Skywind - Morrowind remake in the Skyrim engine

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Skywind - Official Development Video #1

Going beyond being just a mod, over 70 passionate people are working together for a complete remake of Morrowind through the Skyrim engine, re-doing the landscapes, the main quest/side quests, and ofcourse adding aditional content in tune with the alien-like theme of Morrowind, essentially giving Morrowind a "Black Mesa" like treatment.

Also, they're giving the remake a full blown voice over. Yep, they're going to add voice acting to every (important) line of dialogue writen in Morrowind.

Some screenshots:

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I saw the trailer.

It's very impressive.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't see this mod being received well, considering the amount of hatred Skyrim has on this forum.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

@nintendoboy16: What about from people not on this website?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Pretty cray cray.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LegatoSkyheart

@nintendoboy16 said:

Unfortunately, I don't see this mod being received well, considering the amount of hatred Skyrim has on this forum.

Those people don't have Skyrim on PC.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nintendoboy16

@blangenakker said:

@nintendoboy16: What about from people not on this website?

On TES forums, I can (obviously) see going well. Not so sure on everywhere else after reading the Tropes.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nintendoboy16

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Doesn't matter. Yeah, there are mods, but that surely doesn't help the main game's cause no matter what platform considering mods are fan made.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46291 Posts

Stop ruining the original vision of the developers !!!! :'(

This is pretty amazing; Morrowind still remains my favourite TES game. So I'm really looking forward to this.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Looks great. When the new mic comes in I'm submitting a demo reel to the team for voice overs.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Doesn't matter. Yeah, there are mods, but that surely doesn't help the main game's cause no matter what platform considering mods are fan made.

Don't downplay mods.

Falskaar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeFT6qhja-0

A Skyrim Mod that adds about 20 more hours to the game, All of the people in the Mod are Fully voiced, and adds it's an entirely new landmass separate from the actual game.

The person responsible for this? He landed a job at Bungie, and the Mod was his Portfolio to get a Job for Bethesda.

In 2002 a Game called Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos was released and with it's release came a "world editor" which in 2003, a mapmaker who went under the name of "Eul", released a Map that was based off of a Starcraft scenario "Aeon of Strife". The Map was so popular that many were inspired to make their own maps when Warcraft III's expansion came out and Eul didn't update his map. One such Modder by the name of Steve Feak then created the one map to rule them all. The Map's Name was Defense of the Ancients.

in 2013, DOTA 2 was released and the rest should be history.

Another Game that was inspired by this mod is the Most Played Game on the Internet and that is League of Legends.

A More Recent Story is of a game that showed up in mid 2012 using a Game that was released in 2009 and it's Expansion from 2010. I don't need to give you a history lesson of this game, but I will tell you now that it just recently went Stand Alone, abd was the Top Selling Item on Steam through out the Winter Sale and it's still the Top Seller on Steam.

The Game I am Referring to is Day Z.

Don't downplay mods. Just because it's fan made doesn't make them any less important than today's game developers.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendoboy16

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Don't downplay mods.

Falskaar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeFT6qhja-0

A Skyrim Mod that adds about 20 more hours to the game, All of the people in the Mod are Fully voiced, and adds it's an entirely new landmass separate from the actual game.

The person responsible for this? He landed a job at Bungie, and the Mod was his Portfolio to get a Job for Bethesda.

In 2002 a Game called Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos was released and with it's release came a "world editor" which in 2003, a mapmaker who went under the name of "Eul", released a Map that was based off of a Starcraft scenario "Aeon of Strife". The Map was so popular that many were inspired to make their own maps when Warcraft III's expansion came out and Eul didn't update his map. One such Modder by the name of Steve Feak then created the one map to rule them all. The Map's Name was Defense of the Ancients.

in 2013, DOTA 2 was released and the rest should be history.

Another Game that was inspired by this mod is the Most Played Game on the Internet and that is League of Legends.

A More Recent Story is of a game that showed up in mid 2012 using a Game that was released in 2009 and it's Expansion from 2010. I don't need to give you a history lesson of this game, but I will tell you now that it just recently went Stand Alone, abd was the Top Selling Item on Steam through out the Winter Sale and it's still the Top Seller on Steam.

The Game I am Referring to is Day Z.

Don't downplay mods. Just because it's fan made doesn't make them any less important than today's game developers.

When did I ever downplay mods? Yeah, a lot of them have damn good quality and it's quite awesome how the creator of Falskaar managed to get a job in the industry because of his effort, but do the mods themselves help the main game's cause, especially when it's noted by those who disliked Skyrim, even on PC that no amount of mods help that game (as in, Bethesda's effort) as it is?

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

That looks great.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LegatoSkyheart

@nintendoboy16 said:

When did I ever downplay mods? Yeah, a lot of them have damn good quality and it's quite awesome how the creator of Falskaar managed to get a job in the industry because of his effort, but do the mods themselves help the main game's cause, especially when it's noted by those who disliked Skyrim, even on PC that no amount of mods help that game (as in, Bethesda's effort) as it is?

So what you're saying is that this mod is not going to help those who were never interested in Skyrim in the first place or just hated how Skyrim worked so it's not going to matter?...I don't really understand what you're getting at.

Look there are mods in Skyrim that COMPLETELY change the game so if you really didn't like Vanilla Skyrim, someone out there "fixed" it and if someone still doesn't like Skyrim after that, they probably just didn't care in the first place.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

i really hope it gets finished. is there a relatively easy way to import a lot of the content (things like the text of which there is a lot in morrowind) from the original game into the skyrim engine? if they really have to build everything up from scratch then i fear it may never be done :(.

a great effort so far from the team though.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I can't wait..freaking amazing.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Very Well made mods are always received well at this forum.

This looks like probably one of the best made mods ever.. (possibly).

Point denied.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Skyrim, one of those games that's meant to be played on a PC.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Jankarcop said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Very Well made mods are always received well at this forum.

This looks like probably one of the best made mods ever.. (possibly).

Point denied.

Doesn't it generally matter on how good or bad said game is though?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@nintendoboy16: umm no because the mod changes the game it is a full conversion so no skyrim will remain apart from maybe art assets

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

Theres a lot of mods you can fix up the Morrowind graphics pretty good, but its still using the same engine so it has its limits.. so its cool they are gonna use the skyrim one. I wonder how long it will take to finish this... i was thinking of replaying morrowind someday soon.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendoboy16

@naz99 said:

@nintendoboy16: umm no because the mod changes the game it is a full conversion so no skyrim will remain apart from maybe art assets

You sure about that? Even with all the mods in the world, even the unofficial patches, I've hardly seen any changed minds.

You know, I'll stop here. I'm causing too much trouble for one page (at least, one page on my settings of the forums)

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Mods like this I can get behind, I normally don't care about mods changing a developers game until way after it's release.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'll admit, that's pretty rad.

Atleast it's not another horsecock and futanari mod..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Thats awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

I have Skyrim on PC, it's still shit. It can look as pretty as it wants but the actual mechanics still feel like crap. Bethesda need to get proper animation systems in place and better character models. Then the combat can feel better and thus the game can start feeling fun to play.

anyway this looks really cool, a bit too much bloom though. That last screenshot is hard to look at

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

This is pretty awesome but even with a team of 70 people, I can see this struggling to get finished. That said, if it ever gets finished I'll be playing this just to sight see all of Morrowind those gorgeous graphics.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I am one of the biggest "haters" of Skyrim on this board (or rather, was). And with mods Skyrim is a pretty good game, removing or fixing most of the things that were horrible about the base game. This mod will remove yet another flaw Skyrim had. The incredibly bland and repetitive Overworld.

I am far from the only one who was convinced that the game is good by mods.

My current skyrim has camping, realisticly dark nights (so dark that you will need torches in forests if you want to be able to see), hypothermia, needs such as hunger and thirst, no level scaling, perks actually feeling like something more than a lame gimmick, game design so you arent flooded with money and money having weight.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

I have Skyrim on PC, it's still shit. It can look as pretty as it wants but the actual mechanics still feel like crap. Bethesda need to get proper animation systems in place and better character models. Then the combat can feel better and thus the game can start feeling fun to play.

anyway this looks really cool, a bit too much bloom though. That last screenshot is hard to look at

Well they need to redo how the combat works as well

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

I didn't like Skyrim, but as long as this game doesn't have level scaling, doesn't turn skills like lockpicking into an easy minigame that allows a character of any skill to pick any lock, and does a good job of making some areas flat out scary for a low-level character to visit, it should be great. Morrowind was the last great game Bethesda has made.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@hoodedjustice3 said:

Skyrim was dumb. There's not even any guns.

So going by your logic,your posts are dumb.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Idealistic mod. Probably won't see release for a long time.

Honestly, I'd rather just go back and play Morrowind modded. The graphics in the original probably look better than this (with mods) and this mod would restrict you to vanilla Morrowind, which would be pretty damn limiting. Dislike the idea of full blown voice-overs too - everyone is unfortunately going to sound identical (like Oblivion/Skyrim). I always skip VO after reading the text anyways. The only benefit I'd get from this mod would be ragdoll and different, but equally "meh" combat.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

The characters still look bad but the environments balance it out.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Yup, I just came....

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

So it will actually be worth playing now. Good.

I hated the combat in the original.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

So it will actually be worth playing now. Good.

I hated the combat in the original.

If this mod is a full conversion, the combat should be roughly the same as it has always been. Otherwise the game won't play like Morrowind at all, whatsoever. I suspect you won't find it any better unless the entire gratification of combat for you relies on seeing your sword animation connect with the enemy...

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

does it matter how people without PCs who are just jelly they can't participate think about this? Seriously who gives a rats ass what they think. They don't matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Well they need to redo how the combat works as well

Well yeah but at least a proper animation system would be a start and make it feel a bit meatier. TES games have always suffered terribly floaty combat

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#42 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I don't know how, but someway bethesda is going to find a way to make money out of this or to stop this project.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I was never able to get Morroblivion to run. Hopefully this comes with a noob friendly installer.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#44 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

@da_illest101 said:

I don't know how, but someway bethesda is going to find a way to make money out of this or to stop this project.

Why? Beth has always been super cool with modders.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Nice. I tried to play Morrowind last year and just couldn't get into it. Walls and walls of text, along with imperfect pad and aspect ratio support meant it was just too much effort to give it a go.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Idealistic mod. Probably won't see release for a long time.

I've already been playing it for a few months

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

@wis3boi: Alpha releases are not what people mean when they say release and we all know it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Will this be available for free? Do want to play it cuz i haven't even tried Morrowind

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Will this be free? I just picked Skyrim up during the Steam sale.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

T.I.T.S.