Rare: Who wants Banjo-Kazooie for DS?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105  Online
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Be still thy beating hearts, Rare fans: more retro titles from the UK developer could make their way to the Virtual Console - although nothing is "in the pipeline at the moment".

On the Rare website letters page, one keen fan asks whether we could see Perfect Dark or Banjo Kazooie heading to Nintendo's downloadable service. While the answer is fairly ambiguous, it does provide a glimmer of hope: "As for Virtual Console, it's ultimately Nintendo's decision what gets released. Beyond the Donkey Kong Country games we don't have anything in the pipeline at the moment, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in future."

On the same letters page, there's also an interesting snippet of info about the Banjo series. In a response to a query regarding a potential Banjo remake for DS (rather like the developer did with Diddy Kong Racing DS), a Rare employee reveals that "there's always a chance".

Furthermore, the team that's currently working on the 360 version of Banjo Kazooie considered a remake and "actually did some works towards it but then dropped it in favour of the current fresh approach".

Finally, in just one last tease, Rare says that it could potentially bring more brand new titles to DS. "Viva Pinata DS (as well as being a good fit for the handheld) also shows that we can bring across properties other than those owned by Nintendo. So we'll leave you to wonder what's coming after Viva Pinata DS." Just don't say Killer Instinct, please.

!

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
What kind of idiot doesn't want more Killer Instinct?
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
DK64 would be a better DS port. :evil: I wouldn't mind being able to play Banjo though, one of the many games I missed out on.
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

I dont see why Nintendo even sold Rare in the first place. :(

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts
Verry nice news for the ds. I want to pick up a handheld sometime but I just cant decide witch... both have games I want, but not enough money. :(
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts

What kind of idiot doesn't want more Killer Instinct?JiveT

It's the first time i agree with you.

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Banjo 1 and 2 ports would be cool I guess, shouldn't be too hard so come on rare!
blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
Yay. I can now play the first two Banjo games.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Biggest link ever = Win.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nintendofreak_2

Miyomatic
Starfox Adventures happened.
Auricom-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Auricom-R
Member since 2006 • 465 Posts

I'd love to see a BK remake on the DS with new content. It's one of my all-time favorites!

But first, I need some BK3!!! Please Rare, don't screw it up!

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

DK64 would be a better DS port. :evil: I wouldn't mind being able to play Banjo though, one of the many games I missed out on.nintendofreak_2

WHAT?!?!

Go - buy this game right now and dust off your N64 and play this bad boy. Seriously, that is a beast of a platformer. I almost like it as much as SM64.

Banjo on DS? Yes please.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nintendofreak_2

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]DK64 would be a better DS port. :evil: I wouldn't mind being able to play Banjo though, one of the many games I missed out on.Homesrfan

WHAT?!?!

Go - buy this game right now and dust off your N64 and play this bad boy. Seriously, that is a beast of a platformer. I almost like it as much as SM64.

Banjo on DS? Yes please.

I couldn't find a copy even if I tried to.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
DK64 would be a better DS port. :evil: I wouldn't mind being able to play Banjo though, one of the many games I missed out on.nintendofreak_2
I agree.
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts
I'm just glad they didn't do a remake and decided Threeie. I would have to kill Rare if the 360 game was a remake.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

Good god no, Banjo Kazooie is much better imo.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

KILLER INSTINCT !

Joking... I used to play it on the SNES. It was a good game. But I'm not really a big fan.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
could happen, after all rare have to make money somehow and its not going to happen on a microsoft console
WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
[QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]DK64 would be a better DS port. :evil: I wouldn't mind being able to play Banjo though, one of the many games I missed out on.nintendofreak_2

WHAT?!?!

Banjo on DS? Yes please.

So eBay didn't help you? Banjo-Kazooie is a brilliant platformer, you should try and find it.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

could happen, after all rare have to make money somehow and its not going to happen on a microsoft console---OkeyDokey---

:?

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]could happen, after all rare have to make money somehow and its not going to happen on a microsoft consoleJiveT

:?

wanna know badly viva pinata, kameo, conker live and reloaded and grabbed by the ghoulies sold?

banjo threeie will probably be a huge sales flop unless ms puts some marketing behind it like they did with gears.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
I never really could get into banjo-kazoee, so I dont really care that much, now killer instict on the VC would be great.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Willy105  Online
[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]DK64 would be a better DS port. :evil: I wouldn't mind being able to play Banjo though, one of the many games I missed out on.WeAreToast

WHAT?!?!

Banjo on DS? Yes please.

So eBay didn't help you? Banjo-Kazooie is a brilliant platformer, you should try and find it.

Even Gamespot, which was relativelyjust plain meanwith their N64 reviews, gave it a 9.5. That's worth something.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I wanna know what the purpose of those stupid eggs and ice key were for... Really, I got them, and nothing... :|
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZeldaMaster32

I wanna know what the purpose of those stupid eggs and ice key were for... Really, I got them, and nothing... :|yoshi_64

Then you'll be glad to know that we will find out in Banjo-Threeie! It's an anniversary present for the die hards.:P

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Willy105  Online

I wanna know what the purpose of those stupid eggs and ice key were for... Really, I got them, and nothing... :|yoshi_64

It was a cancelled feature.

Originally, you could collect the eggs in Banjo-Kazoiie, to unlock stuff in banjo-Tooie.

It was supposed to work that it will save the data on the console, you would take out the Banjo-Kazooie game pak while the console was on, and put Banjo-Tooie in. But due to delays, it had to be cancelled.

If the Gamecube was not coming a couple months after Banjo-Tooie was released, we would have that feature.

Auricom-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 Auricom-R
Member since 2006 • 465 Posts

The Stop n Swop mystery will be solved in Banjo Threeie. Or they'll just add more useless items to make fun of that failed feature, I wouldn't put it past Rare to do something like that.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
give me DK64 and Banjo and Jet force gemini with online and you got a deal.
Hat_Damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Hat_Damage
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
I just want Bajo Threeie =(, i wouldnt mind a Banjo game on the DS if it was made good, not like the crappy Banjo GBA games.
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

That'd be awesome.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]I wanna know what the purpose of those stupid eggs and ice key were for... Really, I got them, and nothing... :|Willy105

Originally, you could collect the eggs in Banjo-Kazoiie, to unlock stuff in banjo-Tooie.

It was supposed to work that it will save the data on the console, you would take out the Banjo-Kazooie game pak while the console was on, and put Banjo-Tooie in. But due to delays, it had to be cancelled.

If the Gamecube was not coming a couple months after Banjo-Tooie was released, we would have that feature.

Really? How could you move out a cartridge while the console was on? That would be interesting to see, but I thought you couldn't do that without damaging the system... I never heard of it as a feature, I assumed it was just a part in B-K that never reached fruitation because of time constraints.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts

That Ice Key...man I could never figure out why that was there...but after reading it I guess I do now.

On the other hand, I would rather have them just focus on Threeie before jumping for DS ports.

ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZeldaMaster32
[QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]I wanna know what the purpose of those stupid eggs and ice key were for... Really, I got them, and nothing... :|yoshi_64

Really? How could you move out a cartridge while the console was on? That would be interesting to see, but I thought you couldn't do that without damaging the system... I never heard of it as a feature, I assumed it was just a part in B-K that never reached fruitation because of time constraints.

When you turned off the N64, the memory of the previous game was still there for like 20 seconds or whatever. Feasibly, you could activate SNS in Kazooie, turn off N64, pop in Tooie, and PRESTO. Whatever SNS does/unlocks happens.

However a design change in N64 hardware turned the memory time down to 6 secs or w/e prior to 2000 and as such, SNS became this great conspiracy we all know and love.:)

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts
Coolio.I want a 2D Donkey Kong countryon the DS too.:)
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

You and me are alike. We both want our monkeys portable.

GeminiForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GeminiForce
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
All I want is a Jet Force Gemini sequel! :cry:
GeminiForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GeminiForce
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]I wanna know what the purpose of those stupid eggs and ice key were for... Really, I got them, and nothing... :|ZeldaMaster32

When you turned off the N64, the memory of the previous game was still there for like 20 seconds or whatever. Feasibly, you could activate SNS in Kazooie, turn off N64, pop in Tooie, and PRESTO. Whatever SNS does/unlocks happens.

However a design change in N64 hardware turned the memory time down to 6 secs or w/e prior to 2000 and as such, SNS became this great conspiracy we all know and love.:)

If you did turn it off, memory would be lost wouldn't it? I thought it was just take cartridge out and put in cartridge type of thing.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
Man that's a huge anchor element. :?
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

I don't really need a DS remake. I mean it'd be great to be able to play BK on the go, but I can play BK anytime I want on my emu's. In fact I just did about an hour ago, I even used my 360 gamepad. I'm just glad MS bought Rare, I can't imagine having to play BK 3 with a remote and Gamecube graphics. Eww. :?V_Isle

The art style actually turns me off from this game...

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

Be still thy beating hearts, Rare fans: more retro titles from the UK developer could make their way to the Virtual Console - although nothing is "in the pipeline at the moment".

On the Rare website letters page, one keen fan asks whether we could see Perfect Dark or Banjo Kazooie heading to Nintendo's downloadable service. While the answer is fairly ambiguous, it does provide a glimmer of hope: "As for Virtual Console, it's ultimately Nintendo's decision what gets released. Beyond the Donkey Kong Country games we don't have anything in the pipeline at the moment, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in future."

On the same letters page, there's also an interesting snippet of info about the Banjo series. In a response to a query regarding a potential Banjo remake for DS (rather like the developer did with Diddy Kong Racing DS), a Rare employee reveals that "there's always a chance".

Furthermore, the team that's currently working on the 360 version of Banjo Kazooie considered a remake and "actually did some works towards it but then dropped it in favour of the current fresh approach".

Finally, in just one last tease, Rare says that it could potentially bring more brand new titles to DS. "Viva Pinata DS (as well as being a good fit for the handheld) also shows that we can bring across properties other than those owned by Nintendo. So we'll leave you to wonder what's coming after Viva Pinata DS." Just don't say Killer Instinct, please.

!

Willy105
Haha is Rare says "Thats Nintendos Decision" is kinda saying well they made the game paid for License,Publish fee reprinting the game is still within there legal Right am i correct? if this is true and i think it is we should def see Goldeneye, sure it has the Bond License but this is an old game that Nintendo at the time had the rights to use the name for the game, the game is still there and they can still sell it. we should see all of the killer N64 games on VC because there not remakes just reprints. Nintendo has the rights to all 64 games for sale so i don't see any games getin snubbed. it looks from that quote Dk64 is the first rare game out.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Willy105  Online

[QUOTE="V_Isle"]I don't really need a DS remake. I mean it'd be great to be able to play BK on the go, but I can play BK anytime I want on my emu's. In fact I just did about an hour ago, I even used my 360 gamepad. I'm just glad MS bought Rare, I can't imagine having to play BK 3 with a remote and Gamecube graphics. Eww. :?GundamGuy0

The art style actually turns me off from this game...

The game would look like Star Fox Adventures on Wii. That is in no way bad graphics. You just want to think it its.

monkeysrfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 monkeysrfat
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts
That will be so sweet if it happened. I never got round to playing banjo kazooie but I loved banjo tooie
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

Miyomatic

idiots :P

But i get to play banjo on my 360 woot. I would reaaaaaly like to see a new DK game, like the old day though...

TheDustyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 TheDustyOne
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
The original titles will release on the xbox live arcade. NOT the Wii.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#46 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Why?

I haven't played either. Still if Banjo came to VC or DS then theres hope for other rare games coming to nintendo consoles (like DK64)

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Bumpage.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points