"Please Understand" the "Nintendo Hate"

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Edit: I'm reffering to the Wii U

Many Nintendo fans wonder why many gamers lost respect for Nintendo.  And no, it's not a conspiracy.  We like Nintendo's software, but don't like their hardware.  Nintendo is boxing themselves in and boxing other developers out.

Nintendo is a big company that develops good games.  I'll try and use an example of similar size: Ubisoft.  Ubisoft has a lot of series' and makes a lot of quality games.  What if Ubisoft said tomorrow that they were making a console and only their games would be on that console (BUT, the majority of other third party developers would not create much content for it).

We love to buy Ubisofts games, yea.  But would we buy a console just for them, and in a practical sense, only for them.  This is the same with Nintendo.  If Nintendo was a third party, they'd sell a lot more games.  Not even that.  If they had a console that other developers were able to work on with ease.

Rockstar is my favorite developer, but if they made me buy a console just for their games, I would say "no".  Or at least wait till a price drop.

Sure, many of us will as we always do get all three consoles.  But most people, casual gamers would want to buy one console and call it a gen.  Additional consoles are pricy and take up space for non-collectors.  Nintendo can keep going where they're going, but they'll just have to accept being second priority.

I'll just put this way to Nintendo fans who don't understand why people are bashing the Wii U.  If any other company has been doing what Nintendo has been doing with their hardware and their standing with third parties, you probably wouldn't buy their console either.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Nope.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
The problem with criticizing Nintendo's hardware is that it assumes all their hardware is shit, including their handhelds; which we patently know to be untrue for the exact opposite of the reasons that you listed in the OP.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The problem with criticizing Nintendo's hardware is that it assumes all their hardware is shit, including their handhelds; which we patently know to be untrue for the exact opposite of the reasons that you listed in the OP.charizard1605

They do that to make more profit. 

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 drekula2

The problem with criticizing Nintendo's hardware is that it assumes all their hardware is shit, including their handhelds; which we patently know to be untrue for the exact opposite of the reasons that you listed in the OP.charizard1605

i clarified that with an edit.

i'm talking about their console - not their handhelds.

in the handheld race, Vita is the Wii U (minus Pikmin) lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The problem with criticizing Nintendo's hardware is that it assumes all their hardware is shit, including their handhelds; which we patently know to be untrue for the exact opposite of the reasons that you listed in the OP.drekula2

Yes, I understood that. However, I was referring to your use of broad (and largely inaccurate) terms like 'hardware.' Anyway, Nintendo consoles are the pre 2003 Mac of the gaming world unfortunately. I want a return to the Gamecube era, but at least right now that seems impossible. At least their handhelds are as great as ever.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

All i care about the new pokemon! yea baby black 3DS XL very soon!

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The problem with criticizing Nintendo's hardware is that it assumes all their hardware is shit, including their handhelds; which we patently know to be untrue for the exact opposite of the reasons that you listed in the OP.xhawk27

They are still losing money on the Wii U. If they do it to make a profit, they are not doing a very good job.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I don't know man. I see why you may have these respective problems with Nintendo, and more specifically their hardware, but I just don't feel the same. 

I think they always have made some of if the best hardware ever to be on the market during their respective terms (note that I said, "almost"). And even when they can't claim the best (see; Wii), it still has always been a pretty great machine at the end of the day. They just have this efficient and unmatched quality when it comes to their product. Granted their business practices sometimes get them into trouble and sour their image in the eyes of the gamer, but their production quality in the software and hardware front is unmatched over their 30 year history. I personlly think that the Wii U could end up being the best hardware on the market this gen.

I think the PS4 and Xbox One will chase the PC too closely and become pretty cool but ultimately boring machines that do nothing special. The opposite fo what I think the Wii U is capable of and will eventually be (with Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 already showing the early signs of this being true.)

So, if you or anyone disagrees that's fine. It is completely your right. But the reasons I stated above are the very reason I love Nintendo and always will. I think they have the right idea in mind and in ten years we will see that they've been the ones who always got what gaming was really supposed to be about. 

IMO.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The problem with criticizing Nintendo's hardware is that it assumes all their hardware is shit, including their handhelds; which we patently know to be untrue for the exact opposite of the reasons that you listed in the OP.HarlockJC

They are still losing money on the Wii U. If they do it to make a profit, they are not doing a very good job.

It must be the gamepad that cost the most on the Wii-U. 

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

Nintendo doesn't care about me as a consumer, so I'm returning the sentiment.  If they did care, they'd have to revamp the state in which their IPs exist, so I can understand why they're willing to just let me go.  Glad they make money, just not mine.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 drekula2

I don't know man. I see why you may have these respective problems with Nintendo, and more specifically their hardware, but I just don't feel the same. 

I think they always have made some of if the best hardware ever to be on the market during their respective terms (note that I said, "almost"). And even when they can't claim the best (see; Wii), it still has always been a pretty great machine at the end of the day. They just have this efficient and unmatched quality when it comes to their product. Granted their business practices sometimes get them into trouble and sour their image in the eyes of the gamer, but their production quality in the software and hardware front is unmatched over their 30 year history. I personlly think that the Wii U could end up being the best hardware on the market this gen.

I think the PS4 and Xbox One will chase the PC too closely and become pretty cool but ultimately boring machines that do nothing special. The opposite fo what I think the Wii U is capable of and will eventually be (with Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 already showing the early signs of this being true.)

So, if you or anyone disagrees that's fine. It is completely your right. But the reasons I stated above are the very reason I love Nintendo and always will. I think they have the right idea in mind and in ten years we will see that they've been the ones who always got what gaming was really supposed to be about. 

IMO.

Darth-Samus

Only a hardcore fan will buy a console only for first party games (knowing they'll need to get another console if they want the third parties).  So basically, people who aren't diehard Nintendo fan are more skeptical of the Wii U.

If it were a company that you liked, but didn't love, in Nintendo's position, you'd be skeptical all the same.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#13 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

All i care about the new pokemon! yea baby black 3DS XL very soon!

finalstar2007
nice sig amigo.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Okay. Don't buy Nintendo systems if you don't want to. Just understand that I buy Nintendo hardware, both handheld and console, because both offer games I enjoy. 

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

Asking fanbots to understand on System Wars.  Good luck with that. 

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Nintendo platforms are the best platform to have with my PC as my main gaming platform. This is how it's always been for me and, as long as I get my Nintendo first party titles, I'm happy.

Amvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Amvis
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts

I agree with the OP. Nintendo makes quality games, but I just cannot justify buying their home consoles alone by their first party. Too many dry spells for games during the Gamecube and Wii. I had to learn the hard way.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Nope.MonsieurX
lol

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
Nintendo sucks now.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

If Nintendo was a third party, they'd sell a lot more games. 

drekula2

I know that for the wiiu what you are saying is true, but it isn't always true.  The highest selling games last gen were almost all Nintendo first party games, which would not have been possible if they were released as third party games on other platforms.  In the wii's case, and potentially the wiiu's some day, part of the appeal of Nintendo's games stems from the unique hardware.  For Nintendo the two are linked.

You are limiting it to the wiiu though so you are still correct, but I'm just saying that it isn't true in principle that Nintendo games would sell more as third party games.  

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#21 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Please understand... [spoiler] I'm a magic man. [/spoiler]
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

IMO.

drekula2

Only a hardcore fan will buy a console only for first party games (knowing they'll need to get another console if they want the third parties).  So basically, people who aren't diehard Nintendo fan are more skeptical of the Wii U.

If it were a company that you liked, but didn't love, in Nintendo's position, you'd be skeptical all the same.

It seems that Nintendos hardcore fanbase are the ones actually trying to keep the Wii U a float. The casuals who bought the Wii and made Nintendo gamers think their system was superior...where are they now???

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Nope.kingoflife9

i can tell youre not a very nice person.

He doesnt like gamers to tease Nintendo, it make him update. Say nice things about Nintendo and Mosieurx will be nice to you.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Every good game i've brought on WiiU is 3rd party. Nintendo currently (Not played Pikmin) has been average at best.

Though i do understand most the hate.

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

My problem with Nintendo is the software, I want to see new characters and IP from Nintendo. 

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46328 Posts

We love to buy Ubisofts games, yea.  But would we buy a console just for them, and in a practical sense, only for them.  This is the same with Nintendo.  If Nintendo was a third party, they'd sell a lot more games.  Not even that.  If they had a console that other developers were able to work on with ease.

Rockstar is my favorite developer, but if they made me buy a console just for their games, I would say "no".  Or at least wait till a price drop.

drekula2

But Rockstar only releases like one game a year. Nintendo releases way, way more than that. Because they have more studios than Rockstar.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts
[QUOTE="drekula2"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The problem with criticizing Nintendo's hardware is that it assumes all their hardware is shit, including their handhelds; which we patently know to be untrue for the exact opposite of the reasons that you listed in the OP.charizard1605

Yes, I understood that. However, I was referring to your use of broad (and largely inaccurate) terms like 'hardware.' Anyway, Nintendo consoles are the pre 2003 Mac of the gaming world unfortunately. I want a return to the Gamecube era, but at least right now that seems impossible. At least their handhelds are as great as ever.

you can't wear a t shirt to prom and then expect everyone who wore a suit to switch down to a tshirt just so you won't feel left out, that being said, I'd wear a t-shirt to prom. Although I didn't go back in my time. Point is, you can;t think it's okay to get away with not meeting the level or standards of your counterparts. You can get away with it once or twice but soon people will begin to think you're a cheap scam.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

But their handheld hardware is crap. The screens are low quality and low resolution. Despite being significantly less powerful than vita, it still has shoddy battery life that is comparable to vitas and its sleep mode function barely works when you suspend games. Thrown in bad buttons, screens that scratch themselves and you have a device that can be described as anything but well made.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
WiiU......lololol
TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
The wii u just all around sucks
DOADS87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DOADS87
Member since 2013 • 94 Posts

Nintendo use to make great software even for the Wii but for some reason everything on the Wii U looks lazy and uninspired (apart from Mario Kart). The 3D Mario this time looks like they put it together in a month whereas the Galaxy games were unique, the new DK game looks almost identical to the Wii one and then we get a Zelda game that everyone has already played.

In Nintendo's defence, I will say that even if they produced a console on par with the PS4 and the X1, people would still buy the multiplatform games on the latter.

They are good at handhelds and should stick to it...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#33 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Exactly. It's not like their hardware runs poorly or anything.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#34 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
If you want to play Nintendo games then buy their console. If not, then stop QQing, many people don't want to see Nintendo games on Xbox or Playstation or PC.
AndersK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AndersK
Member since 2005 • 396 Posts

I feel like Nintendo boxed itself in with the first Wii. The N64 and the Cube had lots of great games from various developers. Also multiplats, where the best version available was the Gamecube version.

Now, when i think of Wii games, i only think of the next Mario game, Zelda, Smash Bros, Wii sports games, and a handful of other household Nintendo characters. I dont think of other games. What happended to games like Shadowman, Turok and the awesome remake of Resident Evil 1?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Coolyfett

If you want to play Nintendo games then buy their console. If not, then stop QQing, many people don't want to see Nintendo games on Xbox or Playstation or PC. Miroku32
Coolyfett agrees, not sure why people want this, Nintendo games dont really appeal to Coolyfett, but there must be a market for those sort of games. Lil girls and women need games to play to and Nintendo is great for them.

MasterX666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MasterX666
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

NINTENDO hasn't been good since Super Nintendo

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Coolyfett

MasterX666

Prove it.

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
My problem with the Nintendo is they do nothing to help themselves out of their own hole. Their management has done a horrendous job with most of their consoles and they can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to obtaining third party support. Horrendous management.
MasterX666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MasterX666

[QUOTE="MasterX666"]

Coolyfett

Prove it.

I was there!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="MasterX666"]

MasterX666

Prove it.

I was there!

Nuff said!

MasterX666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MasterX666

[QUOTE="MasterX666"]

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Prove it.

Coolyfett

I was there!

Nuff said!

Indeed! I know and you don't!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="MasterX666"]

I was there!

MasterX666

Nuff said!

gen.jpg

The good ole days?? Oh yea Coolyfett was there. Sega Genesis was a fun system.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
The only Nintendo hate that is justified is how stupid they are with their online infrastructure. Other than that, I dig the games and I will keep supporting them along with every other console
MasterX666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MasterX666

[QUOTE="MasterX666"]

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Nuff said!

Coolyfett

gen.jpg

The good ole days?? Oh yea Coolyfett was there. Sega Genesis was a fun system.

Yeah! I even had the Sega CD! Good old Lunar and Vay! 

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
No RROD or YLOD, I think the best hardware goes to the one that works most of the time which would be Primarily Nintendo Consoles.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Nintendo was smart to the the "second" console, they priced the Wii that way. They messed up with the Wii U. Tablet controller was a mistake.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

No RROD or YLOD, I think the best hardware goes to the one that works most of the time which would be Primarily Nintendo Consoles.nini200
Hard for the hardware to fail in a closet.:P

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Please Understand this............WiiU sucks.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"]No RROD or YLOD, I think the best hardware goes to the one that works most of the time which would be Primarily Nintendo Consoles.MFDOOM1983

Hard for the hardware to fail in a closet.:P

That was funny.