PSN flash sale this weekend (Steam who?)

• 131 results
#101 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Amazing, thank you Sony. Legend of Dragoon and both Dino Crisis are obviously better than anything on Steam.

@inb4uall said:

This pales in comparison. I bought 29 games on the steam sale for around $55.

No, mathematically it does not. It's less than $24 dollars for 24 games. Way better value on PSN.

Legend of Dragoon is super average. With its laughable translation, cardboard characters, and cool-at-first-but-eventually-tedious combat system, it surely isn't anything to brag about. It's the kind of derivative me too RPG it seems like it could have been made based on the feedback of a focus group. Decent stuff, but not even in the ballpark of games like the FFs, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, etc. Or to put it another way: If RPGs were women, Legend of Dragoon would be a basic bitch.

lol chrono cross, lol xenogears those two were the worst ps1 jrpgs.

You have to admit that you have pretty shitty opinions when it comes to RPGs tho.

...or just about anything

#102 Posted by GreySeal9 (24010 posts) -

@GreySeal9: Legend of Dragoon is a really good game. It was also one of the better RPGs on the psone. And one that a lot of people, myself included wish would get a sequel.

It was one of the better looking RPGs on the PS1, but that's about it.

#103 Posted by GreySeal9 (24010 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Amazing, thank you Sony. Legend of Dragoon and both Dino Crisis are obviously better than anything on Steam.

@inb4uall said:

No, mathematically it does not. It's less than $24 dollars for 24 games. Way better value on PSN.

Legend of Dragoon is super average. With its laughable translation, cardboard characters, and cool-at-first-but-eventually-tedious combat system, it surely isn't anything to brag about. It's the kind of derivative me too RPG it seems like it could have been made based on the feedback of a focus group. Decent stuff, but not even in the ballpark of games like the FFs, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, etc. Or to put it another way: If RPGs were women, Legend of Dragoon would be a basic bitch.

lol chrono cross, lol xenogears those two were the worst ps1 jrpgs.

You have to admit that you have pretty shitty opinions when it comes to RPGs tho.

...or just about anything

lol true.

#104 Posted by Peanutbutterz (180 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Steam this past summer sale had over 1500 (?) games on for 33-90% off. This is a joke compared to that.

the steam summer sale stunk harder than a dead skunk on a humid day

Ok so if the steam sale sucks, then describe to me what this sale is.

#105 Posted by WallofTruth (1409 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

Not really, maths wise sure but 99% of those games I don't want to play. I got new games from Steam cheaper that some of those.

This ^

Irrelevant opinions.

24 for $24 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 29 for $55.

THHBO

Quality over quantity.

#106 Posted by WallofTruth (1409 posts) -

I've bought these, can't argue with the price for these sweet games!

Tekken 2

Dino Crisis 2

Dino Crisis

Wild Arms

Wild Arms 2

Harvest Moon

#107 Posted by da_illest101 (7408 posts) -

No games for me. I either own those games for like 15 years, got them out of ps+ or just not interested. Seriously every ps1 game should be at 99 cent.

#108 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Steam this past summer sale had over 1500 (?) games on for 33-90% off. This is a joke compared to that.

the steam summer sale stunk harder than a dead skunk on a humid day

if every game was on sale, it can't 'stink' you just either have everything you wanted already, or as usual, are just being a shitty troll

#109 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

Once again hermits defending Steam like it's their sister's cherry.

#110 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

...if the TC is going to make claims, what's wrong with disagreeing or asking him to explain it?

#111 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@Bigboi500 said:

...if the TC is going to make claims, what's wrong with disagreeing or asking him to explain it?

Cows boasting about PSN sales is fucking dumb too.

#112 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

lol, is this a joke? This sale is worse than one Steam has on an off-day.

#113 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16530 posts) -

I guess you guys don't remember when steam used to have much better sales.

#114 Edited by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

Even if Steam's recent sale was not as good as its great sales (which is in itself debatable, but whatever), there is no way that this PSN sale selling old games for $1 is anywhere close to how great the new Steam sale was.

#115 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11026 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Lets say you're right and Steam used to have better sales. This is still not better than the recent Steam sales. Not even close...

#116 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16530 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Even if Steam's recent sale was not as good as its great sales (which is in itself debatable, but whatever), there is no way that this PSN sale selling old games for $1 is anywhere close to how great the new Steam sale was.

lmao you must be a newer generation player. I see people happily paying places like gog and steam more for even older games. but anyway, you guys are the ones that are inferring things that I never said. but I will say that the summer sale just wasn't that great. I've seen games they had on sale even cheaper or for that price before.

#117 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11026 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: How do you accuse people of inferring things incorrectly? You clear say "Steam who?" If that does not mean that this handful of PS1 games is better than the Steam sales then what on earth does it mean?

#118 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

lmao you must be a newer generation player. I see people happily paying places like gog and steam more for even older games. but anyway, you guys are the ones that are inferring things that I never said.

Okay, then what are you saying?

Because your title is comparing this sale to steam sales: "Steam who?"

#119 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (539 posts) -

Poor peasants, all they can get is old indie games and PS1 classics.

Ironic since cows bash indies left and right all the time.

Enjoy them.

#120 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (539 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

where are the ps4 games

That's what all of us have been wondering since launch, mate.

#121 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3001 posts) -

2nd coming of Shadowmoses...

#122 Edited by lamprey263 (22843 posts) -

Hmm, I think I'll pick up Dyad, The Cave, and Worms Revolution.

Last time I was on PSN they had Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for $2.99 each, that's a steal if that price is still good, I recommend those, those games are really unnerving when played alone in the dark.

#123 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11026 posts) -
#124 Posted by thehig1 (1196 posts) -

PC gamers can play most of those games for free, as a lot of the sale is made up of Ps1 ans ps2 games.

Would it have killed them to at least include some decent last generation games, for example Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, LA Noire, Skyrim, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Island Riptide, Batman Arkham Origins, Sleeping Dogs, Assassins Creed Black flag etc etc

Those games were all included in steams sale

#125 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3001 posts) -
#126 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4142 posts) -

"steam who"

there is practically a constant sale for pc games anyway. http://www.cheapshark.com

my fiancee wanted sniper elite 3, i got it for 35 usd - pretty good for a new game. i could not find a cheaper price on consoles. also, compared to retail pricing for consoles games here, i paid less than 50% of the day-1 price.

#127 Posted by santoron (7648 posts) -

I swear some people on here can't help but bitch about anything that involves Sony. It's pathetic.

Not the greatest sale I've seen, but there's a few games I need to add, so bonus for me.

@SolidGame_basic: That's an absolutely horrible sale compared to any Steam sale. Are any of those "PS3 games" even PS3 games or just old PS1 and PS2 games? This is what a sale looks like:

PSWho?

Hey, I love Steam and LOVE me a Steam sale, but considering I've gotten copies of a half dozen of these games in the 4 months I've been on PS+ you probably could've picked better "ownage". :P

#128 Posted by santoron (7648 posts) -

Hmm, I think I'll pick up Dyad, The Cave, and Worms Revolution.

Last time I was on PSN they had Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for $2.99 each, that's a steal if that price is still good, I recommend those, those games are really unnerving when played alone in the dark.

Thanks for the tip! I just checked and they are listed for $3.99 now, but still a great deal.

I had a friend that was nuts over the series and I watched him play a healthy amount of FF 2. Don't know when/if I'll take time to play them, but I'm glad to have copies for whenever the mood strikes.

#129 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

lmao you must be a newer generation player. I see people happily paying places like gog and steam more for even older games. but anyway, you guys are the ones that are inferring things that I never said. but I will say that the summer sale just wasn't that great. I've seen games they had on sale even cheaper or for that price before.

Your topic title clearly mentions a PSN sale, and then calls out Steam, implying a direct comparison between Steam sales and this PSN sale. You can't get mad at people for following up with you on your comparison.

#130 Posted by lawlessx (46459 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Do you even see what YOU typed as a title? you posted an thread about a PSN sale and then tried to compare to the sales found on steam.

#131 Posted by GreySeal9 (24010 posts) -

@santoron said:

I swear some people on here can't help but bitch about anything that involves Sony. It's pathetic.

People probably wouldn't be taking shots at the PSN sale if the TC hadn't said "Steam who?"

#132 Posted by getyeryayasout (7078 posts) -

I just picked up Velocity Ultra and Toejam & Earl, bought everything else I was interested in previously.

#133 Posted by TheFadeForever (1688 posts) -

Not interested and don't ever compare PSN flash sales to steam lol Some of these games I haven't played in years.

#134 Edited by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

Ok sale for the modern indy games, but like someone else said the PS1 games should be $.99 by default. Even if a couple of them were actually gems from back in the day, I find PS1 games to be unplayable, or at least impossible to play to completion.