Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is <30 fps on consoles.

• 117 results
Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

lel what a freaking joke these consoles man lol

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

"Definitive"

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@timster20 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

Lol one game and lets see a $400 prebuilt pc run the game with twice the performance of the ps4. Oh and, hooz Cronler?

Where did I call you?

All of the hermits in this quote chain are on the same page. Notice how there hasn't been one attempt to continue with the half the price twice the performance nonsense.

explain what this has to do with the fact that the game costs twice as much on console as it does PC. Matter fact if you already own the game the DE is only $15. Because that is what this whole discussion is about. Not sure why you felt the need to fall back on your false security blanket of price. Also you can easily build a better gaming machine on a PS4 budget ($450) but again that has nothing to do with the fact console are being charger $60 for a game that is $30 or less on pc.

It has to do with a post someone made. They said the pc version is half the cost and twice the performance. Problem there is that a pc with double the performance is going to be a lot more than $30 more.

The thread was originally about performance.

The original pc version already had most of the graphical features that this release has so the demand for it on pc is very low hence the lower price.

One game being $30 cheaper means nothing in the grand scheme. Most multiplats now have the same msrp on pc and console.

Let's see this $450 pc you speak of.

sigh...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cTjqs

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sQ6KNG

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ngbVLk

it's not that hard to do. lets not talk about $500 budget or even $600. You don't have to go any further. This is a tired debate.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#104  Edited By Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Just to throw this out there this is $60 on console, $30 on pc. Twice as much for half the performance. Smh

Exactly. And for those that owned Sleeping Dogs on PC you get more of a discount. I think it was $15 then.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20 said:

All of the hermits in this quote chain are on the same page. Notice how there hasn't been one attempt to continue with the half the price twice the performance nonsense.

explain what this has to do with the fact that the game costs twice as much on console as it does PC. Matter fact if you already own the game the DE is only $15. Because that is what this whole discussion is about. Not sure why you felt the need to fall back on your false security blanket of price. Also you can easily build a better gaming machine on a PS4 budget ($450) but again that has nothing to do with the fact console are being charger $60 for a game that is $30 or less on pc.

It has to do with a post someone made. They said the pc version is half the cost and twice the performance. Problem there is that a pc with double the performance is going to be a lot more than $30 more.

The original pc version already had most of the graphical features that this release has so the demand for it on pc is very low hence the lower price.

One game being $30 cheaper means nothing in the grand scheme. Most multiplats now have the same msrp on pc and console.

sigh...

it's not that hard to do. lets not talk about $500 budget or even $600. You don't have to go any further. This is a tired debate.

That's all in dollar though, I doubt you'd be able to get such a PC for 400 Euro/European prices.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NFJSupreme

@shawty_beatz: those moving goal posts. I live in America. You figure out the exchange rates if you care so much

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
@shawty_beatz said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20 said:

sigh...

That's all in dollar though, I doubt you'd be able to get such a PC for 400 Euro/European prices.

it can easily be done.

From uk stores but they deliver everywhere in EU

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4TqwCJ

Of course just 100euros more go a loooong way ( since you can up to a core i5 4440 and get a much better r9 270 and maybe a bit better motherboard ) but since most console owners nitpick for a small price bump even though they are willing to pay $50 a year to play online and higher game prices i wont go there

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts
@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

sigh...

How is the ssd and the optical drive free on the first build? How are you going to install the OS on the 2nd build?

Wheres the OS? Mouse/kb and controller?

There are deals all the time where you can buy a console and you get a gift card.

$500 budget? The first pc is $533. Mail in rebates can take months and months to arrive.

Also remember than many people don't want to build their own pc, that's why there's so many pc manufacturers.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 NFJSupreme

@timster20: moving goal posts. I literally cooked that up in a few minutes. How about you use Google and see for yourself. The points proven. you can build a better gaming machine on a ps4 budget. Why one would want to do that I don't know but you claimed it couldn't be done. It can be. I can even get it down to sub 400 if I wanted but I'm done wasting my time. Learn to use the Internet and see for yourself.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Shawty_Beatz

@adamosmaki said:
@shawty_beatz said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20 said:

sigh...

it can easily be done.

From uk stores but they deliver everywhere in EU

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4TqwCJ

Of course just 100euros more go a loooong way ( since you can up to a core i5 4440 and get a much better r9 270 and maybe a bit better motherboard ) but since most console owners nitpick for a small price bump even though they are willing to pay $50 a year to play online and higher game prices i wont go there

That's pretty impressive, thanks for taking your time!

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Shawty_Beatz

@NFJSupreme said:

@shawty_beatz: those moving goal posts. I live in America. You figure out the exchange rates if you care so much

It's not moving goal posts... not everyone lives in America, so buying something there and shipping it to Europe would be a nightmare because of shipping costs.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 NFJSupreme

@shawty_beatz: no worries

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:

@NFJSupreme said:

It's not moving goal posts... not everyone lives in America, so buying something there and shipping it to Europe would be a nightmare because of shipping costs.

Electronic prices are more expensive in the UK and Europe. I know we pay here in the UK about £150-200 more for certain things.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

Seems like a crappy port done purely as a cash grab with very little effort actually spent in optimising the game in anyway shape or form. Looks like they rushed it to get it out before GTA:V hoping to cash in on people craving that kind of experience before it hits next month.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@btk2k2 said:

Seems like a crappy port done purely as a cash grab with very little effort actually spent in optimising the game in anyway shape or form. Looks like they rushed it to get it out before GTA:V hoping to cash in on people craving that kind of experience before it hits next month.

It runs pretty well on mid range PC's....

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@btk2k2 said:

It runs pretty well on mid range PC's....

That and it is not really CPU limited, even on an Intel E6400. That suggests that the game is not that multi threaded which is an area you need to exploit to get good performance from the consoles. I would estimate that the E6400 is about 60% (maybe a bit more) faster than the Jaguar CPU in the console at single threaded performance so it is entirely possible the game is CPU limited to a degree on the consoles. Of course this just shows that the game was not optimised to take advantage of multiple CPU cores which proves my point about it being a lazy cash grab port rushed out before GTA:V.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@timster20 said:

How is the ssd and the optical drive free on the first build? How are you going to install the OS on the 2nd build?

There are deals all the time where you can buy a console and you get a gift card.

$500 budget? The first pc is $533. Mail in rebates can take months and months to arrive.

Also remember than many people don't want to build their own pc, that's why there's so many pc manufacturers.

I fucking knew this was another Cranler alt. I've seen precisely this argument from him so many times, it's like a fingerprint by now.

Funny that he also regularly cites eBay as a valid reason why "console games are effectively free", then summarily discounts mail-in rebates because they take time to arrive.

This is Cranler. Do not engage, just let him get this alt banned along with every other account he has.

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@timster20: moving goal posts. I literally cooked that up in a few minutes. How about you use Google and see for yourself. The points proven. you can build a better gaming machine on a ps4 budget. Why one would want to do that I don't know but you claimed it couldn't be done. It can be. I can even get it down to sub 400 if I wanted but I'm done wasting my time. Learn to use the Internet and see for yourself.

Pointing out that you left out required software and peripherals is moving the goalposts?

Not gonna google. Not my responsibility to verify your claims.

@mikhail said:

@timster20 said:

I fucking knew this was another Cranler alt. I've seen precisely this argument from him so many times, it's like a fingerprint by now.

Funny that he also regularly cites eBay as a valid reason why "console games are effectively free", then summarily discounts mail-in rebates because they take time to arrive.

This is Cranler. Do not engage, just let him get this alt banned along with every other account he has.

New Egg rebates take 8-10 weeks.

Whos Cranlar? people who don't share your outlook should be banned? Why don't you just go on the pc and mac forum if you can't handle people who point out the pros and cons of each platform?

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Shawty_Beatz

@clyde46 said:

@shawty_beatz said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Electronic prices are more expensive in the UK and Europe. I know we pay here in the UK about £150-200 more for certain things.

Exactly. That's why I usually don't take these $400 builds seriously because most of the time those builds cost a whole lot more over here.