So all the lauch exclusives reviews are out...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

... and so far we have:

1 AAAE for the XBone

1 AAE for the PS4

2 AE for the Xbone

1 AE for the PS4

Now I'll admit the Xbone launch line up did better but it barely justifies a $100 more pricetag especially taking into account Resongun is free with PS+ and there are a couple more F2P games on the PS4. The PS4 will also soon have inFamous. SS and Drive Club. What will the Xbone have for it? Nothing. And dont come with TitanFall cause thats not exclusive and if you want to count it then I guess its only fair to count Flower (AA) and Sound Shapes (AAA) on the PS4 aswell.

discuss

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

PS4 launch exclusives are underwhelming, but that's completely 100% fair and understandable since Sony have pumped out so many fantastic PS3 games this year. The cheap price, superior multiplats and exciting upcoming exclusives make up for that. I wouldn't buy a PS4 yet but it's only a matter of time.

Xbox One launch on the other hand is near disastrous. 360 had nothing this year because in theory all MS resources are going to Xbone games... a high quality but content lacking Forza, decent action game and a barebones DLC fighter are a terrible return on investment. Big flops from Twisted Pixel and Crytek, an apparently awful "Panzer Dragoon successor", and a bunch of Kinect crap round out the lineup... the inferior multiplats, DLC and media focus, forced Kinect, and higher price just compound the misery.

While missing Halo 5 will hurt, Titanfall on PC and Destiny on PS4 will ease that pain I'm sure!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@locopatho said:

PS4 launch exclusives are underwhelming, but that's completely 100% fair and understandable since Sony have pumped out so many fantastic PS3 games this year. The cheap price, superior multiplats and exciting upcoming exclusives make up for that. I wouldn't buy a PS4 yet but it's only a matter of time.

Xbox One launch on the other hand is near disastrous. 360 had nothing this year because in theory all MS resources are going to Xbone games... a high quality but content lacking Forza, decent action game and a barebones DLC fighter are a terrible return on investment. Big flops from Twisted Pixel and Crytek, an apparently awful "Panzer Dragoon successor", and a bunch of Kinect crap round out the lineup... the inferior multiplats, DLC and media focus, forced Kinect, and higher price just compound the misery.

While missing Halo 5 will hurt, Titanfall on PC and Destiny on PS4 will ease that pain I'm sure!

you sir you win the internet today

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Good point Loco.

Had The Last of Us been a PS4 launch exclusive, PS4 would be Muhammad Ali.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@drekula2 said:

Good point Loco.

Had The Last of Us been a PS4 launch exclusive, PS4 would be Muhammad Ali.

I'm pretty sure Sony would be standing trial for war crimes if they launched a PS4 Naughty Dog game against Xbox One :P

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I think both had a crappy launch tbh. I didn't like Dead Rising 2, so naturally I have 0 interest in Dead Rising 3. I am not a racing or fighting fan, so x Forza 5 and Killer Instincts off the list. Ryse always looked like a borefest to me and BAM it turns out to be a borefest.

For PS4 we had a FPS...lol at FPS on console, so scratch that off the list for me. Knack as fun as it looked to me in that two hour video (and I plan on buying it), it did score low on a number of sites. There is that free shooter that the PS4 got, but that is good and all. but that is only one game for the PS4 and that's not even close to being good enough for a purchase. Multiplats like CoD Ghost and Battlefield 4 I would be getting for PC if I had an interest in them (kinda has a super small interest in BF4 and none for CoD), so they are not a reason for me to want a PS4.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

To each there own but i personally wouldn't be trying to claim reasons for a console game library to be better with Resogun, Flower, and Sound Shapes.

The X1 continues with Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, etc for next year btw. Pretty solid lineup coming

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

I think it was another as expected launch... A few games you wouldn't care about two years from now when the big developers are churning out great games... The post e3 hype, up till today has been fun, but in the end we still have two identical consoles with identical quality lineups... The real winners of next gen launches are those who bought AC4 because its truly fantastic.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Both launches sucked. Hopefully by this time next year, there will be games worth playing on either one.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I didn't expect any of the launch games exlusives to get AAA.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#11 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Both launch lineups were pretty bad. And there is not much on the horizon for either system, yet.

Hyped exclusives getting average scores then Mario 3D World comes along and blows both launches out of the water in terms of scores lol.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I think it was another as expected launch... A few games you wouldn't care about two years from now when the big developers are churning out great games... The post e3 hype, up till today has been fun, but in the end we still have two identical consoles with identical quality lineups... The real winners of next gen launches are those who bought AC4 because its truly fantastic.

Both MS and Sony rushed out their systems to have them launch before Holiday Shopping Season. Both would of probably lost big time if they waited until March or April next year to launch.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@YD_11 said:

To each there own but i personally wouldn't be trying to claim reasons for a console game library to be better with Resogun, Flower, and Sound Shapes.

The X1 continues with Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, etc for next year btw. Pretty solid lineup coming

Ironically you pretend the PS4 won't have solid games coming out for it. Launch games aren't usually the best of a generation. But thus far, nothing MS has announced for the X1 is interesting enough for me to consider an entertainment system that costs more.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

@brucebenzing said:

@TheEroica said:

Both MS and Sony rushed out their systems to have them launch before Holiday Shopping Season. Both would of probably lost big time if they waited until March or April next year to launch.

oh sure... I agree. It should be noted too, that having expectations that starting a new generation will carry the same momentum in the game department from last gen to this one is unreasonable in expectations.... these are completely different machines... A generation must start in the basement before climbing to the top. Launch is forum fodder...

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I'll take Resogun over Forza any day of the week

Only racers I care for are Burnout and Mario Kart

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

More bias BS that should be blogged. lol!! Cows seem to have way to much time on their hands. Consistantly making bias thread after bias thread with their bias opinions that only other Cows care to read.

PS360Wii4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PS360Wii4eva
Member since 2010 • 297 Posts

You forgot the XO has great responding voice commands.

Only for a $100

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@RossRichard said:

Both launches sucked. Hopefully by this time next year, there will be games worth playing on either one.

I'm sure of it, the WiiU needed a while as well to get some more worthwhile games. But the launch of the PS4 and Xbone is very boring and I'm not seeing the 'next gen' in any of the launch games besides graphics.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@locopatho said:

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

Yeah, having a pc, a wii u and maybe handheld is where are all the best games are at right now.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@anab0lic said:

Yeah, having a pc, a wii u and maybe handheld is where are all the best games are at right now.

3ds and pc right now for me

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts

Neither launch has been good in terms of exclusives, multiplats dominating as usual.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Warframe is the best game in all the launch titles. Aside from that, third party games are mostly better than all of the exclusives aside from Forza and Resogun. None of the launch exclusives are system sellers

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

For all the talk of how superior MS's launch library is, all they ended up with was more flops. But really, did this surprise anyone? You could see the Ryse reviews a mile away if you just payed attention to how little freedom was shown off in the E3 demo. Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, and Lococycle weren't going to carry any more weight than Knack. Forza should be right down there with them seeing as how it's half the game Forza 4 was. That's why it's critic reviews are all over the place between those drunk with Forza media hype and those realizing the alarming lack of content.

Honestly, if this is MS's best shot, they had better hope Halo can save them. This was supposed to be an example of MS selling out for more exclusives. The only thing saving this launch lineup is the ugly E3 reveal. It couldn't go anywhere but up from there.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@locopatho said:

IDK man, nothing announced on the PS4 looks all that impressive. Infamous looks like more of the same, Uncharted we know nothing about, The Order we know very little about and it sounds like a standard tps. Both consoles have meh lineups so far but X1 looks to have an advantage over the next year with Titanfall and Halo alone. We still need to see more of Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and Black Tusk's game though. There is still way too much unknown about both consoles, I cant wait for E3 next year

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

PC is where im throwing my money next gen. PC, WiiU and 3DS and maybe in a year or 2 Vita

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

All the launch exclusive reviews are out and...

Xbox Won.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#28  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Only two games I see worth getting. Dead Rising 3 and Killzone Shadowfall. Three if I was a Forza fan.

Oh right, forgot all about Resogun.