"The day ____________ is the day I quit gaming." (Poll)

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
The earth blows up
bearbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 bearbones
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

I agree with everything excelR83 said.

-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
If Online multiplayer died. Then what would I do?
deathtoallgods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deathtoallgods
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
What is "gaming"?
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
The day I grow tired of playing video games and moving on to other things is the day I quit gaming. It won't be another couply of years until that happens though since I find the development of new and interesting games pulling me back.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

What is "gaming"?deathtoallgods

A city in Austria

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

When online takes over. I don't why anyone who care if motion control took over. If it took over as it is now fair enough, it's not perfected, but if it becomes the standard when it is pretty much perfect and actually enhances gameplay in everything, what's wrong with that...

So yeah it's online for me, I don't mind online but any game that I switch on and don't even bother playing the singleplayer because I know it's going to be a crappy 5 hour experience is a bad game to me.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

If devs cba to develop PC exclusives and casual games start to take over hardcore market (will never happen if we are all still here, theres always a market for harcores)

Maybe also if things happen in the real world that affect the time i can spend on games , ie. love, work, education etc.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Oh and btw, you guys do realize that Technology improves right? The Wii was the first system to based around motion controls and yes it is rough around the edges but guess what? ... Zerostatic0
I can't think of a practical way to fix the main failing of motion control, which is a lack of feedback. How do you drive a car without feeling aligning torque in the wheel? How do you swing a golf club straight without feeling the club twist and correcting for it? How do you swing a sword without feeling it connect? How do you drum in time if you can't feel the stick bounce off the pad?

Short of building force-feedback arms into your walls, I can't think of a solution. The Wiimote works for pointing, because the feedback comes from our eyes, but beyond that, things start to fall apart.

deuce85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deuce85
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

the day i get married?air_wolf_cubed

Whipped much?

LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts
I'll be gaming until the day I die.
agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts

When games are all about the mulitplayer and singleplayer is just thrown together to make look like you justify your purchase

Or a monopoloy comes and has only one console in the market

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

If next generation of consoles become WII-like I'll stop.

I like graphics and to lie when playing

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

The day online multiplayer becomes the standard and great, compelling singleplayer experiences filled with expression and emotional/sensual value are regarded as a thing of the past.Saturos3091

That and motion control as STD oh and death der...

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I quit when I die.

Even if the industry keeps going in the direction of diluted down narrative driven CGI fest no challenge games, I will still have my good old friends Mike Tyson's Punchout and Gradius.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
I won't quit gaming, but if motion controls are the standard for next gen consoles I'll go PC only.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#69 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]Oh and btw, you guys do realize that Technology improves right? The Wii was the first system to based around motion controls and yes it is rough around the edges but guess what? ... lowe0

I can't think of a practical way to fix the main failing of motion control, which is a lack of feedback. How do you drive a car without feeling aligning torque in the wheel? How do you swing a golf club straight without feeling the club twist and correcting for it? How do you swing a sword without feeling it connect? How do you drum in time if you can't feel the stick bounce off the pad?

Short of building force-feedback arms into your walls, I can't think of a solution. The Wiimote works for pointing, because the feedback comes from our eyes, but beyond that, things start to fall apart.

Only problem with that theory is that there are Wii games where motion controls do work and make the experience more immersive. Wii Sports, Boom Blox, Zack & Wiki, and the most under-rated which is Godfather: Blackhand Edition. When you fight in Godfather: Blackhand Edition if you want your character to punch with his right arm you physically punch with your right hand, if you want to punch with your left hand you physically punch with your left hand. When you strangle someone you litterally put your hands in front of you as if you were choking somone and you do a strangling motion. And guess what? It all works perfectly. Most Wii games that try to do that end up failing because the devs don't really know how to make it work as well as the fact that controls are not responsive enough, but the fact that Some of them do they make it work, prove to me that motion controls are a perfectly viable and will only get better with time.
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#70 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts

I'll always be a gamer. I'm not sure what will bring me to stop playing thougj

michelle341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 michelle341
Member since 2008 • 734 Posts

the day all games will become multiplayer only..now dont get me wrong I love playing online with real people...it's much more exciting then playing with a computer.. but if I buy a game I want to be able to enjoy it forever (like look throow my game collection in 7 years time and say "hey, I forgot I had this!!! and go play it..I cant do that with multiplayer only games becuase the servers will either be closed or have no one online...thats why I didnt buy warhawk even though it really looks fun

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts
The day I get ick of it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
option 2. im not a multiplayer guy.....couldnt care less about it really. if devs just completly drop SP then ill just play alot of old classics for a very very long time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
The day nintendo dies is the day i stop gaming...although Online taking presedence over single player would also be horrible...i would just start purely retro gaming
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#75 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
When one of the companies het close to a monopoly and when when good single player dies.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
the day i loose my arms i would stop playing games and my wii. :cry:
kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
The day sony and nintendo stop making consoles is the day I quit gaming.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
online multiplayer completely eclipses good, lenghty single player experiences. MS is already trying to push this over great single player experiences. I wont actually quit gaming, I'll just play retro games.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
When I die.
iesexywarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 iesexywarden
Member since 2005 • 723 Posts

i have a few things of when ill stop, when motion control becomes standard. i dont really mind sixaxis, because in racing games its like a steering wheel, thats cool. WArhawk made good use of it. But when i come home from school/work after ive dont a workout (running lifting, etc.) i really dont need to be jumping up and down tiring myself out playing tennis with a computer.

Also when MS takes over sony, i may buy that xbox or w/e, but im really not to fond of MS products, they lead me into nothing but trouble. IN the past i had multiple problems with the OS, then i read on the website how to fix it, i did that it said and it messed up more. Another time i was installing something on there website and it crashed halfway thru screwing up my computer. I think Xbox has a history of problems ( and im a very lazy person when it comes to repairs, my rockband drums have been broke nand messed up for a awhile but i dont wanna send them back (there playable and fine so i dont mind, just pedel is broke and the red pad sometimes messes up). But i dont feel like sending a xbox back for repairs due to a rrod, i am aware ps3 has problems, but when my friends dont me they sent there 360s back 3-4 times im like, ummmm yea i dont care if i cant play gears now..

its just how i feel, if MS takes over sony, im forced to deal with MS problems (im very unlucky with them appearently), maybe its me, idn, but i dont wanna deal with that

(sorry if this post seems like a bash to 360 or trolling, i just tried expalining why i wouldnt want to play a game if something along that circumstance occured, if you feel this post is trolling feel free to ignore it, sorry.

shadowcat2576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81 shadowcat2576
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
I will stop gaming when the so-called "hardcore gamers" gain complete control of what games are created. This gen of gaming has showed me that my tastes are very different from these so-called "gamers" and that I really don't care much about the games that they feel are so great.
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

"I lose interest in playing games"

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
The day originality and styIe disappear from the industry.
Krazy_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Krazy_duck
Member since 2006 • 2301 Posts

[QUOTE="Krazy_duck"]The day Miyamoto rapes me and kills my wife, I will quit gamingJakendo

Thanks to you, I keep getting mental pictures of Miyamoto rape scenes. Like he comes out of nowhere dressed up as Mario and says something like "I'm going to go down your warp pipe." I'm going to have nightmares thanks to you.

Don't act like you don't like it.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
The day MS or anyone monopolizes the gaming market is the day I quite gaming...
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
The day I accidently cut off my thumbs is the day I quit gaming. I cant imagine how hard it will be to play video games with no thumbs.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts
The day that I die followed by the day multiplayer games take over
blizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 blizzle
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts
The day when they stop making any challenging/deep PC games and are replaced with dumbed down console crap is the day I quit gaming. It's probably not too far off.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts
Either i die or the industry becomes an online multiplayer shooter must be(or any other genre) and the offline or one player experience is dead.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#90 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

the day online multiplayer becomes more important than the single player campaign...and sadly i see that day coming

im looking at you halo 3....:evil: