So remind me why GTA V is great ? (NO SPOILERS)

• 114 results
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

Ok. Maybe I am wrong. I just find suspicious that all secondary activities of Far Cry 3 migrated to GTA V :P

MORE LIKE ALL SECONDARY ACTIVITIES FROM RED DEAD REDEMPTION AND PAST GTA GAMES MIGRATED TO GTAV. Seriously, games copy each other all the time. The difference lies within how they implement the "copied" gameplay features. And that, young padawan, is what counts.

The problem is all previous sand boxes did it better than GTA V even if they copied from previous Rockstar games.

Far Cry 3 did better scuba diving, hunting, killing spree, assesination missions, it was more fun to wreak havoc, even driving was more challenging, scooter time races were just awesome, better island exploration.

Just Cause 2, bigger island, better tools to wreak havoc and probably better MP.

RDR had better shooting.

GTA4 had better shooting and characters motivations.

Archam City had better trophies, world exploration, melee combat and story .

Assasin Creed had better assesination and infilitration missions. Brotherhood had awesome Davinchi machines missions.

How is wreaking havoc more fun in FC 3? Give me one example that beats a sticky bomb at a major intersection. Hunting was half of the game in Far Cry 3. Assassination missions were the same thing everytime in FC 3 and they were quite tedious. How is driving in FC 3 more challenging than weaving through traffic at 80mph in GTA? Just Cause 2 is a lifeless, copy and paste world. Terrible ai as well. Assassins Creed hase better assassination missions? You dont say, thats like saying Gran Turismo had beter driving than FC 3. Arkham city is based around melee combat so its melee ought to be better than GTA.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

GTA 5 is full of rip-offs from other successful sandboxes.

Letter collecting = feather collecting of AC

Killing sprees = Rakyat Warrior challenges of FarCry3

Los Santos Island = Rip-off of tropical paradise theme of FarCry3

Scuba diving = Rip-off of FarCry3

Secondary objectives = full syncronization of AC

jhonMalcovich

First of all: those other sandboxes stole way more from GTA than GTA did from them. But hey, ever game rips off other games so complaining about that would be kind of silly, right ?

Second of all: Killing sprees a rip-off of Far Cry 3 ?!?! What?????? You do realize those were already in the very first GTA right. ?

Than thirdly: I don't even know how to respond to the bold part, that's just way too stupid.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] MORE LIKE ALL SECONDARY ACTIVITIES FROM RED DEAD REDEMPTION AND PAST GTA GAMES MIGRATED TO GTAV. Seriously, games copy each other all the time. The difference lies within how they implement the "copied" gameplay features. And that, young padawan, is what counts.Cranler

The problem is all previous sand boxes did it better than GTA V even if they copied from previous Rockstar games.

Far Cry 3 did better scuba diving, hunting, killing spree, assesination missions, it was more fun to wreak havoc, even driving was more challenging, scooter time races were just awesome, better island exploration.

Just Cause 2, bigger island, better tools to wreak havoc and probably better MP.

RDR had better shooting.

Assasin Creed had better assesination and infilitration missions. Brotherhood had awesome Davinchi machines missions.

How is wreaking havoc more fun in FC 3? Give me one example that beats a sticky bomb at a major intersection.

When taking out outposts. My favourite tactic would be infiltrating and setting sticking bombs at strategic points, the detonate them in a correct sequence killing all the guards in the process and getting stealth bonus for that.

:D

Or sticking explosive to the jeep, drive from the mountain to the outpost, jump out of the jeep, jeeps crashes agains a guard, wait for other guards that would approach the jeep to investigate, detonate explosives.

Did you forget that FC3 had sticky bombs too, explosive arrows, flamethrower, rocket launchers, etc. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

Ok. Maybe I am wrong. I just find suspicious that all secondary activities of Far Cry 3 migrated to GTA V :P

jhonMalcovich

MORE LIKE ALL SECONDARY ACTIVITIES FROM RED DEAD REDEMPTION AND PAST GTA GAMES MIGRATED TO GTAV. Seriously, games copy each other all the time. The difference lies within how they implement the "copied" gameplay features. And that, young padawan, is what counts.

RDR had better shooting.

None of the games listed in your post are sandbox games, they're open world games

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

R4gn4r0k

First of all: those other sandboxes stole way more from GTA than GTA did from them. But hey, ever game rips off other games so complaining about that would be kind of silly, right ?

Second of all: Killing sprees a rip-off of Far Cry 3 ?!?! What?????? You do realize those were already in the very first GTA right. ?

Than thirdly: I don't even know how to respond to the bold part, that's just way too stupid.

It´s true. Tropical paradise theme was quite trendy lately. I love it anyway. It´s actually one of the best part I like about GTA 5.

Just Cause 2, Dead Island, Far Cry 3, GTA5 and next AC 4, they all feature a tropical/paradise island.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cranler
[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

RDR had better shooting.

How is wreaking havoc more fun in FC 3? Give me one example that beats a sticky bomb at a major intersection.

When taking out outposts. My favourite tactic would be infiltrating and setting sticking bombs at strategic points, the detonate them in a correct sequence killing all the guards in the process and getting stealth bonus for that.

Or sticking explosive to the jeep, drive from the mountain to the outpost, jump out of the jeep, jeeps crashes agains a guard, wait for other guards that would approach the jeep to investigate, detonate explosives.

Did you forget that FC3 had sticky bombs too, explosive arrows, flamethrower, rocket launchers, etc. 

That sounds very tedious. So what if FC 3 has sticky bombs and other explosives? Doesnt mean theyre equally fun to use. Blow up random cars for sh#ts and giggles and then outrun the cops in the most finely simulated city of any game while listening to Baker St. GTA wins. No response to my other criticisms?
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Cranler
[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

It´s true. Tropical paradise theme was quite trendy lately. I love it anyway. It´s actually one of the best part I like about GTA 5.

Just Cause 2, Dead Island, Far Cry 3, GTA5 and next AC 4, they all feature a tropical/paradise island.

GTA 5 isnt based off of a tropical state for the 2nd time. South Florida is the only tropical region in North America. Vice City was and came out long before those games you mentioned
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] How is wreaking havoc more fun in FC 3? Give me one example that beats a sticky bomb at a major intersection. Cranler

That sounds very tedious. So what if FC 3 has sticky bombs and other explosives? Doesnt mean theyre equally fun to use. Blow up random cars for sh#ts and giggles and then outrun the cops in the most finely simulated city of any game while listening to Baker St. GTA wins. No response to my other criticisms?

In GTA 5 it would be fun to use, if it didn´t trigger immediately 2 stars of police  persecution.  GTA 5 should stick to the rule "No witnesses no crime". I shoot two guy in the middle of nowhere and police immediatly got wind of that. Not fun at all. And 3 stars is a death sentence. So there is no much space for havoc in GTAV. The police is too brutal. You shut down one helicopter and get two on your tail as a result.  

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

If you need someone to explain it, then you wont understand it and you will probably still hate it.

Ballroompirate

Thats just not true. Maybe GTA V and Rockstar genuinely just suck.

Yea I'm not gonna lose sleep over that at all, try harder next time.

Come On Pirate, don't be such a sour puss. So you found out the game you've been spending hours and hours on is not the legendary masterpiece you thought it, but its not the end of the world. Don't worry, you'l find something good one day. ;)
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

jhonMalcovich

In GTA 5 it would be fun to use, if it didn´t trigger immediately 2 stars of police  persecution.  GTA 5 should stick to the rule "No witnesses no crime". I shoot two guy in the middle of nowhere and police immediatly got wind of that. Not fun at all. And 3 stars is a death sentence. So there is no much space for havoc in GTAV. The police is too brutal. You shut down one helicopter and get two on your tail as a result.  

I agree with this, from previews I thought the wanted system would be mostly reliant on witnesses, and that causing a crime out in the middle of nowhere wouldn't earn you any wanted level. But in GTA V it's even worse than in GTA IV. Rockstar needs to patch this or something.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 R4gn4r0k

jhonMalcovich

I must be playing a different game than you. GTA V features no tropical paradise island that I know of.

GTA Vs world is based on Los Angeles and Southern California. Just like GTA:San Andreas. GTA Vs world is a lot more like San Andreas than it is like Far Cry 3.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

There is no perfect game every game that comes out some people will like it and some people will hate it, gta 5 got good reviews and sold very well and most people like it and that is all you can ask for from a game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

There is no perfect game every game that comes out some people will like it and some people will hate it, gta 5 got good reviews and sold very well and most people like it and that is all you can ask for from a game.

yukushi
and a bj.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

I am already at 55% of completion. By some reason, I have an impression that GTA V has less gameplay than all previous installments.

GTAV is basically about piloting different types of vehicles, exactly like all previous GTAs. No seriously, after 55% in, I completly burnt on GTAV.

All missions are built arround driving. Shootings are damn scarce and have usually zero tactics in them. The game lacks gameplay variety so badly.

It´s all about driving. The game dificulty resides in that. Most of the game is about putting you in different situations where you have to drive uncomfortable vehicles you have little familiarity with, usually being persued by police. I mean, almost all missions are about that, heists including.

When I played a few stealth missions, I was like "F*ck yeh", stealth made it to GTAV. The problem is they are really a few. Like only three in total. And I have thought they will have some depth in them. Well, I did was wrong.

And don´t start with "But GTAV has so many secondary activities". No it doesn´t. All secondary activities and missions are generic as **** and lack any depth.

All sport activities are challenging until you level up your characters. After that, it´s like walk in the park. And you will level up your characters really fast.

Tennis is quite generic and easy.

Yoga is a QTE fest.

Killing springs are dumb as f*ck because you don´t even have to take cover. It´s just duck shooting.

Platforming is almost absent.

Scuba diving is pointless because there is nothing interesting under water.

Heists are super scripted and not challenging at all.

Killing missions have zero creativity. I´m staying in the middle of the road with a sniper rifle and nobody gives a f*ck.

And as I already said, shooting missions, which GTA 4 had so many, are now so scarce. You can´t engage a good shooting because usually your target is either escaping or police is on their way.

So in the end, it all comes down to driving, driving, more driving, a little bit more driving, occasional piloting, occasional shooting, more driving.

At this point, I think Far Cry 3 was a much  better shooter and sandbox. IT had driving, shooting, stealth, exploring, platforming and light puzzles almost at the same proportion. The same is true for AC: Brotherhood aswell, a lot more interesting sandbox. Batman: Archam Origin...

speedfreak48t5p
Why are there still games with a stealth mechanic still being made? Stealth is crap and not fun at all. Stealth needs to go away entirely. Games should be fun. Stealth is not fun. Good thing GTA is a fun action game.

Stealth is only good if its the main focus of the game. Action games with stealth elements are absolutely dreadfull.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Cranler
[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

All games have faults. 3 star level is pretty easy to evade if you can drive halfway decent. FC 3 got boring for me after 10 hours. Im about 40 hrs into GTA V and still not bored.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-59b71619573a1

jhonMalcovich

Where is there a tropicla island or anything like it in GTA V? :?

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I don't see how anyone can complain about there being too much driving in a game called Grand Theft AUTO.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#70 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

GTAV is still in it's honeymoon phase, you will get flamed HARD if you hate on it right now.
Come back in a year, everybody will hate it by then and we can circlejerk about how great GTAIV was.

Sagem28
True on what you said, but you must still be in the "honeymoon phase" or Rome2, if ur sporting a sig for that travesty of a total war game. I can't even get past 12 turns in the campaign before it freezes up... And don't get me started on the lack of polish and actual historical information in the ui, lack of family tree, diplomacy, and simplified bull shyte. He'll the generals don't even have war speeches like in rome1. Sorry to derail, but I seen your sig and had to say something... That game is crap, coming from a total war guy who started back from medieval 1. Gtav is a blast and a great game, way better than gta "date simulator" 4!
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

GTAV is still in it's honeymoon phase, you will get flamed HARD if you hate on it right now.
Come back in a year, everybody will hate it by then and we can circlejerk about how great GTAIV was.

Midnightshade29

True on what you said, but you must still be in the "honeymoon phase" or Rome2, if ur sporting a sig for that travesty of a total war game. I can't even get past 12 turns in the campaign before it freezes up... And don't get me started on the lack of polish and actual historical information in the ui, lack of family tree, diplomacy, and simplified bull shyte. He'll the generals don't even have war speeches like in rome1. Sorry to derail, but I seen your sig and had to say something... That game is crap, coming from a total war guy who started back from medieval 1. Gtav is a blast and a great game, way better than gta "date simulator" 4!

nah, rome 2 > gta 5

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#72 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Visuals

Gameplay

Micro detail

Macro detail

Activities

Variety

Characters

Personalization

And my personal favourite: One of the few games that always has where to spend money, even when you have alot. In most games, after a few hours, you have money enough to buy everything.

It's not perfect, but no game is.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#73 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Still haven't played a second of it

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

seanmcloughlin

Not literally, lol. I mean the theme is common: beaches, mountains, hills, rivers, sunny climate, etc. Read vacational paradise.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k

Not literally, lol. I mean the theme is common: beaches, mountains, hills, rivers, sunny climate, etc. Read vacational paradise.

jhonMalcovich

Most GTA games had those. How is that lifted from Far Cry 3 ?

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

R4gn4r0k

Far Cry 3 invented the open-world genre you pleb.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

princeofshapeir

Far Cry 3 invented the open-world genre you pleb.

Actually it was Stalker that invented the open-world shooter.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I guess the point here is that the world doesn't revolve around you.

You have a right not to find anything great, good, or even palatable, but when the gaming world is celebrating this game maybe you have to accept you're in the minority opinion and leave it at that?

I don't doubt you don't love this game, nor do I question you for that, but so what?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

R4gn4r0k

No. All previous GTA games have been set in big cities. GTA V is the first that features country side. And the country side resembles pretty much FC3 island. It´s that simple.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#80 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I'm pretty shocked that some of you don't like the wanted level system.  It's amazing and a great framework for all future wanted levels.

It is clearly superior to GTA3 systems.  That's just a given.

GTA4's circle system was a big improvement for the series, but the only way to evade the police was in vehicles.  With GTA5, getting away on foot finally makes sense and actually works better than in vehicles.  There is a stealth element to getting away from cops now, and best of all you could be hiding from the cops a few feet away from the scene of the crime if you can find a good enough hiding spot.

As for the 3 star being a death sentence, no way.  You can get away from helicopters but it's tough, and to stay hidden from them you have to find a hiding spot with overhead cover.  Those places do exist.  In the case of 3 star or greater, you probably will need vehicles but that just makes sense.  

Getting a wanted level in the middle of nowhere is not a huge deal.  The wanted level system is a little bit too easy to navigate as it is.  The current system needs the AI to be a bit better if they are going to be trying limiting how you get wanted.

One neat little qwerk of it is getting a wanted level in houses though.  It is a glitch imo.  In houses you enter a walking mode where you can't use weapons and you can't even run.  Cops still follow you inside and will kill you.  Your character won't draw a weapon.  One time I walked into a house with a wanted level and grenades equipped and they stayed that way, which was neat.  I blew up my kids and then the cops came in and shot me.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

jhonMalcovich

No. All previous GTA games have been set in big cities. GTA V is the first that features country side. And the country side resembles pretty much FC3 island. It´s that simple.

You wouldn't say there was countryside in San Andreas?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

DocSanchez

You wouldn't say there was countryside in San Andreas?

Yeh. It had. But not like it looked like a vacational island with sunny beaches, hunting and scuba diving. Can´t you really see some similarities with the island of FC3 ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

jhonMalcovich

Ehhh you're stretching that a bit to fit your point. I wouldn't say GTA V is anywhere near similar to those other games in that sense

humpmasterflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 humpmasterflex
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts

My main problem with the game is that its short. Only 69 main missions, and a good amount of them were fillers like buying masks and such. So ur telling me 3 chaaracters and only 69 missions? Sand andreas had 1 character and had like 110 missions, hell, even gta4 had about 90 missions or so.

Another thing that bothers me is that missions didn't utilize the map properly. They put in a huge prison in the middle of the map, could have been an epic "bust trevor" out of prison mission, or something along those lines, but we got nothing. its just there, pointless. Same with the army base. Not once does any mission have anything to do with that base. With the exception of you wanting to steal a jet from there, there really is no point of going there.

Mt. Chiliad takes up a quarter of the map and it isn't used for anything at all, only for some stupid side mission to race a bicycle down hill.... really?

Everything seemed to happen in los santos, seldomly things happened in blaine county. Where are the homes to purchase? why am i stuck with one house the entire game? I want to have homes around the whole map like in San andreas, no past tme games like pool. There is even a casino that they did not utilize. Why cant i play roullete or anything else? "oh but you can play darts".. REALY

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

jhonMalcovich

So that whole countryside section of San Andreas didn't happen?
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 R4gn4r0k

Far Cry 3 invented the open-world genre you pleb.princeofshapeir

Thanks to Far Cry 3 we have some amazing open world clones out there like GTA: Vice City, Just Cause 2 and let's not forget: Far Cry 2.

jhonMalcovich

Not true, not true at all. First you said the setting was a clone from Far Cry 3... and now you say the country side resembles FC3s setting. Which it doesn't.

Vice City had beaches and tropical trees. That game was released in 2002. San Andreas had way more variety in its world than Far Cry 3 had.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
At this point, I think Far Cry 3 was a much  better shooter and sandbox. IT had driving, shooting, stealth, exploring, platforming and light puzzles almost at the same proportion. jhonMalcovich
I enjoyed FC3 much more than GTA V
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

No way did someone say Farcry 3 is the better sandbox. That game has literally no freedom. Want to stick C4 to your car? Nope, you can't. Want to find a rare animal, here it is directly on oyour map. THe outside acivities are evnen more of a borefest considering you takedown camp afetr camp and climb up boring radio towers. 

And let us not even get into Farcry 3's boring enviroment. GTA's is bigger, more detailed, with more things to do. 

I don't have a problem with you liking the missions of far cry 3 and prefer it to GTA, but it's hard to argue that it is a better sandbox.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 R4gn4r0k

No way did someone say Farcry 3 is the better sandbox. That game has literally no freedom. Want to stick C4 to your car? Nope, you can't. Want to find a rare animal, here it is directly on oyour map. THe outside acivities are evnen more of a borefest considering you takedown camp afetr camp and climb up boring radio towers. 

And let us not even get into Farcry 3's boring enviroment. GTA's is bigger, more detailed, with more things to do. 

I don't have a problem with you liking the missions of far cry 3 and prefer it to GTA, but it's hard to argue that it is a better sandbox.

15strong

I disagree with the camp takedowns being boring or the radio towers being boring. But I do agree with you on the fact that GTA 5s world is a lot more detailed than every other sandbox game out there.

There is just so much going on in GTA Vs San Andreas that makes it feel like a breathing, living world.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#90 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I don't see how anyone can complain about there being too much driving in a game called Grand Theft AUTO.

BluRayHiDef
C'mon dude. Have you played it? There's an awful lot of padding. Sometimes you'll drive to a marker, expecting a mission, and the character is like 'we'll contact you later!' They can have driving missions, just make getting there shorter. That other knucklehead didn't understand that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#91 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I have the distinct feeling you'd be singing a different tune if the game was available on PC.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 biggest_loser

yukushi
Good reviews? Its like the highest rated game of all time on metacritic I think. Undeserved at the moment.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jhonMalcovich

15strong

Want to stick C4 to your car? Yes, you can.

Want to find a rare animal, here it is directly on oyour map ? Turn off hud assistance.

Takedown camp was much more interesting than run-of-the-mill driving missions.

GTA's is bigger? No.

Far Cry 3 was two huge  islands.

More detailed? Yes very.

With more things to do. Sadly no. At least not related to the real gameplay. 

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jhonMalcovich

I have the distinct feeling you'd be singing a different tune if the game was available on PC.charizard1605

I am actually pretty content I have bought it for PS3. At least now I know that won´t be buying this game for PC. Not even PC graphics will make me relive that run-of-the-mill grinding. Now I can focus on other incoming games.

I would like GTA V on PC only for metagame, nothing else.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

15strong
FC3 has no freedom ? You claimed you can't stick C4 to a car ? You obviously didn't play the game.Yes it has many linear scripted missions but the all of the outposts and many main missions can be tackled in many ways unlike GTA V. Most if not all, of GTA V missions are extremely scripted. It doesn't allow you to complete the mission in your ways, instead it forces you to do exactly what the devs want you to do. I agree with a poster that said the GTA formula needs to change. The change should be started with the mission structure, i.e. it should be much more open ended al FC3 or Deus Ex.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#96 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]I have the distinct feeling you'd be singing a different tune if the game was available on PC.jhonMalcovich

I am actually pretty content I have bought it for PS3. At least now I know that won´t be buying this game for PC. Not even PC graphics will make me relive that run-of-the-mill grinding. Now I can focus on other incoming games.

Okay, then all jokes and fanboyism aside, what exactly is the problem with the game? I haven't read through the entirety of the thread, and I am excited to get it; the problems in the OP sound like regular GTA issues to me.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 biggest_loser

FC3 has no freedom ? You claimed you can't stick C4 to a car ? You obviously didn't play the game.Yes it has many linear scripted missions but the all of the outposts and many main missions can be tackled in many ways unlike GTA V. Most if not all, of GTA V missions are extremely scripted. It doesn't allow you to complete the mission in your ways, instead it forces you to do exactly what the devs want you to do. I agree with a poster that said the GTA formula needs to change. The change should be started with the mission structure, i.e. it should be much more open ended al FC3 or Deus Ex.Zensword

On top of the heavy scripting in GTA V Rockstar still has to tell you every single instruction. The text literally says something like 'move the car here' 'drive away from the area'. Can yah give people a bit of breathing space to work it out themselves?!

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]I have the distinct feeling you'd be singing a different tune if the game was available on PC.charizard1605

Okay, then all jokes and fanboyism aside, what exactly is the problem with the game? I haven't read through the entirety of the thread, and I am excited to get it; the problems in the OP sound like regular GTA issues to me.

I thought I was pretty clear in my first post. The game is focused too much on driving, therefore lacks gameplay variety. All extra activities are very generic and lack any depth. GTA V, in a nutshell, is trying all vehicles available in the game. All of them. The game missions will force you to use different type of vehicles. Which it´s not bad by itself, but in the end, it will provoke a certain feeling of nausea from repitition. It´s like you like icecream, so you will eat icecream all the time until you hate icecream. And there is nothing else enticing that would distract you.

The gameplay disproportion is very huge in this game:

90% - driving

10% - shooting, stealth, puzzles, etc.

So the questio is why GTA V considered to be a 10 when there are so many sandboxes that achieve a better gameplay variety such as:

AC2 + Brotherhood, Batman: Archam City and Far Cry 3

What would be for me an ideal GTA V

40% - driving, including high speed chases

20% - shooting

20% - shooting missions that allow stealth approach

20% - puzzles with clues, like in Batman Archam City

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
PC gamer here, how does it compare to Mafia II and GTA IV?
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#100 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

biggest_loser

C'mon dude. Have you played it? There's an awful lot of padding. Sometimes you'll drive to a marker, expecting a mission, and the character is like 'we'll contact you later!' They can have driving missions, just make getting there shorter. That other knucklehead didn't understand that.

I'll be honest. I haven't played the game. However, I've played GTA IV and my favorite part about it is driving through the city.