PS4 will have better multiplats and exclusives than XBone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Were any of you guys around System Wars this gen when people were getting in heated debates regarding multiplatform game performance between the PS3 and Xbox 360? I hope you realize that the differences between the PS3 and 360 multiplats were extremely negligible compared to what you're going to see this gen. Yeah, you'd see pages and pages of debate going down because one version would have 5 more frames per second while the other version had better lighting and V-sync. People would fight to hell and back arguing which was more important, and why the other version was superior.

The Xbox 360 probably had more superior multiplats than the PS3 did this generation, but they were mostly negligible. The PS3 picked it up towards the end of the generation and had its fair share of superior multiplats, but even then, just negligible differences. The only reason people could definitively say that the PS3 was the better system was because of the exclusives it had to offer.

Do you realize that this generation, the PS4 will win every head 2 head comparison at Digital Foundry over the Xbox One and the differences will be large and not negligible?

It's crazy to think that the PS4 will not only have multiplatform game superiority, but will also have exclusive superiority. The 360 was always in it because of the multiplats. Exclusives were never a bragging point for the 360, it was always about the slightly better multiplatform games and that was considered an edge over the PS3. I really am curious to see how things turn out a few years down the road when every multiplat is better on PS4 and the PS4 is churning out the exclusives that the 360 fails to match.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Yes, next question.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

It doesn't take a genius to work that out.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

It'll be just like the PS2/Xbox era, but with the roles reversed.

Incoming 150+ million unit sales for the Xbox One.

RIP in Pieces, PS4. You only YOLO once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Multi-plats, not really... Both are getting Destiny, Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid VPP, etc. Far as exclusives are concerned, I think Xbox One has better.

We still have to see Naughty Dog and Santa Monica's games... Then again we still have to see the next Halo and Black Tusk Studios' games.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arkephonic
@kingoflife9 said:

Titanfall is already better than anything PS4 has coming in the next year and a half. So a big hell no on the exclusives, and quantum break LOOKS better than any ps4 exclusive.

double ownage

and p.s. I love ff7

You mean that game I can play on my PC without buying an Xbox One?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By arkephonic

@Samus3D said:

Multi-plats, not really... Both are getting Destiny, Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid VPP, etc. Far as exclusives are concerned, I think Xbox One has better.

We still have to see Naughty Dog and Santa Monica's games... Then again we still have to see the next Halo and Black Tusk Studios' games.

The key word is Multiplatform Performance. The thing that was made into such a huge deal this generation. People were going crazy over negligible differences this gen. How are people going to react when those games are vastly superior on PS4?

What I've gathered from observing the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One is that Sony has learned their lesson.

• The $600 price tag on the PS3 wasn't received well, so they made the PS4 $400.
  • The Cell Processor wasn't developer friendly, so they gave the PS4 PC centric architecture.
  • They lost a lot of market share launching a year late, so they're releasing at the same time this gen.
  • The added costs of the PS3 didn't make it much better performance wise than the 360, so they made sure the PS4 was much better performance wise this time around while at the same time being cost efficient.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@kingoflife9 said:

Titanfall is already better than anything PS4 has coming in the next year and a half. So a big hell no on the exclusives, and quantum break LOOKS better than any ps4 exclusive.

double ownage

and p.s. I love ff7

OP talks about multiplatform games looking better on PS4

OP then calls someone out for mentioning a multiplatform game on Xbox One that they think looks better than anything on PS4.

Good show

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 arkephonic

@treedoor said:

@arkephonic said:
@kingoflife9 said:

double ownage

and p.s. I love ff7

OP talks about multiplatform games looking better on PS4

OP then calls someone out for mentioning a multiplatform game on Xbox One that they think looks better than anything on PS4.

Good show

Incorrect. All I was saying was that Titanfall was not exclusive, which it isn't. I was referring to the fact that people compared PS3 and 360 multiplatform game performance all generation long on System Wars, and that this time around, the PS4 will win every comparison and the differences won't be so negligible. Of course the Hermits will come in and tout superiority over all as they should.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Multiplats were better on the 360 for 3 reasons:

1. Better controller

2. Better online

3. Better looking/performing

Xbox One still has 2 out of the 3, so that is why Xbox will still be the console I buy all multiplats on and PS4 will just be for exclusives.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 arkephonic

@starwolf474 said:

1. Better controller

2. Better online

Xbox One still has 2 out of the 3, so that is why Xbox will still be my console for all multiplats and PS4 will just be for exclusives.

But see, better controller is subjective, it's just an opinion. If you look for yourself, many head to head comparisons on youtube are saying that the DualShock 4 is better than the Xbox One controller. Graphics and performance are objective, it's not much of an opinion when you're dealing with better graphics, resolution and frame rates.

Online between the two has yet to be seen so you can't really say one is better than the other.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

When will people learn that none of this stuff really matters at the end of the day!!

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Don't bet on it.Digital Foundry will find some way to even it up for M$.LOL

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I don't know about multiplats, but the exclusives should look a lot better. As for if they will be better, that is another thing. I'd like to think so and hope so. Sony hasn't been one to disappoint, so we will see. If Sony does get the best of both worlds this gen, it might make M$ get their act together the next gen. I honestly don't think there will be a big difference on the mulitplats though, maybe more of the same. Though I expect both sides to have some nice looking games.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By arkephonic

@2ndwonder said:

I don't know about multiplats, but the exclusives should look a lot better. As for if they will be better, that is another thing. I'd like to think so and hope so. Sony hasn't been one to disappoint, so we will see. If Sony does get the best of both worlds this gen, it might make M$ get their act together the next gen. I honestly don't think there will be a big difference on the mulitplats though, maybe more of the same. Though I expect both sides to have some nice looking games.

I expect the multiplatform differences to be things like better resolution, frame rate, some degree of anti-aliasing, v-sync, just the little bells and whistles that you mess with on a PC. It's not going to be like, "Oh wow, it's like a completely different game"! But it will be noticeably better. It's going to be one of those cases where if you had to choose, why not go with the one that DOES have all those extra things?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Water is wet, etc....

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

2nd put the cat back.i approve.

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

I dont see Sony catching up to LIVE. This is also partly the multiplat developers fault off course like on BF3 where Sony got a broken game from DICE, horrible input lag, VOIP problems etc etc. it looks like COD Ghost will have dedicated servers on LIVE, "listen" servers (P2P) on PSN, if so thats a huge difference in xbox favour that no minor graphics difference can help smooth over.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

All i'm buying is a Xbox One i dont care much for PS4.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Back to making topics, and I'm not seeing any self shots in the lounge?

Dafuq?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Well unless my admittedly novice knowledge of RAM and GPUs has failed me, I don't see why that wouldn't happen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

double ownage

and p.s. I love ff7

Titanfall is multiplatform.

And Quantum Break is fake.

Imperiusmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 Imperiusmax
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

Looks like PS4 will have a clear advantage in this console war. Its sad but most people have written off Nintendo already.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@arkephonic: You cows put all your faith in graphics. That's why I say PS4 = hardware upgrade and XB1 = next gen.

So, the PS4 will probably have better graphics. The XB1 will have better online (better service and MS's cloud), and a more immersive gaming experience with Kinect. I'll take that over marginally better graphics any day.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Well considering the PS4 is the most powerful video game console ever created in the history of video games, it certainly is plausible.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

1. Better controller

2. Better online

Xbox One still has 2 out of the 3, so that is why Xbox will still be the console I buy all multiplats on and PS4 will just be for exclusives.

Subjective is controller. Not eveyone wants to play online. I'd say 3 depended on devs.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

most likely yes but i still think xlive will be better so that may be enough to offset the horsepower advantage of the ps4.

my hope is that sony will use the psn $$$ to fix the issues with psn and not just throw old games at you and hope you won't mind how inconveinent psn is.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol so now minor differences in multiplats matter? you're an idiot

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@arkephonic: Dude blog it. No one wants to read your bias opinion on what you like and dislike. lol!! Tell it to someone who actually cares.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@blackace said:

@arkephonic: Dude blog it. No one wants to read your bias opinion on what you like and dislike. lol!! Tell it to someone who actually cares.

Oh, the irony.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Were any of you guys around System Wars this gen when people were getting in heated debates regarding multiplatform game performance between the PS3 and Xbox 360? I hope you realize that the differences between the PS3 and 360 multiplats were extremely negligible compared to what you're going to see this gen. Yeah, you'd see pages and pages of debate going down because one version would have 5 more frames per second while the other version had better lighting and V-sync. People would fight to hell and back arguing which was more important, and why the other version was superior.

The Xbox 360 probably had more superior multiplats than the PS3 did this generation, but they were mostly negligible. The PS3 picked it up towards the end of the generation and had its fair share of superior multiplats, but even then, just negligible differences. The only reason people could definitively say that the PS3 was the better system was because of the exclusives it had to offer.

Do you realize that this generation, the PS4 will win every head 2 head comparison at Digital Foundry over the Xbox One and the differences will be large and not negligible?

It's crazy to think that the PS4 will not only have multiplatform game superiority, but will also have exclusive superiority. The 360 was always in it because of the multiplats. Exclusives were never a bragging point for the 360, it was always about the slightly better multiplatform games and that was considered an edge over the PS3. I really am curious to see how things turn out a few years down the road when every multiplat is better on PS4 and the PS4 is churning out the exclusives that the 360 fails to match.

xbox one has better exclusives and better multiplaform games.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@sukraj said:

@arkephonic said:

xbox one has better exclusives and better multiplaform games.

Only in your dreams. Shhh....sleep well sweet prince...dream on...dream on.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

double ownage

and p.s. I love ff7

Titanfall is just COD with mechs, its for casuals. And you can just play it on PC and maybe eventually on PS4. And how does Quantum look better when 0 gameplay was shown. I can show you cutscenes from Beyond Two Souls (PS3) that look better LOL

I cant wait to see Santa Monica's new game... Naughty Dogs... Guerrilla Games... for now Shadow Fall, Second Son, The Order 1886> Quantum Break and nothing else lol

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

sorry. wrong thread.

OT: thats a pretty good theory and you'll probably be proven right in time. well done consolite on supporting whats likely to be the console graphics king.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

There has always been graphical differences between xbox and playstation including resolution (e.g black ops 2 on 360 had better resolution than ps3). In the end the multiplat games look similar enough that other things besides graphics become important.

Muliplat games generally include a multiplayer element and the Xbox Live extra features such as dedicated servers and even Kinect should they integrate it correctly will play deciding factors.

There will be exclusives on both sides. More Xbox One exclusives will appear on PC (good for PC) but for the majority of population wont have a gaming PC and console. So as long as its off PS4 they will go Xbox One.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Lol. Multiplats suddenly matter now and graphics, too.

BreadNMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38 BreadNMilk
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

@kingoflife9:

Everything on an Xbox looks better to a Lemming.