RUMOR! New Xbox 360 Elite Bundles Up With Halo 3 & Fable II

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="bingbaocao"]Fable 2 alone makes it one hell of a bundlemitu123
Is that game any good, the 1st one wasn't that great IMO.

Then don't waste your time. I can't see anyone who didn't like the first liking the second.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#52 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="bingbaocao"]Fable 2 alone makes it one hell of a bundlecainetao11

Then don't waste your time. I can't see anyone who didn't like the first liking the second.

Sequels can change, look at Killzone.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Excellent deal.....for those that don't have a 360, never played Halo3 or Fable II.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="bingbaocao"]Fable 2 alone makes it one hell of a bundlemitu123

It's worse than the first one which is one of my favorite games of all time.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
If this is true then it looks like ill finally buy the 360
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#56 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

if only the games in the bundle were good i would have consider

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

That would be a crazy deal, tons better than that crappy Kungfu Panda/Lego deal.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Damn you MS!

That makes me want a Xbox 360 even more...

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

Pretty good deal, if true.

BioShockOwnz

genius deal actually

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Idc what system you root for, this is indeed a fabulous deal. I may look into it

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

If true, that's a great deal for those who still don't have a 360, especially when Halo 3 ODST is around the corner. Plus Fable 2, 120 gb hard drive, hdmi cable, component cable, a month of live gold, and a black headset, and a 3 year warranty, now that's a deal.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"] I may end up buying this. Great deal. I'll just sell Halo and Fable 2. I already own them. But i need a new 360.TREAL_Since
I don't know man the $ on that deal isn't very good.. Wouldn't it be better to just pay $100 or whatever it is to get it fixed

Wait... I just realized it says "Elite" model :lol:. I was thinking arcade SKU. Oh well... If MS doesn't fix my 1 RROD for free may an arcade anyways.

that makes no sense, your gonna buy a new 360 because it has 2 pack in games because Microsoft wont fix your 1 red light error for free? so your unwilling to pay at most 50 dollars if you complain about having pay to have it fixed....kay...

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Finally, a bundle that isn't with 2 crap games I don't want. :|
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

your kidding...

what if you already have the games and you wanna update to a elite?:|

mlbslugger86

But by that logic, there would never be a bundle with games, because people might have them already

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
If I didn't already have a 360 and Halo3/Fable 2 I would definately pick this up.
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66 dthach614
Member since 2008 • 804 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="bingbaocao"] think of the game as an action adventure game and you will love it. think of it as an RPG and you will be disapointedbingbaocao
Hey, I might use your suggestions, thanks man, that's the problem I had with the 1st Fable, I thought it was an RPG even though it lasted around 10 hours and was way too easy, I don't remember dying in that game.

i got pretty bored with the first fable. But i really enjoyed Fable 2, yahhtzee said that "sure you could pluck your wife full of holes, have all the babies you want and kill everyone in your town, but what's the point?" and my answer is: for poops and giggles. When you kill everyone in your path in an RPG you usually get some sort reward or punishment based on your actions, but not on fable 2 and that's what makes the game so much fun. Now don't get me wrong, i love WRPGS, but some times doing stuff just for heck of it is just plain fun, i highly recomend the game.... just don't think of it as an RPG

fable 2 is trash no matter what genre you place it in
bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 bingbaocao
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Hey, I might use your suggestions, thanks man, that's the problem I had with the 1st Fable, I thought it was an RPG even though it lasted around 10 hours and was way too easy, I don't remember dying in that game.dthach614
i got pretty bored with the first fable. But i really enjoyed Fable 2, yahhtzee said that "sure you could pluck your wife full of holes, have all the babies you want and kill everyone in your town, but what's the point?" and my answer is: for poops and giggles. When you kill everyone in your path in an RPG you usually get some sort reward or punishment based on your actions, but not on fable 2 and that's what makes the game so much fun. Now don't get me wrong, i love WRPGS, but some times doing stuff just for heck of it is just plain fun, i highly recomend the game.... just don't think of it as an RPG

thank you for your opinion

dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dthach614

[QUOTE="AlexSays"]This might actually sway me into giving the 360 another look. Sony, lower the price or I go the other way. :xgmc2u_64

I'm glad to here you concidering a Xbox-360 Elite Bundle (if they have these two great games) :D.

Fable 2 (in my opinion) is the Xbox-360's Zelda (aka. Their BEST Action/Adventure game (like the Zelda games)). If you were to rush through the game (it's main quest), it would take you 8-10 hours. However, if you were to soak in all of the details (like setting up a Economic empire and finding all of the Demon doors), the game would take you a while.

Halo 3 is my second favorite Halo game (my favorite being Halo:CE). The game has a good single player campaign and a good multiplayer mode. So you might enjoy this if you're into shooters.

Other games I recomend for you are:Bioshock, Fallout 3, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie (on Xbox-live-arcade, Viva Pinata, and Call of Duty 4 (there are other good game that you might enjoy).

no setting up the economic empire is quick and easy. demon doors? puhlease. every game out there has there treasure hunt side quest. and fable 2's is not that better. be serious now. fable 2 is trash and its short no matter how slow you try to play it.
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dthach614

[QUOTE="dthach614"][QUOTE="bingbaocao"] i got pretty bored with the first fable. But i really enjoyed Fable 2, yahhtzee said that "sure you could pluck your wife full of holes, have all the babies you want and kill everyone in your town, but what's the point?" and my answer is: for poops and giggles. When you kill everyone in your path in an RPG you usually get some sort reward or punishment based on your actions, but not on fable 2 and that's what makes the game so much fun. Now don't get me wrong, i love WRPGS, but some times doing stuff just for heck of it is just plain fun, i highly recomend the game.... just don't think of it as an RPGbingbaocao

yeah cause making virtual babies is so much fun. and killing the whole town is so much fun. and so much different than killing the normal enemies. and all the jobs is so much different from each other. the fact that you can't say its good rpg should raise a red flag
bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bingbaocao
[QUOTE="dthach614"][QUOTE="bingbaocao"]

fable 2 is trash no matter what genre you place it indthach614

yeah cause making virtual babies is so much fun. and killing the whole town is so much fun. and so much different than killing the normal enemies. and all the jobs is so much different from each other. the fact that you can't say its good rpg should raise a red flag

The concept of fun differs from person to person. I think that the game is a great action adventure game and a poor RPG, the same can be said for Zelda, does that make the legend of zelda a poor game? hardly
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 dthach614

bingbaocao

The concept of fun differs from person to person. I think that the game is a great action adventure game and a poor RPG, the same can be said for Zelda, does that make the legend of zelda a poor game? hardly

you're reaching. fable 2 is a piss poor action adventure game too. like i said, fable 2 is trash no matter what genre you put it in. lets see. terrible combat, no puzzles, terrible boss, terrible story, terrible cut scenes, interacting through expression, annoying characters, over hype features coughthedifferentjobscough, and a short main quest. did i miss anything. oh yeah boring side quests.

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 bingbaocao

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"][QUOTE="dthach614"] yeah cause making virtual babies is so much fun. and killing the whole town is so much fun. and so much different than killing the normal enemies. and all the jobs is so much different from each other. the fact that you can't say its good rpg should raise a red flagdthach614

you're reaching. fable 2 is a piss poor action adventure game too. like i said, fable 2 is trash no matter what genre you put it in. lets see. terrible combat, no puzzles, terrible boss, terrible story, terrible cut scenes, interacting through expression, annoying characters, over hype features coughthedifferentjobscough, and a short main quest. did i miss anything. oh yeah boring side quests.

repeating yourself and stating your opinion is hardly a compelling argument.

If you didn't like the game then sell it, many people liked it, the critics seemed to like it and most importantly Ilike itand that's all i care about

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

your kidding...

what if you already have the games and you wanna update to a elite?:|

mlbslugger86
buy it, trade the games in, they won't cost any more than what you where going to pay to upgrade to one anyway
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dthach614

[QUOTE="dthach614"]

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"] The concept of fun differs from person to person. I think that the game is a great action adventure game and a poor RPG, the same can be said for Zelda, does that make the legend of zelda a poor game? hardlybingbaocao

If you didn't like the game then sell it, many people liked it, the critics seemed to like it and most importantly Ilike itand that's all i care about

stating problems with fable 2 is a compelling argument. i did sell it after i beat it. which took only a week. many people dislike fable 2. a lot critics seem to think its mediocre. and i dont care if you like it.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 delta3074

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"][QUOTE="dthach614"] yeah cause making virtual babies is so much fun. and killing the whole town is so much fun. and so much different than killing the normal enemies. and all the jobs is so much different from each other. the fact that you can't say its good rpg should raise a red flagdthach614

you have not played fable 2 have you? give us your GT so i can check
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dthach614
[QUOTE="dthach614"]

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"] The concept of fun differs from person to person. I think that the game is a great action adventure game and a poor RPG, the same can be said for Zelda, does that make the legend of zelda a poor game? hardlydelta3074

you have not played fable 2 have you? give us your GT so i can check

gt - yg detach. check the achievements too.
bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 bingbaocao

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"]

[QUOTE="dthach614"] you're reaching. fable 2 is a piss poor action adventure game too. like i said, fable 2 is trash no matter what genre you put it in. lets see. terrible combat, no puzzles, terrible boss, terrible story, terrible cut scenes, interacting through expression, annoying characters, over hype features coughthedifferentjobscough, and a short main quest. did i miss anything. oh yeah boring side quests.

dthach614

stating problems with fable 2 is a compelling argument. i did sell it after i beat it. which took only a week. many people dislike fable 2. a lot critics seem to think its mediocre. and i dont care if you like it.

From my experience most people who played the game, liked it.

Saying that a "a lot of critics" thought it was mediocre is quite the overstatment, seeing as how the game has an average score of 89% on metacritic.

And if you don't care about other people's opinions then why should anyone reading this care about yours?

dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dthach614

bingbaocao

Saying that a "a lot of critics" thought it was mediocre is quite the overstatment, seeing as how the game has an average score of 89% on metacritic.

And if you don't care about other people's opinions then why should anyone reading this care about yours?

89% dont impress me the least bit. maybe i just have higher standards.
bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 bingbaocao

stating problems with fable 2 is a compelling argument. i did sell it after i beat it. which took only a week. many people dislike fable 2. a lot critics seem to think its mediocre. and i dont care if you like it.dthach614

so you only play games with a 90% average and up?
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dthach614

bingbaocao

i try to

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I'm sure you 2 can at least agree that Fable2 is better than Kung Fu Panda.

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 bingbaocao

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"][QUOTE="dthach614"] 89% dont impress me the least bit. maybe i just have higher standards.dthach614

i try to

well... i fell sorry for you then
bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 bingbaocao

I'm sure you 2 can at least agree that Fable2 is better than Kung Fu Panda.

Gxgear
i wouldn't know, i never played Kung Fu Panda
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 dthach614

i just check my achievements. i really did beat fable 2 in only a week. lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 delta3074
[QUOTE="dthach614"] gt - yg detach. check the achievements too.

just wanted to check before i start agreeing with you, compared to fable , fable 2 WAS trash, less locations, dodgy combat system boring jobs which would have been more at home on the wii or some 'push correct button at correct time' dancing game,crap repetitive side quests, the main quest was shorter than fable , the stupid dog took the 'hunt' out of treasure hunting and in general it was completely lacking in the sheer charm that made fable the awesome game that it was.
dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dthach614

[QUOTE="dthach614"]

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"] so you only play games with a 90% average and up?bingbaocao

i try to

dont be. i don't like to waste my money on mediocre games.

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 bingbaocao

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"][QUOTE="dthach614"] i try to

dthach614

dont be. i don't like to waste my money on bad games.

A high average is hardly a clear indicator of a game's quality.

gmc2u_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 gmc2u_64
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

[QUOTE="gmc2u_64"]

[QUOTE="AlexSays"]This might actually sway me into giving the 360 another look. Sony, lower the price or I go the other way. :xdthach614

I'm glad to here you concidering a Xbox-360 Elite Bundle (if they have these two great games) :D.

Fable 2 (in my opinion) is the Xbox-360's Zelda (aka. Their BEST Action/Adventure game (like the Zelda games)). If you were to rush through the game (it's main quest), it would take you 8-10 hours. However, if you were to soak in all of the details (like setting up a Economic empire and finding all of the Demon doors), the game would take you a while.

Halo 3 is my second favorite Halo game (my favorite being Halo:CE). The game has a good single player campaign and a good multiplayer mode. So you might enjoy this if you're into shooters.

Other games I recomend for you are:Bioshock, Fallout 3, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie (on Xbox-live-arcade, Viva Pinata, and Call of Duty 4 (there are other good game that you might enjoy).

no setting up the economic empire is quick and easy. demon doors? puhlease. every game out there has there treasure hunt side quest. and fable 2's is not that better. be serious now. fable 2 is trash and its short no matter how slow you try to play it.

I respectfully disagree. I'm just trying to describe a game I like to AlexSays in order to see if my description intrigues him. That's no problem, is it?

dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dthach614

[QUOTE="dthach614"][QUOTE="gmc2u_64"]I'm glad to here you concidering a Xbox-360 Elite Bundle (if they have these two great games) :D.

gmc2u_64

I respectfully disagree. I'm just trying to describe a game I like to AlexSays in order to see if my description intrigues him. That's no problem, is it?

setting up the economic empire is not easy and quick? lol
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"]

[QUOTE="dthach614"] you're reaching. fable 2 is a piss poor action adventure game too. like i said, fable 2 is trash no matter what genre you put it in. lets see. terrible combat, no puzzles, terrible boss, terrible story, terrible cut scenes, interacting through expression, annoying characters, over hype features coughthedifferentjobscough, and a short main quest. did i miss anything. oh yeah boring side quests.

dthach614

Well, most critics think Fable 2 is one of the best games ever created

It has been nominated GOTY in 4 sites and won various big awards

So, why do you think a few people that do not like it matter more than the 99% of people that loves it ?

dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dthach614

obamanian

Well, most critics think Fable 2 is one of the best games ever created

It has been nominated GOTY in 4 sites and won various big awards

So, why do you think a few people that do not like it matter more than the 99% of people that loves it ?

links and quotes plz. and i believe it was only nominated for xbox 360 game of the year. and please state what was so great about fable 2 instead of using reviews as an arguement

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 njean777

Fable 2 was meh IMO. The game was not complete and they should have waited to release it. Way to many glitches, a lot of slowdown, loading times were very annoying. NO ARMOR WTF is this??????????

The game was over rated imo.

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

Great deal/idea, but I ain't getting a 360. :|

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bingbaocao
[QUOTE="njean777"]

Fable 2 was meh IMO. The game was not complete and they should have waited to release it. Way to many glitches, a lot of slowdown, loading times were very annoying. NO ARMOR WTF is this??????????

the reason as to why there is no armour is because in fable 1 everyone wore the same armour, this way you get more freedom in personalizing your character
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 njean777

[QUOTE="njean777"]

bingbaocao

the reason as to why there is no armour is because in fable 1 everyone wore the same armour, this way you get more freedom in personalizing your character

I guess i can live with no armor but the other problems i mentioned i can not live with.

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 bingbaocao

[QUOTE="bingbaocao"][QUOTE="njean777"]

njean777

I guess i can live with no armor but the other problems i mentioned i can not live with.

did you try installing the game? i found out that it cuts the load times

but yeah, the game had a lot of problems. Strangely enough it's my favourite 360 game

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Why in hell do they pack a 2years game inside? RE5+Fable 2 would be much smarter.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Why in hell do they pack a 2years game inside? RE5+Fable 2 would be much smarter.Syferonik
Halos a big seller I guess for new people thats what they look for but I haven't gotten my elite yet and dont have either game ATM any one in this thread know if this is actually coming true/ I have a 360 but have been planning to get the elite due to bigger storage, anyone here who owns one how ate the elites?

muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#99 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

:PThis might be true, but at the gain of Halo and Fable, the loss of the hard drive!:P

MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

Why in hell do they pack a 2years game inside? RE5+Fable 2 would be much smarter.Syferonik

1. They already have a RE5 bundle

2. Halo 3 is still a system seller