Should Call of Duty die?

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dj-Dampleaf
Member since 2012 • 730 Posts

Putting Mr. Kotick and Activision aside, I believe that Call of Duty should die. But let me explain just in case their may be CoD fanboys here. First of all, Although it was decent, CoD wasn't too good since the BEGINNING. While It did try to change up things, and with Metal of Honor was basically dieing off at this point (Popularity and sales wise), it was still just another one of the many war shooters at that time. Fast forward to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Yes, it was an enjoyable game, it also started to show promise to the CoD series, but to me anyway, the game still wasn't that good. (Now I will talk of other games in no particular order.) Enter WAW or Call of Duty, World at war, which, if you strip away the zombies, is basically a generic war shooter with a passable story and plays and looked just like MW (Modernwarfare). Enter Modern Warfare 2, a completely buggy game that relied way to much on KS (Kill Streaks) and really didn't have much variety (IMO) in its multi-player. It was basically the same freaking game and used the same engine with lots of glitches and bugs. Yet, stripping away what the fans said it had that made it cool, it is yet another generic shooter. While many brought the game just like other titles, I was confused as to why it was popular. At this time, I basically concluded that id Call of Duty was on a box it would sell, but... Enter Black Ops. This made my realization true. It had record sales, and although most fans loved Infinity Wards games over Treyarch's, It seemed obvious to me they were one of the million and millions that brought Black ops. All basically because it said Call of Duty. At this point, the game receives mixed reception from fans. However, the low attention span fanboys seem to out number the people who have realized that this game is basically Modern Warfare 4. It doesn't look very good, plays the same, still has glitches, although some are fixed, short campaign, and just seemed rush. Most fans of the game said it is Activisions fault. However, I believe Treyarch lost motivation for the series for awhile now since Infinity Wards game had been copied twice by them with some things switched up. A game that was also around at the time called simply METAL OF HONOR, seemed to be a much more enjoyable title then Black Ops, yet didn't see much light. Black Ops was so over hyped, that many fanboys are blind, and even with proof of some faults some of them will think "You just don't know a good original game" or something along those lines. Activision has been publishing rehash for many years now, and Guitar Hero appears to be dead right now, but really, I think Call Of Duty should just end. It does nothing new, it's easy and take almost no skill to play, there are cheap deaths, glitches, bugs, not much multiplayer variety, KILLSTREAKS, ETC. It is a generic shooter series that should end and stop making all these idiot fans saying **** like CoD takes more skill and has better gameplay than most other FPS, like Halo. That is BS and really, it is a generic shooter that has been doing the same thing all this time and charging large amounts of money for bull**** downloadable content. Keep in mind this whole post is opinion based. IF TL;DR, just read the text above.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
If people keep on buying it enough that they make a good profit, no it shouldn't. It means enough people enjoy it that it should stay.
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts

Why would you want to kill off the PS3s best selling franchise?

Also I have never heard of "Metal" of Honor. Is that similar to "Medal" of Honor?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
If people keep on buying it enough that they make a good profit, no it shouldn't. It means enough people enjoy it that it should stay.tagyhag
Pretty much. A billion a year in sales and Activison simply wont stop.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#6 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

No I like Call of Duty, especially Black Ops 2. It is making some big changes to the series, I think it will end up being something special.

Supply and demand, people demand more COD, Activision gives it. If this is what keeps the fans happy then what's the big problem? If you don't like COD just don't buy the damn games then. Really COD haters are all hypocryites, they all play COD.

They just pretend to hate it on here to try to fit in with the anti-social, bottom of the barrel fringe community that thinks it makes them cool to "hate" the popular stuff.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

Yes hopefully it is ruining the industry.People only enjoy because they suck at games COD is the only game they enjoy because they dont get their butts kicked in it since it has an easy learning curve.

Activision should spend their time making fresh new ips.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 free_milk
Why would you want to kill off the PS3s best selling franchise?EzcapeTheFate
Xbox is the reason COD is popular.Microsoft saved the franchise.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Why would you want to kill off the PS3s best selling franchise?EzcapeTheFate

Its also the 360's best selling franchise ever.. of course you wouldnt know that.

And no dumbass ( the person that wrote the wall of text nagging like an old lady ) millions of people around the world love the franchise so why want it to die? by that logic then pokemon should die, mario should die, halo should die and so on.

i dislike selfish people cuz if you freaking cant handle or want to play CoD then gtfo no one cares let others enjoy...stupidity at its best i tell you.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]Really COD haters are all hypocryites, they all play COD SNIPER4321
i have not bought a single COD game since 4 and havenot fully played since MW2. your logic = fail once again

But you still played it, what do you know. Look at the gamertags of COD haters, you will find they always play and buy COD games.

Hating COD doesn't make you cool, it just makes you look silly. I think Battlefield is one of the most boring games I ever played, but I don't hate it.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

First of all, Although it was decent, CoD wasn't too good since the BEGINNING. Dj-Dampleaf

And that wall of text loses credibility at the speed of light.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
nope. the amount money they get from release i think they should do more, but they tend to do more then your average dev, but not much.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"]Why would you want to kill off the PS3s best selling franchise?free_milk

Cod was always popular.

EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EzcapeTheFate
[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"]Why would you want to kill off the PS3s best selling franchise?free_milk

What does that have to do with it being the best selling game on the PS3?
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"]Why would you want to kill off the PS3s best selling franchise?GD1551

Cod was always popular.

Yep. Many people forget that the game was very popular on PC for a long time.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

No I like Call of Duty, especially Black Ops 2. It is making some big changes to the series, I think it will end up being something special.

Supply and demand, people demand more COD, Activision gives it. If this is what keeps the fans happy then what's the big problem? If you don't like COD just don't buy the damn games then. Really COD haters are all hypocryites, they all play COD.

They just pretend to hate it on here to try to fit in with the anti-social, bottom of the barrel fringe community that thinks it makes them cool to "hate" the popular stuff.

What makes you think the haters keep playing?
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dj-Dampleaf

[QUOTE="Dj-Dampleaf"]

First of all, Although it was decent, CoD wasn't too good since the BEGINNING. GD1551

And that wall of text loses credibility at the speed of light.

In a quote box that wall of text is.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] i have not bought a single COD game since 4 and havenot fully played since MW2. your logic = fail once againSNIPER4321

But you still played it, what do you know. Look at the gamertags of COD haters, you will find they always play and buy COD games.

Hating COD doesn't make you cool, it just makes you look silly. I think Battlefield is one of the most boring games I ever played, but I don't hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY this VID sum up COD. there are plenty of reasons to hate COD. get over it.

I don't care what some guy on Youtube has to say. There is no legit reason for anyone to hate a video game, that's just stupid and sad. COD has made the industry better, if you don't like COD just don't play COD (even though you secretly do, I saw your gamertag). You need to play more shooters....

SkyRaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 SkyRaid
Member since 2004 • 2001 Posts

Literally only people from the depths of the internet hate on CoD. Everyone I know loves it. It has great production values and fantastic multiplayer. I just don't understand the hate it gets. Sure wish Square could release one decent game every year. I'd honestly rather take small incremental steps every year, rather than huge steps(or no steps) like in most other series.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Personally, I would like to see the series die since I think it has set several bad precedents for gaming as a whole. Unfortunately, millions of people seem to love the series and if that is what they love than I am not one to take it away from them.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 free_milk

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]Really COD haters are all hypocryites, they all play COD ShadowMoses900

i have not bought a single COD game since 4 and havenot fully played since MW2. your logic = fail once again

I brought yearly cods when I was a casual gamer like you :lol: Also people in my family play cod on my account unfortunately
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] i have not bought a single COD game since 4 and havenot fully played since MW2. your logic = fail once againfree_milk

I brought yearly cods when I was a casual gamer like you :lol: Also people in my family play cod on my account unfortunately

If I'm a casual gamer then I'm happy, I wonder what it means to be a hardcore gamer like you then. What's it like? Do you get girls? Do you have a job or to college? Or do you just sit around and play games 40 hours a week and rarely leave the house? If that's what it means to be a "hardcore gamer" then count me out, I'll be casual anyday.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY this VID sum up COD. there are plenty of reasons to hate COD. get over it. SNIPER4321

I don't care what some guy on Youtube has to say. There is no legit reason for anyone to hate a video game, that's just stupid and sad. COD has made the industry better, if you don't like COD just don't play COD (even though you secretly do, I saw your gamertag). You need to play more shooters....

COD is perfect and have no flaws. i like how all NPC kills them and we complete the mission without shooting a single fire. its much better. and games like Stalker are too complex and has big inventory system and no auto-aim and no regen health. I dont want these. I want 2 weapons limit, regen health and scripted and short campaign. COD make industry better. those who hate COD are just elitists and hipster. boo them.

Your sarcasm sucks.

And no one cares about Stalker, it is not too complex, it's just boring. It's also one of the most bug ridden games ever made, COD is the far superior game. You are probably just mad that you suck at COD.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

What the hell is metal of honor? I would have just put that down to a typo, but the same error was made later on in the post so I either assume there was a game called metal of honor that I never had the chance to play since I was too busy playing Medal of honour, or the person that posted this garbage is simply a dumbass.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

COD is perfect and have no flaws. i like how all NPC kills them and we complete the mission without shooting a single fire. its much better. and games like Stalker are too complex and has big inventory system and no auto-aim and no regen health. I dont want these. I want 2 weapons limit, regen health and scripted and short campaign. COD make industry better. those who hate COD are just elitists and hipster. boo them.

Your sarcasm sucks.

And no one cares about Stalker, it is not too complex, it's just boring. It's also one of the most bug ridden games ever made, COD is the far superior game. You are probably just mad that you suck at COD.

:lol:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
No.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Yes and Zelda and Assassin's Creed
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts
I dont see why these games are so hotly debated.. theyre good popcorn fun like uncharted or gears. If youre sick of them then stop buying them. I stopped after blops. Not worth my $60 but to some it is. Live and let live.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Nope.

The only thing wrong with CoD is the fanboys can't accurately describe what makes the game better than other shooters, and the critics can't accurately describe why the game is worse than other shooters.

The discussions of CoD on the internet are some of the stupidest I have ever read.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
No
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]And no one cares about Stalker, it is not too complex, it's just boring. SNIPER4321

apart from millions of Stalker fans? COP sold more than 2 millions. you never played. it. only PC gamers play it.

also feel free to check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXRo7ZTZAKg

I have Half Life 2 fool. It is a good game, definitely a much better SP than COD or any other shooter out there, it's like 20 hours long. But I still find COD to be the better game, especially in gameplay. COD has good campaigns though too.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dj-Dampleaf

What the hell is metal of honor? I would have just put that down to a typo, but the same error was made later on in the post so I either assume there was a game called metal of honor that I never had the chance to play since I was too busy playing Medal of honour, or the person that posted this garbage is simply a dumbass.

burgeg
I just write down peoples opinions on the series by word of mouth. Word for word this is about 5 people of combined opinon.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts
I dont see why these games are so hotly debated.. theyre good popcorn fun like uncharted or gears. If youre sick of them then stop buying them. I stopped after blops. Not worth my $60 but to some it is. Live and let live.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]And no one cares about Stalker, it is not too complex, it's just boring. ShadowMoses900

apart from millions of Stalker fans? COP sold more than 2 millions. you never played. it. only PC gamers play it.

I have Half Life 2 fool. It is a good game, definitely a much better SP than COD or any other shooter out there, it's like 20 hours long. But I still find COD to be the better game, especially in gameplay. COD has good campaigns though too.

20?
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

SNIPER4321

WTF?? how does it make sense? u said HL2 has much better SP but then saying COD is better game?? and like video sum up there is no way COD gameplay is better than HL unless you have very low standard in FPS genre.

Half life 2 has a better campaing (it only has a campaign), but overall COD is the better game. It has better gameplay and it has multiplayer. That video is just an opinion, everyone has one. In my opinion COD is the superior game.

Both are great though. Both are far better than Team Fortress 2, probably the worst FPS this whole gen. It doesn't even have a campaign mode, that's how bad it is.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

WTF?? how does it make sense? u said HL2 has much better SP but then saying COD is better game?? and like video sum up there is no way COD gameplay is better than HL unless you have very low standard in FPS genre.

Half life 2 has a better campaing (it only has a campaign), but overall COD is the better game. It has better gameplay and it has multiplayer. That video is just an opinion, everyone has one. In my opinion COD is the superior game.

Both are great though. Both are far better than Team Fortress 2, probably the worst FPS this whole gen. It doesn't even have a campaign mode, that's how bad it is.

I think you shou8ld say has the better story In SW to ease confusion.
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dj-Dampleaf

WTF?? how does it make sense? u said HL2 has much better SP but then saying COD is better game?? and like video sum up there is no way COD gameplay is better than HL unless you have very low standard in FPS genre.SNIPER4321

WTF man?? have you even watch those videos? those were not one man opinion?? it clearly showing the fact how COD is disaster in FPS genre.

LET'S PANIC AND GET MAD! GRRRRR! Dog:  Grrr.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] WTF?? how does it make sense? u said HL2 has much better SP but then saying COD is better game?? and like video sum up there is no way COD gameplay is better than HL unless you have very low standard in FPS genre.SNIPER4321

WTF man?? have you even watch those videos? those were not one man opinion?? it clearly showing the fact how COD is disaster in FPS genre.

No it is an opinion. I could probably find some videos that show the opposite if I wanted to. I find COD to be the overall superior game, I'm sorry you can't handle different opinions, I'm sorry it makes your fanboy world collapse, but it is my opinion.

You don't have to like it, I don't expect you to and I don't care. But it is MY opinion and I have every right to it. If other people's opinions offend you then you should go put a helmet on.

EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EzcapeTheFate
COD is for campers, tryhards and screaming 10 year old kids. If you fall into one of those 3 categories you are probably a COD gamer.
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

No it is an opinion. I could probably find some videos that show the opposite if I wanted to. I find COD to be the overall superior game, I'm sorry you can't handle different opinions, I'm sorry it makes your fanboy world collapse, but it is my opinion.

You don't have to like it, I don't expect you to and I don't care. But it is MY opinion and I have every right to it. If other people's opinions offend you then you should go put a helmet on.

Uh, I think he can steal hear you:
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]I find COD to be the overall superior gameSNIPER4321
good for you.
I'm sorry you can't handle different opinions, I'm sorry it makes your fanboy world collapse, but it is my opinion. You don't have to like it, I don't expect you to and I don't care. But it is MY opinion and I have every right to it. ShadowMoses900
The video i post there show Facts and truth about COD and Half life. not opinions. u cant even open doors. only NPC can open doots and HL which was release decade ago. 1998. where we open doors by themselves. see how COD is disaster in FPS genre.

Maybe moses likes games that don't make you open doors and your squad actually helps you? GASP
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]I find COD to be the overall superior gameSNIPER4321
good for you.
I'm sorry you can't handle different opinions, I'm sorry it makes your fanboy world collapse, but it is my opinion. You don't have to like it, I don't expect you to and I don't care. But it is MY opinion and I have every right to it. ShadowMoses900
The video i post there show Facts and truth about COD and Half life. not opinions. u cant even open doors. only NPC can open doots and HL which was release decade ago. 1998. where we open doors by themselves. see how COD is disaster in FPS genre.

The video was just full of some guys opinions, opinions are not facts. But in the fanboy world I guess they are. Don't run for office, it will be scary.