SFV update info.....still no arcade mode or vs CPU #lolCracpom

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

Oh Capcom, you are quirky as all hell.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Didn't cows hype the shit out of this game?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

No arcade mode and no vs CPU..........WTF..??lol

I believe that the arcade mode and the vs CPU is the standard for all fight games.Now.....how this happen to the SFV.....i have no idea.It sucks.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@AtariKidX: I think I know how this happened... Capcom

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Sony and Capcom make a great team.... But in all seriousness, yikes...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

I'll install it again once they ship the rest of the game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44688 Posts

It's sad how far Capcom has fallen. It's probably just going to get worse for them from here. Next up, everybody's favorite game of Capcom's to hate, Resident Evil 6. Then RE5, then when RE4 and RE2 finally release nobody will care.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18830 Posts

@freedomfreak:

lol, that's why you have to become a patience gamer.

In today's industry, why buy day one?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak  Online

@PSP107: Honestly, because I can. I just buy whatever.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107

@freedomfreak:

We got it like that huh?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak  Online

@PSP107: mmmhm

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PSP107

@freedomfreak:

You should let me shareplay your games =)

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Why do all gamers on message boards bitch when they can't play games by themselves offline? Is "play online" the new "go outside and play" from my day? Back in my day we would have gladly given up arcade mode to be able to play against people online. And playing online costs devs more money to code and maintain. And yet we are paying the same price for the games. Inflation and all.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By freedomfreak  Online

@PSP107: Ain't it only for an hour though, or is that something else?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Damn, Capcom, damn!

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By naughtyottsel

@GoldenElementXL said:

Why do all gamers on message boards bitch when they can't play games by themselves offline? Is "play online" the new "go outside and play" from my day? Back in my day we would have gladly given up arcade mode to be able to play against people online. And playing online costs devs more money to code and maintain. And yet we are paying the same price for the games. Inflation and all.

Know this might be hard to understand but not all of us play fighters just to play against randomers online.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 naughtyottsel

@primorandomguy said:

Sony and Capcom make a great team.... But in all seriousness, yikes...

Nothing to do with Sony lem.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

smh at capcom

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#19 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Game is DOA anyway.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

People want arcade mode? What is this? Survival mode is almost the very same thing anyways.

Anyways the updates they ARE offering are excellent and substantial. Their efforts were far better spent on those.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4586 Posts

Are these modes really missing???? I'm not a big fighting game fan, but this is something you expect out of the box. Personally, when I did play fighters, I didn't like playing arcade mode and only played them when I had friends over so I imagine online would be the focus on these games either way. I do get the gripes from fans who like playing through the story.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@PSP107: Honestly, because I can. I just buy whatever.

And I still catch myself preordering and buying day one. Getting QB day one, hell yeah !

But seriously, getting a game day one has so much going against it:

-Obligatory patching to get it running
-Missing content that gets added at a later date
-Higher price tag
-Feeling screwed when there is a GOTY/Definitive/Complete edition and you barely touched the regular edition.
-Gotta clear that backlog, bro

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

I bought Persona 3 for my PSP today

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Just read this, good to hear that challenge mode is coming, although I wish arcade mode was coming soon also. Looking forward to trying out Alex also.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23729 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

Are these modes really missing???? I'm not a big fighting game fan, but this is something you expect out of the box. Personally, when I did play fighters, I didn't like playing arcade mode and only played them when I had friends over so I imagine online would be the focus on these games either way. I do get the gripes from fans who like playing through the story.

DISCLAIMER: Not shilling for Capcom here, an arcade mode should absolutely be included on day fucking 1. It's been a standard for over two decades now lol.

BUT. Gamers keep blowing this shit way out of proportion.

1. There is survival mode. It might as well be an arcade ladder. It has 4 difficulty settings, easy, normal, hard, and hell. The latter two are pretty fucking tough. The only difference is that it doesn't give you a slide show happy ending like previous SF games, but...

2. Then there is story mode. Gameplay wise it's lame as ****. Each character has an individual story preface that plays out over the course of 3 piss easy fights that are book ended by story segments. It's actually the most amount of story that a SF game has ever had though. Far more than the brief snippet you would get at the end of an arcade run.

3. VS CPU. I imagine Capcom sees this as redundant. It's already in the game lol. The VS mode is now strictly for player vs player. You can play vs CPU in training mode. You can pick any opponents, any stages, you have 9 difficulty settings, and you can set the rules however you wish. Creating a VS CPU mode would just be having the same exact thing under a different tab, with less options.

I find that more than half of the gripes about this game are just due to people not actually knowing what's included. And it's funny, because there are lots of legit issues that people should be bitching up a storm about, but you never hear about those.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23729 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

That's just the thing though, there is offline play, plenty of it lol. More-so than most of the previous Street Fighter games. See post above for details.

I wish people would bitch so vigorously about the real issues with this game like the shitty lobby system and the shitty rage quitter situation for example.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Good challenge mode is what i really wanted good to hear it will be here soon arcade mode is useless only fake fans who never tried the game complain about it since they never tried the new survival mode.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PSP107

@freedomfreak:

I thought it was an hour.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PSP107

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

It wasn't promised for this update (the content of which was largely nailed down before the patch notes hit). I expect an arcade mode is in the works though. Also good to see a proper tutorial.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah

Tell me, man. What games are you getting day one this year ? Which games are worth the risk ^^

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

HAHAHAHAHA Capcom is so broke they can even give the people a real arcade mode or Player vs CPU battles. Seriously at this rate a group of trained monkeys would do a better job running Capcom.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PSP107

@R4gn4r0k:

lol, the last time I bought a game day one was Madden NFL 2005 Collection Edition for $60.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Articuno76

@ConanTheStoner: Survival and Story are not substitutes for arcade as the AI is brain-dead (unlike in training mode) and you don't get multiple rounds.

The latter is important because it throws meter conservation out of the window which alters/simplifies the game. Training mode also doesn't work because, again, it's one round: you either have a CPU set with way too much meter (which adds a huge bias to the CPUs approach) or one that dies before it has any (which is dull). Either way, it's unsatisfying because the opponent either beats you or you beat them before anything meaningful has transpired.

Imagine if training mode was piece-mealed the same way: You have your key display in Story Mode, your CPU replay options in Tutorial Mode and your meter settings in Arcade. It wouldn't work as a stand-in.

It is not acceptable for Capcom to market this game to a mass market and then not cater to that market. This wasn't a budget release. Nor was this a 'for the players' release akin to SF2 HD: Remix or 3rd Strike HD either: It was a loudly trumpeted, full price release that Capcom screamed from the hills to ensure everyone and their dog knew it was coming. So where's the dog food?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

What a terrible Opening Post.

In this update Alex is shown. He's the First DLC character for Street Fighter V.

His V-Skill is called "Overhaul" Alex will do a Stretch Animation where his next Attack if it lands will act as if it was a Hard Attack Counter.

His V-Trigger is called "Rage Shift" It's a Chargable Clothesline Attack that if Fully Charged, can break someone's Guard and Stagger the Opponent, leaving them wide open. While Charging this Attack will Parry Attacks.

His Critical Art is called "Heavy Hammer", I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain this one. It seems like one of his Supers in Third Strike.

Other things that a noted in this update are as follows.

• Challenge Mode - Pretty much solves some of the whining everyone MUST do every time this game is mentioned. It adds 12 Beginner Tutorials, 11 Intermediate Tutorials, 4 Advance Tutorials and 16 Individual Character Tutorials. So Horray! You don't have to look up Youtube to learn how to play Street Fighter now!
  • In Game Shop - This is where you purchase Alex and Costumes
  • Online Rematch Option - You want a Rematch? You want a best of 3 game? NOW WE CAN DO IT! immediately after a match in Ranked you will have the option to do a Rematch for a 2/3 set.
  • Battle Lounge Improvements - You can now have up to 8 people in a Battle Lounge, as well as Spectating a match.
  • Bug Fixes - Sometimes in Casual you won't be rewarded EXP, this will be Fixed. a Rare Bug where you unlocked a Color and upon restarting the Color will be Locked will be fixed in this update.
  • Character Updates -
  • Vega(Claw):a Bug in Vega's V-trigger that causes him to Rise off the Screen will be fixed.
  • Bison(Dictator): Bison will not Go invisible if Interrupted with a CA or V-trigger
  • Rashid: Will no longer float in the air after using his V-Trigger and an Eagle kick misses.
  • ChunLi:Some heavy Changes to her it seems, just go read it yourself it's a lot to cover.
  • Vertical and Back Jump Frames changed from 3f>4f except for Birdie and Zangief. Birdie gets 5 frames and Gief gets no changes.
  • Throw Escape has been Changed as well and like Chunli there's a lot of text there so I'll have you just go read it yourself in the link OP provided.

This is all stuff That could have been provided in the OP, but because System Wars has a HUGE Circle Jerk of Hating on Street Fighter V because of "Muh Precious Arcades!" it went unnoticed.

This is just the March Update people, There's going to be a lot more coming within the next few months and there's already a lot going for it.

EDIT: Oh and the other thing is if you've actually been playing this game since launch all of this is FREE please tell me how this isn't exactly how Nintendo handled Splatoon again?

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Articuno76

@GoldenElementXL: When the servers shut down one day the disc you are left with will only be the contents of its local content (single player and versus). Without single-player content of any substantial order your long-term purchase amounts to either i. a very overpriced game or ii. a rental.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LegatoSkyheart

@Articuno76 said:

@GoldenElementXL: When the servers shut down one day the disc you are left with will only be the contents of its local content (single player and versus). Without single-player content of any substantial order your long-term purchase amounts to either i. a very overpriced game or ii. a rental.

When the Servers Shut Down there's likely going to be a Complete Edition Disc on the Market (ala Mortal Kombat XL or Ultra Street Fighter IV).

I highly doubt this will be a Street Fighter X Tekken or Ultimate Marvel 3 situation (in which case if Servers DO go down you won't have access to all characters).

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Capcom still have 3 more months to go before they complete the game. :P

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I'll probably never play it. I'm over it. It has left a bad taste and I would feel dirty buying it. I hope you hardcore competitive professional online gamers enjoy it though.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LegatoSkyheart

@superbuuman said:

Even then the game won't be complete. There's Plans to release content all the way up to September.

Also implying that after September this game will get MORE updates and future Content, so I'm expecting this game to be more like Killer Instinct than Mortal Kombat at this point.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Still no Xbone 900p version? lol Capcom

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LegatoSkyheart

@Legend002: If this game somehow ends up on the NX before Xbox One then I'm going to assume the sole Reason why Street Fighter V isn't on there is because of Xbox Live and Microsoft's Online Practices.

It's one reason why Final Fantasy XIV didn't show up on the Xbox One despite it's Predecessor FFXI was on Xbox 360.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

How many modes does the Xbox One version has?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

ITT: Corporate slaves.

Just because you aren't going to use x thing, doesn't mean it should be excused that features that were not just a genre standard, but a fucking franchise standard are missing day one, because the game had to be released so Capcom could support their marketing campaign known as Evo.

That said we knew last month that the March update wouldn't put in arcade mode n stuff, that was happening in May?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45497 Posts

what do you mean no vs CPU? there's survival mode and training...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9741 Posts

Has Capcom made a good game other than the MH and SF series in the last 4 years?

First look at Alex in Street Fighter 5 - March update detailed

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@superbuuman said:

Even then the game won't be complete. There's Plans to release content all the way up to September.

Also implying that after September this game will get MORE updates and future Content, so I'm expecting this game to be more like Killer Instinct than Mortal Kombat at this point.

Ah I see...then my wait continues.. :P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LegatoSkyheart

@superbuuman: If you're waiting for a finished product you're likely going to be waiting for like 6-8 years. Street Fighter IV wasn't Ultra when it first came out and half the stuff that is in Ultra wasn't in Super.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44688 Posts

I heard lately Capcom is resetting peoples ranks if they've been disconnecting mid-match to keep their ranked standings up. Frankly I think they should just count all user disconnects as a loss.

Loading Video...