PSN flash sale this weekend (Steam who?)

• 131 results
#51 Posted by Basinboy (11056 posts) -

If PS1 games had trophies, I'd probably buy most everything.

#52 Posted by inb4uall (5351 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Amazing, thank you Sony. Legend of Dragoon and both Dino Crisis are obviously better than anything on Steam.

@inb4uall said:

This pales in comparison. I bought 29 games on the steam sale for around $55.

No, mathematically it does not. It's less than $24 dollars for 24 games. Way better value on PSN.

Not really, maths wise sure but 99% of those games I don't want to play. I got new games from Steam cheaper that some of those.

This ^

Irrelevant opinions.

24 for $24 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 29 for $55.

THHBO

You only have half the story. You would need to know what games I got and how new they are. Feel free to make a fool of yourself in your obvious ignorance though.

#53 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16823 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

So, a bunch of retro games (10 year old mostly) and games I never heard of... : ( Tc is an idiot. What happens to cows nowadays ? They are being idiots more than usual lately.

actually if you really want to go there Steam still sells 10 year old games for more

Which is true. But, your main top hit sale consists mostly of this. While steam have usually games more of a recent time on a deep discount.

depends. during PSN's winter sale I got tales of symphonia chronicles and tales of xillia for $10 each which wasn't long after they were released. also remember kz mercenary for $9 during that sale as well.

#54 Posted by clyde46 (44941 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Amazing, thank you Sony. Legend of Dragoon and both Dino Crisis are obviously better than anything on Steam.

@inb4uall said:

No, mathematically it does not. It's less than $24 dollars for 24 games. Way better value on PSN.

Not really, maths wise sure but 99% of those games I don't want to play. I got new games from Steam cheaper that some of those.

This ^

Irrelevant opinions.

24 for $24 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 29 for $55.

THHBO

You really are sad. Those games are over 10 years old. I could of gotten games from Steam that were released this year in that $55.

#56 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (742 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

This ^

Irrelevant opinions.

THHBO

You only have half the story. You would need to know what games I got and how new they are. Feel free to make a fool of yourself in your obvious ignorance though.

It didn't seem to matter when you brought it up before, not sure why specific games matter now.

#57 Posted by inb4uall (5351 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

This ^

Irrelevant opinions.

THHBO

It didn't seem to matter when you brought it up before, not sure why specific games matter now.

If you can't understand after it has been explained to you clearly by clyde then there is really no point in continuing this conversation. I feel pity for you. Life is gonna be rough.

#58 Posted by lostrib (34428 posts) -

@inb4uall: So have you finished your build?

#59 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (742 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

If you can't understand after it has been explained to you clearly by clyde then there is really no point in continuing this conversation. I feel pity for you. Life is gonna be rough.

So it does matter now?

It's convenient to play that card in your argument when you want to.

I'll reiterate:

#60 Posted by clyde46 (44941 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

So it does matter now?

I'll reiterate:

Again, the maths are irrelevant without context. I can buy 24 cans of cider for $24 or I can buy 29 box's that contain 12 cans of cider per box for $55. You tell me which is better value...

#61 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (742 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

So it does matter now?

I'll reiterate:

Again, the maths are irrelevant without context. I can buy 24 cans of cider for $24 or I can buy 29 box's that contain 12 cans of cider per box for $55. You tell me which is better value...

Terrible example that has no place in the argument.

All of these are games. 24 games vs 29 games.

#62 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

Not sure if serious if you were trying to truly knock Steam.

#63 Posted by jsmoke03 (12751 posts) -

i ended up buying 6 games lol

#64 Edited by Legend002 (7023 posts) -

I bought everything, damn.

#65 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11608 posts) -

Uhhh...thanks Sony

#66 Edited by melonfarmerz (1124 posts) -

Almost all these games were on a Humble Bundle at one point at 5 games for 1 dollar. Stop kidding yourself TC

@UnbiasedPoster

Really? Games don't matter? Ok let's look at Humble Bundles then. The lowest tier is usually 4 games for 1 dollar. Let's say I bought the last 20 Bundles.

80 games for 20 dollars. Wow

#67 Posted by melonfarmerz (1124 posts) -

Look at the Steam Summer sale thread, not a single knock on PSN. On the other hand, every single PSN sale gets its own thread that comes with PC bashing. Some of you cows are really jealous or something...

#68 Edited by Jynxzor (9305 posts) -

Shame I can't get them on my PS4 *Sigh*

I'd love to play Toejam and Earl again but not desperate enough to hook my PS3 back up to do so.

#69 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8366 posts) -

Pathetic sale, even Xbox 360 has now one that trumps it in every way.

#70 Posted by kitty (114553 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

If PS1 games had trophies, I'd probably buy most everything.

I'd buy almost everything if I had a memory card to fit it. :P

#71 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Steam this past summer sale had over 1500 (?) games on for 33-90% off. This is a joke compared to that.

the steam summer sale stunk harder than a dead skunk on a humid day

Cool analogy bro

Could you give some actual arguments as to why ?

#72 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16823 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Steam this past summer sale had over 1500 (?) games on for 33-90% off. This is a joke compared to that.

Cool analogy bro

If you only look for steam sales you miss a lot of other sites that have similar or even better discounts. Check slickdeals, cheapassgamer, Amazon, Microsoft store, origin store, greenman gaming, gamefly, eBay, bestbuy, and more.

#73 Posted by yokofox33 (29363 posts) -

Nothing for me. I found the Steam sale much more useful and I rarely PC game.

#74 Posted by speedfog (3045 posts) -

You mean PSone games? They should be $0.30.

#75 Edited by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -

I love these .99 cent sales. Spent. $7.00 last time and $4 this time .

Wild Arm 1&2, Dino C 1&2

Games used to be $50 brand new

#76 Posted by LustForSoul (5843 posts) -

Thanks Sony! OH WAIT, it's US only, again. Thanks for ditching the eu on the big sales. Again.

#77 Posted by final_lap (327 posts) -

Sony would have to pay me 99 dollars to play something that has random encounters in it.

#78 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

Thanks Sony! OH WAIT, it's US only, again. Thanks for ditching the eu on the big sales. Again.

Yeah, that's pretty weak indeed. This is the second time games are discounted under a dollar in the US, and I haven't seen this kind of sale happen once in the EU.

At least steam has the same discounts all over the world.

#79 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Booo US only. suck it psn. awesome job steam.

#80 Edited by GreySeal9 (24055 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

Legend of Dragoon is super average. With its laughable translation, cardboard characters, and cool-at-first-but-eventually-tedious combat system, it surely isn't anything to brag about. It's the kind of derivative me too RPG it seems like it could have been made based on the feedback of a focus group. Decent stuff, but not even in the ballpark of games like the FFs, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, etc. Or to put it another way: If RPGs were women, Legend of Dragoon would be a basic bitch.

#81 Edited by KaijuSlayer666 (36 posts) -

Sweet ass deal. I picked up wild arms 1 and 2, legend of dragoon, twisted metal black, harvest moon, Dino crisis 1 and 2, and double dragon neon for myself. And oddworld and papo y yo for my wife.

#82 Posted by lostrib (34428 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Cool analogy bro

If you only look for steam sales you miss a lot of other sites that have similar or even better discounts. Check slickdeals, cheapassgamer, Amazon, Microsoft store, origin store, greenman gaming, gamefly, eBay, bestbuy, and more.

who said he doesn't?

#83 Posted by Randolph (10468 posts) -

That's a terrible sale. Especially on the PSP side. Their are a ton of great games they could discount in that library. A bunch of cruddy old PSone games, and not even the good ones? Whatever.

#84 Edited by KaijuSlayer666 (36 posts) -

@GreySeal9: Legend of Dragoon is a really good game. It was also one of the better RPGs on the psone. And one that a lot of people, myself included wish would get a sequel.

#85 Edited by zanelli (768 posts) -

I've noticed one awesome game... but I already have it ;)

#86 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2522 posts) -

Nice , but that title is a joke right .? Ever used Steam before .?

#87 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2522 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: That's an absolutely horrible sale compared to any Steam sale. Are any of those "PS3 games" even PS3 games or just old PS1 and PS2 games? This is what a sale looks like:

PSWho?

This pic makes me want to create new account on steam and buy these games once again . Lol , Great stuff . Specially Witcher 2 ... 80% off is a steal .

#88 Edited by wolverine4262 (19039 posts) -

depends. during PSN's winter sale I got tales of symphonia chronicles and tales of xillia for $10 each which wasn't long after they were released. also remember kz mercenary for $9 during that sale as well.

WOAH!!! Three games!?!? Thats crazy! The DEELZ!!!!

#89 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

The fact that it's NA only is enough to discredit it as some sort of dig at Steam

#90 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

hmmm
Hmmmmmmm
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

#91 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

I was hoping Tomb Raider would be on there.

#92 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16823 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

lol keep trying

#93 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

LOL

If you guys could get some pics of games that are on PS3 but were on sale during the steam summer sale that would be great

#94 Posted by intotheminx (597 posts) -

I had a good laugh once I seen what the games are. Those were good games when I was a kid, but it shouldn't be compared to great, new games on Steam sales.

#95 Posted by wolverine4262 (19039 posts) -

lol keep trying

I dont have to try to laugh at your "argument".

You struggled to name three decent sale prices. If you aren't just trolling and are serious about this thread, I feel sorry for you.

#96 Posted by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

Any dollar games for the PS4?

#97 Edited by heretrix (37310 posts) -

This pic makes me want to create new account on steam and buy these games once again . Lol , Great stuff . Specially Witcher 2 ... 80% off is a steal .

I just finished my second Witcher 2 playthough a few minutes ago. So goddamn good, and it was going for under 4 bucks a few weeks ago. That alone trumps this entire PSN sale.

#98 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

Legend of Dragoon is super average. With its laughable translation, cardboard characters, and cool-at-first-but-eventually-tedious combat system, it surely isn't anything to brag about. It's the kind of derivative me too RPG it seems like it could have been made based on the feedback of a focus group. Decent stuff, but not even in the ballpark of games like the FFs, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, etc. Or to put it another way: If RPGs were women, Legend of Dragoon would be a basic bitch.

lol chrono cross, lol xenogears those two were the worst ps1 jrpgs.

#99 Posted by Stringerboy (6948 posts) -

US only.

kek

#100 Edited by GreySeal9 (24055 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@inb4uall said:

lol chrono cross, lol xenogears those two were the worst ps1 jrpgs.

You have to admit that you have pretty shitty opinions when it comes to RPGs tho.

Also, even if you don't think Xenogears and Chrono Cross are that great, calling them the worst on the system is pretty absurd.