So what were the big PC releases of 2014-15?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Is "Big Blockbuster Release" something the filthy peasants use to make them feel better about their flopped games with expensive marketing campaigns?

Am I doing it right?

Ignoring the obvious trolling.... what qualifies as a "Big Blockbuster Release"? The only thing that comes to mind is a game with a large marketing campaign that eats a good portion of budget. I understand that on consoles this is required to compete and move titles, but on PC we have easy access to Youtube, Twitch, etc where developers can focus their time and money to you know.... actually develop the game and allow word of mouth to indicate whether it's worthy of your money.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Civilization Beyond Earth

...granted it is a black eye in the Civ franchise, but still a AAA release

What? It's a new entry in one of the longest running and biggest strategy series in video game history

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Kind of prefer the lack of AAA games on PC. Means that we get more interesting and different games.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@blamix99 said:

@silversix_ said:

Divinity was better than any console exclusive on all platforms

Super Mario 3D and Bayonetta says haluuu

Bayonetta was incredibly cringe worthy.... but then I will accept my own bias here because I find the hack n slash genre incredibly tedious and repetitive..... the theme/story/characters just made that 10x worse.... I've played most DMC games, god of Wars, Castlevanias ...... but ironically for once I would take them over the perfection and 60 FPS of Bayonettas gameplay ... something I will very rarely EVER say...

I just stopped playing it.... despite having good gameplay it was obsurd, childish (not in the good way) felt like something a 15 year old teenager dreamed up. And no, I'm not apposed to "Sex appeal in games" quite the opposite... it wasn't just the sexual themes... it was every other aspect of the theme, voice acting, story ... pitiful. I felt abit ambarrased playing it in front of the misses... and I've played many more cheesy anime games in front of her than this (hell she has too)...

Great gameplay .... behind one of the most un-enjoyable everything-elses in existence.

Super Mario 3D world:

Single player - a dissapointed luke warm experience compared to past games (Galaxies/64 and even sunshine.).

Multplayer - best mario multiplayer game for a kick around.

As much as I love my Wii U , those 2 games in particular are in my mind some of the most dissapointing games to score that high.... simply because while they do well in one area, they often dissapoint in others... games like that getting 9s and 10s? the review scoring system is a load of S*it.

still bigger on MC, have you really played Mario64? cause if your saying Mario64 is better than Mario3D then i have no idea what kind of games you like. mario64 is a shitty game compared to Mario3D and has shitty controls too

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

What? It's a new entry in one of the longest running and biggest strategy series in video game history

Didn't you get the memo?

Only regurgitated "cinematic" shooters count as AAA.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jankarcop

@nethernova said:

Well, looking at that poor list, it's not surprising that everybody in this thread is so passive aggressive.

That "poor" list usually trumps consoles lists at GS and MC, which probably won't be hard this year....considering FiveClub and The Do Not Order.

The passive aggressiveness is because the OP is a well known troll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#57 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@silversix_ said:

@blamix99 said:

@silversix_ said:

Divinity was better than any console exclusive on all platforms

Super Mario 3D and Bayonetta says haluuu

they're trash compared to Divinity, not even in the same league.

Super Mario 3D World is an excellent compelling experience, complete with the best coin collecting and koopa-troopa-shell-throwing simulation I've ever experienced.

It is, however, not a 2014-2015 game.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@blamix99 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

there you go, i just took all the shit out and left 4 gems

There I fixed it.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

cut the honest question bullshit. we all know this is a pc bashing thread in disguise.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jankarcop

Divinity, Warlords, Civilizations, Total War > Fiveclub and The Do Not Order.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Didn't you get the memo?

Only regurgitated "cinematic" shooters count as AAA.

Oooooh! I understand, and here I was thinking TC was just being foolish!

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Simple question, no simple answer. Thats why local "master race" clowns are so annoyed by this simple question. The reality is that there is not a single blockbuster PC exclusive in the last 2 years (at least), because the sales would not be high enough to pay for such a game.

PC is ok for indie games lovers, if you want to play games with high production values (i.e. expensive motion capturing technology, top notch voice acting, overall polish), buy a console. Thats also why you are perfectly fine with gaming on any laptop and there is zero reason to spend money for custom built powerhouse (which is an archaic concept anyway).

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

Simple question, no simple answer. Thats why local "master race" clowns are so annoyed by this simple question. The reality is that there is not a single blockbuster PC exclusive in the last 2 years (at least), because the sales would not be high enough to pay for such a game.

PC is ok for indie games lovers, if you want to play games with high production values (i.e. expensive motion capturing technology, top notch voice acting, overall polish), buy a console. Thats also why you are perfectly fine with gaming on any laptop and there is zero reason to spend money for custom built powerhouse (which is an archaic concept anyway).

fantastic delusion there.

Such a shame PC doesn't get more games like The Order and Destiny /s

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts
@BlbecekBobecek said:

So in other words movie games that are pick up and throw away? I'm pretty sure sales isn't an issue as niche and demanding games like Arma 3 mange to sell over a million. Either way blockbuster is not really something to be mocking us lacking for exclusives when you see how most of them turn out nowadays. The blockbuster market is something I can't see sustaining much longer as with big budgets the devs limit on innovation and creativity since they need to appeal to the lowest common denominator in order to make huge sales to pay off.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Use google to find out. If you just want to post a troll topic and then laugh at every and any response with no attempt to sincerely engage in any form of debate other than to annoy people please post elsewhere.