lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@briguyb13 isn't taking criticism all that well, lol. You went from 0-100 real quick. Good job, bud.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#53 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17838 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@BassMan said:
@briguyb13 said:
@BassMan said:
@briguyb13 said:

Well if they can't get the game running on Xbox One X then I don't have a lot of faith in them as developers. I wouldn't even trust them to have the game running properly on next gen systems and just avoid buying and playing the game altogether.

First, you don't realize that the base and premium models of the consoles share the same shit Jaguar CPU which bottlenecks games. Then you wouldn't trust them to get it running properly on the next-gen consoles which have vastly superior CPUs and would make it much easier for the developers. All this after they got The Witcher 3 running on the Switch (which is shit, but is beside the point). Seriously, educate yourself. CDPR are some of the best developers.

Go **** yourself with that leet bullshit you shit poster. Nobody gives a crap about that cowardly bravado while hiding behind a computer screen.

Sounds like...

Sounds like you're a pusscake who over-compensates his shortcomings by pretending to be superior on the internet with random strangers.

I am telling it like it is and we are posting on System Wars. Get a clue.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@briguyb13 isn't taking criticism all that well, lol. You went from 0-100 real quick. Good job, bud.

Being disrespected is part of the norm around here? Is it System Wars or poster wars? If I'm disrespected I'm going to respond accordingly, if a piece of plastic is attacked then I couldn't really give a darn.

Out on the street if someone disrespects you then they are subjected to your mercy, but on here they get a free pass because they are hidden away in obscurity. So yeah I probably over reacted, but it's pretty pathetic to attack someone personally over a damn toy, and I'm wondering what would be the appropriate response? If they go after me personally, do I verbally attack their family? You tell me.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@briguyb13: I think the X1X should be fine. Of course I have no idea what the issue actually is, but if it's as I suspected then at least the 1x had a sizeable CPU upgrade in throughput.

As for the personal attack stuff, you're absolutely right: it's SW not fanwars. Please flag stuff if there's a violation, and on thebsame note please don't unload on people who frustrate you - that's just putting yourself in hot water

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56242 Posts

@briguyb13: The first rule of SW is to not take it too seriously, if you are strong enough.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@phbz said:

@briguyb13: CPUs are basically the same across all 4 models, it won't make a huge difference.

Here a take from an actual developer.

Yes is call damage control.

Considering the xbox and even PS4 have games with lower than low settings and still have serious frame problems i would not be surprise.

In this case the other 2 consoles are causing problems,and they basically ADMIT to having problems with performance,and not all damn games are a mess until close to release,something tell me this game will perform like shit in current gen consoles.

@xhawk27 said:

Yeah like the POS4 is really more powerful than the Xbox S. LOL

They should release the Xbox One X version because it can run it no problem.

It is 40% more powerful it has been documented all the damn Generation were have you been.

At this point you are basically at Trump level of denial.

@BassMan said:

Sounds like...

I am not siding with him,but the witcher receive 800 patches on this gen consoles to adress shitty performance well after release,and even on PC the game was considerable downgraded from the first footage of the game it was greatly downgraded i remember.

Like i say even the Gameboy ran Mortal Kombat but was it mortal kombat really or desirable?

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

No crap. The base consoles obviously couldn't run this.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I mean, really. Can you imagine this thing running on an OG Xbox One? "B-b-b-b-but IT'LL SCALE!".

@fedor said:

Just delay the console release and put it out on PC.

That would be so awesome for the reverse to happen for a change. 🤣

right? its not like anyone with a capable PC will be getting this thing on console anyways

Yeah hallelujah. We can gloat over our "TIMED EXCLOOOOSIVE" too.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Consoles where not even powerful enough to run witcher 3 which had to be downgraded.

So yea there's that.

These CDR clowns should just have released it for PC first and then port it towards consoles and just state how things are. Game is to hard to run for current gen consoles.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11624 Posts

@thatdbfan: Considering the mid gen refresh consoles use the same CPU as the base ones, they can't either.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@briguyb13: I think the X1X should be fine. Of course I have no idea what the issue actually is, but if it's as I suspected then at least the 1x had a sizeable CPU upgrade in throughput.

As for the personal attack stuff, you're absolutely right: it's SW not fanwars. Please flag stuff if there's a violation, and on thebsame note please don't unload on people who frustrate you - that's just putting yourself in hot water

Gotcha. I perused the ToS an SW guide thread, and I didn't think personal attacks were allowed. I think that's what got me off guard a bit. From now on I'll just flag and ignore personal attacks.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@briguyb13: thanks. that's the way to go - they aren't allowed, but people do it all the time and there's only a handful of us cruising around so its easy for users to get frustrated or think it's the norm; it's really not supposed to be and the flagging helps us keep track when our day jobs let up

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

*sigh*

I would love for games to come out for my console-playing brethren, but at the same time I don't like consoles holding back developers from their true potential.

The double edged sword of accessibility and creative vision.

Indeed. And I don't feel entitled enough to ask for what would equate to essentially two product's worth of work (a "current gen" version and a PC and "next gen" version...which is actually more like 2.5 product's worth of work).

They always could have gone the Red Dead Redemption 2 route, except release on PC first then port to console *shrug*.

I'm not a developer nor a businessman, however, so wtf do I know lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#65 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@tormentos: So you're saying God of War director is doing damage control for Cyberpunk? That's an odd take.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Sounds to me that CD Project had severe scope creep and didn't plan accordingly. Considering the game was revealed before this gen started, they don't have much of an excuse.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20132 Posts

@Telekill said:

Sounds to me that CD Project had severe scope creep and didn't plan accordingly. Considering the game was revealed before this gen started, they don't have much of an excuse.

It got announced in 2013 but development didn't start until 2015. 5 years is a lot, but the game seems to be very ambitious.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#68 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69872 Posts

Wow! The silliness in this thread is astronomical on all sides. Assuming the rumors are true. If they are running into performance problems its because their target system was not current gen consoles but most likely PC. They apparently waited late in production to verify performance stability on consoles. So, the claim of the game being held back or downgraded because of consoles would be false. The game is made and would be downgraded to work on consoles. Just like any PC targeted game is ported to consoles. Now uneducated PC gamers would blame consoles because the game didn't live up to their pipedream version of the game. I can't wait to read the tripe later this year.

And its equally funny that the shift went to the Xbox One when the PS4 shares the same problem and has the largest console base. Now the number of units sold no longer matters.🤣 You people are a trip.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

Wow! The silliness in this thread is astronomical on all sides. Assuming the rumors are true. If they are running into performance problems its because their target system was not current gen consoles but most likely PC. They apparently waited late in production to verify performance stability on consoles. So, the claim of the game being held back or downgraded because of consoles would be false. The game is made and would be downgraded to work on consoles. Just like any PC targeted game is ported to consoles. Now uneducated PC gamers would blame consoles because the game didn't live up to their pipedream version of the game. I can't wait to read the tripe later this year.

And its equally funny that the shift went to the Xbox One when the PS4 shares the same problem and has the largest console base. Now the number of units sold no longer matters.🤣 You people are a trip.

"If they are running into performance problems its because their target system was not current gen consoles but most likely PC"

No that's not true.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-look-amazing-even-consoles/

A lot of people, after seeing last year's debut gameplay demo and the hardware it was running on, have become a bit wary of how Cyberpunk 2077 could look and run on consoles and low-end PCs. Is that a challenge in terms of optimization for lower-end hardware?

Actually no, we have a very custom engine, the RED Engine. And actually, we're targeting consoles as first class platforms and it looks amazing there. So obviously, if you spent, you know, $2,000 building your PC rig, it's going to look better on that. But the graphics are quite amazing for what you're going to get from Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles and low-end PCs.

They're doing bottom-up development. Targeting the consoles and scaling up to PCs. There are a number of possibilities for why they're having performance issues. They could have had some scope creep and decided to add things that the consoles can't handle, or they had it working nicely without all the extra bells and whistles they were supposed to include and it had unforeseen performance penalties.

The leaker also made it clear that the platform struggling the most was the Xbox One. We haven't seen any downgrades yet and would probably have to wait for E3 or release to make sure nothing was changed for PC, but the thing PC gamers are upset about is that the console performance issue is preventing them from releasing the game. Had it been a PC exclusive, or if they time the exclusivity of the PC version, they'd have the game in April instead of September.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

"If they are running into performance problems its because their target system was not current gen consoles but most likely PC"

No that's not true.

A lot of people, after seeing last year's debut gameplay demo and the hardware it was running on, have become a bit wary of how Cyberpunk 2077 could look and run on consoles and low-end PCs. Is that a challenge in terms of optimization for lower-end hardware?

Actually no, we have a very custom engine, the RED Engine. And actually, we're targeting consoles as first class platforms and it looks amazing there. So obviously, if you spent, you know, $2,000 building your PC rig, it's going to look better on that. But the graphics are quite amazing for what you're going to get from Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles and low-end PCs.

They're doing bottom-up development. Targeting the consoles and scaling up to PCs. There are a number of possibilities for why they're having performance issues. They could have had some scope creep and decided to add things that the consoles can't handle, or they had it working nicely without all the extra bells and whistles they were supposed to include and it had unforeseen performance penalties.

The leaker also made it clear that the platform struggling the most was the Xbox One. We haven't seen any downgrades yet and would probably have to wait for E3 or release to make sure nothing was changed for PC, but the thing PC gamers are upset about is that the console performance issue is preventing them from releasing the game. Had it been a PC exclusive, or if they time the exclusivity of the PC version, they'd have the game in April instead of September.

I am telling you from experience, that if they are running into performance issues now like the rumor is claiming, their claim of consoles being first class citizens is a lie. Their first gameplay footage was running natively in 4K.

Also PC gamers can bitch all they want, money talks thus the reason consoles are relevant. The majority of PC gamers don't play graphically demanding games anyway. So, I really don't care what the loud minority says. They have become just noise in the background for most if not all developers.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

No S***... Base consoles are beaten by a 2 core 4 thread i3 from 2013 and a 750 Ti OC.

I think that only applies to the Xbox One. the PS4 is closer to a GTX 950, which is still an entry level GPU. Judging by the rumors that are currently popular, it sounds like the next-gen consoles will likely run like today's mid-range GPUs

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11624 Posts

@flashn00b: There has been tons of DF videos over the years showing the 750ti matching the base PS4.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

@fedor said:

@flashn00b: There has been tons of DF videos over the years showing the 750ti matching the base PS4.

That's news to me. I recall that they switched over to the 950 when the crappier version of Star Wars Battlefront 2 was new.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I thought they were "basically super computers"?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

@pelvist said:

I thought they were "basically super computers"?

Obviously they are not. The PS3 is the super computer. :P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

No that's not true.

I am telling you from experience, that if they are running into performance issues now like the rumor is claiming, their claim of consoles being first class citizens is a lie. Their first gameplay footage was running natively in 4K.

Also PC gamers can bitch all they want, money talks thus the reason consoles are relevant. The majority of PC gamers don't play graphically demanding games anyway. So, I really don't care what the loud minority says. They have become just noise in the background for most if not all developers.

But that demo was running on an Xbox. And being that it was in 4K, it was definitely running on the X. Knowing this, I don't think they are just now running into performance issues. They had a deadline to sort the known issues out and they couldn't meet it. I think their main issues are coming from the base consoles with Xbox One performing the worst.

Your second paragraph is exactly why devs choose consoles as the target platform. That's where the bigger base is and they know PC will be able to scale the game to whatever levels. So they build the game to run on consoles. Not every developer will do it this way but it is a common practice. One that really triggers PC fanboys.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

But that demo was running on an Xbox. And being that it was in 4K, it was definitely running on the X. Knowing this, I don't think they are just now running into performance issues. They had a deadline to sort the known issues out and they couldn't meet it. I think their main issues are coming from the base consoles with Xbox One performing the worst.

Your second paragraph is exactly why devs choose consoles as the target platform. That's where the bigger base is and they know PC will be able to scale the game to whatever levels. So they build the game to run on consoles. Not every developer will do it this way but it is a common practice. One that really triggers PC fanboys.

You need to give me something that indicates without a doubt that the 4K footage is running on the Xbox One X. Knowing that the developer is a primarily a PC developer, I am not going to assume that the first footage of the game running at 4k is on a console. I don't buy it. If there is a first hand encounter in which someone was able to verify that it was on the X, then I will concede to the claim of consoles being first class citizens for this game.

I know why devs target consoles versus PC. It has never been about the specs. That's is why I find it funny when people claim that a game design is going to be held back because its on consoles. Developers don't think of the specs first when designing a game. Many other factors come into play way before specs. In spite of all of this, there is no PC exclusive developer that push the envelope in game design solely based on hardware performance. PC gamers and gamers dream game would continue to be a dream because most gamers don't think through their ideas of game design. They just spit the first unrefined and unchallenged idea that comes to mind, then fantasized on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

You need to give me something that indicates without a doubt that the 4K footage is running on the Xbox One X. Knowing that the developer is a primarily a PC developer, I am not going to assume that the first footage of the game running at 4k is on a console. I don't buy it. If there is a first hand encounter in which someone was able to verify that it was on the X, then I will concede to the claim of consoles being first class citizens for this game.

What demo are you both referring to? The latest demo of CP2077 was E3 2019, ran on a PC with a 8700K, Titan RTX, 32GB of RAM and things like the resolution and ray tracing were unknown. Source

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

What demo are you both referring to? The latest demo of CP2077 was E3 2019, ran on a PC with a 8700K, RTX 2080Ti, 32GB of RAM and things like the resolution and ray tracing were unknown. Source

This

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

I know why devs target consoles versus PC. It has never been about the specs. That's is why I find it funny when people claim that a game design is going to be held back because its on consoles. Developers don't think of the specs first when designing a game. Many other factors come into play way before specs. In spite of all of this, there is no PC exclusive developer that push the envelope in game design solely based on hardware performance. PC gamers and gamers dream game would continue to be a dream because most gamers don't think through their ideas of game design. They just spit the first unrefined and unchallenged idea that comes to mind, then fantasized on it.

https://youtu.be/lrhEH67Clwo?t=72

Those are Xbox buttons. Throughout the video, you'll notice additional button prompts and menu buttons being Xbox controller buttons.

Again, you're describing a top-bottom development approach. I get that this is the approach you use currently, but it's not applicable to every game and every developer. Sometimes it makes more sense to develop bottom-up. It could be that CD Projekt Red chose the consoles because they knew how underpowered they would be based on their experience with the Witcher 3 and decided to start there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Pedro said:
@goldenelementxl said:

What demo are you both referring to? The latest demo of CP2077 was E3 2019, ran on a PC with a 8700K, RTX 2080Ti, 32GB of RAM and things like the resolution and ray tracing were unknown. Source

This

Well we know that was also running on a PC. IGN ran a feature on it the same day the demo went live. It was basically the same specs as the PC I mentioned before, but with a 1080Ti instead of the Titan RTX

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:
@goldenelementxl said:

This

I posted the source and noted the Xbox Controller buttons in the UI. I could be wrong and they were maybe using an Xbox Controller on a PC. Still doesn't change what they said about targeting the consoles over PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Zero_epyon said:

I posted the source and noted the Xbox Controller buttons in the UI. I could be wrong and they were maybe using an Xbox Controller on a PC. Still doesn't change what they said about targeting the consoles over PC.

Well the times they showed the game live, they used a 1080Ti and then a Titan RTX. 32GB of RAM is also a strange choice for a game that was "targeting" consoles. Especially launch Xbox One and PS4.

It's pretty clear PC was the lead platform...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

On PC, the standard controller configuration is the Xbox Controller if you are using the Xbox Controller. I am also going to stand by my assertion that their claim of consoles being first class citizens is a lie.

EDIT: Top-bottom approach is a better approach from my experience. Any optimization you make to your game to facilitate the game running on weaker systems benefits the stronger hardware without compromising the design. The design typically would take priority for game developer who cares about the design of their game. Design first then, prototype to compatibility with the various target hardware.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I think all of this is complete BS. The game just isn't finished yet. This shit happens all the time. I haven't seen anything about that game that couldn't be done on a PS4 Pro or Xbox one X. Blaming it on a console is idiotic especially since the next gen consoles won't be out until after the game releases in September.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

Well we know that was also running on a PC. IGN ran a feature on it the same day the demo went live. It was basically the same specs as the PC I mentioned before, but with a 1080Ti instead of the Titan RTX

That is kind of the point I was making to Zero. ;)

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Zero_epyon

@Pedro: @goldenelementxl:

I guess I'm going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

You can disagree with the design approach but not so much with PC being the target hardware. :)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@heretrix: Bingo, but it is fun watching the hermits cry and throw hissy fits lol, "give me my version now, waaahhhhh"!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

You can disagree with the design approach but not so much with PC being the target hardware. :)

eh I still think consoles were the target. It might be that the game is running fine on X and Pro. And the X is supposed to be able to run this at 4K. It just needs some more TLC for the base consoles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@heretrix said:

I think all of this is complete BS. The game just isn't finished yet. This shit happens all the time. I haven't seen anything about that game that couldn't be done on a PS4 Pro or Xbox one X. Blaming it on a console is idiotic especially since the next gen consoles won't be out until after the game releases in September.

The game has been playable from start to finish since August 24th, 2018 according to CDPR... Final assets and play-testing have been the focus since then. Those play tests must have been a disaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Zero_epyon said:

eh I still think consoles were the target. It might be that the game is running fine on X and Pro. And the X is supposed to be able to run this at 4K. It just needs some more TLC for the base consoles.

Again, where is this coming from? CDPR has shown the game on a 1080TI and a Titan RTX, yet they wouldn't confirm the render resolution. The X is nowhere near those GPUs...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Zero_epyon

@goldenelementxl said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Again, where is this coming from? CDPR has shown the game on a 1080TI and a Titan RTX, yet they wouldn't confirm the render resolution. The X is nowhere near those GPUs...

https://www.windowscentral.com/cyberpunk-2077-runs-4k-resolution-xbox-one-x

So it appears to be an Xbox One X enhanced title on the MS store and would support 4K. Now we all know that "supports 4K" can mean anything from checkerboard to native, but if a recall correctly, the Witcher 3 was native 4K on the X as well.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Pedro: the dev has stated that the Xbox one was the primary culprit. Sucks that games are still being hampered by that piece of shit

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@Pedro said:

https://youtu.be/lrhEH67Clwo?t=72

Those are Xbox buttons. Throughout the video, you'll notice additional button prompts and menu buttons being Xbox controller buttons.

Again, you're describing a top-bottom development approach. I get that this is the approach you use currently, but it's not applicable to every game and every developer. Sometimes it makes more sense to develop bottom-up. It could be that CD Projekt Red chose the consoles because they knew how underpowered they would be based on their experience with the Witcher 3 and decided to start there.

The Gamescom 2019 demo used a Xbox controller also with button prompts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Zero_epyon said:

So it appears to be an Xbox One X enhanced title on the MS store and would support 4K. Now we all know that "supports 4K" can mean anything from checkerboard to native, but if a recall correctly, the Witcher 3 was native 4K on the X as well.

That would be incorrect.

Digital Foundry

"4K mode that puts the emphasis on hitting a native 3840x2160 at 30 frames per second, falling back on dynamic resolution scaling to ensure a consistent gameplay experience."

"Look to the sky, wander around interiors, or explore less GPU-intensive environments, and the game has never looked sharper. However, the catch is that resolution drops in more intensive areas to a lower 3200x1800."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

I don’t understand how people thought the demos were being run on consoles when multiple outlets ran features discussing the PC tech used for those demos. Both in 2018 and 2019! Xbox button prompts really fooled some of you that much? Plug a Xbox One controller into a PC and tell me what the button prompts look like... That’s right, Xbox One button prompts.

CDPR thought they could dumb down the game enough in 18 months for the base consoles. They were wrong and now we all have to wait...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#98 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59100 Posts

The game doesn't look very next-gen.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1003 Posts

Guys all of the demos shown thus far have been on high spec PC. To my knowledge we have yet to see the console versions at all. When they showed the long demo in 2018 it was on a gtx 1080 ti and somewhat struggling. A year later on an Rtx 2080 ti it was running a bit better but the downgraded was obvious. I can only imagine what the base consoles look like.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Zero_epyon

@goldenelementxl said:
@Zero_epyon said:

That would be incorrect.

Digital Foundry

"4K mode that puts the emphasis on hitting a native 3840x2160 at 30 frames per second, falling back on dynamic resolution scaling to ensure a consistent gameplay experience."

"Look to the sky, wander around interiors, or explore less GPU-intensive environments, and the game has never looked sharper. However, the catch is that resolution drops in more intensive areas to a lower 3200x1800."

Ah so it was dynamic. Remember MS counts dynamic resolution as "4K" though.