Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@Chutebox said:

@pc_rocks: I went 3/4 th of the way down on first page. First two are not cows (one is ghost ffs) and idk what blue is.

So, a thread attacking cows over....that?

Blue is definitely a cow. Go check his posting history as for the rest I don't know but since the last some days once lems used MSFS to attack TLOU/GoT, the cows have been pushing the narrative about simulators not counting.

I'll take your word on it, not searching his history lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58502 Posts

Does that mean movie "games" (or is it "movie" games?) are not games, but sims of movies?

That was a joke. And a stupid one. because this whole argument is stupid. A game is a game if you determine it to be so. If I am sitting on the curb waiting for my friend to show up and throwing pebbles at a manhole to see if I can get it to the center, guess what? That's a game.

If I sit down and spend two hours learning the navigational system of an A-10C Warthog in DCS, and it's a fun distraction, guess what? It's a game.

And that is ultimately what a game is. A specific activity done to distract the mind for recreational purposes.

Things can be two things. Multiple things, even. A game can be a sim, and a sim can be a game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Does that mean movie "games" (or is it "movie" games?) are not games, but sims of movies?

That was a joke. And a stupid one. because this whole argument is stupid. A game is a game if you determine it to be so. If I am sitting on the curb waiting for my friend to show up and throwing pebbles at a manhole to see if I can get it to the center, guess what? That's a game.

If I sit down and spend two hours learning the navigational system of an A-10C Warthog in DCS, and it's a fun distraction, guess what? It's a game.

And that is ultimately what a game is. A specific activity done to distract the mind for recreational purposes.

Things can be two things. Multiple things, even. A game can be a sim, and a sim can be a game.

"Whatever man. Games are only games if they are games on my favorite platform. Everyone knows this. " Fanboy logic. 😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58502 Posts

@Pedro: I Write these replies and five minutes later I think "why do I even bother?"

These people are either fanatics or trolls.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@mrbojangles25: and that's why this forum is dead.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@Zero_epyon said:

A cow is a fanboy. Fanboys go beyond having a preference. I assume your preference is PC. But I wouldn't go as far as calling you a hermit since I don't usually see you fanboying about PC. I don't hide that I have a preference for Sony's console. But that doesn't stop me from liking and owning everything else.

Can you cite those instances where I defend Sony despite information to the contrary? Have you also not seen where I defend MS and advocate for PC gaming? How about the fact that I own a Switch and Switch Lite and praise Nintendo when they dominate Sony's sales numbers?

Heck, I've been a borderline fanboy for Flight Simulator and praising Gamepass lol. But whatever, it's not like I haven't explained this 1 million times.

Fair enough on the preference. That's what I considered here to be a part of faction.

Where did I say that you attack PC or MS? I already said you're not rabid like quad or tormentos. As for the instances: the ND TLOU2 and UC4 instance. You outright tried to deflect and get the thread locked. TLOU1, you tried to defend contrary to the information that they downgraded the encounter design and over sell it. You tried to downplay/reject the Epic engineer leak. You tried to downplay the recent RDNA1/2 tweet from a dev. You tried to defend Sony/PS5 on loading with me. You tried to downplay the throttling argument on PS5. Hell you tried to join Pedro over an argument about PC vs next-gen console sales because you probably considered it as an attack on PS5.

All of the above is motivated by your preference or whatever you want to call it. Haven't seen you going out of your way to do the same for Switch/PC/Xbox.

Part of a cows job is to bash anything MS does. Xbox and PC. That's the implication when you call someone a cow, lem etc...

The ND threads for TLOU2 were out of control. There were 8 of them on the first page. Spam is bad. It was bad for Halo Infinite as well. I did, however, actively participate in the story discussion thread which is how it's supposed to be. Who wants to have to respond in 5 threads about the same thing? Nobody.

When did I do that for TLOU1? I honestly don't remember that but if I did I'm sure I had good reasons. I did play the game multiple times.

What Epic engineer leak? The one about the laptop running UE5 which was later debunked as a mistranslation that Epic themselves corrected?

I didn't actually address the devs comments. What I argued in that thread was that the RX 5700 was a GCN/RDNA 1 hybrid. Btw that dev corrected himself and confirmed that it's an RDNA 2 chip with unique features.

I was simply trying to demonstrate that loading screens and "long hallways" were not the same thing.

What throttling argument? I argued that a boost to frequencies was not overclocking. That fact goes beyond consoles.

I joined Pedro because I was trying to stop a circular argument. How does that benefit Sony? Wait, are you calling Pedro a cow too?

Haven't seen you going out of your way to do the same for Switch/PC/Xbox

Literally doing in this very thread...

Literally posted every DF video that showed One X beating out PS4 Pro until the forum got sick of it and I got too busy with my last job.

Literally created the FS 2020 release date announcement and said I'd double dip when VR came out.

Literally have Gamepass and called it one of the best subscriptions of the gen.

Maybe you've been to busy being triggered by my posts to notice.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Zero_epyon
@Chutebox said:

@pc_rocks: I went 3/4 th of the way down on first page. First two are not cows (one is ghost ffs) and idk what blue is.

So, a thread attacking cows over....that?

Haha basically. I think he's got his factions crossed.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Zero_epyon
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:

A cow is a fanboy. Fanboys go beyond having a preference. I assume your preference is PC. But I wouldn't go as far as calling you a hermit since I don't usually see you fanboying about PC. I don't hide that I have a preference for Sony's console. But that doesn't stop me from liking and owning everything else.

Can you cite those instances where I defend Sony despite information to the contrary? Have you also not seen where I defend MS and advocate for PC gaming? How about the fact that I own a Switch and Switch Lite and praise Nintendo when they dominate Sony's sales numbers?

Heck, I've been a borderline fanboy for Flight Simulator and praising Gamepass lol. But whatever, it's not like I haven't explained this 1 million times.

You've fanboyed plenty for the PS consoles over the years. You most certainly can be considered a cow.

You can own all the systems and still be considered a fanboy for one of the factions. Just because you're not fanatical doesn't mean you couldn't be considered a cow.

Few and far between for anyone to even notice. In fact I remember others calling you out for posting DF comparisons when they favored Sony but never posting a single DF thread when it was the other way around. That's pretty much fanboying right now.

It doesn't mean it's bad since we are on SW. I'm considered a huge lem even though I prefer PC and I'm more anti-cow than anything. I don't really care but it is fun getting under el tomenteds skin. Embrace your cowness

First, show me a thread where I'm being fanatical...

Second, I posted so many DF vids post One X release that people were bored of them. It wasn't worth the time, which was short for me at the time. I was making them since that summer all the way until December/January after the console launched. I covered almost every enhanced game DF anazlyed.

couple of examples:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-assassins-creed-origins-xbox-one-x-tech-first-l-33395255/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-fortnite-xbox-one-x-delivers-a-big-visual-upgra-33419585/?page=1

And God forbid any of those titles had any issues like performance drops or dynamic resolutions. Lems were always in there crying foul even though that's what DF found.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

I would rather play Gran Turismo or any simulation racing game over a flight sim any day... At least there is some competition and an end goal. Now if it was a sim of driving across the country for no reason without the ability to get out of your car... I'd rather play neither.

Just because something is a sim doesn't mean anything. It depends on what each offers, the amount of modes, competition, etc. Those farming games are sims and I tried them too... to me they are boring as hell, but I also feel other sim games like city builders/etc. are fun sometimes. It just depends on what you're doing and if it is an interest of yours. Personally I feel that flying around aimlessly is boring and I'd rather play Mr. Mosquito, but to each their own.

You would hate Truck Simulator then lol.

Sims like Flight Simulator is actually quite challenging and I get that it's not appealing to most people. But let me tell you, it's an absolute thrill for me to land an A320 on a runway without crashing or running off the runway.

And if I somehow get bored or frustrated with that, I just grab a stunt plane and fly through a major city.

Hmm.. guess I didn't really think of the landings.. I guess that could be fun. Still not my thing since I don't really enjoy flying in most games, but I would probably just screw around and see how gloriously I could crash.. probably not the point, but still funny.

Wait... can you play online with others? I guess it could be pretty fun to troll people and screw around on the runways or crash into them mid flight... I'm sure people would love me in a game like that. :P

filthyn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 filthyn00b
Member since 2020 • 473 Posts

GT is a arcade/sim it's not a true sim.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Zero_epyon

@WitIsWisdom said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

I would rather play Gran Turismo or any simulation racing game over a flight sim any day... At least there is some competition and an end goal. Now if it was a sim of driving across the country for no reason without the ability to get out of your car... I'd rather play neither.

Just because something is a sim doesn't mean anything. It depends on what each offers, the amount of modes, competition, etc. Those farming games are sims and I tried them too... to me they are boring as hell, but I also feel other sim games like city builders/etc. are fun sometimes. It just depends on what you're doing and if it is an interest of yours. Personally I feel that flying around aimlessly is boring and I'd rather play Mr. Mosquito, but to each their own.

You would hate Truck Simulator then lol.

Sims like Flight Simulator is actually quite challenging and I get that it's not appealing to most people. But let me tell you, it's an absolute thrill for me to land an A320 on a runway without crashing or running off the runway.

And if I somehow get bored or frustrated with that, I just grab a stunt plane and fly through a major city.

Hmm.. guess I didn't really think of the landings.. I guess that could be fun. Still not my thing since I don't really enjoy flying in most games, but I would probably just screw around and see how gloriously I could crash.. probably not the point, but still funny.

Wait... can you play online with others? I guess it could be pretty fun to troll people and screw around on the runways or crash into them mid flight... I'm sure people would love me in a game like that. :P

From what I saw you ghost through them. I guess they thought about you when they implemented that lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23726 Posts

Yup, it's a surprisingly dumb argument. Well, maybe not surprising. SW has always gone out of its way to discredit games for the dumbest reasons.

Kiddie game, doesn't count. Indie game, doesn't count. Handheld game, doesn't count. 2d game, doesn't count. Sports game, doesn't count. RTS, MMO, etc. etc.

All of those have been arguments on here at some point. You'd think only 3rd person action adventure games are real games.

Differing examples, but it usually boils down to the same old shit. Some fanboys feeling the need to diminish something they don't like by attempting to remove it from the conversation entirely. Which obviously never works lol.

Even for those not coming at this from a fanboy angle, seems like a weird one to split hairs over. Gaming takes on many forms. MSFS. It's interactive entertainment. It's sold on gaming store fronts and platforms. It's reviewed by gaming publications. Most importantly, it's played by gamers. Just like many other games that fall into the sim category.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yup, it's a surprisingly dumb argument. Well, maybe not surprising. SW has always gone out of its way to discredit games for the dumbest reasons.

Kiddie game, doesn't count. Indie game, doesn't count. Handheld game, doesn't count. 2d game, doesn't count. Sports game, doesn't count. RTS, MMO, etc. etc.

All of those have been arguments on here at some point. You'd think only 3rd person action adventure games are real games.

Differing examples, but it usually boils down to the same old shit. Some fanboys feeling the need to diminish something they don't like by attempting to remove it from the conversation entirely. Which obviously never works lol.

Even for those not coming at this from a fanboy angle, seems like a weird one to split hairs over. Gaming takes on many forms. MSFS. It's interactive entertainment. It's sold on gaming store fronts and platforms. It's reviewed by gaming publications. Most importantly, it's played by gamers. Just like many other games that fall into the sim category.

Its obvious that you hate Sony because you didn't mention movie games as being games. 😛

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Fair enough on the preference. That's what I considered here to be a part of faction.

Where did I say that you attack PC or MS? I already said you're not rabid like quad or tormentos. As for the instances: the ND TLOU2 and UC4 instance. You outright tried to deflect and get the thread locked. TLOU1, you tried to defend contrary to the information that they downgraded the encounter design and over sell it. You tried to downplay/reject the Epic engineer leak. You tried to downplay the recent RDNA1/2 tweet from a dev. You tried to defend Sony/PS5 on loading with me. You tried to downplay the throttling argument on PS5. Hell you tried to join Pedro over an argument about PC vs next-gen console sales because you probably considered it as an attack on PS5.

All of the above is motivated by your preference or whatever you want to call it. Haven't seen you going out of your way to do the same for Switch/PC/Xbox.

Part of a cows job is to bash anything MS does. Xbox and PC. That's the implication when you call someone a cow, lem etc...

The ND threads for TLOU2 were out of control. There were 8 of them on the first page. Spam is bad. It was bad for Halo Infinite as well. I did, however, actively participate in the story discussion thread which is how it's supposed to be. Who wants to have to respond in 5 threads about the same thing? Nobody.

When did I do that for TLOU1? I honestly don't remember that but if I did I'm sure I had good reasons. I did play the game multiple times.

What Epic engineer leak? The one about the laptop running UE5 which was later debunked as a mistranslation that Epic themselves corrected?

I didn't actually address the devs comments. What I argued in that thread was that the RX 5700 was a GCN/RDNA 1 hybrid. Btw that dev corrected himself and confirmed that it's an RDNA 2 chip with unique features.

I was simply trying to demonstrate that loading screens and "long hallways" were not the same thing.

What throttling argument? I argued that a boost to frequencies was not overclocking. That fact goes beyond consoles.

I joined Pedro because I was trying to stop a circular argument. How does that benefit Sony? Wait, are you calling Pedro a cow too?

Literally posted every DF video that showed One X beating out PS4 Pro until the forum got sick of it and I got too busy with my last job.

Literally created the FS 2020 release date announcement and said I'd double dip when VR came out.

That's BS and you know it cow epyon, we've been over this multiple times, the DF videos stopped shortly after the X came out, but yeah you were "too busy" to do them lol.

You are a cow, you're just slightly less rabid and more sneaky than the likes of tormeltdownos, but there's no denying you're a cow.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23726 Posts
@Pedro said:

Its obvious that you hate Sony because you didn't mention movie games as being games. 😛

Oh right, shit.

Movie game, doesn't count!

In the end, there's only DOOM.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Low IQ Cows are the most casual gamer around. Their movie games are even easier than Nintendo kids shit. They are designed for people who don't want to play video games lol. There are pathetic loser cows here who literally just play 1 Sony movie game exclusive a year and don't play any other video games (GPUKING, Giovela, M3dude, M3boarder, Carlos, r_gamer, blackhairedhero, ).

Calling sims "not games" is some of the most bogus bullshit I've seen in SW. And low IQ Cows used to say RTS didn't count back in the day due to the isometric view....

There is no worse fanboy than a non-gamer bottom feeding Cow.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Zero_epyon

@i_p_daily: same old stuff from you huh? Almost like you don’t have any games to play.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:

Maybe its a game with simulation elements? I haven't played it and probably wont as its not my thing but with Arma 3 people call it a military sim and its absolutely not. Its a game with elements of simulation.

Arma is military simulation. require entire keyboard and based on extreme realism.

No, its a tactical shooter with sim elements. VBS is a mil-sim.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22962 Posts

The flight Sim sensitivity is straight up anger that Microsoft delivered a top tier game... Anyone bagging on it is just showing their cards... And it's kinda pathetic.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:

My thread has nothing to do with story or anything around it. You know it, I know it. The reason you tried to downplay it is completely different.

No, you didn't. It was in the same thread you were defending the TLOU 2, scripted reveal as well as UC4 downgrade along with quad. When ellos also stepped in to share the actual outrageous claims from NS prior to TLOU1's release.

Nothing was debunked. Feel free to point where it was. The excuses cows used to dismiss this leak were and still are stupid and LOL worthy. Epic never dismissed it officially, Sweeney tried to DC it and then himself retracted the first response.

You did. You outright dismissed the thread and TC, questioning the authenticity based on the above.

You know it and I know it that was not the case. You tried to change the definition of loading screens and keep trying to defend Cerny. Your goal there is to cover the lies by Sony/Cerny.

I'm talking about the first DF video on Cerny's presentation where you tried to argue that throttling the CPU is just temporary and we are blowing it unnecessary.

I know Pedro wasn't a cow but I know your preferences. It wasn't a circular argument that I discussed in that very thread. The motivation to join on Pedro definitely came from your love from Sony.

The rest you doing the same for Xbox/Switch is downright false. You appreciating or accepting something that can't be disputed at all without going into delusional territory like tormentos is not the same as defending/downplaying/hiding the weakness/lies around your preferred company. Feel free to show you ever did anything close to the highlighted points for PC/Xbox/Switch.

Hell in this very thread your first defense was cows didn't do that.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

First, show me a thread where I'm being fanatical...

Second, I posted so many DF vids post One X release that people were bored of them. It wasn't worth the time, which was short for me at the time. I was making them since that summer all the way until December/January after the console launched. I covered almost every enhanced game DF anazlyed.

couple of examples:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-assassins-creed-origins-xbox-one-x-tech-first-l-33395255/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-fortnite-xbox-one-x-delivers-a-big-visual-upgra-33419585/?page=1

And God forbid any of those titles had any issues like performance drops or dynamic resolutions. Lems were always in there crying foul even though that's what DF found.

Why would I need to show you a thread about being fanatical when I never claimed you were? You don't have to be fanatical to be considered a cow, lem, herm or sheep on SWs.

Your X1X VS Pro DF threads were far and few between and you were called out on it several times. I mean the second a X1 vs PS4 DF article came out that favored the PS4 you posted it in a heartbeat. Still that isn't what makes you a cow and you know it.

Don't confuse fanatical with being a fanboy. Your pro Sony posts are enough for you to be considered a cow whether you're fanatical or not.