deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

The game is cartoony its not realistic at all. This game will be lucky to break 500k its not a horizon zero dawn or a god of war. Its a pile of trash that will be flopping.

Remember who called it here first ProtossX after this game flops Microsoft will go after Rare and may fire them over this incident of making a poor selling game after all these years.

Sea of Thieves has flop written all over it and I'm an Xbox guy I loved MCC collection and Dead rising 3 this game is not on my radar its not being bought by me I don't even want it for free.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool blog

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Uh huh, sure

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44576 Posts

Some people, if they can't jerk off to it then it is simply not worth getting.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56143 Posts

I think Crackdown 3 has way more chances to flop then Sea of Thieves.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@ProtossRushX: None of us were waiting for you to jump online in it so we don't care.

I have said since I joined the alpha last February that it will not sell massively like the games you mentioned. But it will have It's community and we will have fun. You have a blast with your 15 hour God of TLOU campaign guy. You know what? Play it twice!!!

And you didn't call this a flop first. @Quadknight has been saying it for like a year now lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@davillain- said:

you think that one might get canceled?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

The game is cartoony its not realistic at all. This game will be lucky to break 500k its not a horizon zero dawn or a god of war. Its a pile of trash that will be flopping.

Remember who called it here first ProtossX after this game flops Microsoft will go after Rare and may fire them over this incident of making a poor selling game after all these years.

Sea of Thieves has flop written all over it and I'm an Xbox guy I loved MCC collection and Dead rising 3 this game is not on my radar its not being bought by me I don't even want it for free.

Mario, World of Warcraft, Cuphead, list goes on and on says hi! I am not saying the game will flop or not, but being cartoony is not a knock on a game. Jesus people! When you start a line with this kind of bullshit it really makes it hard to read the rest.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

It's definitely not my kind of game... but I don't think it will "flop". But time will tell.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Sea of Thieves seems way more interesting to me than any of the Sony first party stuff coming out. it actually seems to have some original ideas.

speaking as someone who owns a PS4 and no XBOX (though I do have a PC that i'll play MS first party stuff on)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator

@ProtossRushX said:
@davillain- said:

Anything's possible. MS will be the laughing stock if Crackdown 3 get's scrap. Oh well, nobody ask for it, might as well put it out of it's misery :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

Well isn’t that special.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50569 Posts

Come on System Wars, for once, don't bite.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

So will Crapdown 3.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Holy shit, of actual legitimate criticisms you could have levelled against SoT, your thread comes off like a man-child wrote it... Congratulations.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44576 Posts

Being included in Game Pass will at least help bolster the online community so not worried about lack of players.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

As an owner of both a Xbox One and a PS4, I'm much more interested in playing Sea of Thieves than I am in playing any of Sony's upcoming movie "games" which seems to be the only thing that they like to make nowadays. Sea of Thieves is original and looks like it will be a really fun game to play with friends.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I agree. Sea of thieves is too cartoony and it is made by Rare who have not made a great game in 17 years.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I actually seriously doubt that, since yesterday it has been #1 on Twitch, and both game versions have skyrocketed to the top of the Amazon chart. I decided to finally try the game yesterday after seeing the Closed Beta just appear in my ready to install list.

My expectations were blown away, this is one of the best online experiences I've had in a while, you really do feel like a pirate out at sea and the game has awesome co-op moments. The water graphics are superb, the waves are very realistic and without going into much detail, one of the most thrilling moments I had playing it was me and 3 other people navigating the waters in a heavy storm. Everyone was shouting and giving orders, I tried to tell the others to repair the holes in the bottom while I took out water buckets, but while we were busy doing that, we saw a huge ship come in (other online players) and start firing at us. I had the idea to drop anchor right there, and it worked because the other ship kept sailing away from the heavy currents going up and down....and we eventually managed to dock at an island and relax a little, repair.

Lot of cool moments like that, and while the game needs more polish overall in some areas, and it needs content and a nice progression and mission structure, the core mechanics were solid. I played it for several hours straight and it was one of the most memorable gaming experiences I have had, no exaggeration. Maybe the honeymoon phase and like I said there are other things we have not yet seen, it's just a beta, but I'm very stoked for it now, there is no other game like it out there, and they did a great job overall imo with all the stuff you would expect to be able to do as a Pirate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Never realized that games that are "cartoony" are known as a "pile of trash".

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Well it is about Xbox. I'm convinced that cows PM each other to decide who's job it is to make the next stupid Xbox thread.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

BOTW was cartoony and wasn't realistic, so your opinion is flawed at best.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69569 Posts

@Chutebox said:

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Chutebox said:

Well it is about Xbox. I'm convinced that cows PM each other to decide who's job it is to make the next stupid Xbox thread.

They're probably all the same person... Quacknight?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Reddit is shitting on it hard lol. Unfortunately I don’t think this one will be the winner xbone needs.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

To TC. You are beyond lost in console wars to even like playing good games. why would you root for people in a profession you appreciate as a hobby to fail? Lose their jobs etc?

A real enthusiast would root for them all, and call BS when it's deserved but never for someone to fail, regardless of preference. Ok, Beaver go to your room.

Not your thing?...that my friend is a YOU Problem. No one asked you, and doubt you were invited to the Beta which is actually pretty cool so far.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Chutebox said:

QUick question, what do you think Sea of thieves will turn out score wise? But I bet you won't even answer, because you know deep down inside its going to flop :(

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59022 Posts

It looks like one of those out of nowhere games on Steam that quickly blows up.

Except it's on Xbox/nobody-cares. and won't blow up.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

I think this would be another case of what happened to Pokemon Go. Really big hype when released then that hype will die down after 2-3 months.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hate the look of the game it doesn't interest me at all but that doesn't mean its going to fail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

You just know if this had been a PS exclusive Sony fans would be rock fucking hard for it. But i guess slagging off what you can’t play make it easier.

Then again i forgot that all PS fans have high end PC’s so could play on that i guess.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Firstly, can’t judge a game by its art style. Some of the best games out there have a colorful cartoonish look for their visuals instead of a realistic look. Secondly, it does look fun and people seem to be really enjoying it.

Now question for those that played it, do you need a group of friends to play or can you join up with randoms or play solo?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44100 Posts

:P

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11798 Posts

Really cartoony visuals? What a crap argument especially when Breath Of The Wild was one of the best selling and the most highly praised game of 2017. This is like lems saying a game is niche/weeby just because it has anime art style.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@sirk1264: There is a solo mode where your boat is much smaller. I have not tried that yet, it says it is for advanced players, presumably because it would be considered a lot tougher to be out there on your own.

A lot of the game mechanics are built around co-op play though, for example when you want to bring up the Anchor, you can do it on your own, but if another player comes and starts pushing with you, it brings up the anchor much faster. Or if your boat is sinking, you may need 1 person on the lower deck taking out buckets of water and repairing the holes, while other people are piloting the ship and trying to avoid an enemy attack, etc

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@davillain- said:

Ignoring the boring attempt at a thread, lets quit pretending like microsoft cancels tons of games. Scalebound was almost purely the fault of platinum, and no one would be making that joke if not for that game.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Tell that to Amazon.com both the disk and download versions are currently sold out.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17434 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

I'm an Xbox guy

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Mario, World of Warcraft, Cuphead, list goes on and on says hi! I am not saying the game will flop or not, but being cartoony is not a knock on a game. Jesus people! When you start a line with this kind of bullshit it really makes it hard to read the rest.

Not to mention the "cartoony" overwatch curb stomped the "ultra-realistic, super edgy, mature gore-fest" lawbreakers.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Microsoft will see the number they want playing it, thanks to there new deal with gamepass having all new titles added permanently from day one. That'll be good enough for them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice

@spike6958:

Yep, I'll be doing the Game Pass thingy. :D

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bread_or_Decide

@SecretPolice said:

@spike6958:

This game is going to be huge. I didn't expect such a strong reaction to the beta.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@SecretPolice said:

@spike6958:

This game is going to be huge. I didn't expect such a strong reaction to the beta.

Yeah man, a few people I know including my son have been playing it for months and loving it. My only wish is a SP Campaign. Doubt it but I hope some kind of DLC in the future may offer that.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Xabiss said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Not to mention the "cartoony" overwatch curb stomped the "ultra-realistic, super edgy, mature gore-fest" lawbreakers.

Has to be the dumbest damn point I have seen anyone try to make on a game as being a negative. I mean cartoony means a game should flop now. ROFLMAO!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@ProtossRushX said:

The game is cartoony its not realistic at all.

I'm an Xbox guy

I have no love for Xbox One console, but this is lol

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bread_or_Decide

@bush_dog said:

I think this would be another case of what happened to Pokemon Go. Really big hype when released then that hype will die down after 2-3 months.

The biggest hype lasted well over six months. And the game still brings Nintendo major cash. Every game can only hope to "fail" as successfully as Pokemon Go.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

I cant take the opinion of someone who "Loved" dead rising 3 game is a fetch quest pile of crap

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@boycie said:

You just know if this had been a PS exclusive Sony fans would be rock fucking hard for it. But i guess slagging off what you can’t play make it easier.

Then again i forgot that all PS fans have high end PC’s so could play on that i guess.

I doubt it, the game looks mediocre.

The only reason I have any interest in it is because I love pirates. When I show my PS4 only buddies this game they always laugh and ask if it's an indie game. It looks pretty bad for a game getting the level of hype it's getting. I think it's the other way around, Xbone fans are hyping the shit out of this game because they have nothing else on the horizon.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#49  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14417 Posts

Amazing thread. Stupidity has no limits it seems.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Personally, I don't see cartoony as a negative.