Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Cloud_imperium:

I bought it for $7 on a Steam sale already. I'm not buying it again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 cainetao11

@heretrix said:

So basically this is Tomb Raider all over again? Sigh.

I thought the game was alright (the driving was terrible) but not enough for me to even think about rebuying it.

Plus, How in the hell are they going to do a better version on the PC than already exists? Sure they could tighten up the controls a bit but that should just be a FREE patch. You can get the game and practically all of it's dlc for less than 20 bucks. Hell, I've seen it for less than 10.

It's really sad to see how some publishers try to get over with some obvious bullshit.

I did get it for less than $10 on steam. Don't get me wrong dude, I hear you on the morality of selling it again, but I no longer blame these companies or hold them to some high moral standard. WE, the consumers don't live up to these standards ourselves. Who are we to hold others to it? COD, Madden, NBA, NHL all sell every year and we know they are almost the same game each year, and there is TR, and TLOU that absolutely are the same game a year later that people buy. How can I blame a company for doing what it was made to do?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#53 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@heretrix said:

So basically this is Tomb Raider all over again? Sigh.

I thought the game was alright (the driving was terrible) but not enough for me to even think about rebuying it.

Plus, How in the hell are they going to do a better version on the PC than already exists? Sure they could tighten up the controls a bit but that should just be a FREE patch. You can get the game and practically all of it's dlc for less than 20 bucks. Hell, I've seen it for less than 10.

It's really sad to see how some publishers try to get over with some obvious bullshit.

I did get it for less than $10 on steam. Don't get me wrong dude, I hear you on the morality of selling it again, but I no longer blame these companies or hold them to some high moral standard. WE, the consumers don't live up to these standards ourselves. Who are we to hold others to it? COD, Madden, NBA, NHL all sell every year and we know they are almost the same game each year, and there is TR, and TLOU that absolutely are the same game a year later that people buy. How can I blame a company for doing what it was made to do?

I don't know if I hold them to any standard, I would just like to see some restraint when it comes to stuff like this. Sure, companies are in this to make money but there is a line you can cross where your company starts to look like shit because of greedy shit like this. Just look at how hard EA is trying to repair their image. This kind of shit can become really toxic.

I don't have a problem so much with the console versions as with the PC version. It's just really stupid. I think a better move for this game would have been to release Sleeping Dogs 2 with Sleeping Dogs as a pack in. The game is already discounted as much as it could be. The main problem with S.E. Is that they don't understand the value of their properties. They overestimated what the Tomb Raider reboot should have done when it was released and their IOS remakes are ridiculously expensive. This is further proof of that.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 cainetao11

@heretrix:

Cant argue on the PC version. I own it and can it be made better than I can already play it?

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I liked HD remakes in the PS2-PS3 era, but not now, its become too many releases for too little of an upgrade. I'm sure it will include the DLC and all but still

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

PC? T_T

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I loved the game, I would at least rent it.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

So PC version will support 4K. Not surprised it's a lot cheaper for PC, it'll be the exact same game.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Worst new title for an old game. HD really?

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#61 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Meh, I thought it was a good game but it wasn't so good that I'd buy it again, even if it looks significantly better. Good opportunity for those who never got to play it though, can't think of many who'd want to haven't already though. It's had some really good steam sales and it was free on xbox live last year.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Eh, no thanks. I enjoyed the game, and I'd play a new entry in the series, but not interested in replaying this one again with shinier graphics.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Cool for anyone who wants the game and hasn't played it yet. Or for huge fans.

It was a fun game, but I have zero interest in this.