Should Call of Duty die?

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by funsohng (27535 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]Really COD haters are all hypocryites, they all play COD ShadowMoses900

i have not bought a single COD game since 4 and havenot fully played since MW2. your logic = fail once again

But you still played it, what do you know. Look at the gamertags of COD haters, you will find they always play and buy COD games.

Hating COD doesn't make you cool, it just makes you look silly. I think Battlefield is one of the most boring games I ever played, but I don't hate it.

Hating on CoD after actually playing it - you are a hypocrite! Hating on CoD without actually playing it - you should play it before you hate it! dafaq do you want us to do?
#102 Posted by Mr_Cumberdale (10188 posts) -
For some reason I'm addicted to COD. I enjoy AAA games, but COD is really easy to pick up and play. I have 750 hours in BO and 500 in MW3. Excited for BO2!
#103 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

No I like Call of Duty, especially Black Ops 2. It is making some big changes to the series, I think it will end up being something special.

Supply and demand, people demand more COD, Activision gives it. If this is what keeps the fans happy then what's the big problem? If you don't like COD just don't buy the damn games then. Really COD haters are all hypocryites, they all play COD.

They just pretend to hate it on here to try to fit in with the anti-social, bottom of the barrel fringe community that thinks it makes them cool to "hate" the popular stuff.

ShadowMoses900

It actually sucks. Sorry.

#104 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

For some reason I'm addicted to COD. I enjoy AAA games, but COD is really easy to pick up and play. I have 750 hours in BO and 500 in MW3. Excited for BO2!Mr_Cumberdale

Holy sh!t! I don't even have that many hours on oblivion, and that's my most-played game.

#105 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

Eventually it should, but to kill it off suddenly would be incredibly selfish. There's a lot of people who actually like it.

#106 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

No I like Call of Duty, especially Black Ops 2. It is making some big changes to the series, I think it will end up being something special.

Supply and demand, people demand more COD, Activision gives it. If this is what keeps the fans happy then what's the big problem? If you don't like COD just don't buy the damn games then. Really COD haters are all hypocryites, they all play COD.

They just pretend to hate it on here to try to fit in with the anti-social, bottom of the barrel fringe community that thinks it makes them cool to "hate" the popular stuff.

GOGOGOGURT

Prove it.

#107 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
Call of Duty just needs to be advanced, that's what Treyarch is doing with Black Ops 2. IW and Sledgehammer on the other hand, if the rumors are true, are killing the franchise. Hopefully we'll see a big jump next gen.
#108 Posted by parkurtommo (26040 posts) -

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Prove it.

Prove that it doesn't! :o
#109 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Call of Duty just needs to be advanced, that's what Treyarch is doing with Black Ops 2. IW and Sledgehammer on the other hand, if the rumors are true, are killing the franchise. Hopefully we'll see a big jump next gen.TheDidact

You know, ever since MW2, TreyArch has become the better COD developer. They push it more further, the campaign in Black Ops was great and had a good storyline and plot. Black Ops 2 is making some HUGE changes to the series, the class system is vastly different and there arn't even kill streaks anymore.

The story mode has multiple endings and player choice, the game also has some sand box gameplay and of course zombies. A zombie campaign and a sand box zombie survival with 8 players. Then there is the great COD multiplayer.

I know I'm excited, I don't know how you can ask for more from a shooter.

#110 Posted by fueled-system (6248 posts) -

Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer should stop but Treyarc has been great.

At least with Black Ops they tried to change the formula and didn't give in to the kids that want to quickscope every stupid thing and camp for a big streak

#111 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer should stop but Treyarc has been great.

At least with Black Ops they tried to change the formula and didn't give in to the kids that want to quickscope every stupid thing and camp for a big streak

fueled-system

Sniping was the only issue I had with Black Ops. There were no good spots to do it and it was too slow. The MW games are way better for sniping.

#112 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

I don't know how you can ask for more from a shooterShadowMoses900

that is not mediocre scripted 3 hour gun tawting wack a mole SP with QTEs and noobish MP??

#113 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"] I don't know how you can ask for more from a shooterSNIPER4321

that is not mediocre scripted 3 hour gun tawting wack a mole SP with QTEs and noobish MP??

Just wait when Black Ops 2 comes out and get's 9's and even 10's. Your damage control will be hilarious! It will score higher than your precious Stalker ever will.

I honestly think Black Ops 2 will not only be best shooter of the year, but maybe even best shooter ever made.

#114 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"] I don't know how you can ask for more from a shooterShadowMoses900

Just wait when Black Ops 2 comes out and get's 9's and even 10's. Your damage control will be hilarious! It will score higher than your precious Stalker ever will.

I honestly think Black Ops 2 will not only be best shooter of the year, but maybe even best shooter ever made.

yeah because i give a single crap about scores. especially when it comes to COD. we all know it will score 9 because of it name. but it doesnot have anything that i want in FPS. it doesnot have anything that true FPS fans want to see in FPS.
#115 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

why should it? it makes a lot of people happy. they wouldn't sell so well if people didn't enjoy the previous games in the series.

#116 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

I personally don't care if it dies or not as I don't play any of the games, but to wish it to die is pretty stupid as many people actually enjoy playing it.

#117 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
No. Games largely better for having COD around. It's easy to bemoan how it's causing negative industry trends, perpetuating a sort of negative perception about games as stupid military fantasies, or causing games to be all 'casual'; and there's all truth in that. However the positives far outweigh it. This means more people playing games, and games footprint in popular culture and relevance growing even more. That means more investment in games, more attention and more acknowledgement at its cultural significance. And we can dig deeper. What it means is a whole *counter culture* in games development and expectations to COD. We've seen stuff like military sims and more 'hardcore' or tactical shooters spring up in attention, or even a variety of games as a reaction to the popularisation of military shooters, like medieval combat, and more 'immersive sim' games; which are not trying to compete with COD rather aim for a totally different audience; a response to how focused that manshootan part of the market has become on COD. We've even had games that are commentaries on COD and that brand of game like Spec Ops. How amazing is that? We've got art being made a as a response to art. Godamn that's ****ing cool. And finally for all the casual hoo haa about COD being popular, imagine if COD didn't exist. Imagine if it didn't have market dominance. Where would all those players go to get their fix? Developers would retool their IPs to make a dash for this player base, and that means even more focus on the 'COD audience'; a sinkhole of concentration on the 'next COD successor', when the industry and developers at large have learnt the hard way that COD fans only care for COD. So yeah. COD is largely a good thing, a great thing even. I don't care for it anymore despite playing the games since the first in 2003, and plenty of COD related stuff erks me, but I'm largely glat it's there and that it exists.
#118 Posted by freedomfreak (38717 posts) -
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]No. Games largely better for having COD around. It's easy to bemoan how it's causing negative industry trends, perpetuating a sort of negative perception about games as stupid military fantasies, or causing games to be all 'casual'; and there's all truth in that. However the positives far outweigh it. This means more people playing games, and games footprint in popular culture and relevance growing even more. That means more investment in games, more attention and more acknowledgement at its cultural significance. And we can dig deeper. What it means is a whole *counter culture* in games development and expectations to COD. We've seen stuff like military sims and more 'hardcore' or tactical shooters spring up in attention, or even a variety of games as a reaction to the popularisation of military shooters, like medieval combat, and more 'immersive sim' games; which are not trying to compete with COD rather aim for a totally different audience; a response to how focused that manshootan part of the market has become on COD. We've even had games that are commentaries on COD and that brand of game like Spec Ops. How amazing is that? We've got art being made a as a response to art. Godamn that's ****ing cool. And finally for all the casual hoo haa about COD being popular, imagine if COD didn't exist. Imagine if it didn't have market dominance. Where would all those players go to get their fix? Developers would retool their IPs to make a dash for this player base, and that means even more focus on the 'COD audience'; a sinkhole of concentration on the 'next COD successor', when the industry and developers at large have learnt the hard way that COD fans only care for COD. So yeah. COD is largely a good thing, a great thing even. I don't care for it anymore despite playing the games since the first in 2003, and plenty of COD related stuff erks me, but I'm largely glat it's there and that it exists.

Damn.
#119 Posted by LustForSoul (5836 posts) -
You can hate games but it won't do the gaming market any good if it doesn't sell.
#120 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"] I don't know how you can ask for more from a shooterShadowMoses900

I doubt it will be the best shooter ever made but it has the opportunity to be the best in the franchise no doubt.
#121 Posted by Killrnut (123 posts) -

People only enjoy because they suck at games COD is the only game they enjoy because they dont get their butts kicked in it since it has an easy learning curve.

free_milk

I actually get my butt kicked often in CoD and I still enjoy playing it now and then.

I'm just not very good at competitive multiplayer shooters.

#122 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

[QUOTE="free_milk"]

People only enjoy because they suck at games COD is the only game they enjoy because they dont get their butts kicked in it since it has an easy learning curve.

Killrnut

I actually get my butt kicked often in CoD and I still enjoy playing it now and then.

I'm just not very good at competitive multiplayer shooters.

#123 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

No of course not. Millions of people all over still enjoy the Call of Duty franchise. They deserve and are entitled to enjoy gaming just as any of us are.