Ripping off MS scum doesn't do any favours to late adopters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

They took the one-year delay as an excuse to charge you $66 for enhanced editions of Forza 5 (GOTY edition), Dead Rising 3 (Apocalypse Edition) and Ryse (Legendary edition) in the countries where Xbox One debuts this September, I am hopping mad. However, it is also worth mentioning that the standard pricing for an Xbox game in Poland is $83 but I've just seen Alien: Isolation Nostromo Edition for whooping fvcking $99.

And this delay will prevent those games from getting massive discounts (which they should've gotten by then) as there are still 3rd world countries to be milked. How blindly greedy can you be? Ryse should've been $20 bargain bin title by September.

On top of that, they're not even localized (at least not in Poland). Way to go, MS!

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

However, it is also worth mentioning that the standard pricing for an Xbox game in Poland is $83 but I've just seen Alien: Isolation Nostromo Edition for whooping fvcking $99.

You can thank all the European taxes for that more than Microsoft. You may have a stronger currency, but the sometimes asinine Euro taxes are what hamper imports the most.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

wow. that's extortionate.

as for ryse increasing in price, that's very cute.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Wanna give me the low down on the taxation in these countries? Their prospective average income?

Maybe then you can moan about the price once you have some understanding of the actual economic climate the products operate in.

Releasing products to an area with a weaker currency means a higher relative price per product. Its not rocket science.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Sucks but expected.

Wait awhile for prices to come down. It's going to be hot shit for the first few months, but after that you should start to see price drops.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@always_explicit said:

Wanna give me the low down on the taxation in these countries? Their prospective average income?

Maybe then you can moan about the price once you have some understanding of the actual economic climate the products operate in.

Releasing products to an area with a weaker currency means a higher relative price per product. Its not rocket science.

Compared to the USA, average income in Poland is four times lower. There's being ripped off and there's being ripped off after paying an additional property assessment for being Polish.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@always_explicit said:

Compared to the USA, average income in Poland is four times lower. There's being ripped off and there's being ripped off after paying an additional property assessment for being Polish.

As I said a weaker currency is never going to do the poorer countries any favours. However blaming specific companies just pleads ignorance. If anything its the laws of commerce set by these countries themselves that cause these inflated prices and very little to do with the company themselves.

See Australia...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If I have noticed anything, it's that XBone owners are mad. But hey, we pretty much all warned you, so it's kinda funny to watch.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

However, it is also worth mentioning that the standard pricing for an Xbox game in Poland is $83 but I've just seen Alien: Isolation Nostromo Edition for whooping fvcking $99.

You can thank all the European taxes for that more than Microsoft. You may have a stronger currency, but the sometimes asinine Euro taxes are what hamper imports the most.

Cosigned, freaking stop big ever expanding govment commies mang, it's killing the people and the planet. Oh and gaming in Poland. :P

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Why the **** is Ryse getting a legendary edition?

Legendary turd, perhaps.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Cosigned, freaking stop big ever expanding govment commies mang, it's killing the people and the planet. Oh and gaming in Poland. :P

Out of curiosity, is this more or less than PS4 games?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Not sure what you're asking but perhaps from what I wrote you think I live in Poland but No, I only said that for Salt's sake... I'm in the States, Salt would be the one to ask I guess. :P

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

In the UK (20% VAT) we usually pay ~£49.99 (RRP) which is about $85.60 USD

Poland (23% VAT) they pay ~260,00 zł (RRP) which is about $85.11 USD

USA I think the RRP is $60... so if you add 20% to that that equals... $72... nope we still get ripped off.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@always_explicit said:

As I said a weaker currency is never going to do the poorer countries any favours. However blaming specific companies just pleads ignorance. If anything its the laws of commerce set by these countries themselves that cause these inflated prices and very little to do with the company themselves.

See Australia...

Not always true. In Brazil, prices are even higher than in Poland, and the blame doesn't fall entirely on taxes and legit economic circunstances, like supply and demand, average income, currency value, labor laws cost, etc. The profit margin here sometimes ranges from 2 to 4x the margin practiced in developed countries. Companies do get their share on the ripping off.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@SambaLele said:

Not always true. In Brazil, prices are even higher than in Poland, and the blame doesn't fall entirely on taxes and legit economic circunstances, like supply and demand, average income, currency value, labor laws cost, etc. The profit margin here sometimes ranges from 2 to 4x the margin practiced in developed countries. Companies do get their share on the ripping off.

Brazil's prices probably have to do more with location than anything -- South America compared to Europe.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

you want a new system to be discounted in price plus all the launch games to have lower prices? You're asking for too much. Never seen a launch game for less than $60

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I think it's still more, like $10 per game. It's because this equation:

less Xbones than PS4s = lesser circulation of games in general which leads to poorer availability and higher prices on Xbone as well as poorer chances of trading games in for a fair price or swapping them with someone else.

And like someone else said, even taking VAT into consideration, it's still a rip-off.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Don't buy one and don't support those practices

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Legendary turd, perhaps.

Perhaps it will fix the main problem with Ryse: the gameplay

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Salt_The_Fries

@R4gn4r0k said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Legendary turd, perhaps.

But I've been looking forward to buy one (One!) and if I don't do it in September (I will muster moneyz by then and sell my 360 with a gigantic games collection for a fair price), then with kid coming in February, I won't ever be able to do so...

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

TC, steam is your friend! There's really not enough on consoles atm to warrant getting that badly brutalised over game prices.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

But I've been looking forward to buy one (One!) and if I don't do it in September (I will muster moneyz by then and sell my 360 with a gigantic games collection for a fair price), then with kid coming in February, I won't ever be able to do so...

Congrats man, just had a boy and it annihilates your gaming time!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Switch to PC gaming for now then? You aren't missing out on much with the Xbone until about late 2015, according to my opinion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Hmmmm, I see.

Well, if you pre-order one you will get Forza 5 and Fifa included in the 399 bundle (without Kinect) and you can always wait for the other games to get cheaper.

The Forza/Fifa promotion is in most European countries, check if that is the case Poland too ;)

Also, congratulations :)

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Salt_The_Fries

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Hmmmm, I see.

Well, if you pre-order one you will get Forza 5 and Fifa included in the 399 bundle (without Kinect) and you can always wait for the other games to get cheaper.

The Forza/Fifa promotion is in most European countries, check if that is the case Poland too ;)

Also, congratulations :)

I'm not sure if I'd want official bundles coming in September to Poland, I'd rather have one with Titanfall. Forza 5 will be cool for sure, but I've grown to dislike the main series and on the other hand Horizon is the only Forza I'd play. However, FIFA 15 is a game I'd surely play, but I'm looking forward to Alien: Isolation, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive most.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Gotta pay to play and you have to decide yourself if its worth it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I'm not sure if I'd want official bundles coming in September to Poland, I'd rather have one with Titanfall. Forza 5 will be cool for sure, but I've grown to dislike the main series and on the other hand Horizon is the only Forza I'd play. However, FIFA 15 is a game I'd surely play, but I'm looking forward to Alien: Isolation, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive most.

Don't know about any official bundles. I'm sure they'll take a while, there is the Titanfall bundle but I don't know how much it costs.

But what I said is not a bundle really, it's just for people who preorder. So say you pre-order the Kinectless bundle for 399 euro, than you will get Fifa 15 and Forza 5 for free. This means you'll get some games to play day one and you don't need to buy the absurdly priced version of Forza :)

Yeah, I want to play Sunset Overdrive too, and Quantum Break looks good too. But 2 games is not enough for me to justify the Xbone price.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

They took the one-year delay as an excuse to charge you $66 for enhanced editions of Forza 5 (GOTY edition), Dead Rising 3 (Apocalypse Edition) and Ryse (Legendary edition) in the countries where Xbox One debuts this September, I am hopping mad. However, it is also worth mentioning that the standard pricing for an Xbox game in Poland is $83 but I've just seen Alien: Isolation Nostromo Edition for whooping fvcking $99.

And this delay will prevent those games from getting massive discounts (which they should've gotten by then) as there are still 3rd world countries to be milked. How blindly greedy can you be? Ryse should've been $20 bargain bin title by September.

On top of that, they're not even localized (at least not in Poland). Way to go, MS!

QFT.

They are trying to cover their entry fees into those countries by justifying deceptive practices. Business 101.

They all are scums. All greedy corporations do this.

The OIL cartels have reported record profits since Bush was the president of the United States.

Did you expect better from Microsoft. They're all greedy assholes. With one goal. Your wallet.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Legendary turd, perhaps.

Well I guess they couldn't legitimately call it a game of the year edition, that stretches the bounds of credibility even for Microsoft.

Congrats on the baby, by the way. :)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

It's new to those people

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Congrats man, just had a boy and it annihilates your gaming time!

Psh, rookies

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

This would be an issue if the XBox One was regionally locked, but it isn't. Gamers in Poland can easily by the English version of these games for dirt cheap on Ebay or online stores and play them to their hearts content. Problem solved.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

If I have noticed anything, it's that XBone owners are mad. But hey, we pretty much all warned you, so it's kinda funny to watch.

I'm actually thrilled. Most Xbox owners feel the same way. Prices are always higher in foreign countries. The PS4 even costs more in Canada. You think Canadians are happy about that? lol!!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shewgenja

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

I'm actually thrilled. Most Xbox owners feel the same way. Prices are always higher in foreign countries. The PS4 even costs more in Canada. You think Canadians are happy about that? lol!!

I think it's a bigger deal in SW than it is in Canada lol

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Salt just get alien isolation on PC bro, why settle for the least attractive version in both price and functionality?

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Heard any good pollock jokes lately?