Best track design, most and highest quality sp content, the greatest visual spectacle, best online mp, the most heart, the best fanservice, the best controls, the biggest sense of speed and is the most balanced yet is still hectic fun. I could go on. There is literally NOTHING Mario Kart does better. Same goes for Crash Team Racing. But you and all those other MK fanboys won't open your eyes to see that will you? I'd like to see a Mario Kart fan try and argue with me on this. I highly doubt anyone can come up with a legit argument in favour of any Mario Kart game. That's because there is none.

It's an absolute disgrace that this game will never get the recognition it deserves simply because it isn't from a longtime established brand. And people b**** about COD having such a big fanbase when it isn't the best shooter? Please. The Mario Kart series and its fans puts that in perspective. This game is the most ambitious kart racer to date, and better still it actually lives up to that ambition. As I said, there is no aspect of the game that it doesn't absolutely blow away every other kart racer. No Mario Kart game is in the same league. Crash Team Racing isn't in the same league.

The saddest part about all of this is that if people weren't so blinded by nostalgia and fanboyism, more people would give this game the praise it deserves and more people would give the MK series the criticism it deserves. You know what that would lead to? BETTER MARIO KART GAMES! Mario Kart games that don't do the absolute bare minimum. Mario Kart games that have the kind of advances to the genre and general effort put in to them that Sumo have done with this game. I would LOVE it if the next Mario Kart game came along and destryed Transformed in quality. I'd love it. But that won't happen because unfortunately Mario Kart games continue to get unwarranted praise and sell insanely well, while amazing games like this are forgotten quickly. Thank god we've got developers like Sumo around though. If Nintendo won't progress the genre, at least Sumo will.

Have you played the game?

Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

burgeg

Ah the ignorance. Because nothing could possibly top Mario Kart, right? Runner up my arse. I'm sorry, but to say any Mario Kart is even in the same league as this game is an insult. It's an insult to Sumo and it's an insult to the gaming industry in general. You see, this is why I ****ing hate nostalgia, and hate nostalgia blinded fanboys. This game is FACTUALLY the best kart racer ever. Best track design, most and highest quality sp content, the greatest visual spectacle, best online mp, the most heart, the best fanservice, the best controls, the biggest sense of speed and is the most balanced yet is still hectic fun. I could go on. There is literally NOTHING Mario Kart does better. Same goes for Crash Team Racing. But you and all those other MK fanboys won't open your eyes to see that will you? I'd like to see a Mario Kart fan try and argue with me on this. I highly doubt anyone can come up with a legit argument in favour of any Mario Kart game. That's because there is none.

It's an absolute disgrace that this game will never get the recognition it deserves simply because it isn't from a longtime established brand. And people b**** about COD having such a big fanbase when it isn't the best shooter? Please. The Mario Kart series and its fans puts that in perspective. This game is the most ambitious kart racer to date, and better still it actually lives up to that ambition. As I said, there is no aspect of the game that it doesn't absolutely blow away every other kart racer. No Mario Kart game is in the same league. Crash Team Racing isn't in the same league.

The saddest part about all of this is that if people weren't so blinded by nostalgia and fanboyism, more people would give this game the praise it deserves and more people would give the MK series the criticism it deserves. You know what that would lead to? BETTER MARIO KART GAMES! Mario Kart games that don't do the absolute bare minimum. Mario Kart games that have the kind of advances to the genre and general effort put in to them that Sumo have done with this game. I would LOVE it if the next Mario Kart game came along and destryed Transformed in quality. I'd love it. But that won't happen because unfortunately Mario Kart games continue to get unwarranted praise and sell insanely well, while amazing games like this are forgotten quickly. Thank god we've got developers like Sumo around though. If Nintendo won't progress the genre, at least Sumo will.

Ha, and you're the guy who claims CTR is better than Mario Kart. A game that was better than any Mario Kart if we talk about about singleplayer, there I agree. Apart from that, multiplayer was a joke against Mario Kart 64, in that case CTR was so **** that nobody plays it anymore. Deal with it.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Who knows... this game might actually be better than Mario Kart for some.

I doubt it will get close to the sales of it though, so their will be probably many opinions opposing the idea that just maybe its better than Mario Kart.

Can't say everything about it unless you try it contrary to just looking at review scores. Hell... LBP Karting could be the most awesome game ever for you and still got a **** score. Of course you probably won't find out if you look at scores a lot and more precise user reviews.

Its really tough though to play a game that has gotten a bad wrap due to cautious pessimism so I'm not surprised by some reactions on here.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Wild_man_22

Have you played the game?

I've had the game since thursday. Next question?

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

burgeg

Allright allright allready....I'm buying it....sheesh....lol.....Seriously this game looks dope
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Lolno and LOLNO

Truth hurts doesnt? Mario Kart has been meh for a while. Sonics here to show the plumber whats up. SMG was good but Sonic Generations was AMAZING! Platforming bliss. Sega needs to make a Sega party fighter. Its the next step in stomping Mario

Mario Kart Wii sucked, and 7 was meh, but DS and double Dash were incredible. Unless Sonic gets a kart racer as good as those, I don't think Mario Kart has to concede its throne. And haha, Sonic Generations was excellent, and I am one of its biggest proponents (Colors was better, just FYI), but lol at trying to even imply that it was in the same league as the Mario Galaxy games.

See I think MK7 is great, and Double Dash is the stinker of the series. Also, Sonic scored a 9/10 at Eurogamer.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I never had the first game but if this has online play for the PC I'll definitely get it!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

it looks cool. For some time now I've been craving for some Kart Racing action and since LBP Karting was a total flop I might buy this one for Christmas after getting the Mass Effect Trilogy of-course.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Finally found a copy at Target, after I had three places tell me it wasn't out yet
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Does it have the announcer from the first game?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

After playing the demo, I'm fairly impressed. Panzer Dragoon? Golden Axe? Ristar as the flag holder? Wow. Just from the little time I've spent with it, I already think it's waaaaaaaaaay more fun than any Mario Kart game I've bothered with. With the releases of Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations (my game of the gen), Sonic CD Remake, NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio, Sonic & SEGA All Star Racing, and the soon to be, SEGA Model 2 collection, SEGA and Sonic Team have really stepped up in the last 3 years. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5e9044657a310

Have spent a few hours with the game today. Totally random thoughts

- Probably shouldn't have played the first in preparation of the sequel. They have a totally different feel.

- Why did they nerf my boy Amiga? Also why does every racer feel almost exactly the same?

- All Stars are useless now. For what I've experienced they all have the same effect no matter the character with basically no difference.

- A Kart Racer with an actual physics engine!!! It's no GT5, but the karts have weight and react to the surface that you are on.

- With three Surfaces, no character is aces on all three. Every character has a weakness rather it be air, sea, or tarmac. While it's great that the game is balanced, it makes all characters feel the same.

- Boats are tough!! Like in real life subtle movements are your friend. When on water any drastic or jerky movement will only result in killing your momentum and slowing you down.

- Does it really look better that the first one?

- Some of the tracks are downright brilliant. The first time you play the Afterburner track, I dare you not to smile. However sometimes it can be hard to tell where you can go and where you can't. Resulting in off tracks and out of bounds when you though you where just taking a shortcut.

- Game is tough!!! I'm an accomplished Racing game player and I've only actually won a handfull of races. The goals of the race vary depending on the level you choose, but don't expect to win every race!!

- Why does Danica Patrick, the most boring, overhyped Race Car Driver in real life, have the coolest car and transformations I've unlocked so far?

- Game just drops you in with little explanation of what to do, or how to do it. I'm still not sure how to boost at the start of a race, even though I manage to do it at times. I started with world tour, just because it was there.

- At first I was bothered by the boost mechanic and how everything seems to have a delay to it. But after playing a while I can see why they did so, allowing you to switch corners and direction, while still maintaining drift momentum.

- The Nights Course is a hoot!! Although really confusing to navigate at first!!

- Lots to do!! I've played for over three hours, and still am not sure of all the different game modes there are, or how to even play against other players online.

- I bought the bonus edition, and downloaded the bonus content from the PSN store, but do not see it anywhere in game. Did I get ripped off?

I'm not ready to call it the greatest kart racer ever. But it is certainly a worthy purchase. Hope this game get's the attention it deserves and isn't simply dismissed as a cash in sequel.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I tired the demo and it's pretty fun even though it's kinda hard playing a racing game with a controller I barely use for racing games.I played the 360 demo.I bought the first All stars racing on the Wii.The graphics are great in the demo.I suck at flying in the air.And I keep on pressing the A button instead of the RT button.I don't know how ot do tricks yet.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Just bought the game! I've been playing for about two hours and I'm loving it! :D

The graphics are excellent for what they were trying to achieve, the music is wonderful especially if you the originals they are based on, the menus are super simple and well presented, and the gameplay is just superb and super responsive! It's extremely easy to learn yet there is a very big gap in between knowing how to play and actually mastering all of what the game offers Drifts, power ups, mods, water and air segments (sometimes the "segments" last full laps!!) and all the modes the game has! Seriously for 40 Euros this game is packed! In between all the SG modes I can easily see it giving me 30 to 50 hours, if not more!

And there's all those little details which just make the game transform from great to excellent IMO:

• Ristar is the one who starts the race, confirms the laps and ends the race :P Small but cool touch (not sure if it was the same in the first game);
  • In the water segments you can find huge swirls (I think this is the term in English...) AND when objects hit the water (imagine big rocks falling from above) they create big waves which not only make it harder for you to proceed with speed but also can completely change your course if you don't prepare or aren't focused;
  • The air segments are really like good old air dog fights :P it's a race to the powers boxes to try to either catch up to your opponents;
  • There are challenges in between races (in career mode) that also help break the monotony, and so far they've been actually challenging but also fun, very fun! You really feel a sense of accomplishment when you beat them in hard :P ;
  • Speaking of hard difficulty, the game is extremely balanced when it comes to AI! Hard is obviously hard but it isn't unfair. If you master the track you can still win without needing to use that many powers. It can be frustrating at first, but after a few tries you start to understand what you need to do. Medium is probably the most fun difficulty since it provides a decent challenge yet allows you to enjoy the track and scenery.

And probably many more that I'll only find out as I play the game more and more.

All in all pretty awesome job by Sega and Sumo! :D I can now see where all those great reviews came from! The games is charming, extremely well executed and most importantly very, very fun!

Desmonic
Great initial review.. :) I'm definitely picking this one up.. loved the first game although online was a ghost town.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

Have spent a few hours with the game today. Totally random thoughts

- Probably shouldn't have played the first in preparation of the sequel. They have a totally different feel.

- Why did they nerf my boy Amiga? Also why does every racer feel almost exactly the same?

- All Stars are useless now. For what I've experienced they all have the same effect no matter the character with basically no difference.

- A Kart Racer with an actual physics engine!!! It's no GT5, but the karts have weight and react to the surface that you are on.

- With three Surfaces, no character is aces on all three. Every character has a weakness rather it be air, sea, or tarmac. While it's great that the game is balanced, it makes all characters feel the same.

- Boats are tough!! Like in real life subtle movements are your friend. When on water any drastic or jerky movement will only result in killing your momentum and slowing you down.

- Does it really look better that the first one?

- Some of the tracks are downright brilliant. The first time you play the Afterburner track, I dare you not to smile. However sometimes it can be hard to tell where you can go and where you can't. Resulting in off tracks and out of bounds when you though you where just taking a shortcut.

- Game is tough!!! I'm an accomplished Racing game player and I've only actually won a handfull of races. The goals of the race vary depending on the level you choose, but don't expect to win every race!!

- Why does Danica Patrick, the most boring, overhyped Race Car Driver in real life, have the coolest car and transformations I've unlocked so far?

- Game just drops you in with little explanation of what to do, or how to do it. I'm still not sure how to boost at the start of a race, even though I manage to do it at times. I started with world tour, just because it was there.

- At first I was bothered by the boost mechanic and how everything seems to have a delay to it. But after playing a while I can see why they did so, allowing you to switch corners and direction, while still maintaining drift momentum.

- The Nights Course is a hoot!! Although really confusing to navigate at first!!

- Lots to do!! I've played for over three hours, and still am not sure of all the different game modes there are, or how to even play against other players online.

- I bought the bonus edition, and downloaded the bonus content from the PSN store, but do not see it anywhere in game. Did I get ripped off?

I'm not ready to call it the greatest kart racer ever. But it is certainly a worthy purchase. Hope this game get's the attention it deserves and isn't simply dismissed as a cash in sequel.

Desmonic

I also got the limited edition for the PS3 and got the Metal Sonic and the Outrun Bay track DLC. Metal Sonic appears in the character selection for any mode in the game, and the track should appear when you create a custom game or play a single race (still not sure if appears in the world tour mode). Maybe you need to download them again? :S

From the very beginning? I'll give it a look. All that I downloaded from the code was an unlock key. Is that all there is?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Another Solid Review Venture Beat Also a nice article and Interview from Aaron Webber This years Halo/Call of Duty killer: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] I also got the limited edition for the PS3 and got the uetal Sonic and the Outrun Bay track DLC. Metal Sonic appears in the character selection for any mode in the game, and the track should appear when you create a custom game or play a single race (still not sure if appears in the world tour mode). Maybe you need to download them again? :SDesmonic
From the very beginning? I'll give it a look. All that I downloaded from the code was an unlock key. Is that all there is?

Yup, right from the start. And yes it was an unock key, it was only 100 kb or something.

Weird. I know I have it downloaded because I can see the file in the game data utility, it's just not showing up in game or being recognized for some reason.

May be a bug for the PS3 or something.

Hopefully they will get it sorted out.

Lems_R_Tools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lems_R_Tools
Member since 2012 • 247 Posts
Sonic Racing>>>>>>MK/LBPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

[QUOTE="Desmonic"] Yup, right from the start. And yes it was an unock key, it was only 100 kb or something. Desmonic

Weird. I know I have it downloaded because I can see the file in the game data utility, it's just not showing up in game or being recognized for some reason.

May be a bug for the PS3 or something.

Hopefully they will get it sorted out.

That sucks :S You should try to send and email to Sega or something, maybe even post in one of their forums. The more people report problems the more aware they'll be of them. Hopefully they'll fix it fast. Metal Sonic is pretty damn cool in the game! He seems to be the only one (from the ones I've playe so far) that is "ok" in all terrains (air, water and land). His advantage is really that, being very consistent on all three, making for very stable races (as in, after you gain a place it's hard to lose it to the AI). I was expecting him tobe like Sonic and dominate on land, but it was a nice surprise :P

I've done some looking around and am not the only one having the problem. :shrugs: