RE4 Wii edition sales are going to be VERY IMPORTANT to the future of the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

A couple reasons why...

1. It will prove that good, adult themed, third party games can sell on the Wii and encourage other third parties to do the same.

2. Capcom themselves stated RE4 Wii edition is a test for Wii owners, and if it sells well expect to see RE1, RE2 :shock: ect. remade for the Wii in RE4 style.

... early indications are that it has broken the top 10 in NPD software sales this month... very good news for Sheep if it has.

we'll see on monday.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
i have that game
Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
If RE:UC sells well, it will give more good vibes to Capcom.
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
Meanwhile, all PS3 software continue to sell bad.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
It sold on the GC, so no doubt it would sell on a Wii.. that doesn't mean a bunch of none gamers gone out and bought it.. Just GC, and PS2 fans..
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

It sold on the GC, so no doubt it would sell on a Wii.. that doesn't mean a bunch of none gamers gone out and bought it.. Just GC, and PS2 fans..Dahaka-UK

Damage control? Sales are sales, no one cares who bought the game, just that a game that has been released twice already on two systems is still selling extremely well breaking the top 10. This does a lot for the Wii because it shows that Wii owners will by the more traditional "hardcore" games. So much so, a basically port of a port is doing great, which would lead one to believe that a new game with better graphics, and new story for the Wii would sell even better.

ryan_mirow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ryan_mirow
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

It's a fantastic game, mainly because the wiimote serves as a prefect aiming reticlue, improving on basically the only flaw of the original games. Personally I give it a 9.6/10

That having been said, I hope the sales of this game don't give game studios the idea that they can port old games to Wii and it'll instantly sell well. They, like Capcom, would have to really take full advantage of motion controls and include plenty of bonus content.

Keeping my fingers crossed they don't get lazy...

TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts

A couple reasons why...

1. It will prove that good, adult themed, third party games can sell on the Wii and encourage other third parties to do the same.

2. Capcom themselves stated RE4 Wii edition is a test for Wii owners, and if it sells well expect to see RE1, RE2 :shock: ect. remade for the Wii in RE4 style.

... early indications are that it has broken the top 10 in NPD software sales this month... very good news for Sheep if it has.

we'll see on monday.

jedigemini

I don't want remakes. The Wii needs to get NEW, GOOD games, that's all there is to it. Mine sits unplayed almost all the time. (unless friends are over drinking and experimenting with mind-expanding drugs...)

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

Yeah, RE4 debunked that the Wii can't produce quality adventure games.

Is still a port though, only time will tell.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'
Truewiseblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Truewiseblade
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts
That doesn't Quite seem fair. A game that has alrady been released on three platforms, one of witch's library is usable by the Wii is the test of the console's userbase? Even though it may be selling well, it sounds like the odds were stacked against the Wii. RE:UC would be a much fairer judgement.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'Haziqonfire

Hey, a downgraded RE5 is better than no RE5 right?

darkshadow64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkshadow64
Member since 2004 • 6744 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'DA_B0MB

I guess so...but Im guessing most people already have at least one of the other two consoles. If that's the case, you'd rather buy RE5 for them, UNLESS the Wii version has something truly amazing that gives you reason to choose that version.
I'd much rather have another Resident Evil game exclusive to Wii (and no, Umbrella Chronicles doesnt count)

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#14 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

then it's a good thing i bought it.

what a great game

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'DA_B0MB

I would think not. I'd rather Capcom just focused on one version, rather than two.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
Yeh, its been sold out on various websites. I bought it :) Never played the Cube version, but im loving it!
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

Agreed on point one. Whole heartedly.

As for point two... I don't care. I don't want more remakes of games I played upwards of a decade ago. I'd dig up my PSone for old RE games.

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hyruledweller
I wouldn't mind RE1, 2 3 'Wiimakes.' Only if they did one thing - take the bloody ink ribbons out on the first one, i hated that, also give us a tad more ammo.
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

I wouldn't mind RE1, 2 3 'Wiimakes.' Only if they did one thing - take the bloody ink ribbons out on the first one, i hated that, also give us a tad more ammo. hyruledweller

No thanks, theyve already had like 4 versions each. Theyve been played out a lot and Wii-mote wouldnt be a good enough reason to buy them again for the 5th time. It would be better if they made a new game for the Wii, release the original RE4 build, or something like that.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'Teufelhuhn

I would think not. I'd rather Capcom just focused on one version, rather than two.

Aren't they focused on two versions at the moment?

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hyruledweller

[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]I wouldn't mind RE1, 2 3 'Wiimakes.' Only if they did one thing - take the bloody ink ribbons out on the first one, i hated that, also give us a tad more ammo. enduin

No thanks, theyve already had like 4 versions each. Theyve been played out a lot and Wii-mote wouldnt be a good enough reason to buy them again for the 5th time. It would be better if they made a new game for the Wii, release the original RE4 build, or something like that.

I totally agree, but I wouldnt really mind if they did just Wiimake them. Though, a brand new RE would be great news.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts
I seriously hope Capcom if they are going to remake the original games for the Wii-- please update the graphics.
jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jedigemini
I seriously hope Capcom if they are going to remake the original games for the Wii-- please update the graphics. mjf249
Obviously... they're going to be in RE4 style... and likely use an upgraded RE4 engine.
Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'Zhengi

ps3 and 360

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts
I have RE4 GC and Wii. Wii version was DEFINATELY worth the $30, no doubt about it. I would do summersaults and cartwheels if the made RE2 Wii, its my favorite of the series. I wouldn't ask for extra content or better graphics or anything - just make RE2 Wii NOW!!!
Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Last I heard, it sold about a quarter of a million on the Wii already. That's pretty damn good, considering Capcom expected it to sell only 400k total in the Wii's lifetime.

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
No. RE4 isn't a NEW game. Also RE4 was popular on GC anyway. Shame MANHUNT 2 was banne.d That would have been the game to test Wii's MAture audience.
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

Guess what game I need to get....:P

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

Last I heard, it sold about a quarter of a million on the Wii already. That's pretty damn good, considering Capcom expected it to sell only 400k total in the Wii's lifetime.

Smoke_ManMuscle

Well if you add RE4's sales from every platforms it's closing in on 4.5 Million units.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Yeah -- i wouldnt mind if it looked like RE4 or better on the Wii, with the same, or close to same, control scheme.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jedigemini

Smoke_ManMuscle

Those numbers are incredible. Could a 2 year old third partyport go on to be a million seller? Wouldnt that be something? It would certainly debunk that good, mature third party games dont sell on the Wii.

Third parties am coming.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'Zhengi

He means one version for the PS3/360, and one for the Wii.

Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
[QUOTE="Smoke_ManMuscle"]

jedigemini

Those numbers are incredible. Could a 2 year old third partyport go on to be a million seller? Wouldnt that be something? It would certainly debunk that good, mature third party games dont sell on the Wii.

Third parties am coming.

Being a million seller is quite a stretch, but considering how little Capcom had to put into this port, if it sells more than 600,000 copies, it'll be successful, to say the least.

But if it did sell a million (doubtful), it would almost gurantee a Wii version of RE5. Probably a year later, like the PS2 RE4, but it would be well on its way.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
[QUOTE="Zhengi"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i believe capcom even said if RE4 sells well RE5 might even have a chance to be on the Wii, of course, 'downgraded'CJL13

So you're saying if I buy the PS3 version I can play it on a 360 or if I buy the 360 version I can play it on the PS3?

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts
[QUOTE="CJL13"][QUOTE="Zhengi"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

So you're saying if I buy the PS3 version I can play it on a 360 or if I buy the 360 version I can play it on the PS3?

RE 5 and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

From another perspective...

If RE4 sells well, Devs will know Wii owners like to play last gen ports with tacked on Wii controls with no graphical updateand contentat all.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jedigemini

If RE4 sells well, Devs will know Wii owners like to play last gen ports with tacked on Wii controls with no graphical updateand contentat all.

Hir0_N

That would be pretty short sighted of them... they wouldnt be dumb enough leave money on the table like that. Old good games sell well on the Wii... new good games will sell better.

I really dont why so many posters here like to think that Wii is some kind of bizarros world console that somehow manages to escape the basiclaws that the gaming industry is founded on.

Maybe they're just scared of the Wii's success ;)

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Or........

3. It could mean we are just going to be getting more last gen ports with Wii controls.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Another jedigeminigame.

RE4 is a third port with tacked on Wiimote controls. The only reason it is even selling well is because there's nothing else to buy.

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hyruledweller

Hir0_N

I doubt it could go that way.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]

hyruledweller

I doubt it could go that way.

It's already that way.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

A couple reasons why...

we'll see on monday.

jedigemini

Know what's better than RE4 Wii edition? RE5.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jedigemini
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

A couple reasons why...

we'll see on monday.

Redfingers

..which Capcom said will be on the Wii if RE4 sells well ;)
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Another jedigeminigame.

RE4 is a third port with tacked on Wiimote controls. The only reason it is even selling well is because there's nothing else to buy.

NobuoMusicMaker

so then that means they are desperate to find a game like RE4 which sends a message to the devs that they want a great third party game. its not last gen ports they want since RE4 Wii Edition is the only good game on the wii which you are stating. if capcom would make a new great game i think it will sell better than Re4.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="Redfingers"][QUOTE="jedigemini"]

A couple reasons why...

we'll see on monday.

jedigemini

You know what's better then RE 5 on the Wii? The other 2 versions.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hyruledweller

A couple reasons why...

we'll see on monday.

jedigemini

Sounds good, though have you got a link?

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

A couple reasons why...

we'll see on monday.

jedigemini

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard, do you got something to support that statement?

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Why are people in here complaining about Resident Evil 4 selling well on the Wii? Yes, I know it's a port, but at least it is a good port unlike Far Cry which was pure trash that had no effort put into it what so ever. And even though it is a port, it is showing third party developers that there games, M rated or not, can sell on a Nintendo console. I mean haters say the Wii needs more "mature" games, so why complain if one is actually doing well on the Wii; meaning the possibility of more to come?