Should Xbox One Fade into the Sunset with the Wii-U ?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

I mean it's got abysmal sales compared to the PS4, although it has more sales than the Wii-U, that really isn't saying much.

The hardware is still has ugly and bulky as a 1st gen VCR from the 80's, and it's exclusives for 2016 are no where near as attractive as the PS4's exclusive line up.

Truthfully what exactly does Xbox One have to offer?, i think Microsoft should take a page from Nintendo's book and just start over and try to get it right....the Xbox One is just not cutting it.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

mean it's got abysmal sales compared to the PS4.

Pretty much every console in history has that. The ps4 is the fastest selling console in history.

The Xbone sales numbers are actually pretty good.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I think you and your threads should fade into the sunset, why don't you go buy another Alienware Alpha.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@nyadc said:

I think you and your threads should fade into the sunset, why don't you go buy another Alienware Alpha.

No thanks, i tried it, and found out that STEAM SUCKS on an Alienware console !!!! So i'm quite content with my four Playstations, sounds like i struck a nerve with you huh?

So why don't you go back to playing your X-CRAP One and don't bother replying to my posts if you hate them so much.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Slimmin360: something tells me the problem wasn't with Steam or the alienware...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The quicker that's done, the faster PS4 may have actual competition.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NyaDC

@lostrib said:

@Slimmin360: something tells me the problem wasn't with Steam or the alienware...

It wasn't, it was a straight up example of a console gamer getting into something over their head.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NyaDC

@spicymeatball27 said:

PS4 should just end up under the tombstone lol. The amount of shovelware on that console is just laughable. I mean u have walking simulators that idiots brag about lol. They have QTE films with NO gameplay. Hell u have VITA ports going over to the PS4 that no one asked for because its shovelware. Same go's with Anime. Lazy ports of PS3 games upscaled to 1080p like Uncharted with alot of crap missing.

There's literally no reason to own a PS4 unless u want to torture yourself to play a shit game called Killzone lol. Same go's with Knack/ Driveclub with poor gameplay from 1997 tank cars bumping into lol.SAME bad service as PS3 with NO online exclusive coop or MP games. So PS Plus is worthless.

XB1 is doing extremely well. It sold 1.2 million & 1. 3 million for Nov-Dec alone. Right next to the PS4. So u make no sense lmao. The games suck on the PS4 & PS3 has the better versions because of how bad the ports are and games are on PS4. XB1 has actual games not crap like i mentioned from handheld Vita LOL. Spend $450 at launch for a PS4 for this crap ( Vita ports/ Lazy ps3 ports w/ missing content/ QTE films/ Anime trash that appeals to no one/ Zero coop/ MP online games etc etc)

So PS4 should be 6 feet under with there shovelware of Iphone games LOL

You need to dial it back a notch, it's got some game quality issues and a heap of shovelware but being presented like this is a total overreaction.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

^irony

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

If Scalebound and Recore aren't any good, I'm going to sell my X1.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib

@nyadc said:
@lostrib said:

It wasn't, it was a straight up example of a console gamer getting into something over their head.

Oh i remember it. Pretty sure a bunch of people told him not to get an Alpha, and he was a belligerent as per usual....and then kaboom

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
@spicymeatball27 said:

PS4 should just end up under the tombstone lol. The amount of shovelware on that console is just laughable. I mean u have walking simulators that idiots brag about lol. They have QTE films with NO gameplay. Hell u have VITA ports going over to the PS4 that no one asked for because its shovelware. Same go's with Anime. Lazy ports of PS3 games upscaled to 1080p like Uncharted with alot of crap missing.

There's literally no reason to own a PS4 unless u want to torture yourself to play a shit game called Killzone lol. Same go's with Knack/ Driveclub with poor gameplay from 1997 tank cars bumping into lol.SAME bad service as PS3 with NO online exclusive coop or MP games. So PS Plus is worthless.

XB1 is doing extremely well. It sold 1.2 million & 1. 3 million for Nov-Dec alone. Right next to the PS4. So u make no sense lmao. The games suck on the PS4 & PS3 has the better versions because of how bad the ports are and games are on PS4. XB1 has actual games not crap like i mentioned from handheld Vita LOL. Spend $450 at launch for a PS4 for this crap ( Vita ports/ Lazy ps3 ports w/ missing content/ QTE films/ Anime trash that appeals to no one/ Zero coop/ MP online games etc etc)

NyaDC, please

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NyaDC
@lostrib said:

Oh i remember it. Pretty sure a bunch of people told him not to get an Alpha, and he was a belligerent as per usual....and then kaboom

Yeah, he profusely argued with all of us, sad really...

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#15 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Yes. A console doesn't deserve to exist without exclusive. It's the reason why Wii and 360 died so much earlier than the PS3.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib

@darkrecon said:

X1 and wiiu have games what does ps4 have sales. Now do us favor jump of cliff

*facepalm*

DarkrecoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarkrecoN
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

Lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#19 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

I mean it's got abysmal sales compared to the PS4, although it has more sales than the Wii-U, that really isn't saying much.

The hardware is still has ugly and bulky as a 1st gen VCR from the 80's, and it's exclusives for 2016 are no where near as attractive as the PS4's exclusive line up.

Truthfully what exactly does Xbox One have to offer?, i think Microsoft should take a page from Nintendo's book and just start over and try to get it right....the Xbox One is just not cutting it.

These are sales of tires. Look at the revenue of Bridgestone its double that of 4th place Continental tires. But continental tires are still in business. I mean, is that how you "business gurus " would handle it? Bu a pussy and just pack it in?

Recently reports are saying its at 18-19 million sold. Obviously some people are buying it. So what exactly is "cutting it" to you TC?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#20  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

All traditional consoles need to fade away. All we need is PC. No more closed platforms with exclusives. All games on PC.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NathanDrakeSwag

@darkrecon said:

X1 and wiiu have games what does ps4 have sales. Now do us favor jump of cliff

What games does xbone have that can't be played anywhere else?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I think the Xbox One is better than the PS4. A lot of you all need to understand that just because X1 isn't selling as well as PS4, doesn't mean it's selling poorly. X1 has strong sells so far. It also has a lot of great games not on PS4. Better controller, better online, and I even liked the old X1 UI better than PS4s.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Primorandomguy

@NathanDrakeSwag: Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Halo: MCC, Forza 5, Forza 6, Forza Horizon 2, Rare Replay, Gears Ultimate Edition, Killer Instinct.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

@nyadc said:
@spicymeatball27 said:

You need to dial it back a notch, it's got some game quality issues and a heap of shovelware but being presented like this is a total overreaction.

cause Xbox One doesn't?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think that any other company given the same circumstances would have been ran out of gaming with torches and pitchforks. The only thing keeping the XBox brand alive is its access to Microsoft's vast resources. Any other company that took the natural laws of budgeting the manufacturing of a console and finding a price that stems its losses the first year or two would NOT have been able to make $150 price cuts within said year. It would have bankrupted the shit out of them.

Therein lies my biggest rub with the XBox. It not only took itself out, but in the act of keeping afloat for another couple of years, it slammed into the WiiU and made that platform death spiral as well. Anyone who thinks that this type of competition in the gaming industry is healthy is, in fact, a complete brainless pea-brained barely functioning imbecile. The question isn't whether XBox should disappear in the sunset with the WiiU. It's really that the XBox should have faded into the sunset all by itself rather than crapping on the industry on a slow and painful death roll out.

I really do wish Nintendo all the best luck in all of the world with the NX. I pray that it is a silver bullet into the temple of the XBoxes head. This has not been healthy competition. Gaming has been a plane hijacked by XBox and at least Sony had the wherewithal to give themselves a giant cushy escape pod called the PS4 this time around. Years from now, we will be having a dialogue about this. How Microsoft almost took out a beloved long-runner like Nintendo with reckless business practices. One will be missed. The other will not.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

If we agree with you, will you stop making shitty threads?

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

No.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

When asked this question directly my first thought that comes to mind is NO!

I prefer PS4 but why should xbox one fade away? As long as the industry damaging policies that MS originally planned to implement aren't used what harm is there in the xbox one keeping Sony honest?

Despite every criticism I can think of to say I don't need an xbox one, I still believe it has value on multiple levels.

1. It provides and alternative outlet for people who prefer the microsoft ecosystem.
  2. It provides a console environment for people who enjoy microsoft games and multiplayer.
  3. It's a middle ground console between PS4 and Wii U that provides needed competition to keep their competitors looking to provide content to stay on top.
  4. Probably the most important reason for me is staying loyal to fans who already invested in the system. I hate it when companies cut out and leave fans hanging who invested in their product just because they didn't get the N01 spot. I never fully forgave MS for killing the original xbox before it's time and leaving it to die in 2004.

Xbox One can still do good for many gamers regardless of it's current situation compared to PS4. It's no where near the critical state Wii U is at this point and still can provide some diversity for people who want some of the original content that MS provides and do not get into PC gaming.

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#29 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

@BassMan said:

All traditional consoles need to fade away. All we need is PC. No more closed platforms with exclusives. All games on PC.

PC already has all the games m8, if consoles faded away their exclusives would vanish along with them. If you dislike exclusives then you dislike games.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NyaDC

@killonsight said:
@BassMan said:

PC already has all the games m8, if consoles faded away their exclusives would vanish along with them. If you dislike exclusives then you dislike games.

Why would games that would traditionally be exclusives vanish? Games themselves drive a higher profit margin that the console hardware ever could, hell 2 really successful games likely outweigh any profit margins the hardware could ever bring in. If everyone was centralized on a single platform like the PC which nobody owns the profits would be astronomical and everyone would benefit. Consoles don't need to exist anymore and just by how little exclusive content they have now there's not that big of a reason to even buy them anymore.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By casharmy

@BassMan said:

That's more idiotic that what the TC suggested. Consoles competition drives diversity and high quality standards every generation.

Many games of the best games that have ever released would never have been made if these private companies had not been trying to crate the next great successful IPs to or do fan service to a specific fan base that their demographic loves.

See "Demon's Souls" history and realize that Dark Souls would never have existed if Sony had not have co-developed the game with From Software first as a fan service to a small specific fan demographic of console gamers who love challenging dungeon crawlers. The game was never originally expected to be ported outside Japan but the rest is history.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BassMan

@casharmy said:
@BassMan said:

That's more idiotic that what the TC suggested. Consoles competition drives diversity and high quality standards every generation.

Many games of the best games that have ever released would never have been made if these private companies had not been trying to crate the next great successful IPs to or do fan service to a specific fan base that their demographic loves.

See "Demon's Souls" history and realize that Dark Souls would never have existed if Sony had not have co-developed the game with From Software first as a fan service to a small specific fan demographic of console gamers who love challenging dungeon crawlers. The game was never originally expected to be ported outside Japan but the rest is history.

A lot of the best games continue to be from third party developers. These companies have no investment in the console platform, yet they are magically able to make amazing games. Hmmm.... wonder how that works? Great games will continue to be made as long as people want them. Regardless of platform.

If everybody is on the same platform.... there is that much more competition. Sony, MS, and Nintendo first party studios would be competing directly against each other and all other major studios. If you want sales, you better make a damn good game. There would be no freebie sales like Nintendo gets from having no competition on their platform. They would be forced to make quality titles again unlike the shit they have been rehashing for decades. It would be all about the studios making quality games.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By casharmy

@BassMan said:
@casharmy said:
@BassMan said:

Some of the best games continue to be from third party developers. These companies have no investment in the console platform, yet they are magically able to make amazing games. Hmmm.... wonder how that works? Great games will continue to be made as long as people want them. Regardless of platform.

If everybody is on the same platform.... there is that much more competition. Sony, MS, and Nintendo first party studios would be competing directly against each other and all other major studios. If you want sales, you better make a damn good game. There would be no freebie sales like Nintendo gets from having no competition on their platform. They would be forced to make quality titles again unlike the shit they have been rehashing for decades. It would be all about the studios making quality games.

Remember what happened to the quality of Sega games after they were no longer invested as console providers?

That is my rebuttal to the replay you just gave, so yeah, NO!

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NyaDC
@casharmy said:

Remember what happened to the quality of Sega games after they were no longer invested as console providers?

And the only answer needed to that question is; it's Sega.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BassMan
@nyadc said:
@casharmy said:

And the only answer needed to that question is; it's Sega.

Exactly. They never had very good franchises to begin with.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Cowspot to the rescue.

Sony Fan talking about games and they haven't had a compelling one since March of last year.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Isn't this the same dude that purchased an Alienware ? ......

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NathanDrakeSwag

@primorandomguy said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Halo: MCC, Forza 5, Forza 6, Forza Horizon 2, Rare Replay, Gears Ultimate Edition, Killer Instinct.

Killer Instinct and Gears Ultimate Edition are going to PC. Halo MCC and Rare Replay are port collections of games playable on other platforms, but I'll give you that these collections are exclusive. Forza Horizon 2 is also on 360.

So the only brand new exclusives xbone has this gen are Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 and Forza 5/6.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Would be nice if gaming was like other electronics and the platform was able to play all games. And no.....I'm not talking PC. That's a different type of gaming. I prefer console. Anyway never going to happen. What will happen is PC gaming only before consoles don't have a brands associated. As for MS...doesn't matter. Someone always enters the market. Brands come and go. Maybe MS should form a partnership with SEGA since Nintendo won't. That will fix MS. Hell yeah.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#40 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Its not doing as bad as the wii u. It can stick it out for a while more

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@aigis said:

Hmm bad is subjective. Depends on CEOs, Boards, and stock holders really.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

I say yes, both the Wii U and the Xbox One should fade into the sunset. The Windows 8 should fade into the sunset as well.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Primorandomguy

@NathanDrakeSwag: I mentioned KI and Gears Ultimate because they aren't on PC yet, so they're technically still exclusive. And FH2 on X1 is a completely better and different game than on the 360.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Both the PS4 and XB1 are going to fall behind drastically this year after they release all their big titles. PC gaming is already nearly a generation ahead in terms of graphics and performance and if 720-900p games at 30 fps is all the two consoles can offer, they are going to die out even quicker than people imagined at the start of this generation.

On top of that, PC gamers are getting high quality games almost weekly at this point, and console gamers are stuck waiting months between releases.

@nyadc said:
@killonsight said:

Why would games that would traditionally be exclusives vanish? Games themselves drive a higher profit margin that the console hardware ever could, hell 2 really successful games likely outweigh any profit margins the hardware could ever bring in. If everyone was centralized on a single platform like the PC which nobody owns the profits would be astronomical and everyone would benefit. Consoles don't need to exist anymore and just by how little exclusive content they have now there's not that big of a reason to even buy them anymore.

On top of that, console exclusive games exist solely to justify the existence of the console hardware. Nintendo for instance needs to make games for their platforms in order for people to be interested in buying them. The other two consoles this gen are pretty much purchased on the grounds of one of two different reasons: 1) which console do my friends have? or 2) I'm too cheap to invest in a proper gaming PC for all these multiplats I want, so I'm just going to settle for a console.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:

Both the PS4 and XB1 are going to fall behind drastically this year after they release all their big titles. PC gaming is already nearly a generation ahead in terms of graphics and performance and if 720-900p games at 30 fps is all the two consoles can offer, they are going to die out even quicker than people imagined at the start of this generation.

On top of that, PC gamers are getting high quality games almost weekly at this point, and console gamers are stuck waiting months between releases.

The graphics and performance are fine on consoles. Sure you can upgrade your PC and get better in both but in the end I game for the games and PC just doesn't get all the games.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#46 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I think that any other company given the same circumstances would have been ran out of gaming with torches and pitchforks. The only thing keeping the XBox brand alive is its access to Microsoft's vast resources. Any other company that took the natural laws of budgeting the manufacturing of a console and finding a price that stems its losses the first year or two would NOT have been able to make $150 price cuts within said year. It would have bankrupted the shit out of them.

Therein lies my biggest rub with the XBox. It not only took itself out, but in the act of keeping afloat for another couple of years, it slammed into the WiiU and made that platform death spiral as well. Anyone who thinks that this type of competition in the gaming industry is healthy is, in fact, a complete brainless pea-brained barely functioning imbecile. The question isn't whether XBox should disappear in the sunset with the WiiU. It's really that the XBox should have faded into the sunset all by itself rather than crapping on the industry on a slow and painful death roll out.

I really do wish Nintendo all the best luck in all of the world with the NX. I pray that it is a silver bullet into the temple of the XBoxes head. This has not been healthy competition. Gaming has been a plane hijacked by XBox and at least Sony had the wherewithal to give themselves a giant cushy escape pod called the PS4 this time around. Years from now, we will be having a dialogue about this. How Microsoft almost took out a beloved long-runner like Nintendo with reckless business practices. One will be missed. The other will not.

While I agree, I have a hard time seeing why MS's screw up also made Nintendo struggle so much. I think WiiU's pains stem from Nintendo not marketing the system properly or hardly at all. Some people still think it's an accessory to the Wii (somehow...). It could also use a healthy price drop to spur sales.

Im looking forward to the NX as well, and hope it shakes things up in this stagnating industry. It takes a market failure for a company to come back swinging, and they take actual effort with their products. Look at Sony last gen after the $599 reveal screw up. they had to work hard to turn things around. Look at MS this gen, who had one of the biggest unveiling fiascos ever. They are making a real effort to turn their image around. Nintendo is already focusing its efforts on the next-gen and leaving the WiiU behind after a couple more games.

More competition is good for consumers. Less is bad, and we have the results right in front of us. Sony is riding on the gravy train of success so hard that they have become extremely lazy, like Nintendo last gen. Both sold very quickly but with few reasons to actually by the system.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox

@LJS9502_basic said:

The graphics and performance are fine on consoles. Sure you can upgrade your PC and get better in both but in the end I game for the games and PC just doesn't get all the games.

720p @ 30fps was the standard last gen. People went out and bought 1080p televisions for Blu-ray.

Having a console that cannot take full advantage of that display is a joke. Especially for one touted to be an "upgrade" to the previous generation (especially considering both had less than 1GB of RAM and could, at times, render 1080p60 games; Devil May Cry 4 for instance).

When PC's are moving closer to 2-4K being the standard output resolution with 30-60fps on the high end (and over 60 on the low), developers are going to start moving away from console development. They are limited to what they can achieve on consoles. Just look at Star Citizen. Chris Roberts has talked about the game on consoles, but has expressed that while he'd like to see it reach a larger audience, he wouldn't want to limit his vision.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

720p @ 30fps was the standard last gen. People went out and bought 1080p televisions for Blu-ray.

Having a console that cannot take full advantage of that display is a joke. Especially for one touted to be an "upgrade" to the previous generation (especially considering both had less than 1GB of RAM and could, at times, render 1080p60 games; Devil May Cry 4 for instance).

When PC's are moving closer to 2-4K being the standard output resolution with 30-60fps on the high end (and over 60 on the low), developers are going to start moving away from console development. They are limited to what they can achieve on consoles. Just look at Star Citizen. Chris Roberts has talked about the game on consoles, but has expressed that while he'd like to see it reach a larger audience, he wouldn't want to limit his vision.

You miss the point of gaming. You sanitize it down to specs.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 foxhound_fox

@LJS9502_basic said:

You miss the point of gaming. You sanitize it down to specs.

If specs weren't important, the Wii U would be leading in sales.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#50 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@aigis said:

Hmm bad is subjective. Depends on CEOs, Boards, and stock holders really.

Sales wise