Rumor: New XBOX @ EA

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

to all the people saying i only bought one this year so it shouldn't come out, though s*** you should have bought one at launch if you wanted a long investment technology moves on get over it, 360 released in 2006 thats 5 nearly 6 years ffs gens dont and shouldn't last this long it stagnates gaming as a whole

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Why would it not make sense this early? Granted i doubt that even if they do have some units at EA (which they dont apparently), they would not announce the consoles at E3 this year, but they could announce it at another gaming event later in the year. That being said, its about time to release a new consoles, its already been 6 years since the release of the XBOX, and frankly its time to update the system, I mean using a piece of tech that is merely $400 for 6 years is well just unheard of (except in the console industry). Its a good thing Nintendo is going to come out with a new consoles, granted they had given that the tech in their console was over 10 years old and the system lacked 3rd party because of its old tech. jonathant5
Why it would not make sense:

"A record number of Xbox 360 console sales -- along with the rapid-selling Kinect -- helped to fuel record revenue results for Microsoft, which saw a 13% increase year-on-year for the first three months of 2011. Company-wide revenue was reported at $16.43 billion, with the Entertainment & Devices Division -- which includes the Xbox family, the Microsoft Game Studios publishing subsidiary, and the Windows Phone line -- contributing $1.94 billion of that figure, up 60 percent from the $1.21 billion it brought in during the same period one year prior.

In all, 2.7 million Xbox 360 units were sold, up from 1.5 million in the same period last year, representing a new quarterly record for the nearly five and a half-year-old console. The Kinect add-on -- which debuted November 4 -- sold 2.4 million during the quarter, putting it well over 10 million sold life-to-date. Revenue for the entire Xbox 360 platform was up $712 million (69 percent)." [link]

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

Crap, I just built a new computer...

EDIT: Oh, it's fake. Thank God.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

[QUOTE="kuu2"]

I hope not. I won't be buying a new console for quite sometime after shelling out $200 on Kinect. Msoft better be careful that they don't piss off loyal customers to the brand like myself.

racing1750

Have MS even released any interesting games since Kinects launch? I've not heard about any games that would be worth mentioning. I hope for your sake that they release something soon.

Kinect is for my kids not me.