Should they have just named it the "JustWaitStation 4"?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Infamous Second Son will be a pretty great game. None of the current Xbox One exclusives interest me so I guess it's the justwaitbox one? Not every exclusive has to interest you. You can obviously play multiplat games on the platform.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I'm waiting for games on the xbone like I am for the playstation. I don't get it.

Spam2k2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Spam2k2k
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

I'm waiting for games on the xbone like I am for the playstation. I don't get it.

Agreed. Once I played out DR3/Forza/KZ/WT (none of which are spectacular or beyond anything I've been playing on past-gen) the only thing left on either console are the multiplats. Neither console has an advantage in games right now. Early adopters are trying to justify their purchases by tearing the other system down... threads like these only serve to give a heads up on whose opinion I can disregard moving forward ;)

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

Lems are falling apart. With the latest news of MS selling off their Xbox brand, they have lost their minds.

Quit trollin. Sony is more likely to sell the PS brand than MS to sell the Xbox brand. Just wait till the quarterly earnings (losses) are revealed. Dat red number.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@lhughey said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Lems are falling apart. With the latest news of MS selling off their Xbox brand, they have lost their minds.

Quit trollin. Sony is more likely to sell the PS brand than MS to sell the Xbox brand. Just wait till the quarterly earnings (losses) are revealed. Dat red number.

come again?

Microsoft's leading CEO candidate to replace Ballmer wants to sell off the Xbox brand. Whereas Sony is quite bullish about PS4 sales projections and nobody anywhere has ever suggested selling the PlayStation brand. Sony is more likely to be convinced of selling off their Music and Movies divisions than parting with their Computer Entertainment division...and that's not happening either. Major investor websites are starting to agree with Elop. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but yea.

Let's not talk out of our asses. It makes you look butthurt.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@lhughey said:

@xboxdone74 said:

come again?

Microsoft's leading CEO candidate to replace Ballmer wants to sell off the Xbox brand. Whereas Sony is quite bullish about PS4 sales projections and nobody anywhere has ever suggested selling the PlayStation brand. Sony is more likely to be convinced of selling off their Music and Movies divisions than parting with their Computer Entertainment division...and that's not happening either. Major investor websites are starting to agree with Elop. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but yea.

Let's not talk out of our asses. It makes you look butthurt.

Sigh...

I had a very clever and quite extensive rebuttle for you, then my machine locked up and I lost it. The tone of my response was very abrasive and would have been a good entry in this internet dick measuring contest. Sometimes things like that are for the better.

Let me start off by saying that you can believe what you want. But my thoughts differ from yours. We both watch for tech news (I'm sure daily), so quoting reported rumors or projects is probably not going to impress either. I saw the report for all of the things you quoted the day they were reported. I'm sure you saw it to on Tomshardware, theVerge or even here.

I'm particularly interested in talking about your first link. Anyone who thinks Elop is the leading candidate is flat out wrong. M$'s stock price has been stagnant because of WallStreets apathetic view of Ballmer, not of the companies profits. They have been extremely profitable for the last 3 years (minus the one quarter Surface charge back). How do you think they would respond to Elop being in charge? Keep in mind that Elop's main achievement was devaluing Nokia and handing over the keys to the throne to MS. Elop himself doesn't even think hes the leading candidate or even a likely candidate. When I learned of Elop's plan of selling the Xbox division, it was evident to many that this was his long shot. He broadcasted the plan hoping that Wallstreet would get behind it and push him. It hasn't happened. Of course, you have a few people who say its a good idea, but you have that with any idea.

Qualcomm's Jacobs was in the picture before Qualcomm locked him down a week ago with a fat check. The smart money is on Mulally (Ford) and has been for a few weeks. He is an engineer and would have street cred at a software company. More importantly, he has WallStreet cred. He also has experience turning around large mature companies. Elop is a pawn.

Let me also say that I don't really think that Sony will sell their PS brand, but I do think its more likely than MS sell the Xbox brand. Especially when you consider Sony's financials. Kaz has done a good job, but he will likely be under the gun for underestimating the time it takes to turn a big company around. Its going to take years, if it works at all. And the PS4 is likely not going to add much revenue from console sells for a while. I imagine PS plus subscriptions will be good for their bottom line, however.

In closing, I am not butthurt. I'm not one of these lil kids who gets emotionally involved in defending a console. I owned both consoles last gen and will again as soon as ND releases a game. Furthermore, I have no real desire to bounce chests. I could go back and forth with you all day, and you could with me. I can tell you are a smart dude. Unfortunately, my job and real world responsibilities wont allow it. Pretty soon M$ is going to announce their CEO. No need to argue about what's going to happen. Lets just sit back and enjoy the happenings.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#57  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

we wait through this same song and dance with the ps3, only back then it actually made sense. The ps4 is a launch console. Of course it will lack software. You won't have to wait nearly as long as launch ps3 owners did.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Infamous and DriveClub are coming out in 2014 along side a ton of multiplats. Plenty to play on the PS4 in 2014

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

"just you wait" was the battlecry of the mad cow last gen, so it'd be fitting to carry that over to the JustYouWaitStation instead

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

@always_explicitnow that was unnecessary.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Tastes and Opinions Made To Seem Like FUD & Hyperbole: The Thread.

Just because you aren't a fan of the games coming out for a particular system doesn't mean the rest of the 2.5(probably more now) World Wide aren't.

Nice try OP.

Avatar image for k1ngd0m4g3rul3z
K1ngd0m4g3rul3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By K1ngd0m4g3rul3z
Member since 2013 • 179 Posts

Both are useless, even pitiful Linux has 5x more games than both combined

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

This forum really sucks

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Just"Await"Station

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Infamous and DriveClub are coming out in 2014 along side a ton of multiplats. Plenty to play on the PS4 in 2014

multiplats that will also be visually superior and no doubt run better also.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: don't forget warframe, blacklight, and dcuo.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

"just you wait" was the battlecry of the mad cow last gen, so it'd be fitting to carry that over to the JustYouWaitStation instead

PS3 also destroyed xbox360 critically acclaimed high quality games last gen, So it'd be fitting for lemmings to expect the PS4 to carry over destroying the xbone in the same way as well.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@handssss: why are you so hung on 1080p? I get a great experience on any resolution.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@handssss: why are you so hung on 1080p? I get a great experience on any resolution.

That's fine. 1080p just offers a better experience. 1080p should be bare minimum now. It's almost 2014.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

@GunSmith1_basic: This. I basically see this topic as Xbone fans trying to grasp for ANYTHING negative against PS4. Its cheaper. Better hardware. Sold out everywhere still. Better multiplats. Does'nt take FOREVER to install games.PS+ games every month. Still has more first and third party support and will have more exclusives...........AGAIN!. I mean the launch lineup isnt all that great abut Sony has always delivered long term just like they're still doing with PS3!

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Games can come out for PS4 late next year... when i plan on getting one. Until then, ive got some x1 games to catch up on

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

Seriously, it's seems like all the good PS4 exclusives are not coming out until late next year. Examples are:

• The Order 1886 - Amazon shows Dec. 31, 2014 release
  • New "Uncharted game" - No date even mentioned on Amazon
  • Shadow of the Beast - Not even listed on Amazon

At least XBOX ONE has Titanfall coming out on March 11, 2014 (Amazon release date), and already has Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, and Forza 5. All are great games.

The PS4 does have KZSF and it's good. However, the only really good game, I can think of, coming to PS4 in the next few months is Dying Light (March 31, 2014 release date on Amazon), and that's not even an exclusive.

Can you all think of any other good multiplats that are coming to PS4 by May 2014? (Please don't say "Infamous: Second Son", I don't want that garbage).

Since when Ryze , Dead rising 3 and Killer Instict are so good games to even mention them.

Titanfall is an FPS game and PC version of it >>> X1s. Too many console gamers own a decent PC as we speak , i dont think theyll lose the opportunity to play this game if they want and above all , the best version of it.

Then Respawn Entertainment , which they know already they sided with wrong company ( X1 for titanfall console exclusivity ) are in such a damage control that even before the original Titanfall release they already stated in many interviews that TitanFall 2 WILL release on PS4 for sure. If thats not another slap for MS then what is ?

Also dont try to compare M$ with Sony as who of the two values way more their customers. Sony is clearly on another level. They proved it with PS1 , they proved it with PS2 , HELL they proved it even with PS3 while they were on a very serious financial loss of 7 billions ... As we speak more and more PS3 exclusives releasing. Where is Nintendo ? Where is M$ ? The two profitable companies of last gen ? Where ?

So all in all , with PS4 you know beforehand that youll get the maximum support and value for your $$ , amazing exclusives , quality AND quantity till PS5 release or even beyond. Something that you cant be so sure about the other 2 companies. Nintendo and M$. So if for you , current PS4 games are not that appealing for you to justify a PS4 purchase , then dont buy it. But in the long run we all know that Sony will support PS4 way more , waaaaay more than MS will do with X1. Period

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

On the PS4 the only game I currently own is Killzone Shadow Fall. On my Xbox One I own Killer Instinct, Forza Motorsport 5 and Fifa 14. (I did have Dead Rising 3, but traded it in for Forza after I was done with it). So I'm set for the next few months. I don't want a massive backlog again this gen, so before I buy anything else I want to finish the games I currently own.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Yeah, I'll wait for a price drop, GAIKAI and a fully patched PS4 for next year. So PlayWait Station 4 me. :-P

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

Infamous and killzone are the 2 most overrated garbage series sony has to offer. Seriously, look at the quality difference between those two turds compared to the last of us. Why sony continues to fund these 2 series is beyond me. Now with that being said, I am excited for driveclub and mlb the show, which is their most underrated franchise. Those come out in march so there won't be much wait for me cause I won't be picking up a ps4 until then maybe.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Infamous, Driveclub, Uncharted, Shadow of the Beast, etc.