Shadow of Mordor on PS3 goes as low as 10 FPS (DF)

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-shadow-of-mordor-last-gen-revisited

Patched to version 1.01, the results on PS3 are particularly shocking, and the worst we've seen on the console in recent memory. The crux of it is that entire passages of play unfold at 10-20fps, even while exploring Mordor's wastelands without a marauding Uruk in sight. Frame-rates are better on Xbox 360 by a regular 5fps margin, but both suffer from horrendous screen-tear, operating at a Vita-esque resolution of 960x540 to boot

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Almost as bad as dead rising on xbone.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

It's more cinematic though.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Krelian-co : said "I have an excuse for this. This game drops to 16."

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Luckily I have the most powerful video game console to have been created.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

The 10 FPS makes it unplayable or something like that ?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By B4X

@Heil68 said:

Serious question. Do you think the X1 making into the hands of millions of gamers this holiday. That were led to believe it was horrible. Help the image of the console through word of mouth?

We both know it's a awesome product. Will word of mouth trump some of the negativity?

I think this would be a good topic on your podcast.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

TC is uglier

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@raugutcon said:

... yes?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@raugutcon said:

... yes?

lmao...here we go!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

That's way beyond cinematic. They are approaching such masters as Matisse and van Gogh, just need to go a little lower.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Nobody should complain about it then. After all... it is more cinematic!

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@Blabadon said:

TC is uglier

Loading Video...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Serious question. Do you think the X1 making into the hands of millions of gamers this holiday. That were led to believe it was horrible. Help the image of the console through word of mouth?

We both know it's a awesome product. Will word of mouth trump some of the negativity?

What's that have to do with PS4 being 50% more powerful?

The X1 was going to sell well no matter what. Price reductions and catalog would see to that. My bold prediction before launch of either is less than 10 million difference in sales between them.

If RROD, Kinect, PSN+ Hack, $600 launch and the cell couldn't stop sales, some bad PR before launch is not. Only thing that did was give Sony the lead and showed MS that they alone cant control the industry and as a whole people don't want Kinect.

You can join the podcast and discuss at any time. We will have out next cast January 8th, 2015.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Playing a game at 10FPS would be absolutely unbearable. If the resolution is true about 360 and ps3 version and they consistently play at that FPS then its time to pull the plug on the patch. The systems just can't handle the game.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 B4X

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

The X1 was going to sell well no matter what. Price reductions and catalog would see to that. My bold prediction before launch of either is less than 10 million difference in sales between them.

If RROD, Kinect, PSN+ Hack, $600 launch and the cell couldn't stop sales, some bad PR before launch is not. Only thing that did was give Sony the lead and showed MS that they alone cant control the industry and as a whole people don't want Kinect.

You can join the podcast and discuss at any time. We will have out next cast January 8th, 2015.

Well If or when I do come on. You might want to check the 50% more powerful at the door.

I'll give it 20% at this current state of dev kits. I believe in late 2015 after the dev kits for both have matured we will get a better sense of the true power of both systems. 1st run software is no where near a true litmus test of either system. Just look at the PS3 and X1.

This is in no way saying PS4 isn't more powerful. It's just the software is not mature enough to make a 100% call on the true capabilities of these consoles. The devs right now are in uncharted territory.

Gears 1 to Gears 3. Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2-3. Halo 3 to Halo 4. I do hope we see these kind of improvements this gen.

Devs have came out and basically said the X1 SDKs are trash so far. Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 will bring a lot of this to light. With the GPU discrepancies in both systems. The clear winner will be the PS4. IMO The question is by how much? I'm not seeing 50% better graphics in games so far. I'm seeing it in a memory bandwidth scenario though.

I just want to see mature coding by both first parties to make that claim though. People try to make the case between FH2 and Driveclub. The question you have to ask. What would Driveclub look like in an open world and what would FH2 look like on linear closed tracks.

I think we have a ways to go yet. All we have now is Multi-plats / parity / deadlines as a determining factor. I can't trust 3rd party for any sort of truth. Especially this early in the game. They have one job and that is to ship a game on time. It seems like if it's broke or not It has to go out the door. :\ They could give two fucks.

I think this could be an interesting debate to come back to in late 2015.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Seems useless anyway with the lack of the nemesis system.

Still, bad port is bad.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

I feel bad for people who bought it full priced for last gen systems. Sounds like a horrible port

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Just tell yourself that you're Neo and your shit is in slow motion

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Ubisoft must be jelly here. They thought that they could be the cinematic master race but that goes to WB now.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

It's not , it's about 30%, still a fair amount but i am fed up with the BS 50% more powerful, they said it was 50% FASTER which does not equate to 50% more powerful.

We know the Ps4 is significantly more powerful than the Xbone but quit with the BS man.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 delta3074
@freedomfreak said:

Seems useless anyway with the lack of the nemesis system.

Still, bad port is bad.

The nemesis system is there dude just scaled back a little, i have been messing around with manipulating it over the last few days on the 360 version.

whats lacking is the Weather effects and the Graphics look nowhere near as good as the next gen versions and the Texture pop-in is terrible.

Still enjoying it though, it's worth playing through just for the storyline, it really fits in the middle earth universe and it feels lord of the rings.

TBH i think it drops that low in frames on the 360 a few times, especially during some of the cutscenes.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By raugutcon

So, let's suppose that you have PS3 and X360, for which console you guys recommend purchasing this game, 5 FPS more in the X360 makes it more "bearable" ?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#24 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@raugutcon: Neither. This game literally depends on the Nemesis system to be fun.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25  Edited By DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

It's just in super cinematic mode. most immersive version confirmed.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

What utter garbage. Any game running unto 1080p and 60fps is unplayable nonsense.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Why would anyone buy a current gen game for last gen consoles. You already know their greedy publisher asses don't give a damn if it reaches 5 fps. Get a new console or DON'T buy current gen games for last gen.

It's a shit game anyway. AC for Lord Of The Rings some PR 'graduate' came up with a great idea yeah okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

meh, I played skyrim on the ps3. I was getting 10 fpm (frames per minute) when the game wasn't crashing.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

Or Knack on the PS4, which drops as low as 14fps. Most powerful system indeed.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@blackace said:

@Krelian-co said:

Or Knack on the PS4, which drops as low as 14fps. Most powerful system indeed.

Lol, at least deadrising had the excuse of having more people on screen. I think there is like what Knack and an explosion?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Should have gotten it on a gaming PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68

@delta3074 said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

It's not , it's about 30%, still a fair amount but i am fed up with the BS 50% more powerful, they said it was 50% FASTER which does not equate to 50% more powerful.

We know the Ps4 is significantly more powerful than the Xbone but quit with the BS man.

I'll take the word of developers, thx.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

Skyrim 2: the Shadow of Mordor edition

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Too bad this didn't happen at some point when it would have mattered

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By delta3074

@Heil68 said:

@delta3074 said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

w.extremetech.com/gaming/166649-ps4-is-50-faster-than-xbox-one-report-game-developers

Adrian C,former people can fly dev, the dev you lot keep saying said the PS4 was 50% more powerful didn't even say that, he said it was 50% FASTER not more powerful

He tweeted that the Ps4 was 50% faster, not more powerful

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672409

'1. I am not doing a damage control, but I do want to clarify one thing. But first, yes, devs I know -- and as someone has shown it before in this thread, some other devs already talked about it too -- claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games. So there we are, I said it and I stand by it. Notice: WHEN DEVELOPING. It'll become clear in a second.'

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80542977&postcount=399

Don't blame me if you SONY fanboys just read what you wanted to read and completely took his comments out of context,50% Faster does not equate to 50 % more powerful

I didn't just pull what i stated out of my backside Heli, i actually resaerched this.

Do you trust what the developer is saying now?

He did say the Ps4 was more powerful in hist tweets but not by how much, a lot of playstation sites distorted this into 50% more powerful even though there own links linked to his tweets that didn't say that at all.

Go look for yourself if you don't believe me dude

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68

@delta3074 said:

@Heil68 said:

@delta3074 said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

w.extremetech.com/gaming/166649-ps4-is-50-faster-than-xbox-one-report-game-developers

Adrian C,former people can fly dev, the dev you lot keep saying said the PS4 was 50% more powerful didn't even say that, he said it was 50% FASTER not more powerful

'1. I am not doing a damage control, but I do want to clarify one thing. But first, yes, devs I know -- and as someone has shown it before in this thread, some other devs already talked about it too -- claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games. So there we are, I said it and I stand by it. Notice: WHEN DEVELOPING. It'll become clear in a second.'

Don't blame me if you SONY fanboys just read what you wanted to read and completely took his comments out of context,50% Faster does not equate to 50 % more powerful

I didn't just pull what i stated out of my backside Heli, i actually resaerched this.

You seem upset. Dont worry, X1 is still worth to own, it's just 50% less powerful in int he GPU department.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

There's literally no reason to buy SoM on previous gen consoles, not only do you have subpar graphics but the lack of the nemesis system ruins the whole point of the game.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

The power of the cell.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 delta3074

@Heil68 said:

@delta3074 said:

@Heil68 said:

@delta3074 said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

You seem upset. Dont worry, X1 is still worth to own, it's just 50% less powerful in int he GPU department.

So even after i debunked that you are still going to keep saying it?

'it's just 50% less powerful in int he GPU department.'-Does NOT equate to the PS4 being 50% more powerful at all, the GPU in the Xbone is actually Faster than the GPU in the Ps4, a moot point because a console is more than just a GPU.

Do you not get that the developer everyone claimed said it was 50% more powerful didn't actually say it was 50% more powerful?

and i credited you with some intelligence, my mistake.

and this isn't about defending the Xbone, neither console is worth owning in my opinion, the Xbone is worth owning less than the Ps4 quite frankly just fed up with the BS and misinformation on this board.

Saying that, if you want to carry on being a deluded Tool about it then go ahead i suppose just don't expect me to take you even remotely seriously after this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68

@delta3074:

Nothing you say or link will make me stop posting facts, Sorry, PS4 is 50% stronger in the GPU department.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#42 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

You're jelly because teh power of cell processor is unmatched.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

An article about the last gen PS3 and 360, huh?

I hope people are paying attention because some of these comments are talking about Xbone and PS4, lol.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 raugutcon

Okie dokie, I just want to inform to all the people who bought this game for X360 and PS3 that there´s aboslutely not necessary to freak out and go out in stampede to sell your copies, the game is perfectly playable and fun.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 B4X

@Heil68 said:

@delta3074:

Nothing you say or link will make me stop posting facts, Sorry, PS4 is 50% stronger in the GPU department.

I does not matter how fast a single part of a product is. All other parts of the component have to support that speed / power.

One word Jaguar

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#46 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Looks like ass and runs just as well.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

It plays much like an retro game and watch handheld then, awesome !