Should i sell my 360 to get an PS3?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpartanI22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpartanI22
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

Lately i've been thinking of selling my 360 because i'm worried it's going to break on me. i dont see MS doing anything about the RROD and that realy makes me mad because they have not fix what needs to be fixed. Now before all you fan boys jump in and say NO!! the 360 is better or YES the PS3 is the best, i just wanted to know if any one feels the same way as me? I feel the PS3 is better made and wont break and i wont have to wonder if it's going to be working in the morning and i'm just flat out mad beause MS has not fixed the RROD. I've read that their coming out with a new 360 called ACE or the "code name" "jasper" is this true? i tried to find out but could not find anything on xbox web site about it. What do you guys and girls think?:roll:

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

personally i dont recomend people to sell their consoles as they usually regret it later, but its your choice, if you think its right do it

Edit: i think there will be 2 models for the 360 the jasper and the valhala, i think they will launched this summer, wheter or not they cure RROD..... microsoft said it will...we will have to see if it actually does

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#4 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
I'd say no. I don't know how long that warranty is that Microsoft gave it for RRoD victims, but to sell it due to fear of it breaking just isn't justification I feel. Save up and buy a PS3 if you want one, but don't sell the 360 for it. Plenty of games for it that are out and coming that are reason enough for keeping it.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#5 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.too_much_eslim

They changed the manufacturing process approximately 3 weeks ago, specifically changing the core's manufacturing and supposely using lead solder joints.

The main issue is now is whether you can concretely purchase one of the new models with these new processing techniques or not.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
why would you sell a console that has good games for a console that doesnt have any good games at all?
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

Lately i've been thinking of selling my 360 because i'm worried it's going to break on me. i dont see MS doing anything about the RROD and that realy makes me mad because they have not fix what needs to be fixed. Now before all you fan boys jump in and say NO!! the 360 is better or YES the PS3 is the best, i just wanted to know if any one feels the same way as me? I feel the PS3 is better made and wont break and i wont have to wonder if it's going to be working in the morning and i'm just flat out mad beause MS has not fixed the RROD. I've read that their coming out with a new 360 called ACE or the "code name" "jasper" is this true? i tried to find out but could not find anything on xbox web site about it. What do you guys and girls think?:roll:

SpartanI22

scope out the games and make your own imformed descision. and dont go by ratings, go by games YOU want to play not games some dumb reviewer tells you to play

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 st1ka

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.SemiMaster

They changed the manufacturing process approximately 3 weeks ago, specifically changing the core's manufacturing and supposely using lead solder joints.

The main issue is now is whether you can concretely purchase one of the new models with these new processing techniques or not.

i didnt know this, could you guys give me a link for this?

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.st1ka

I can't give a link because it wasn't made public. I know someone working on the new chipset for the 360 at ATI so I hear it from him.

Besides, Microsoft wouldn't tell people that. They wanna move the product on the shelf first before putting the new fresh models out.

lazerluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lazerluke
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts
Sony are a hardware company and make great hardware and the PS3 does feel like it is made better(apart from the sixaxis controller). But MS are a great software company so it is better online and has better games. I have both a 360 and PS3. I also have a gaming PC and if I had to give one up out of all three it would the PS3. It is the weakest in terms of a gaming experience.
SpartanI22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpartanI22

I see, i like my 360 but i'm worried that people are going to get sick of the RROD and MS is going to be in bad shape becuase ppl will stop buying the 360 and start buying the ps3 more and all the good game will be on the ps3......... lol sounds like a 360 fanboys worst dream.. lol

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

Although MS said that they've taken major steps to fix the RROD, i don't think they'll ever give a straight answer. Because even after the problem is fixed there will still be older consoles out there; or possibly other ways to get the RROD or any other problem.

But as long as your console is working and you like the games that you can play, and wouldn't mind sending it in once or twice if you have to, then i would keep it.

CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
I'm curious about these alleged new models as well.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
Sony are a hardware company and make great hardware and the PS3 does feel like it is made better(apart from the sixaxis controller). But MS are a great software company so it is better online and has better games. I have both a 360 and PS3. I also have a gaming PC and if I had to give one up out of all three it would the PS3. It is the weakest in terms of a gaming experience.lazerluke
that made me laugh
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.st1ka

I too would like to know if this is true or if it's just more lemming lying. Like the X-clamps, the bigger heatsink, the elite edition, Halo edition, Falcon, etc... which all supposedly fixed the problem.

TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheDarkDisciple

I see, i like my 360 but i'm worried that people are going to get sick of the RROD and MS is going to be in bad shape becuase ppl will stop buying the 360 and start buying the ps3 more and all the good game will be on the ps3......... lol sounds like a 360 fanboys worst dream.. lol

SpartanI22

Well, that's probably already happening to an extent. But fortunately, the 360 isn't suffering too much from it. There's still plenty of time left for MS to fix the problem and move on.

hscream13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hscream13
Member since 2004 • 1134 Posts

SpartanI22

yes

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

SpartanI22
Man just enjoy the system. I had a dreamcast,. Best system I ever owned. Was I hurt that the dreamcast fied yeah, but it gave me the best gaming experience of my life.
SpartanI22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpartanI22
yeah i like all the games on the 360 and a few on the ps3
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts

that made me laugh

Since your comments are nothing but that of an idiot, you should exit this thread.

Thread starter I'd say keep the 360 and save up and buy a PS3 since you have the warranty in place.

CubanBlunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CubanBlunt
Member since 2005 • 2025 Posts

SpartanI22

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/11/xbox-360-jasper-shrinks-ati-graphics-to-65-nm/

If you feel that way I would trade it in so you dont come out of pocket that much when/IF you get the PS3. Later on down the road if you want another 360 just buy one, at lease you will get a new 3 year warranty, which is up this year on the launch 360's.

SpartanI22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpartanI22
whos an idiot?
SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts

re you 8 years old or something?

sheesh, or u just a fakeboy?

when did u get your 360? I got mine around xmas when the falcon chip and the extra heat sink was put in and it runs real good, and it "feels" like good hard ware too, I dont get what people are thinking when something feels its good or not thats pretentious

just keep it, cuz if u sell it your not gonna get a good deal, u may as well wait, save some money and get the ps3 later on this year, that way you have both consoles and can play ALL the GOOD games

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts

I wouldn't recommend it, but thats just me.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

SpartanI22

Go for it, you won't regret it!

SpartanI22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpartanI22
me no?? what did i say i'm 18 i was just asking a qestion did not know i was harming anyone
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
Yes. You should always listen to other people and not yourself. :roll:
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.LEGEND_C4A

I too would like to know if this is true or if it's just more lemming lying. Like the X-clamps, the bigger heatsink, the elite edition, Halo edition, Falcon, etc... which all supposedly fixed the problem.

why do you bring in negativity into posts for? you call out people for lying and then this post turns into a flame war. be nice man. don't know whats worse, lol. bloods and crips or Microsoft fans and Sony fans hating on each other!

Your right, I need to chill out getting way too upset over this stuff lately. It really upsets me lately when X360 fans say the RROD is fixed. I wish they would stop already. It's not helping to try to mislead others.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
[QUOTE="LEGEND_C4A"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.EmperorSupreme

why do you bring in negativity into posts for? you call out people for lying and then this post turns into a flame war. be nice man. don't know whats worse, lol. bloods and crips or Microsoft fans and Sony fans hating on each other!

Your right, I need to chill out getting way too upset over this stuff lately. It really upsets me lately when X360 fans say the RROD is fixed. I wish they would stop already. It's not helping to try to mislead others.

Xbox 360 RROD is fixed though.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 st1ka

I wouldn't recommend it, but thats just me.

jackvegas21

your sig made me lol who is that?

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

Psychosisrain

Link to any reputable website claiming fixed please... Or any Microsoft statement?

TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheDarkDisciple

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]They just recently said they fixed thr RROD problems and that users shouldn't experience them anymore with the models coming out.EmperorSupreme

It's your fault for thinking there will be solid proof for a RROD fix. Because it will take a while before everyone has the RROD-free Xbox and we start noticing that they don't break nearly as often. That said, MS has lately been saying that they have taken major steps to fix it, just like i said earlier.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EmperorSupreme

It's your fault for thinking there will be solid proof for a RROD fix. Because it will take a while before everyone has the RROD-free Xbox and we start noticing that they don't break nearly as often. That said, MS has lately been saying that they have taken major steps to fix it, just like i said earlier.

TheDarkDisciple

Major steps doesn't = fixed. MS also implied they fixed it with the Xclamps and then again with heatsinks, those were also touted as major steps. And yes there should be proof if they want my money. Also goto any user review site, there are plenty of people experiencing the RROD even with recent purchases.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
i bought a ps3 because of 3rod actually. i still own one but all it does is collect dust. all i play is my ps3 anymore honostly.
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheDarkDisciple
[QUOTE="TheDarkDisciple"]

EmperorSupreme

Major steps doesn't = fixed. MS also implied they fixed it with the Xclamps and then again with heatsinks, those were also touted as major steps. And yes there should be proof if they want my money. Also goto any user review site, there are plenty of people experiencing the RROD even with recent purchases.

That's my point. MS will never truly be able to say "The RROD is gone, it will never happen again". And they probably wouldn't use those exact words anyway, since that's just what people call it when they see the error with 3 lights blinking.

chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts
i cant fathom why any genuine 360 owner would sell there console for the ps3 right now, its like downgrade in terms of quality gaming at the moment
him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. That would be rediculous.

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
I would say you shouldn't sell it, I have a new model and I've owned it for a week and it hasn't got hot yet and the longest I've played is 5 hours in a row, if my 360 dies then it wont be for a while so I can exchange it at best buy and get a newer and better model if one comes out.
Avatar image for SH4D0W_ASSASSIN
SH4D0W_ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SH4D0W_ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts
no dont do it i swaped my elite for a 60gb ps3 and i regreted it so i bought a 360 again the next week if you play online keep your 360 until some features sony has said would come out but they have been delayed.
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheDarkDisciple

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. That would be rediculous.

him42

lol

kuumoto1214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kuumoto1214
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

SpartanI22

I don't think you have to worry about this because for many developers, they prefer making games for the 360 since it is easier to program for. With the games out for the 360 and the upcoming games, I don't see a decline in sales simply because of the popularity of the system even with all its problems. You should only sell your system if you prefer the exclusives on the PS3. I personally got a PS3 as opposed to a 360 because of the exclusives it was getting. But if you like 360 games more then stick with it.

De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts

Since it ain't broke yet, keep it and get a PS3 if you have the means. Video games suck-up a lot of money and you must balance the long term advantages/ disadvantages of ownership.

You cant loose owning both but reliability of the 360 is a valid concern. I had my 360 before the PS3 and choose to go PS3 as lead for most games do to the stress of long term ownership. PS3 will last longer.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

sell it and buy it again around november when the 65nm cpu/gpu chiposet is in full swing and with a nice price cut.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

EmperorSupreme

Link to any reputable website claiming fixed please... Or any Microsoft statement?

It hasn't been proven to completely fix the problem. Microsoft and ATI are still testing it and putting the product out on the market now.

But you are correct, there has been no issue of a statement that clearly says "The Red Ring problem is fixed".

That being said however, I've not answered the original question yet. The 360 has a vastly superior lineup of game choices in terms of exclusives and often the better performing version of the multiplatform games.

Sony does a lot of waiting though. So the ultimate question, at this time is this?

Do you want to be able to play good games, and now, while risking your console breaking but getting it fixed at no cost to you? Or do you want to probably not play many games right now on a dependable console?

That's the choice.

I have a PS3 for the future and that it's backwards compatible and a 360 as I want what both offer.

BL1NDS1DE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#47 BL1NDS1DE
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts
yeah, i play my ps3 ten times more than my 360
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts

Trading in a good game console for a console without good games? Your choice, I wouldn't

And the rrod is officially gonna be fixed this summer

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

it goes both ways, I'll defend the 360 if someone is giving misleading information, but I don't take it so serious. just think happy thoughts man! HAPPY THOUGHTS!:P

liberty71441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 liberty71441
Member since 2008 • 705 Posts
yeah, i play my ps3 ten times more than my 360BL1NDS1DE

Just a little tip. when you buy a console you also have to buy games for it in order to get the better experience of the console.